Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitbone Femur Lengthening in Istanbul - Dr. Muharrem Inan  (Read 123427 times)

jerry

Re: Fitbone Femur Lengthening in Istanbul - Dr. Muharrem Inan
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2014, 08:48:59 PM »

Hi there Chris,  here are my questions

- Do you agree that Internal LL have a relatively pain free experience compared to external LL?

-  Dr Salameh device, does it offer really good advantages in terms of less pain and trauma damage?

- My plan is 8cm on Tibias, which is over the 7.5cm rule that could permanently damage muscle...how true is that?

-  Will being in shape affect the recovery and pain?  Was your pre LL fitness level high?

Sorry for so many questions.  Thank you  if you can answer  :D

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »

Hi there Chris,  here are my questions

Hi there Jerry!
- Do you agree that Internal LL have a relatively pain free experience compared to external LL?

Absolutely. However, I haven't done external lengthening, therefore I wouldn't really be able to compare the two extensively. I am sure that there have been internal patients who went through a lot of pain at times, and some external LL patients who lengthened relatively easily. It's all up to the individual.

Ask your doctor about his opinion on painkillers, and ask what kinds of painkillers are administered.

-  Dr Salameh device, does it offer really good advantages in terms of less pain and trauma damage?

I had long conversations with Goodfootballer from the old forum. He went to Dr. Salameh and was very happy with the results. In fact, he even wished that he had lengthened more. He was able to walk, even do sports (pushups, pullups, etc.) while wearing the fixators. However, if I would lengthen my tibias, I would do LON/LATN as I think wearing external fixators in your legs like 8 months would suck. It would totally suck. I would do LON and be done with the fixators in 2-3 months. You'd be able to walk with the LON device as well.

- My plan is 8cm on Tibias, which is over the 7.5cm rule that could permanently damage muscle...how true is that?

I don't believe in the 7.5 cm rule. It was made up by the former old forum  Admin, a mentally sick bastard who did 6.5 cm in tibias and probably regretted not doing more, going around advising people not to pass 7.5 cm. My golden advice is - before you take the last step into LL, forget about what you read in the forums and discuss everything with your doctor. If your doctor tells you anything about not passing a certain limit, listen to him. It could even be less than 7.5 cm depending on your bone, age, and other factors. I will do 8 cm on my femurs and it will be great. Currently I'm a few days shy from reaching 2 cm, so a quarter of the journey is almost over. I'm definitely sure about 100% recovery.
-  Will being in shape affect the recovery and pain?  Was your pre LL fitness level high?

I was nowhere between my three-year-ago self. 3 years ago I was 68 kg, pre-surgery I was around 80 kg. My fitness level wasn't terrible, but it wasn't my best either. Unfortunately, my height at the time ( 165 cm, 5'5 ) made me lose all the motivation I had in the gym. I didn't believe in creating myself and sculpting my body anymore. I felt as if all the effort I'd put in would be worthless. It felt terrible.

Daily physical therapy (I do one hour PT daily with a personal coach) is absolutely necessary in my opinion if you want a solid recovery.

If you plan tibia lengthening, you can stretch your calves and achilles tendons on a regular basis for a better preparation.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:25:42 PM by ChrisIsaak »

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2014, 12:11:49 AM »

This video is to cheer you guys up

Starring...

Guy in blue shirt: LL patient who did PT
Guy in red shirt: LL patient who skipped PT

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »

As I hit the 2 cm mark today, I'm uploading a brief video I took during my physio session, showing my current level of flexibility.

jerry

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »

It looks very good! Congrats.  :)

BilateralDamage

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2014, 12:37:59 AM »

It's great to see how easy your lengthening is going.  Gives hope for us non-weightbearers. :)

How likely do you think it will be for me to work effectively while going through LL?  My job is online (thankfully) but I'm usually on calls with people.

Btw, thanks for the vids!

Smallguy

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2014, 01:52:01 AM »

I don't believe in the 7.5 cm rule. It was made up by the former old forum  Admin, a mentally sick bastard who did 6.5 cm in tibias and probably regretted not doing more, going around advising people not to pass 7.5 cm. My golden advice is - before you take the last step into LL, forget about what you read in the forums and discuss everything with your doctor. If your doctor tells you anything about not passing a certain limit, listen to him. It could even be less than 7.5 cm depending on your bone, age, and other factors. I will do 8 cm on my femurs and it will be great. Currently I'm a few days shy from reaching 2 cm, so a quarter of the journey is almost over. I'm definitely sure about 100% recovery.
I was nowhere between my three-year-ago self. 3 years ago I was 68 kg, pre-surgery I was around 80 kg. My fitness level wasn't terrible, but it wasn't my best either. Unfortunately, my height at the time ( 165 cm, 5'5 ) made me lose all the motivation I had in the gym. I didn't believe in creating myself and sculpting my body anymore. I felt as if all the effort I'd put in would be worthless. It felt terrible.

Great advice. Listen to your doctor (and yourself) instead of some average joe in the corner who failed as a LLer anyway.

I can feel the booming of a warrior when I read this diary. "Pain is the releasing of weakness from your body" and "this operation is a piece of cake." Good job on your first 2cm.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2014, 05:45:19 PM »

It looks very good! Congrats.  :)

Thanks, jerry! Cheers.

It's great to see how easy your lengthening is going.  Gives hope for us non-weightbearers. :)

How likely do you think it will be for me to work effectively while going through LL?  My job is online (thankfully) but I'm usually on calls with people.

Btw, thanks for the vids!

No problem, BD! My pleasure. Let me know if there's anything else LL-related you'd like to see a video of.

You can definitely work effectively during LL, but keep in mind that you'll feel tired a bit more than often.

Great advice. Listen to your doctor (and yourself) instead of some average joe in the corner who failed as a LLer anyway.

I can feel the booming of a warrior when I read this diary. "Pain is the releasing of weakness from your body" and "this operation is a piece of cake." Good job on your first 2cm.

I read your message around 5 AM and I can't tell you how happy it made me feel at a time I needed help. *BroHug* Yo it gets lonely here often. Drop messages on my diary whenever you feel like it, guys!

Cheers,
Chris

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »

UPDATE

Went to the doctor today, X-rays got taken (will post here tonight). Bone consolidation rate is very fast. Therefore we are speeding up the lengthening to 1,4 mm per day to avoid early consolidation. Will continue 1,4 mm/day for a week, then we'll check-up again. This is splendid news.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »

That's excellent.  I would be much more happy to hear that lengthening needs to be sped up due to superb growth rate versus having to hear that I'm risking non-union.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Smallguy

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:27 AM »

That's more good news than bad news in my opinion. The bad news is you have to hurry up or risk getting early consolidation. And have to rebreak your bone like I did. But I like the fact that the doctors there actually monitor you like that and could tell you how quickly your bone is consolidating. There was never that option in India. Maybe I will consider going to turkey later this year!

The good news is you get to lengthen more quickly per day. It will be painful but I think you can handle it. Also keep doing those bed exercises and stretching. I believe the hardest part of LL is the lengthening part. Once you get the lengthening done, the battle is almost over. Recovery is much more enjoyable and easier because it can be done at home.

Anyway, good-job bro. Hang in there!

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »

Today's hotel dinner: Seafood Risotto

Make sure to get a good amount of protein daily.

mediocre

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »

Looks like pharmaton, omega-3, and one other supplement you got down there if I'm not mistaken.
;)

Personally, pharmaton (probably because of its Ginseng) works wonders for me. When I'm on night shift, I have extra energy.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2014, 10:13:45 PM »

Looks like pharmaton, omega-3, and one other supplement you got down there if I'm not mistaken.
;)

Personally, pharmaton (probably because of its Ginseng) works wonders for me. When I'm on night shift, I have extra energy.

The other one is calcium & magnesium  ;)

I actually enjoy having low energy these days. Sleeping is a great way to pass the boring days. Lol..

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2014, 06:45:09 PM »

DAY 30 - WITHIN WEEK 5 (UPDATES)

- As I previously mentioned, I'm now staying at another hotel close to Taksim Square, the city center of Istanbul. After getting into an argument with the first hotel (which had the great advantage of being right next to the hospital, so Dr. Inan frequently visited me there in my room) regarding bringing in food, I found out that there's a general regulation in Turkey that prevents hotels from allowing visitors bringing in food. Now you can sneak it in, of course, and no one cares. But if you insisted to have a daily diet meal sent to you each morning and handed over to the person working at the lobby each morning, apparently it's stretching it a bit too far. Luckily, the second hotel I'm in right now has much better service - the way they treat people is very professional and kind. It earned some kind of an international hospitality award recently. Here are some photos from my "disabled room";

- I love the physiotherapist, but hate the physio sessions. We really started to stretch and push my hamstrings very far, and it hurts. I mean it HURTS. I'm still lengthening at 1,4 mm daily, and I can surely tell that it's a hell of a different than lengthening at 1 mm per day. My quadriceps feel stiffer,  yet the worst part of the lengthening so far is LOWER LEFT BACK PAIN. I'm writing this in capital letters to stop you from underestimating it. I can't sleep at night, so I sleep during changing hours within the day. I try watching a movie or reading but nothing takes my mind away from my back pain. Actually, I have a history of back pain, so it isn't anything new in my book - it's chronic, it comes and goes, only to visit again soon. You can take five different painkillers and five different sleeping pills, and it wouldn't be sufficient. The only thing that helps is Tramadol. Only Tramadol allows me to go to sleep eventually, I don't want to take a pill every night, but these days I really have to. My physio, a truly great guy, worked with Dr. Paley in Baltimore years ago, there he met Dr. Yasser from Egypt, and a lot of other doctors we discuss -and don't discuss- on these forums, so we talk about them a lot and it's a fun topic. I know a ton about other doctors' personal lives and characters now, for instance. But let's not get into tabloid and get back to the technical issues. Where was I - ah, yes, back pain. So my physio brought a small massage device (see photos above) that gives electric pulses to the local area it's placed on the body, and it makes the pain go away for a while.. and he left the device here, so I get to keep it. It certainly helps, but it doesn't provide a permanent relief. Therefore, tomorrow we'll try another technique: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_needling

- I'm approximately at 3 cm at the moment. Sometimes at night, when I'm unable to sleep, I do feel down. I'm not feeling depressed, that would be exaggerating - I'm okay. But I sometimes question why I did this to myself, and I hope it'll all be worth it in the end. I cannot tell at the moment, as I'm not standing up in a crowd, not yet. I'll have my answer when I go out for the first time with my old friends, when I go out at night, hopefully at 173 cm ( 5'8 ) I'll feel that all the time and pain was worth it. I respect every individual's personal decision and to each his own, but when I read about guys who are 175 cm ( 5'9) and above who want to do LL, I just can't believe it. I would never even consider doing this to myself at that (arguably, average in most of the world) height. Now I truly understand why some LL patients feel content with themselves when they've lengthened less than their goal, and call quits earlier than they planned. It's because we're not lengthening our bones for adding height solely as "a number", this is something that we do to "feel better about our body image". The amount required to "feel better" isn't always a minimum amount of centimeters or inches. It's the pain, the effort, all the labor you put in to doing this. You feel as if you've completed something you've always waited for, and that feeling of "leaving it behind", THAT is why people stop visiting forums after a while - they don't worry over it or think about it anymore.

- Which, in this case, another problem occurs. I'll be honest. The sector I want to work in is ALL about body image. So being tall -although an advantage- isn't sufficient by itself. I feel that being immobile for a long time (and being unable to follow my diet regimen due to hotel regulations) has made me gain weight. Frankly, this is making me very unhappy at the moment. I will lose it after LL, however, I don't enjoy losing precious time for correcting past mistakes. I did LL to feel happy when I look into the mirror.. And I don't like what I see at the moment. Consequently, the rather classical question enters the thought stream immediately - "Why on earth did I do this to myself?"

- Will be moving back home on Feb 23rd. Should be a nice change, I'll be able to diet and cut some fat again. Thank God I have the opportunity of avoiding to be in a single place for a very long time - which inevitably, leads to depression after passing a certain time threshold.

- My tibiae feel numb. Weird. I'm not even lengthening you, guys.. It's none of your business.. What's your problem? Lol.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2014, 07:51:40 PM »

Wow.  That bathroom looks like it doesn't smell of feces unless it's just been used.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2014, 03:35:42 AM »

Chris, your updates are hugely appreciated.  I think sometimes people read these threads and then just move on without responding, but I want you to know we're all watching your journey closely!  I'll keep you company any day :)

Anyways, stay strong and remember why you're doing this in the first place.  When you come out of this surgery strong and alive, just imagine how amazing your life is going to be compared to how it used to be.  It's like being a poor man and winning the lottery, the only difference is that you're never going to run out of this height you're gaining.  You might even go for a second LL if you love your results :)

Keep updating us, your updates are one of my favorite to read.  It's a little worrying to hear that your tibiae are numb though.  Have you asked your doctor yet?  I'd suggest posting in Franz' thread as well to see if he has any input.

Stay beastly!  ;D

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »

Thanks BD! Your support is hugely appreciated  :)

Sorry for the late reply, my sleeping schedule has been fked up recently. I try to sleep until 9 AM in the morning, then wake up around 2 PM, but it changes everyday. At most, I can sleep around 5 hours daily. It's probably the effect of medications.

My tibiae numbness is gone. I don't have the nerve pain anymore. It was most probably related to my femoral nerve adjusting to the fast lengthening. Yes, I am still lengthening at 1,5 mm daily. I'll see the doctor on Tuesday 25th. Maybe he'll tell me to slow down, maybe he won't. But I'm okay with going fast at the moment.

I should be around 5,3 cm according to my timetable.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2014, 05:26:30 PM »

How my legs look after 6 cm of lengthening. Can you notice the longer femurs compared to my tibiae? As you can see, the scars are minimal.

Blackhawk

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2014, 06:30:47 PM »

It isn't the best angle, but the proportions look good.

How much more do you plan to do?

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »

It isn't the best angle, but the proportions look good.

How much more do you plan to do?

2 more cm. I'll stop at 8 cm.

Disobedient

« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2014, 10:13:43 PM »

How my legs look after 6 cm of lengthening. Can you notice the longer femurs compared to my tibiae? As you can see, the scars are minimal.

The femur is always look longer even b4 LL, but what attract my full attention is the small scars that you have, I really envy you..   

mediocre

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2014, 11:08:19 AM »

Looks good. Natural.

Sweatpants

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »

So far. Looks good and natural  ;)

Smallguy

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2014, 09:18:27 PM »

Chris,

That's a wicked picture. Your scars are minimal and I like the fact that your doctor monitors your bone consolidation to adjust your rate of lengthening. You wouldn't get this from a doctor in India.

After you gain your 8cm, you will be taller than Usher 5'8 along with the most sought after man in the world.

Although you pay a premium price but you are also getting a premium service and no complication thus far... unlike Korea.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2014, 10:17:15 PM »

Usher is 5' 8"!?  Whaaaaat.

Maybe instead of LL we should invest in some vocal lessons...

mediocre

« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2014, 10:28:37 PM »

Bieber is 170cm (now at 20 years old). He's probably shorter here at his teens.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2014, 06:25:45 AM »

Thanks for commenting, friends  :)

@Disobedient

Yeah, I'm glad that the scars won't be a problem in the future. Guys probably care less about leg scars than women, nevertheless it still feels good to know that the traces of the surgery will be gone.

@Smallguy

I'll be at the same height with Usher, Mark Wahlberg, Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Ruffalo, about the same as Taylor Lautner. I think 5'8 (173) is a very good height. As long as you're taller than most women, you enter in a comfort zone. I was already taller than most women in Turkey, however, at 5'5 (165) and frequently compared myself with other guys. Now I'll be closer to the eye level, or at the same exact height as many other guys here. Height won't be an asset, but it also won't be a major disadvantage anymore, which is sufficient for my inner peace. Finally, I'll be comfortable wearing those flat shoes outside. I might consider a second (tibia) lengthening in a few years from now on, but I'm in no hurry.

Why not come here for a consultation? I could help you out.. Though Canada is very far away man..  :)  I read your library post. Interesting, do you still consider yourself short at 177 cm? It might be understandable for Canada. By the way, I'm still waiting for your diary update with excitement. Someone who rejected you before LL changed her mind? That could be a very interesting story to hear about!  ;)

Cheers all,
Chris

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2014, 06:46:12 AM »

I'm having great conversations with people working at the hotel, the room cleaning staff, others working at the lobby, kitchen, or at the administration, they're all great people. All have asked about my condition though. Many people assume I'm crippled from birth or something, I quickly inform them that I had a traffic accident. Then they ask how. I say "Motorbike.. It was a rainy day.." I realized the irony yesterday when I caught myself looking at Harley Davidson's 2014 models online. I picture myself riding one someday. I'll start collecting my earnings for purchasing one, but I'll get help from my cousin, he has two bikes and knows the market. Been listening to Hip Hop lately, good way to kill time - especially Lupe Fiasco, the guy is amazing.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »

Love this. Brings back so many memories. Music has been my #1 company during this journey.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up