Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Are women attracted to those doofy looking tall guys?  (Read 40706 times)

NewHeights

Are women attracted to those doofy looking tall guys?
« on: February 18, 2015, 06:33:42 PM »

We've all seen them.... 6' 4", big shoulders, and powerful looking men, but one thing also stands out, their faces look mad doofy (big nose, weird mouth, meathead look...)

Do women like these men, more than say a 5 10" Johnny Depp, or even a 5 2" Kevin Hart? To state even more clearly, would a 5 6" - 5 7" good looking dude outclass these ugly tall brutes in the dating scene?

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Overdozer

Re: Are women attracted to those doofy looking tall guys?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 06:38:59 PM »

I guess some do and I guess some do not. Riiiight?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

NewHeights

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »

I guess some do and I guess some do not. Riiiight?

Logical answer my friend, and the some do some don't mentality I believe is very true. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post btw. I understand that some people are blessed with good facial aesthetics and some are not.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Disobedient

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »

I really I have a question I want to ask here.

I know that the look is REALLY REALLY important when it comes for dating .. but like why do I get this vibe when I read all those threads that it's the only aspect you look at  ?

for look wise .. hmmm

handsome (avg height ) > giant (ugly)
handsome  ( bit short) > giant (ugly)
handsome ( really really short ) = giant ugly 

but like if you insert one more aspect in those equation you would get totally different result   
like how about if this giant guy has great personality ? rich?  has strong charisma ? you really don't need more than 10 min to figure out those things

and sometime when you walk by a very very handsome guy you automatically assume that he must be not a very good lover as he would get what he need easily ..

NewHeights

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 09:31:35 PM »

I really I have a question I want to ask here.

I know that the look is REALLY REALLY important when it comes for dating .. but like why do I get this vibe when I read all those threads that it's the only aspect you look at  ?

for look wise .. hmmm

handsome (avg height ) > giant (ugly)
handsome  ( bit short) > giant (ugly)
handsome ( really really short ) = giant ugly 

but like if you insert one more aspect in those equation you would get totally different result   
like how about if this giant guy has great personality ? rich?  has strong charisma ? you really don't need more than 10 min to figure out those things

and sometime when you walk by a very very handsome guy you automatically assume that he must be not a very good lover as he would get what he need easily ..

Looks is not the only aspect we look at, but many of us believe it's the main aspect we are judged on.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 09:57:07 PM »

I think the taller you are, the more you can afford to be lacking in other physical aspects. I've known a few traditionally handsome short guys in my high school and college years who were mostly disregarded as serious boyfriend material because of their lack of height. I've also seen a bunch of aesthetically unfortunate men who never seemed to have a shortage of women willing to date them, and I can only assume it was because they were quite tall as their faces were very odd looking. 

Another example that seems to support this is that my mom is very outspoken and will often make remarks if she sees someone in the vicinity that has physical flaws. A number of times she has seen an attractive woman with a guy that has an ugly face, looks like a total geek, or is quite fat, and commented that she can't believe the woman is dating someone who looks like that. I noticed each time that the guy was always very tall.

Now a lot of these women would probably much rather date a guy of average height who is good looking than an ugly guy who is tall. But I do think that if you're tall, you can find a lot of women who will be willing to look past things like facial ugliness, obesity, etc, and go out with you so they can show other women they're dating a tall guy, whereas the shorter you are the more unforgiving women will be about other flaws.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »

I think the taller you are, the more you can afford to be lacking in other physical aspects. I've known a few traditionally handsome short guys in my high school and college years who were mostly disregarded as serious boyfriend material because of their lack of height. I've also seen a bunch of aesthetically unfortunate men who never seemed to have a shortage of women willing to date them, and I can only assume it was because they were quite tall as their faces were very odd looking. 

Another example that seems to support this is that my mom is very outspoken and will often make remarks if she sees someone in the vicinity that has physical flaws. A number of times she has seen an attractive woman with a guy that has an ugly face, looks like a total geek, or is quite fat, and commented that she can't believe the woman is dating someone who looks like that. I noticed each time that the guy was always very tall.

Now a lot of these women would probably much rather date a guy of average height who is good looking than an ugly guy who is tall. But I do think that if you're tall, you can find a lot of women who will be willing to look past things like facial ugliness, obesity, etc, and go out with you so they can show other women they're dating a tall guy, whereas the shorter you are the more unforgiving women will be about other flaws.

exactly, most womens doesnt care to much in facial aesthetics or body shape if the guy is tall.  The opposite for short guys, they doesnt care if you have a handsome face or have a ripped body you are directly excluded if you lack of height.

endomorphisme

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »

Op, are you talking about this kind of man ?

The guy is 6'4", and the girl, i don't remember, probably 5'6"
He is not bad looking, but his face correspond to what you're describing.

I remember when i was in high school, in "terminal" which is the last year of high school in France, when students are 17-18 years old, there was this guy, who was 191-192 cm, he had a wierd face, but many girls, and not the least attractive, were  mad at him.

ps:the girl who runs the youtube channel is a certifed ATTENTION WHORE.

NewHeights

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 10:19:07 PM »

exactly, most womens doesnt care to much in facial aesthetics or body shape if the guy is tall.  The opposite for short guys, they doesnt care if you have a handsome face or have a ripped body you are directly excluded if you lack of height.

All due respect KirP1, I think that's height neurosis, not logic talking. Most girls would not overlook every 5 7" guy just because they are 5 7", and disregard every other physical feature.

Yes height it's important to women, but mostly in that the guy has to be taller than them, not that he has to be tall. There was a poll that stated 96% of women would not date a guy SHORTER than them. This means that even a guy who is 5 4" could date plenty of sub 5 4" women, who might like his hair, eyes, shoulders, personality, intellect...

KrP1

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 10:22:57 PM »

All due respect KirP1, I think that's height neurosis, not logic talking. Most girls would not overlook every 5 7" guy just because they are 5 7", and disregard every other physical feature.

Yes height it's important to women, but mostly in that the guy has to be taller than them, not that he has to be tall. There was a poll that stated 96% of women would not date a guy SHORTER than them. This means that even a guy who is 5 4" could date plenty of sub 5 4" women, who might like his hair, eyes, shoulders, personality, intellect...

5´7 is not so short, im talking about really short guys , like 5´5 and under.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 11:34:17 PM »

Here is something to consider:

Sperm  bank wont take any donations from a guy 5ft 9 or under . Think about it.

NewHeights

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 12:18:07 AM »

Makes perfect sense. Height is a quantifiable characteristic in a designer baby

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 01:32:56 AM »

I remember someone in my topic who said they would accept it (the sperm) in some places if you have great qualifications overall.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 02:47:33 AM »

There was a poll that stated 96% of women would not date a guy SHORTER than them. This means that even a guy who is 5 4" could date plenty of sub 5 4" women, who might like his hair, eyes, shoulders, personality, intellect...

actually that does not mean a 5"4 man can date plenty of women sub 5"4, it means that women taller will flat out refuse him. you have to take a separate poll which asks women questions to determine how many percentage of the population will date a man 1 inch taller than them, 2 inches taller than them, 3 inches taller than them and so on.

your assertion on the data is incorrect.

you will find that although not 96%, almost all women will refuse to date a man even if he is taller than them especially if he is barely taller than them. how man men have been called short even if they are taller than the girl. girls call any man shorter than the average for the population short. its because of the law of averages for perception and probability for what they have as options for dating.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 03:06:47 AM »

How is the guy in that video doofy? He's pretty good looking isn't he? But then again I don't know as I am not Caucasian.

In Singapore, I think girls will easily be able to accept guys from 170-175 which is our average (average height here is officially 172.4). If you translate the figures to America, it is 174 - 179 is acceptable as average height guys.

I think it might be a little harder work for guys who are 165-169. If we translate this to America, we add 4 cm as usual (cause average height is 4 cm taller), so 169 - 173 cm guys in America will find a harder time. In my opinion, in the range of 165-169 in Singapore, it is a difference. I mean 169 isn't that bad. 165 is like... really short.  In fact, 165 cm is pretty uncommon here. When I see a guy like that who meets me, I am like: "Wow he's so small like a kid!". And I feel kinda awkward with him. So that's how short 169 cm is, in AMERICA.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 03:08:01 AM »

this is absurd. any sources? the bank is in which country?

NewHeights

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 03:09:25 AM »

Op, are you talking about this kind of man ?

The guy is 6'4", and the girl, i don't remember, probably 5'6"
He is not bad looking, but his face correspond to what you're describing.

I remember when i was in high school, in "terminal" which is the last year of high school in France, when students are 17-18 years old, there was this guy, who was 191-192 cm, he had a wierd face, but many girls, and not the least attractive, were  mad at him.

ps:the girl who runs the youtube channel is a certifed ATTENTION WHORE.

The guy in that video is not a bad looking dude. I'm talking more a michael Phelps or Madison Bumgarner

ItsMyLife

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 03:18:01 AM »

Oh there's a guy in my university who looks average or perhaps below average but he is so popular with the girls. He's about 192 cm? (Which is very very rare in Singapore universities, probably 10 out of the few hundred students we have). So its about 196 cm in America.. So I guess, yeah 6'5 is pretty good... But then again, as I have said, a number of girls whom I asked (and guys) thought that 183 cm and above is too tall in Asia (ie. 187 cm in America and above is too tall).

I think.. realistically.. some girls prefer very tall guys, and this  is so common that he is  popular. Either that, or he has a really nice personality (he is a basketballer). So his nice personality makes up for his "too tall" height and the real reason why he knows so many girls is probably his nice personality and the fact that his height and athleticism makes him very comfortable in his own skin.

Now, an ordinary 6'5 guy will probably not stand out. He has to be about-average looking with a great personality to replicate the success of the guy I just talked about.

In my opinion, a 6'5 tall guy who is fat, is not gonna be popular.. He's too cave-man like.

All in all, I am not sure what to think. I mean, I surveyed girls and they feel (some of them) that 6 feet is the cut-off point. Whereas, other girls seem to have no cutoff point - taller is better. The first kind of girls are more common.

NewHeights

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 03:20:15 AM »

This is the doofy look I was describing (Michael Phelps and Madison Bumgarner)

NewHeights

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 03:23:07 AM »

Oh there's a guy in my university who looks average or perhaps below average but he is so popular with the girls. He's about 192 cm? (Which is very very rare in Singapore universities, probably 10 out of the few hundred students we have). So its about 196 cm in America.. So I guess, yeah 6'5 is pretty good... But then again, as I have said, a number of girls whom I asked (and guys) thought that 183 cm and above is too tall in Asia (ie. 187 cm in America and above is too tall).

I think.. realistically.. some girls prefer very tall guys, and this  is so common that he is  popular. Either that, or he has a really nice personality (he is a basketballer). So his nice personality makes up for his "too tall" height and the real reason why he knows so many girls is probably his nice personality and the fact that his height and athleticism makes him very comfortable in his own skin.

Now, an ordinary 6'5 guy will probably not stand out. He has to be about-average looking with a great personality to replicate the success of the guy I just talked about.

In my opinion, a 6'5 tall guy who is fat, is not gonna be popular.. He's too cave-man like.

All in all, I am not sure what to think. I mean, I surveyed girls and they feel (some of them) that 6 feet is the cut-off point. Whereas, other girls seem to have no cutoff point - taller is better. The first kind of girls are more common.

I think that most girls would not want a 6'5 guy, but because they are rare and stick out, the girls who are interested in those guys will be all over them. They don't have the largest dating pool, but have the most girls "after them" because of their rarity.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 03:30:15 AM »

I think that most girls would not want a 6'5 guy, but because they are rare and stick out, the girls who are interested in those guys will be all over them. They don't have the largest dating pool, but have the most girls "after them" because of their rarity.

I think I agree.

There will be like 10-20% of girls who like his rare height, and so he seems to be popular with quite a few girls (he is not popular with the whole school, just a handful of girls really like him).

The vast majority would think he is too tall. (unless he has countervailing points like good looks).

Which is why I chose 182 cm as my final height; this is tall in Singapore (which is equivalent to 186 cm in America). A wide number of girls will like your height - ie, that sense of security, and a small proportion will even love you so much as you are tall.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 03:30:56 AM »

This is the doofy look I was describing (Michael Phelps and Madison Bumgarner)

I totally understand. Which is why I said the dude in my university was pretty average looking, not too bad looking in fact.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 03:35:07 AM »

I mean. Since we have a choice of wht height to be (since we are lengthening), it will be best to choose a height that is going to have the highest chances of success and in my opinion, that is ~183 cm (In Asia), which corresponds to ~187 cm in America. Each cm of lengthening poses risks and becomes tougher and more painful with each cm. I think to gain any height above that cut-off point, is NOT worth it (risk-benefit analysis).

Moubgf

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 03:44:41 AM »

I mean. Since we have a choice of wht height to be (since we are lengthening), it will be best to choose a height that is going to have the highest chances of success and in my opinion, that is ~183 cm (In Asia), which corresponds to ~187 cm in America. Each cm of lengthening poses risks and becomes tougher and more painful with each cm. I think to gain any height above that cut-off point, is NOT worth it (risk-benefit analysis).

nopp 6'0 in america is more than enough :)

ItsMyLife

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 04:06:45 AM »

nopp 6'0 in america is more than enough :)
'

nope 186 cm at least which is 6'2 or 6'3 to feel tall in America. (Just as I expect to feel tall at 6' in Singapore)
6' is just above average, and many people in America should be six feet. (equivalent of 5'10 or 5'11 in Singapore which is pretty common here also)

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 05:06:41 AM »

'

nope 186 cm at least which is 6'2 or 6'3 to feel tall in America. (Just as I expect to feel tall at 6' in Singapore)
6' is just above average, and many people in America should be six feet. (equivalent of 5'10 or 5'11 in Singapore which is pretty common here also)

Almost half the Americans are six foot and above, short people are the ones who distort statistics and drag the numbers down specially if they did these statistics including Hispanics and such in the mix so I agree 6'3" should be the epitome.

Moubgf

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 05:07:06 AM »

'

Nopp 6'0 is enough to live life to its fullest :)

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 05:26:10 AM »

Almost half the Americans are six foot and above...

That's not even close to being true.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

ReadRothbard

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »

How is the guy in that video doofy? He's pretty good looking isn't he? But then again I don't know as I am not Caucasian.

In Singapore, I think girls will easily be able to accept guys from 170-175 which is our average (average height here is officially 172.4). If you translate the figures to America, it is 174 - 179 is acceptable as average height guys.

I think it might be a little harder work for guys who are 165-169. If we translate this to America, we add 4 cm as usual (cause average height is 4 cm taller), so 169 - 173 cm guys in America will find a harder time. In my opinion, in the range of 165-169 in Singapore, it is a difference. I mean 169 isn't that bad. 165 is like... really short.  In fact, 165 cm is pretty uncommon here. When I see a guy like that who meets me, I am like: "Wow he's so small like a kid!". And I feel kinda awkward with him. So that's how short 169 cm is, in AMERICA.

I'm actually 169 cm tall and have never been called short.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 08:53:10 AM »

I'm actually 169 cm tall and have never been called short.

Tom cruise has been called short and he is 171 cm? (but is he actually shorter? cause he sure doesn't look so).

I am just commenting based on addition of 4 cm due to the American height being 4 cm taller than the average singaporeans. I am sure there are limitations to this method.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 11:21:25 AM »

from newheights:

do you understand the definition to paradox.

from slimtim:
Nopp 6'0 is enough to live life to its fullest

while I don't agree with everything slimtim states. this is correct, 6 foot is more than enough to live happy, after 6"0 you do get gains but it is exponentially diminishing returns.

for the average of 5"9.5   the population will give both positive and negative discrimination and prejudice at equal distances from this average. because it is a symmetrical graph. therefore the values become 5"7 as the threshold for exponential additions of subsects of the population for greater levels of discrimination, and 6"0 become the value for exponential additions of subsecs of the population for greater levels of women not caring about the addition height and having a lesser preference for that additional height.

read rothbard is correct for 5"7. it is not short, it is in the category of girls thinking it would be nice if you were taller. you are on the borderline of the threshold. because you are on the borderline you can increase all your other desirable characteristics and still live a good life but you will although not short and in the category of it would be better if you were taller, you would still be dished out discrimination for not being tall enough.

5"7  -  5.9.5 (50th percentile) - 6"0 ................ the graph dictates 2.5 inches above and below are the threshold for a 50th percentile height of 5"9.5.

as for girls liking men who are 6"5, it is not close to 10-20%, but your argument in principle is correct. there will always be a subsect of the population who is attracted to anything. there is even a subsect of the population who are attracted to obese women. the reason for the overinflated value being 10-20% probably has psychological grounds based on your on preconception of importance for height. this is subjective profiling for your target population. 

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up