Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you come up with your username?  (Read 7304 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
How did you come up with your username?
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:13:34 PM »

Felt like making a relaxed non-LL related topic today.

Picked mine from an early 90s television show called Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, which was itself an adaptation of an earlier show in Japan called Denkou Choujin Gridman. Kilokahn is the name of the main villain, a rogue military artificial intelligence program that wants to take over the world by unleashing viruses into the world's computer equipment. He was voiced by Tim Curry in the US version of the show. Thought the username would be suitable for this site because the guy wearing the Kilokahn costume happened to be short, which can be seen in an episode where Kilokahn fights the hero one-on-one.

Here's a clip of his speaking parts in the first episode, because Tim Curry sounds cool enough as it is and he sounds even cooler when given a voice digitizer effect.

So how did you guys come up with your usernames?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: How did you come up with your username?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »

Nice thread idea.  Some usernames leave you scratching your head wondering what the person was thinking.

My idea came from the idiom "a tall drink of water" but I was quite the opposite.  Thus Short Drink Of Water was created for use on old forum .  After LL I decided to change it to Medium Drink Of Water since I was now of average, medium height.  If I ever have enough money I might get another 5cm on femurs to become 6 feet, in which case I'll finally become the Tall Drink Of Water I always wanted to be.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »

Mine's a play on the "collateral damage" expression.  I think everyone here suffers some sort of collateral damage from being short and wanting LL, so I guess that's my reasoning.  ;D

Sweden

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »

Easy!!   ;D
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »

I picked my old forum  username, "upinthesky", from a Joe Satriani composition.

I picked my LL Forum username while I was humming to Chris Isaak's Wicked Game.

Blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 11:12:31 PM »

I got my username from the 2013 Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks.

Claude

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 11:38:09 PM »

I got the name from my lack of creativity  :D

Taller

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 11:39:03 PM »

Nice thread idea.  Some usernames leave you scratching your head wondering what the person was thinking.

My idea came from the idiom "a tall drink of water" but I was quite the opposite.  Thus Short Drink Of Water was created for use on old forum .  After LL I decided to change it to Medium Drink Of Water since I was now of average, medium height.  If I ever have enough money I might get another 5cm on femurs to become 6 feet, in which case I'll finally become the Tall Drink Of Water I always wanted to be.

It's incredible how a mere two inches can take you from medium to tall. I may have been guilty of trying out some two inch lifts for a day, recently, and, while those two inches seem like nothing on the tape measure, they make a world of difference in height. Those two inches made me taller than what feels like hundreds of people who I'd otherwise look up to. It's amazing how generally similar the majority of people really are in height. When you gain just a few inches, it feels like you've passed half the world.

When I see 5'8 and 5'10 guys side by side from afar, the difference seems like little. But when adding two inches to your height, it feels amazing, and you realize how large a portion of the human population is  between 5'8 and 5'10, since you pass a lot more people in height than you expected to.

If only permanent height increase were as simple as slipping a pair of lifts into your shoes  :P.

Watson

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 01:08:44 AM »

Mine is actually my middle name. (Not at all an exciting story behind it).
Watson, miniture guy from UK.
Hoping to learn about LL in order to make a decision.

Only just reaching 4'11 at the moment.

hand_sanitizer

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 03:44:14 AM »

Well... Its the first item i saw when i first signed up

Disobedient

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 04:38:35 AM »

I think I have a very late rebellious period  ???  , that's why I picked that name

Arche

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 05:38:33 AM »

I took an Ancient Greek philosophy class on Aristotle, and in one of his shorter novels he wrote about origin (arche) and how everything must have a beginning and an end. Aristotle argued that the beginning and end of all things were connected and not independent of one another. For me, height has always been a part of one's origin. It's not something you could change, and to a certain extent it defines your roles in society, and especially in Greek society. I think LL defies this notion. We are completely going against our physical nature by artificially growing past what we were destined to be by birth. I remember a few years back when I found this site, I was astonished by the fact that people could do this so safely. 

Descartes also talked about origin and how the mind and body were separated. A lot of "modern" philosophy doesn't acknowledge the soul or that very dualism. I feel our minds have disdain for our bodies, and so now more than ever we have greater control over our bodies, with height being the ultimate "blessing" that we can change. What I have thought about recently, is that once enough people change their height, and once height can be artificially manufactured, people will perhaps become desensitized to height, and it will cease to be an advantage.

You guys should all read Ayn Rand's novel called Anthem. It's about groups of people living in a dystopia, who are all categorized by their physical traits and grouped together for purposes of simplicity. The main character, who is at fault for being noticeably taller than the rest of his "brothers," realizes that he has become so sick, that he has begun to pray for homogenization, which is the project he and his brothers have succumbed to. He eventually escapes, but the novel is about not feeling at fault for physical characteristics that you have no control over, yet oddly define you.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:50:21 AM by Arche »

Russianblues

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »

Russian blue is one of the breeds of cat I have back home.

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »

Same username from the old forum. It stands for something, but I shortened it to the acronym since I was paranoid about my identity, etc as I have used the same username for old forums.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 03:56:09 PM »

Researching about India I came upon a bull surfing contest which is way more fun and dangerous than than anything I've seen. LL is as such. No guts no glory.

Blackhawk

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »

Hey Bullsurfer,

I just watched a couple vids about bull surfing.  Great username!!

Doflamingo

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 12:11:07 AM »

Anime
Pages: [1]   Go Up