Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitbone Femur Lengthening in Istanbul - Dr. Muharrem Inan  (Read 123322 times)

onedayillgrow

Re: Fitbone Femur Lengthening in Istanbul - Dr. Muharrem Inan
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:24 PM »

Hi just curious, why have some people reported losing their libido/sex drives?

My penis is my second favorite organ :p jk. No but seriously, i don't want to lose my sex drive, is it a psychological reason or does it have something to do with nerve endings and etc? Though i don't understand how they would affect the penis.. But still any informed replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »

Very nice bro  :D

Next time make someone else record the video. We can see you better that way.

Would you recommend your doctor over Guichet and the other doctors in US?
Is your decision in choosing Dr. Inan justified?

Thanks, bro!  :)

Sure, I'll pay attention to that. Someone else can record the video next time.

I chose Dr.Inan because I wanted to do LL with a good doctor and a good person. I had two very basic criteria. I wasn't entirely comfortable with everything I saw in the US although Dr.Paley was an excellent surgeon, and while Dr.Guichet was a great person, I didn't want to spend months and months doing physio preparing for the surgery as I deemed it very unnecessary. Dr.Guichet told me that the most I could lengthen at my femurs would be 3,5 cm's at my current condition, yet I did 6-7 cm's of lengthening, proving him wrong.

I particularly did LL here because I'm Turkish. My home is here, my family is here, most of my friends are here. You probably know that LL psychology is very important. I chose a setting which would stabilize my mental state. In other words, my reasons of doing LL here were very individual ones.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »

Congrats Chris, looking good!!!

Thanks, HT!

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »

Dude, this is an awesome post. Your story (here and on MTT) has been one of my favorites, and I see a lot of myself in you.

You and the rest of LL and old forum  will help me get through my LL when I do it (I'm currently on Dr. Rozbruch's waiting list, trying to get a date in May or June as opposed to waiting until almost August)!

I feel a lot more confident going in this time, and I'm not as scared of the pain, and my father is coming around. I want to get on with my life, but I need to do LL first. Then advancing my career and everything else will happen  :D

Congrats on a great recovery!

Thanks, YellowSpike!  :)   I wish you the best in your journey too - do update us please! I'll be in New York this summer, probably in July, maybe we can meet up!

Best,
Chris

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »

Hey man it would be awesome if you could get some official pricing (LON/LATN/Internal) for the different methods your doctor offers! Are there going to be package prices coming soon?

Hey buddy, just did.  :)

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »

Hi just curious, why have some people reported losing their libido/sex drives?

My penis is my second favorite organ :p jk. No but seriously, i don't want to lose my sex drive, is it a psychological reason or does it have something to do with nerve endings and etc? Though i don't understand how they would affect the penis.. But still any informed replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My libido hasn't gone anywhere  :D

HelloThere

« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:35 AM »

Hey Chris!

I was just wondering, did your hips get tighter as you neared the end of your lengthening? Lately I've been getting real sore in that area; I attributed it to the loss of supporting muscle that would normally cushion those bones, but it was just an assumption.

Can't wait to see you get back to 100% normal, you're making great progress on your healing! I'm going to be finishing in about 2 weeks and I want to thank you for being one of the journals that really inspired me to keep going!

ben one small then one

• Visitor
« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2014, 09:16:36 PM »

hey chris
good luck for your experience you must have lot of courage.I am a condidate of lengthening with dr MUHARREM my -3cm left femur

I can  ask you  if dr MUHARREM  uses an intremedullary saw to perform the osteotomy
and if Dr. speaks another language french
 thank you.

ChrisIsaak

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2014, 12:35:13 AM »

First gym video!  ;)

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x1x4bab_trim-shnasl_school

awesome video man!!! you are doing really good!)) Im glad for you
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

ShyShy

From ~168 to ~175,5
6 months post-surgery, sprint, jump and squat

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2014, 12:07:36 AM »

@Rgkey

Thanks brother!  :)

@ShyShy and Everyone

Anything specific you'd like me to make a video of? 540 roundhouse kicks, anyone? Or may I tempt you with a jumping corkscrew roundhouse kick and a video of me beating up five uber tall guys?

alps

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2014, 07:34:02 AM »

Or may I tempt you with a jumping corkscrew roundhouse kick and a video of me beating up five uber tall guys?
the latter please.... lol, kidding
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:40:34 AM by short_and_depressed »

abdull

• Visitor
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »

Hello ChrisIsaak, I have read most of the diary and it was a really good experience for you I guess. and I get a really good informations from you.  I saw your videos that's in the youtube and in the other website and I am fascinate about how your recovery going Mashallah, and I hope that you will get very well soon.

could please you do more videos and tell us what you can do and can't do now or you feel struggle not doing it. like if it is okay to go up all the stairs and come down without help I know there is a video but you seems not good as the last video. how many miles can you run or walk

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »

Second gym video! Shows my flexibility with the TRX elastic bands.
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x1y5sj5_trx_school

Thanks for the post, Abdull!
Since you requested, I'll post a video of me running down the stairs soon!

ShyShy

« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »

hehe, u're doing good  :)

Just curious, what's your current flexibility on SLR test and what was it right before the surgery? (mine was ~ 120° pre-op, ~60° at the end of LL, n now at 8 month post-op probably a bit over 90°)

A video of u running at your max speed (like on a treadmill, no matter if it's only 10 sec) would be great, but if u can make a video of u climbing a skycrapper in 2 mins like spiderman tha's good too  ;D

Also did u experience the loss of stamina? cuz personnally i did^^
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:18:13 PM by ShyShy »
From ~168 to ~175,5

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #202 on: June 04, 2014, 12:50:08 AM »

Hey Shyshy,

I'm not exactly sure about the degree/angle of my flexibility, but it's more than 90 degrees for sure. My physio has a clearer view about this. I'll ask him on Thursday. Sure, I'll try to make a running video. I don't think I experienced a loss of stamina  :)

ShyShy

« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:53 AM »

Hey Shyshy,

I'm not exactly sure about the degree/angle of my flexibility, but it's more than 90 degrees for sure. My physio has a clearer view about this. I'll ask him on Thursday. Sure, I'll try to make a running video. I don't think I experienced a loss of stamina  :)

GZ!!! Not even 6 months post-op and after 7cm, over 90° on SLR test is really impressive, u have very good flexibility on harmstrings. U can probably put your palms on floor, maybe even near your heels, would be cool if could show us

About the loss of stamina, that's also very good. I personally experienced it when i started squat at 6 months post-op, it was not only the loss of strength, it was also a huge lack of stamina. Also, did u start body-building of legs?
From ~168 to ~175,5

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »

Guys? There's something I'd like to share with you..

I'm sexy and I know it  8)

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2014, 05:49:54 AM »

GZ!!! Not even 6 months post-op and after 7cm, over 90° on SLR test is really impressive, u have very good flexibility on harmstrings. U can probably put your palms on floor, maybe even near your heels, would be cool if could show us

About the loss of stamina, that's also very good. I personally experienced it when i started squat at 6 months post-op, it was not only the loss of strength, it was also a huge lack of stamina. Also, did u start body-building of legs?

Nope. I wouldn't be able to put my palms on the floor, tbh, like I used to before surgery, without bending my legs. There's still time for that. Yeah, I did start bodybuilding on my legs, albeit slowly.

ShyShy

« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »

Nope. I wouldn't be able to put my palms on the floor, tbh, like I used to before surgery, without bending my legs. There's still time for that. Yeah, I did start bodybuilding on my legs, albeit slowly.

Anyway evrything comes back with time.
Also did u ask your physiotherapist about the SLR test ? cuz far over 90° after 7 cm and not even 6 months post-op is really really impressive.

About body-building on legs, i felt soreness on the upper part of quads but it has now disappeared. Do u feel the same?
I guess it's wiser to start with very low weight (even just bodyweight work out, HannibalForKing style  ;D) just to reactivate muscles.
From ~168 to ~175,5

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »

I'm thinking about a second LL surgery on my tibiae. I have a consultation with my doctor tomorrow (regular follow up, x-rays will be taken, nothing special). I'll tell him about it & I'm curious about the response I'll get. He'll probably think I'm mad, haha.

P.S: Is there any Spanish forum member? Jajajaja.. Sorry dude, I had to do this.

abdull

• Visitor
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2014, 10:02:52 PM »

wow another surgery.. are u looking for another 7 cm or less !? and do u think your hand will be short compare to your body!!

I'm considering doing the tibiae and the femur and i'm thinking to add 4.75 in each so it will be 9.5 in total, do u think it is worth it since i'm 165 cm and I will be at 174.5 if I go for it

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2014, 10:51:26 PM »

wow another surgery.. are u looking for another 7 cm or less !? and do u think your hand will be short compare to your body!!

I don't care about proportions at all.

I naturally had a long torso and very short legs, as well as a muscular upper body. My proportions could handle two lengthenings easily.

Realistically, I should aim for 5-6 cm, making me 177-178 cm. Due to my naturally stiff achilles tendons, tibiae LL would be extremely difficult in my case. My tendons are terrible, really terrible. As far as I could remember, I always had the ballerina foot problem.

180 cm is my dream height. I will aim for 8 cm.

In my case, even a gastrocnemius-soleus release and vigorous physiotherapy might not be sufficient.

But I'll try.

I'm considering doing the tibiae and the femur and i'm thinking to add 4.75 in each so it will be 9.5 in total, do u think it is worth it since i'm 165 cm and I will be at 174.5 if I go for it

It's a huge change. But don't add 4.75 to each man, that's funny. Go all the way you can up to the point your body lets you. Aim for 6-7 cm at least per segment. Maybe one LL will be sufficient for you.

Taller

« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2014, 01:21:36 AM »

My opinion is that, if you are going to stay in Turkey, 5'8 is a perfectly good height. If, however, you are going to be living in the United States, I believe that 5'8 is still pretty short for a younger man. I believe that, in the states, you stop being short at 5'10. At that height you start to look average to tall (depending on the height of the beholder), but no longer come off as short at all. If you have the means and time to become 177/178 while still looking natural, proportionally, I'd say to go for it! You only live once, and 5'10 is a spectacular height compared to 5'8!

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2014, 01:50:40 AM »

My opinion is that, if you are going to stay in Turkey, 5'8 is a perfectly good height. If, however, you are going to be living in the United States, I believe that 5'8 is still pretty short for a younger man. I believe that, in the states, you stop being short at 5'10. At that height you start to look average to tall (depending on the height of the beholder), but no longer come off as short at all. If you have the means and time to become 177/178 while still looking natural, proportionally, I'd say to go for it! You only live once, and 5'10 is a spectacular height compared to 5'8!

Actually most young male Turks are taller than 5'8 as well. The women are pretty short, I give you that; but one compares himself to other men. I'm in the acting business, height is crucial. I can't afford to lose a job because I'm a few inches off for a certain part. It's pretentious, but it's a rule of the industry, I didn't make the rules. I intend to go back to the United States one day for a masters degree. Might settle down there too. It's a beautiful country. At least people are decent there, they have principles.

An idiotic tabloid reporter here asked a famous actor "Do you have a height complex since you're short?" The guy is 173 cm, by the way. Not short by any means for Turkey. He replied "I'm average".

The taller the better. I'm not very into the numbers game. "Aiming" a certain amount of lengthening is limiting yourself. I'll go all the way I can as long as my body lets me.

Taller

« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2014, 02:23:38 AM »

The taller the better. I'm not very into the numbers game. "Aiming" a certain amount of lengthening is limiting yourself. I'll go all the way I can as long as my body lets me.

That's a great attitude to have. When you're less focused on numbers you can focus more on image, and run less chance of disappointment if you don't reach an arbitrary number. I'm reaching for a number (the height of my father) and I have realized that it is an unhealthy way to approach lengthening, so when I do end up lengthening, I may stop at just 5CM instead of the 7.5CM my superficial mind really wants me to get so that I can be the same height as my father.

Do you feel like a full recovery will be possible for you with your 8CM? If you're in acting, my guess would be to pay a lot of attention to your proportions, since that trade relies heavily on looks and attractiveness, which can be greatly undermined by odd proportions.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2014, 04:19:23 AM »

That's a great attitude to have. When you're less focused on numbers you can focus more on image, and run less chance of disappointment if you don't reach an arbitrary number. I'm reaching for a number (the height of my father) and I have realized that it is an unhealthy way to approach lengthening, so when I do end up lengthening, I may stop at just 5CM instead of the 7.5CM my superficial mind really wants me to get so that I can be the same height as my father.

With LL I became the same height as my father. It felt very weird at first, I used to "look up to him", haha. Now that I'm used to my new height, it feels as if we've always been the same naturally. Same thing goes for my friends. Our relative heights changed, and now I feel as if I never used to be way shorter than them.

I'm still the shortest guy in the acting workshop, which makes me wonder - life must've been absolute hell for me during the past few years. It's all behind me now.

Still being relatively short has no negative psychological effect on me. I can attest you, there's absolutely no height neurosis in my mind anymore.

But there's an awareness of an objective reality - I'm still relatively short.

And that's OKAY. It's fine. But I don't have to be.

Idiots think we're mad for doing this for cosmetic reasons. The surgery appears painful, so they think it's painful. They fear themselves out even before doing it. I eliminated the pain from the start because I was already swimming in it.

God, look at Youtube comments. "There's risk of becoming crippled!" Um, no sir. Your mind is crippled. MOST annoying people on planet earth - those who make themselves believe that something cannot be done, then try to make others believe that it can't be done. I'll have none of that attitude, thank you.

* This wasn't directed towards you buddy, I'm just ranting about how I've been feeling about people lately.

Do you feel like a full recovery will be possible for you with your 8CM? If you're in acting, my guess would be to pay a lot of attention to your proportions, since that trade relies heavily on looks and attractiveness, which can be greatly undermined by odd proportions.

I'm not fully recovered, but I feel fully recovered.
I feel like s**t when I'm squatting on the bosu with TRX bands but I've always felt like s**t doing that, even before the surgery  :D
I can run if I want to. I even took a few shots kicking a soccer ball a couple days ago.

If I do tibiae, my recovery will entirely depend on my achilles tendons. I can't tell for sure how they'll react to the lengthening.

Taller

« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2014, 04:42:40 AM »

Very good points and very valid and fun to read rant  ;D

Good luck in whichever route you choose to take in the future regarding LL. I think that the loss of height neurosis is the most important change that can happen to a person following LL and is what makes LL makes a physically successful LL a "true" or "whole" success. It's awesome to hear that you are so happy with the procedure. Now go kick some ass with your new confidence and nothing, not even height neurosis or youtube haters, standing in your way.

I'd also be very interested in hearing more about your guesthouse arrangement plans with Dr. Inan in the future, if they do continue to develop. I'll actually be in Istanbul, Turkey for a weekend soon, and, if my schedule permits, I may pay Dr. Inan and his clinic a visit. 

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2014, 05:27:54 AM »

Dialogue with the X-ray staff

- Ahh, nothing like getting my monthly radiation
+ Do you miss it so much?
- Yeah, sometimes I stick my leg in the microwave at home..
(Meanwhile thinking of Randy Marsh trying to get testicular cancer in South Park by putting his balls into the microwave)

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2014, 05:34:44 AM »

Very good points and very valid and fun to read rant  ;D

Good luck in whichever route you choose to take in the future regarding LL. I think that the loss of height neurosis is the most important change that can happen to a person following LL and is what makes LL makes a physically successful LL a "true" or "whole" success. It's awesome to hear that you are so happy with the procedure. Now go kick some ass with your new confidence and nothing, not even height neurosis or youtube haters, standing in your way.

Thanks, Tall! I hope the very same for you  :)
I'd also be very interested in hearing more about your guesthouse arrangement plans with Dr. Inan in the future, if they do continue to develop. I'll actually be in Istanbul, Turkey for a weekend soon, and, if my schedule permits, I may pay Dr. Inan and his clinic a visit.

I doubt we'll ever have a guesthouse, hehe.. I'll be moving out to my own apartment soon so any potential patient is welcome to stay with me (I might arrange something like a bed&breakfast and give rides to patients to and from the hospital), otherwise I can help arrange a stay in a hotel/apartment nearby.

Please do let me know when you arrive here, I'd be happy to meet you and I can even come to the consultation with you if you'd like to. Same for any potential patient - I can pick you up from the airport too  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up