Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How tall are you? What is your wingspan and sitting height?  (Read 49386 times)

Daylight

How tall are you? What is your wingspan and sitting height?
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:02:43 AM »

I am male caucasian, 24 years old. Height: 1m75. Wingspan: 1m83. Sitting height: 93(at night)  ;D
What are yours ;)

Russianblues

Re: How tall are you? What is your wingspan and sitting height?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:18:39 AM »

How often do u come across 5'3 males with the same sitting height as you?

LLL

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »

How often do u come across 5'3 males with the same sitting height as you?

Statistically, that'd almost never happen, I don't even know if it is possible. At least not in a healthy, non-deformed individual.

93cm divided by 160cm (5'3") is ~0.58... WAY out of the bell curve.

IamAndrew

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 05:04:18 AM »

Whoa, whoa...Wait.

My height is 172 cm. Wingspan 183 cm...and sitting height is only 82.6 CM. Making the ratio .48. Two standard deviations below average.

But I don't think my legs look long because compared to my chest and arms, they actually look short in the mirror. But these measurements are startling and pointing towards my torso being short, not legs.

CLL for my desired 2.2 inches would make my ratio .464 (82.6 cm / 178 cm) which isn't even on that chart above. I may have to do some mock up photos now to see if this would look too unusual or not. Would a person look ok with a (perhaps) noticeably short stomach but larger limbs and chest? Has anyone had CLL with an end ratio of .47 or lower so I can see?

PS I measured while sitting with my butt against the floor. No back support. Thanks for the charts and info.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:19:45 AM by IamAndrew »
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

elvergalarga

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 05:42:13 AM »

Whoa, whoa...Wait.

My height is 172 cm. Wingspan 183 cm...and sitting height is only 82.6 CM. Making the ratio .48. Two standard deviations below average.

But I don't think my legs look long because compared to my chest and arms, they actually look short in the mirror. But these measurements are startling and pointing towards my torso being short, not legs.

CLL for my desired 2.2 inches would make my ratio .464 (82.6 cm / 178 cm) which isn't even on that chart above. I may have to do some mock up photos now to see if this would look too unusual or not. Would a person look ok with a (perhaps) noticeably short stomach but larger limbs and chest? Has anyone had CLL with an end ratio of .47 or lower so I can see?

PS I measured while sitting with my butt against the floor. No back support. Thanks for the charts and info.

No way  :o im 163 ctms and mi sittng heig ht   is 84ctms  51.5 %i cant vealibe maybe you measured wrong

Taller

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »

Statistically, that'd almost never happen, I don't even know if it is possible. At least not in a healthy, non-deformed individual.

93cm divided by 160cm (5'3") is ~0.58... WAY out of the bell curve.

Why do Africans supposedly have taller sitting height ratios than Europeans and Australians at some points in development? Do their legs grow last? From my observations, I'd never in a million years expect that

Arche

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 05:15:48 PM »

So my sitting height is 88.5 cm at 168 cm of height. This means that my ratio is at approximately 0.53 or "+1."

If I add 5 cm to my tibias and femurs evenly, for a total gain of 10 cm, my sitting height will obviously stay the same at 88.5 cm, but my height will be 178 cm. Therefore, my "post-lengthening" ratio becomes 0.50 or "-1."

Doesn't sound too bad? I guess I won't truly know until I gain the height.

IamAndrew

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 03:04:32 AM »

This is exactly how I measured (both while sitting on chair and sitting on floor).

And it comes out to 33-33.5 inches (83 cm average). Just to be triple sure I just did it again a min ago. Same result. My overall height is 171-172 CM.

My leg proportions don't look off to me and nobody has ever commented on that. People have only commented that my arms/shoulders are broad for my body. Laughingly, people said I "look tall" in photographs before because of my posture and wingspan. And if you don't have a huge wingspan you could still give a wicked illusion with a proud and strong posture.

@RisingShorty, I will take some picts in the future of my whole body. Here's a 3 year old photograph showing my upper body tho.
I drew a line approximately wear my belt line is.

@Arche, that ratio is great man. Like I said, even at .48, nobody has ever commented on my legs. You would be perfectly fine with 10 cm imo. What is your wingspan tho?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:42:14 AM by IamAndrew »

Wannabegiant

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »

Andrew, its hard to judge without the whole body, but from where you drew the line your upper body actually looks quite short imo.

As for your measurement, sitting height doesnt tell the whole story, the ichium bone or rather the thickness of your groin bones, will also determine how tall your sitting height is.

I for one have a sitting height of 89.5 cm (got measured at the clinic), but i also noticed that my groin bones when viewed from the profile view (side view) are very thin (as a whole im quite thin when looking sideways) so this means my torso is most likely taller compared to some people with taller sitting heights but thicker groin bones.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:10:54 AM by Wannabegiant »

Taller

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »

What wannabegiant said seems absolutely correct in my case. I have a 96CM sitting height but I feel that, while a little long, my torso isn't freakishly or super long, just a little. I have very thick bones and I think that my groin bones must be responsible for my sitting height.

Captainparker

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »

Well I haven't been on here in awhile but I just measured myself today, and I came out at just under 170 cm tall(5 feet 6 7/8s) and I correctly measured my sitting height this time and it came out at a whopping 82.2 cm tall. I am 16 going to be 17 in a few months and I feel that I am a freak of nature at my height and stuff. Also my wingspan is about 186 cm long so this is just nuts imo.

It seems the world doesn't like me.

My dad is a legit 178 cm tall guy(claims 183 though.) and my mom is 167 cm tall. I felt like I have been cheated!

I have the arms of a 180 cm tall guy and the legs of one but not the body! and also my inseam is above 32 inches btw. What is wrong with me!?
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)
Desired around 5 feet 11(Low 180 cm range)
Average height for native country Feet 9.5(177 cm).

Taller

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 12:19:41 AM »

Well I haven't been on here in awhile but I just measured myself today, and I came out at just under 170 cm tall(5 feet 6 7/8s) and I correctly measured my sitting height this time and it came out at a whopping 82.2 cm tall. I am 16 going to be 17 in a few months and I feel that I am a freak of nature at my height and stuff. Also my wingspan is about 186 cm long so this is just nuts imo.

It seems the world doesn't like me.

My dad is a legit 178 cm tall guy(claims 183 though.) and my mom is 167 cm tall. I felt like I have been cheated!

I have the arms of a 180 cm tall guy and the legs of one but not the body! and also my inseam is above 32 inches btw. What is wrong with me!?

Given your inseam, sitting height, wingspan, and, most importantly, your age, I'd say that you are probably going to grow to at least 180CM naturally as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle.

onedayillgrow

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 12:21:45 AM »

Given your inseam, sitting height, wingspan, and, most importantly, your age, I'd say that you are probably going to grow to at least 180CM naturally as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Lucky bastard.

Captainparker

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 01:48:47 AM »

Well I just remeasured my sitting height and height after my first workout ever.

My height fell below 5 feet 7.

It came out at 5 feet 6.75.

I hate life now.

Also even moar bad news. My sitting height I measured right I think this time is 33.25 inches or 84.45 cm.

Oh I feel so short and I am almost 17.

Hacrapag No Hope!
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)
Desired around 5 feet 11(Low 180 cm range)
Average height for native country Feet 9.5(177 cm).

Blackhawk

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 02:49:29 AM »

Your sitting height is pretty low.  I have read that your torso is the last part to grow.  I would try to be as healthy as you can and see if you will grow in the next couple of years.

You may be tall enough eventually to forget about this difficult procedure.

IamAndrew

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »

So turns out my arms aren't that long, it's mostly my shoulders. I've 20.7 inch shoulders whereas the average man is 17.9 inches.

That is the same length if I drew a line from the top of my briefs to the top of my shoulder. Holy shiz, if I were fat my torso (not counting hips) would form a perfect square.  :o

http://ergotmc.gtri.gatech.edu/dgt/images/hbfg0717.gif

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:27:44 PM by IamAndrew »

Shortie

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 11:46:01 PM »

Im 170 cm my setting height 83 or 84 i have a friend is 5'5 and when we set down he has setting height as my friend who is 5'9 but he is kinda fat tho , so the more body fat u have the more setting height u have , go to any resturant look at some females while they are setting down alot of them have te same setting eight as thier partners , but when they stand up they are alot shorter , but when u look at the body they got something called ass they set on it , so if u have big ass u have high setting height i u dont u dont have hight setting height .

Shortie

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »

My setting height was 86 last year but i had more weight on me !

G-Man

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 12:26:15 AM »

Yeah baby!  I'm a Full patch member now!  Who da man, who da man!?  ;D

Carry on!

Adriano

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 07:52:55 AM »

women have short legs.

the reason why women with long legs are seen as sexy is because they are not easy to find.

GeTs

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 03:02:22 PM »

Tbh, in real life no one gives a flying fk about wingspan and sitting height because not everyone knows about LL and the media doesn't discriminate or judge based on sitting height or wingspan, the only thing you should focus when doing LL for me is how  proportionate you'll look nked. Take also in consideration that if you do more amounts (6cm +) you'll look weird and it'll look like you're wearing high heels.

G-Man

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »

Antlers lengthening!?  ;)

• Proportionā˜¤Nazi
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 03:50:17 PM »

So in conclusion, What do you think matters the most... Sitting height or arm span?
Cause i've got 192cm / 6'3.5" (I can get up to 194cm / 6'4.5" if i stretch) but my sitting height varies between 90-93cm during the day, may be due to bad posture. Lets say its 91.5cm for argument's sake, this means that i have long limbs and short torso (highly uncommon for caucasians). And thats not the case IMO, sitting height is a  ty measurement for torso length. I am not deformed, if anything i am well proportioned. So people with flat butt's can't do LL ?  ;D
Do doctors really take into account sitting height ratios, is the limit 0.50 and if so will they refuse to go over it ?
6.5cm shouldn't cause too much trouble especially if they're divided by two segments IMO.
What do you think ?
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

SpiderProwler

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »

So in conclusion, What do you think matters the most... Sitting height or arm span?
Cause i've got 192cm / 6'3.5" (I can get up to 194cm / 6'4.5" if i stretch) but my sitting height varies between 90-93cm during the day, may be due to bad posture. Lets say its 91.5cm for argument's sake, this means that i have long limbs and short torso (highly uncommon for caucasians). And thats not the case IMO, sitting height is a s**tty measurement for torso length. I am not deformed, if anything i am well proportioned. So people with flat butt's can't do LL ?  ;D
Do doctors really take into account sitting height ratios, is the limit 0.50 and if so will they refuse to go over it ?
6.5cm shouldn't cause too much trouble especially if they're divided by two segments IMO.
What do you think ?

With that wingspan you probably do have long limbs. It's not "highly uncommon" for caucasians, maybe for asians, but there are still plenty of caucasians on both sides.

Sitting height is not a bad metric, assuming you're not morbidly obese, butt will matter very little. I'm skinny and have a 94 cm sitting height at 173 cm. I've seen many short asian guys with high sitting heights. There's a reason it's been used as a torso length metric in most studies.

In terms of wingspan vs. torso...I believe wingspan may matter more if you dress with long shirts, since it is very difficult to give the appearence of longer arms. However, I believe torso length matters more when nked.

As long as you don't go 10 cm above your wingspan or below 49-50% sitting height, it won't be noticed by people.

tallshort_throwaway

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 02:22:50 AM »

First post here, and I believe I'm a fairly interesting case. I am very tall, but composed almost entirely by my torso (192cm, made up primarily by torso). I haven't measured my inseam, but the disparity's blatant, though I am only really conscious of my wingspan. My wingspan is 183cm, and that's with very broad shoulders. I'm not phased by the short legs, as I feel I'm tall enough that I don't need the extra height, but what does often disturb me is my arm length, in that I can sit at a desk, tower over everyone else, yet 90% of the time my elbows don't reach the desk when sitting straight.

I'm very interested in carrying out limb-lengthening surgery to my upper-arms, and believe this is possible and particularly safe to do so. Does anyone have any advice on where I can begin researching and following up the possibility for adding 5cm to each upper arm, for cosmetic limb-lengthening?

Cheers.

Taller

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 04:39:36 AM »

First post here, and I believe I'm a fairly interesting case. I am very tall, but composed almost entirely by my torso (192cm, made up primarily by torso). I haven't measured my inseam, but the disparity's blatant, though I am only really conscious of my wingspan. My wingspan is 183cm, and that's with very broad shoulders. I'm not phased by the short legs, as I feel I'm tall enough that I don't need the extra height, but what does often disturb me is my arm length, in that I can sit at a desk, tower over everyone else, yet 90% of the time my elbows don't reach the desk when sitting straight.

I'm very interested in carrying out limb-lengthening surgery to my upper-arms, and believe this is possible and particularly safe to do so. Does anyone have any advice on where I can begin researching and following up the possibility for adding 5cm to each upper arm, for cosmetic limb-lengthening?

Cheers.

I wouldn't do it for cosmetic reasons, but would definitely do it if your short arms are causing you functional issues, as in not reaching steering wheels easily, or having to hunch to the point of getting back pain while eating or writing. If this is the case, you might even be able to get insurance to cover your procedure. Dr. Parihar in India can do it for under 50k if you use precise and probably around 20k for external devices. Dr. Paley in the US can do it for ~90k with the precise nail. Go with him and get it covered by insurance if you can.

By the way, what is your sitting height? What pant inseam fits you best, generally speaking? Do you know if there is any medical reasons for your fairly uncommon proportions?

tallshort_throwaway

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 05:07:54 AM »

I wouldn't do it for cosmetic reasons, but would definitely do it if your short arms are causing you functional issues, as in not reaching steering wheels easily, or having to hunch to the point of getting back pain while eating or writing. If this is the case, you might even be able to get insurance to cover your procedure. Dr. Parihar in India can do it for under 50k if you use precise and probably around 20k for external devices. Dr. Paley in the US can do it for ~90k with the precise nail. Go with him and get it covered by insurance if you can.

By the way, what is your sitting height? What pant inseam fits you best, generally speaking? Do you know if there is any medical reasons for your fairly uncommon proportions?

Measuring just now, 103cm sitting height (floor to top of head). As for inseam, I've never selected pants by measurements - purely by what fits, as short legs-wide pelvis, isn't particularly well accommodated by many types of trousers.

50K-90K for the precise is quite a lofty price though, but if it achieves what's necessary I suppose I feel it's worthwhile. What is the difference between precise and external?

Also, I'm surprised health insurance covers international treatment. My worry is whether I'd actually be eligible for it, given that I still have an average and largely manageable wingspan, and my reasons are partly cosmetic.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:14:47 AM by tallshort_throwaway »

KrP1

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »

Im 165cm tall. 168cm armspawn and 90cm sitting height. Could i go for 175cm tall?

Taller

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »

Today I ate lunch with somebody very interesting, not just character-wise, but also proportion-wise. This guy is Caucasian (says he's of German descent), and stands 6'4-6'4.5 (~194CM) depending on the time of day. Guess who had the taller sitting height? I did! My sitting height is 96CM. We were talking about tshirts and I pointed out that it was funny that we both wore size mediums despite our massive height difference. He chuckled and said that it was because he has ridiculously long legs. He wears pants with a whopping 40 inch inseam! He said that anything shorter looks noticeably short on him. As a proportions-obsessed prospective LL-er, I felt as though I was looking at a unicorn. I couldn't believe that such proportions actually existed, let alone occurred naturally, and asked him to sit up as straight as possible. Sure enough, I was 2-3CM taller! His medium t-shirt went down past his waist. Standing up, though, he looks perfectly proportionate, and does very well socially, probably in no small part due to the confidence that his impressive height has allowed him. His proportions don't seem to bother him in the slightest. The only things that he has, that an LL-er would lack, are two very long arms, which work wonders in balancing out his proportions. His forearms were especially long and, as we know, those can't be lengthened. His hands were of pretty normal size though. I am sharing this story to give my take on why I am now more confident that a short sitting height doesn't necessarily mean that you'll look like a freak after LL. Just keep the amount of lengthening reasonable.

Gichelu

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 11:56:23 PM »

^Are you MiracleGrow on the other site?
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Taller

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 12:03:08 AM »

I'm batman.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up