Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "I notice a huge difference, wearing lifts." What does that mean exactly?  (Read 6497 times)

NewHeights

Hello All,

I have heard many members mention that they "notice a huge difference when wearing lifts." I interpreted this statement to mean in terms of how they are treated by others, but I think that was the wrong interpretation. I think it's more that they simply feel taller and more empowered.

For those who wear or have worn lifts, what do you mean by "I notice a huge difference wearing lifts"? Are people treating you differently, are you more successful on the dating scene, is a simply a confidence boost....?

I have never worn them, but I'm considering it as an experiment. That, or maybe elevator shoes. Both are the lazy/poor man's alternative to CLL IMO.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

ForcedPuberty

every individual is different, it depends where the discrimination comes from.

2 types. external discrimination from others, and internal discrimination from your own mind.

depends on which discrimination or how much of each you get.

you cant just be so black and white on this issue.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

GeTs

every individual is different, it depends where the discrimination comes from.

2 types. external discrimination from others, and internal discrimination from your own mind.

depends on which discrimination or how much of each you get.

you cant just be so black and white on this issue.
more like external discrimination and internal sense of perfectionism

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

I was able to focus on other things and take my mind off height during the day while wearing lifts. The only problem was the awful pain my ankles were in at the end of the day, so I stopped wearing them.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

GeTs

I was able to focus on other things and take my mind off height during the day while wearing lifts. The only problem was the awful pain my ankles were in at the end of the day, so I stopped wearing them.
and the feeling u're not that person and lying to yourself

ouroboros

like you said before, internal sense of perfectionism cannot be cured by lifts.  There is always the danger that you can get called out on your real height.  If I were to wear lifts, I don't think I would be as confident as if I had CLL done.  Might even back down of an opportunity to get intimate with a lady just because of embarrassment.  I think what we need are height increasing socks

Taller

Might even back down of an opportunity to get intimate with a lady just because of embarrassment.  I think what we need are height increasing socks

Why? Do you usually have sex with just your socks on?  ::)

ouroboros

Lol. No, but after a few times in bed she might begin to wonder why I keep going to sleep with my shoes on 

ItsMyLife

HI socks:https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=height+increasing+socks&biw=1188&bih=535&tbm=isch&imgil=9rrQUVjKubnGmM%253A%253BPIm2DMeRAS9NOM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fen.korea.com%25252Fblog%25252Fhandb%25252Fbeauty-fashion%25252F%25252525E2%2525252580%2525252598height-increasing-socks%25252525E2%2525252580%2525252599-are-no-1-product-sold-by-for-the-style%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=9rrQUVjKubnGmM%253A%252CPIm2DMeRAS9NOM%252C_&usg=__P9xU0kIF70fW2ifYubAEwi8F_ds%3D&ved=0CDIQyjc&ei=_nj1VPqsLZGXuAT344HYDg#imgdii=_

YellowSpike

This was sorta true for me...but damn, once those lifts came off at night (even totally alone), I felt AWFUL about my height and having to wear them. Lifts are addictive, and in a bad way. You wear them, and get this sense of instant gratification. But then you feel guilty, and try to quit wearing them, but then you feel ridiculously short without them. A horrible vicious cycle. And you're always at risk for going to a person's place and having them ask you to take your shoes off...then you're busted, big time. That never happened to me, but it was always a fear of mine.

Now at 5'8", I think maybe I'll occasionally indulge in a .5inch-1 inch max insole sometimes...but no more than that, and definitely no more elevator shoes. I actually feel almost "tall" when I wear my Nike Air Max shoes (they give I think close to 1.5 inches of height gain). Those make me over 5'9", and they're just normal sneakers with no lifts. I also have a few pairs of Aldo boots that give like 2 inches that I can also wear if I still want extra height from time to time.

My advice to anyone who is trying to get over height neurosis and possibly avoid doing LL...quit lifts cold turkey. NOW! I was able to after high school...but then fell off the cliff again few years ago after a bad breakup. Lifts will only perpetuate your height neurosis. Lifts were a big reason I did LL.

w1988

quit lifts cold turkey. NOW! I was able to after high school...but then fell off the cliff again few years ago after a bad breakup. Lifts will only perpetuate your height neurosis. Lifts were a big reason I did LL.

I can't imagine doing that,like go outside without lifts? That's crazy :D

All my shoes and slippers are all either custom or modified to permanently have lifts so I've made it a non-option. Actually it feels kind of weird walking without lifts because my feet have become so adjusted to it, even my pants almost don't right without lifts.

So it sounds like after CLL you still wear lifts but just not as high. Would you say you still have height neurosis or is it just barely there/almost gone? The availability of CLL adds to height neurosis, but the difference with you is that you've basically done all you can, and after all the time, effort and money I'm guessing a 2nd LL is out of the question.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

YellowSpike

I can't imagine doing that,like go outside without lifts? That's crazy :D

All my shoes and slippers are all either custom or modified to permanently have lifts so I've made it a non-option. Actually it feels kind of weird walking without lifts because my feet have become so adjusted to it, even my pants almost don't right without lifts.

So it sounds like after CLL you still wear lifts but just not as high. Would you say you still have height neurosis or is it just barely there/almost gone? The availability of CLL adds to height neurosis, but the difference with you is that you've basically done all you can, and after all the time, effort and money I'm guessing a 2nd LL is out of the question.

You hit it on the nose, my friend.

Well, I still haven't had much chance to really enjoy my new height yet, as I'm still on crutches. But when I walk down the street with my crutches, I do feel a lot closer to average, though still a bit short. But I already knew this before heading into LL that I wouldn't end up tall...just wanted to leave the "noticeably short" range. I will probably always have some degree of height neurosis, as I'm still somewhat short and I"m also a perfectionist. But I think, once I've recovered, I will think a LOT less about my height.

For me, a 2nd LL is out of the question. I'm not exactly young (I'm in my very early 30s), and while I actually could afford a second LL with a top doctor right now, I want to own property someday. Women care about height, yes, but it's the big picture. I'd rather be a 5'8" guy who has everything else going for him (career, property, fit body, etc.) than a 5'10" guy that can't pay rent lol. There's no way I'd do a second LL. I have many other goals I want to accomplish (career, get back in shape, start dating again, find a wife eventually, etc.).

Will I still indulge in lifts? Maybe from time to time, but no more than 1 inch. I'll probably now just wear shoes that have a bit of a heel as opposed to actually seeking out elevator shoes and/or putting in actual lifts in my shoes. I no longer feel like I NEED the lifts/elevator shoes. I had become addicted to them, and kinda knew it was only a matter of time before I had to do LL.

programdude

I loathed lifts during the brief time I wore them to sample my new height. The huge difference I noticed was how awkward, uncomfortable and overall unenjoyable they were lol. But as for the positive side yeah they actual height gained gives you an idea of your future perspective if you LL, and its empowering. Would never want to wear them every day unless in the form of conservative elevator shoes.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

w1988

Yellowspike you are still on crutches?

I'm actually confused about LL with Guichet. There is a youtube video of a guy walking around full weight bearing during lengthening with the G-nail. I'm thinking that from surgery to consolidation with G-Nail it's around 3 months for 7cm and then a further 2 months to get back to normal. Am I mistaken?
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

YellowSpike

Yellowspike you are still on crutches?

I'm actually confused about LL with Guichet. There is a youtube video of a guy walking around full weight bearing during lengthening with the G-nail. I'm thinking that from surgery to consolidation with G-Nail it's around 3 months for 7cm and then a further 2 months to get back to normal. Am I mistaken?

Yes, I know that video you're referring to. His name I think is "Chump" lol.

Well, with the Gnail, you're supposed to be able to weight bear soon after clicking, though walking takes a few weeks to actually look normal. I'm still waiting for feedback on my latest x-rays taken this past Saturday. Haven't done a single click since Saturday morning. I clicked to around 6.9cm+ give or take. I'm hoping I get the green light to start full weight bearing. I may be able to now, but I won't risk it until I get the ok from Dr. G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up