Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which would be your priority?

Height > proportion
- 23 (47.9%)
Proportion > height (proportion Nazis Lon)
- 25 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height vs proportion!!  (Read 18127 times)

Daylight

Height vs proportion!!
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:12:54 AM »

An old topic on old forum  but I would like to hear the opinions of members here  ;)
Personally, I think that height is an important factor but I would choose proportion over height because taller does not always means better. A lean healthy proportionate body is the perfect package. :) Therefore I am a propotion Nazis  ::) ::)

Doflamingo

Re: Height vs proportion!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 07:04:36 PM »

I'd go for proportion > height, but normal people in real life (maybe except doctors) won't be able to see that you've done LL;
I honestly think that we think in the extreme because LL changed our way of thinking (mindset).

I'll do 5cm tibias, 5cm femurs; I wonder how 10cm will make me look out of proportion so hard people will notice it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »

This guy looked like a freak to me when I first watched the video a few weeks ago, with his tiny little shins and his knees way too low.  Especially since I was a tibia patient who's grown accustomed to the sight of my own legs.

Today I re-watched it with a different mindset, looking at the whole person and not just at the legs with a critical eye, and didn't notice anything wrong with him.

Just go for the height you want.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:18:22 PM by Medium Drink Of Water »

Blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:58:56 PM »

I remember when I first watched that video.

His femors are a little long but I don't think it looks too noticeable.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 08:55:01 PM »

For me, the only thing I'm concerned about is my sitting height to actual height ratio.  Sitting down and always being the shortest guy at the table and then standing up and suddenly being the tallest guy there? :o  That will probably raise some eyebrows.  Nevertheless, it won't keep me from LL.

Fortunately, everything else is pretty in proportion for me and I plan on lengthening my tibia and femurs equally so that nothing is too long.

LiveLife

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:19:38 PM »

How do you expect unbiased survey results when one group is referred to as "Nazis" in the questionnaire?  And "Lon", what that stand for?

Height > proportion

Blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:47 AM »

For me, the only thing I'm concerned about is my sitting height to actual height ratio.  Sitting down and always being the shortest guy at the table and then standing up and suddenly being the tallest guy there? :o  That will probably raise some eyebrows.  Nevertheless, it won't keep me from LL.

Fortunately, everything else is pretty in proportion for me and I plan on lengthening my tibia and femurs equally so that nothing is too long.

Hey BD,

What is your sitting height?

Daylight

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 01:31:44 AM »

How do you expect unbiased survey results when one group is referred to as "Nazis" in the questionnaire?  And "Lon", what that stand for?

Height > proportion
Hi, its suppose to be funny because all of the guys on the other site call whoever has concern with proportion Nazis :) Its like a way of me mocking those people on the other site who think that they can get away lengthen more than 15 cm.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 04:23:34 AM »

Hey BD,

What is your sitting height?

86-87 cm.  If anyone's curious how to calculate it, just measure from where your butt meets the seat to the top of your head.

Madman

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »

ive got exactly the same problem. sitting height about 86-87 cm, wingspan 175-176, height 166. I would love to do 5 cm on tibias and femurs , however I am a little bit concern about my look after 2 ops :/

BilateralDamage

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 01:10:09 AM »

ive got exactly the same problem. sitting height about 86-87 cm, wingspan 175-176, height 166. I would love to do 5 cm on tibias and femurs , however I am a little bit concern about my look after 2 ops :/

You're my proportion twin! :)  You even have the same outlook on the surgeries as me...

Taller

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 03:29:48 AM »

What do you all think of these extremely long tibiae?

Personally, I don't think it's such a bad look. A bit too long in my opinion, but these legs do look kinda like model legs. Aesthetically, I'd much rather have my tibiae too long than my femurs too long, but long tibiae mean shorter strides while walking. I'm not sure how they'd affect running though, since the stride's different. As MDOW points out in his awesome Q&A thread, leg bone ratios affect walking significantly, and that's something to definitely keep in mind before getting LL.

Russianblues

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »

This whole proportions thing gives me the absolute  s.

You walk in to a room with shorts on and 10/10 people are going to notice the scars from LL whereas 1/1000 might think you look abnormal (femurs look   almost always whereas tibias look decent almost always) if you've done your tibias. Yet why the fk do people continue to talk all day long about their proportions? Unless you are Apo walking around with a comical sitting  height no one will notice. There should be a subsection about scar removal rather than this proportion circle jerk.

Taller

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »

There should be a subsection about scar removal.

Agreed. In the meantime, Medium Drink of Water's Q&A thread has some awesome advice regarding post-LL scar removal.

Taller

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »

rather than this proportion circle jerk.

There's no reason to be mean or rude to people like that. If proportions concern people, there's absolutely no reason they can't discuss them here. If you think such discussions are stupid, don't participate. But you don't need to call people jerks for doing so.

I hope you don't act like that in real life outside LL Forum. You'd be reinforcing that stupid stereotype people have of the "angry short manlet". I go to the gym a lot and hear people tossing that around quite a bit. We all have our insecurities, and, yes, life is innately unfair, but, instead of being angry, we short people (and all people, for that matter) just need to try to make the most of what we have. There's absolutely no need to go around insulting people for no reason.

Sweden

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »

Today I sat next to a good friend of mine who is 185/186. He showed me his new computer but I was secretly mostly only measuring our proportions.
His sitting height was much taller than mine. His femurs were longer than mine and his arms too.
But my tibias were longer than his so my sitting position looked awkward next to him.
He looked so relaxed and I had my knees way up(both feet fully down).

I wish I only did 5cm actually in some way. Mostly regarding proportion way.

If I ever do femurs it won't be more than 5cm but then my sitting height will be the smallest in the world(next to Apotheosis) among tall people.

5+5cm is the best thing to do.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Moubgf

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »

Height up until a certain point is crucial after that it's all proportion.

To me Height>proportion.

And the Chinese dude looks amazing. See how simple his life is now it radiates from the video.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 01:16:27 AM »

Height > Proportion.

Period.

ewt

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »

for me Height <> Proportions
i want to be 6'1 but it would make me disproportioned
so 5'10/5'11 would be fine
but i don't want to be 5'9

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »

Function > Height > Proportion.

No point lengthening 20cm for an uber height increase if you're going to walk like a geriatric the rest of your life.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Claude

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »

Wow i wasnt waiting for so many proportion fans. Sweden did you vote 100 times ?  :)

Sweden

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »

Wow i wasnt waiting for so many proportion fans. Sweden did you vote 100 times ?  :)

People doesn't want to look ridiculous.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Northern.Tiger

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 01:30:13 AM »

Function > Height > Proportion.

No point lengthening 20cm for an uber height increase if you're going to walk like a geriatric the rest of your life.

QFT. I might even stop at 4.5cm if I get the surgery. 5cm is the absolute maximum. I need to be able to use my damn legs for sports and physical activities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up