Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg lengthening at 5'2  (Read 4395 times)

Veryshortman

• Visitor
Leg lengthening at 5'2
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »

159cm
I'm at a really awkward height where I'm so short that even with the surgery I'll still only be 5'5. I can't imagine going through all that pain and spending all that money just to be 5'5.

I wouldn't get treated the slightest bit differently by women or guys. I want to be tall enough where I won't be defined solely as the short man.

In my eyes that limit is 5'7, 170cm
So I need at least 11cm. I know that will mean surgery on both upper and lower legs but that's twice the price, does anyone have any suggestions?
I would love some affordable options.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:43:42 PM by Veryshortman »

GrowTow

Re: Leg lengthening at 5'2
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 10:50:27 PM »

I'll be doing cross lengthening with Dr Sarin.

It's $47 500

I'm doing 13cm and then will be wearing 1 or 2 inch lifts so 15cm all together

15cm will make you almost 5'9 which is a good average height
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Veryshortman

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 02:06:00 AM »

I've looked into him before, so how does this work?
Will you stay in India till both legs are fully lengthened or return home and get the second operation after?

GrowTow

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 10:31:58 AM »

I've looked into him before, so how does this work?
Will you stay in India till both legs are fully lengthened or return home and get the second operation after?

I'll be staying there. It should take 9 months to do both with a 3 month gap between. 3 months lengthening > 3 month break > 3 months lengthening.

You can go home in your 3 month break and come back to do the rest.

But I will be spending 10-11 months there because I will spend the entire 9 months there and then I will stay 1-2 months extra to recover in the guesthouse. I'm just choosing to stay there and recover. Everyone else flies back home the day after they're finished.

Not sure what your schedule is but for me, i'm a student so the year will basically be a gap year for me, i'll go back home 5 inches taller ready to start my year of university.

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:25:11 AM »

I'll be staying there. It should take 9 months to do both with a 3 month gap between. 3 months lengthening > 3 month break > 3 months lengthening.

You can go home in your 3 month break and come back to do the rest.

But I will be spending 10-11 months there because I will spend the entire 9 months there and then I will stay 1-2 months extra to recover in the guesthouse. I'm just choosing to stay there and recover. Everyone else flies back home the day after they're finished.

Not sure what your schedule is but for me, i'm a student so the year will basically be a gap year for me, i'll go back home 5 inches taller ready to start my year of university.
Hi growtow
I think your plan looks reasonable and achievable.  However, I am a little concerned whether you can go back to school right after 1 yr.  Even with a single operation, it will be not easy.  Plus, many of class mates or friends will be able to find out you become taller.  How can you approach this circumstances? 
Wish you the best of luck in your journey for height!!

GrowTow

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 12:26:11 PM »

Hi growtow
I think your plan looks reasonable and achievable.  However, I am a little concerned whether you can go back to school right after 1 yr.  Even with a single operation, it will be not easy.  Plus, many of class mates or friends will be able to find out you become taller.  How can you approach this circumstances? 
Wish you the best of luck in your journey for height!!

I will be doing my surgery in June this year. I will spend 11 months in India which will include the 2 extra months for recovery. This will take me to May 2020. University year starts in late September/early October in the UK. Therefore, once I am back I will have another 5 whole months to recover. This will be a total of 7 months recovery before I go back to Uni.

Also, University is only 3 days a week in the UK. 2 hour lectures maximum so 6 hours a week. I don't stay at Uni, my family home is only 15 minutes away. Even if i'm not 100% able to walk after 7 months, i'll only need to be able to walk to class 3 times a week.

With people realizing my height, i'm a student, a lot of other students are having growth spurts. A close friend of mine is Chinese who went from 5'5 to 5'10 in the summer holidays (4 months). I will be away from my friends for a whole year and will be gaining 5 inches too so I don't think it will be any problem.

The only problem I will face is explaining why i'm taller yet my hands are still small etc..as we always fist bump or shake hands when we meet up. I already have smaller hands than everyone else but surprisingly no one has ever said anything about it other than my math teacher, weird. I have an excuse ready for that though. Luckily my shoe size is abnormally large so will be perfect for 5'11 height. The only things that will look out of place are hands (which some people will notice) and arms (which I don't see anyone noticing).

Ghostfish

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 12:22:17 AM »

I will be doing my surgery in June this year. I will spend 11 months in India which will include the 2 extra months for recovery. This will take me to May 2020. University year starts in late September/early October in the UK. Therefore, once I am back I will have another 5 whole months to recover. This will be a total of 7 months recovery before I go back to Uni.

Also, University is only 3 days a week in the UK. 2 hour lectures maximum so 6 hours a week. I don't stay at Uni, my family home is only 15 minutes away. Even if i'm not 100% able to walk after 7 months, i'll only need to be able to walk to class 3 times a week.

With people realizing my height, i'm a student, a lot of other students are having growth spurts. A close friend of mine is Chinese who went from 5'5 to 5'10 in the summer holidays (4 months). I will be away from my friends for a whole year and will be gaining 5 inches too so I don't think it will be any problem.

The only problem I will face is explaining why i'm taller yet my hands are still small etc..as we always fist bump or shake hands when we meet up. I already have smaller hands than everyone else but surprisingly no one has ever said anything about it other than my math teacher, weird. I have an excuse ready for that though. Luckily my shoe size is abnormally large so will be perfect for 5'11 height. The only things that will look out of place are hands (which some people will notice) and arms (which I don't see anyone noticing).
Hi growtow
Yeah, you think very thoughtfully.  That is good.  You are pretty much ready for this.  Don't worry about hands, arms, and feet.  They will look fine.  I have relatively small hands, feet, and short arms.  No one notices anything wrong.  It is actually only me who perceives my arms are short. :)

GrowTow

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 10:22:36 AM »

Hi growtow
Yeah, you think very thoughtfully.  That is good.  You are pretty much ready for this.  Don't worry about hands, arms, and feet.  They will look fine.  I have relatively small hands, feet, and short arms.  No one notices anything wrong.  It is actually only me who perceives my arms are short. :)

Glad you feel the same way. This website would lead everyone to believe that everyone you walk past is measuring your proportions and will call you out as if they know you've had surgery to increase your height. It's a sad obsession.

I know when I go back after surgery, not one single person would think i've had any sort of surgery. 99.99% of people don't even know about this procedure.

short

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »

Yes, that's why we should leave it at that. Don't tell other people outside the community about it.

zlRadamanthys

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 02:04:06 PM »

Cultivar, What´s the large of yours hands and foot?
Morning height: 170-171 cm
Night height: 169cm - 168cm
Inseam: 80 cm
Winspan: 178 cm
My objetive is: 6,5 or 7 cm

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 11:39:13 PM »

What's your race /ethnicity. If you're white, I can see that would be a problem and you'll probably need two surgeries. If you're Asian at 5ft 5 it's not too bad at all

amandasolomon

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 07:48:56 PM »

Hello! My name is Amanda and I am the marketing coordinator for an orthopedic surgeon named Dr. Mahboubian. The doctor performs the height lengthening procedure, so I wanted to give you more information after seeing your post!

The most up-to-date procedure uses an intramedullary rod and is called the STRYDE/ PRECICE technique. Most candidates are able to increase their height up to 8 cm (3.1 inches) with one lengthening procedure (usually femurs) without any issues. Additional lengthening of the tibias can be performed to increase height by an additional 6.5 cm (2.5 inches). Although age is always a consideration, the main concerns regarding candidacy is the health of your bones, meaning that you don't have bone disease or infections. It is not recommended to perform lengthening on the femurs and tibias simultaneously due to higher complication rates including fat embolism, joint contracture and nerve damage; however, a staged procedure of both can be performed with 3-4 weeks in between each procedure.

The first step in the process is to determine if the Height Lengthening procedure is right for you.  To do this you will need to set up a consultation so that you can be properly evaluated.  During the consultation, Dr. M. will examine you and take x-rays of your legs.  At that time you will be given all the necessary information including treatment options, recovery and costs.  The recovery time is 3-4 months before you can walk without any assistance and 6-8 months for competitive sports.

****NEW PRICES FOR 2019****
$750 consultation fee can be applied towards your surgery cost!
Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) -----------------$65,500.00
Bilateral tibia lengthening   (Precise nail) -----------------$75,000.00   
Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart-------$139,000.00
*Upgrade to the full weight bearing STRYDE nail for $5000 more

****NEW REFFERAL PROGRAM****
We now offer a referral program with $1000 credit to any services provided by Dr. Mahboubian, if your referral has their procedure performed with us!

The height lengthening procedure is considered cosmetic and may not be covered by your insurance. However, having insurance would be beneficial to cover the costs of physical therapy, medications and any additional problems/complications that may arise during your treatment.

Currently, financing is available for surgery through Care Credit, where the ability to finance the procedure is dependent upon your credit rating. Learn more about this during your consultation.

What is covered in the cost of surgery?

1. Hospital stay for up to 3 days.
2. All hospital charges relating to the operating room and recovery room.
3. Implant costs: Bilateral Precice lengthening rods.
4. Anesthesiologist fees.
5. Surgeon fees.
6. Surgery assistant fees.
7. Radiologist fees (includes their reading fee of all the x-rays).
8. All hospital diagnostic tests during the admission.
9. All x-rays: up to (90 days) 12 weeks (your insurance may cover past 90 days).
10. All office visits: up to (90 days) 12 weeks (your insurance may cover past 90 days).

What is not covered?

1. Medications and pharmaceuticals (e.g. pain medicine, anticoagulants, supplements e.g. calcium, bone health now, Vitamin D, anti-inflammatory medications, wheelchair, crutches. Insurance will cover).
2. Travel/Lodging accommodations. We will provide a list of recommended locations.
3. Food and other supplies during the stay in Los Angeles.
4. Home health aids (nurses, homemaker, etc.).

It is recommended but not mandatory that you remain in the United States for the entire lengthening process. If that is impossible, a minimum of 2-3 weeks are necessary to ensure all went well with the procedure and that the lengthening phase began well.

* Prices quoted above are subject to change and are only good for surgeries performed in 2019.

Please call 818.322.0126 to set up an appointment. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

The Height Lengthening Team.
Please visit our website for further information
http://heightlengthening.com

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »

just altering your height in and of itself will help you cope. 5'2 - 5'5 isn't the greatest transformation, but it's definitely a difference. you go from below women's height to average women's height. balance your height goals with serious consideration for your safety, proportions, function, and recovery. don't go down the same road as crazy 6.

Anonymousll90

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:01 PM »

just tell them oh i just stretch myself a little too far

Great321

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 06:07:29 PM »

just altering your height in and of itself will help you cope. 5'2 - 5'5 isn't the greatest transformation, but it's definitely a difference. you go from below women's height to average women's height. balance your height goals with serious consideration for your safety, proportions, function, and recovery. don't go down the same road as crazy 6.

Exactly.

Also one year might not be enough for two surgeries. I'm only doing one right now (TSF fully externals) and I'm stil not done. 8 months in.

Activatedx

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 10:54:12 PM »

159cm
I'm at a really awkward height where I'm so short that even with the surgery I'll still only be 5'5. I can't imagine going through all that pain and spending all that money just to be 5'5.

I wouldn't get treated the slightest bit differently by women or guys. I want to be tall enough where I won't be defined solely as the short man.

So I need at least 11cm. I know that will mean surgery on both upper and lower legs but that's twice the price, does anyone have any suggestions?

13-14cm is possibly but that is the max safe limit and varies per person and is very hard but doable. 150-200k In US with stryde, if you can’t afford that wait until giotikas has more diaries and if they’re good go with him he’s a third of that price. Only go with very experienced doctors

To be honest if I was you I would just do 5-6cm on tibia with TSF and wear shoe lifts to be 5’7

Kenda

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »

Hello! My name is Amanda and I am the marketing coordinator for an orthopedic surgeon named Dr. Mahboubian. The doctor performs the height lengthening procedure, so I wanted to give you more information after seeing your post!

The most up-to-date procedure uses an intramedullary rod and is called the STRYDE/ PRECICE technique. Most candidates are able to increase their height up to 8 cm (3.1 inches) with one lengthening procedure (usually femurs) without any issues. Additional lengthening of the tibias can be performed to increase height by an additional 6.5 cm (2.5 inches). Although age is always a consideration, the main concerns regarding candidacy is the health of your bones, meaning that you don't have bone disease or infections. It is not recommended to perform lengthening on the femurs and tibias simultaneously due to higher complication rates including fat embolism, joint contracture and nerve damage; however, a staged procedure of both can be performed with 3-4 weeks in between each procedure.

The first step in the process is to determine if the Height Lengthening procedure is right for you.  To do this you will need to set up a consultation so that you can be properly evaluated.  During the consultation, Dr. M. will examine you and take x-rays of your legs.  At that time you will be given all the necessary information including treatment options, recovery and costs.  The recovery time is 3-4 months before you can walk without any assistance and 6-8 months for competitive sports.

****NEW PRICES FOR 2019****
$750 consultation fee can be applied towards your surgery cost!
Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) -----------------$65,500.00
Bilateral tibia lengthening   (Precise nail) -----------------$75,000.00   
Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart-------$139,000.00
*Upgrade to the full weight bearing STRYDE nail for $5000 more

****NEW REFFERAL PROGRAM****
We now offer a referral program with $1000 credit to any services provided by Dr. Mahboubian, if your referral has their procedure performed with us!

The height lengthening procedure is considered cosmetic and may not be covered by your insurance. However, having insurance would be beneficial to cover the costs of physical therapy, medications and any additional problems/complications that may arise during your treatment.

Currently, financing is available for surgery through Care Credit, where the ability to finance the procedure is dependent upon your credit rating. Learn more about this during your consultation.

What is covered in the cost of surgery?

1. Hospital stay for up to 3 days.
2. All hospital charges relating to the operating room and recovery room.
3. Implant costs: Bilateral Precice lengthening rods.
4. Anesthesiologist fees.
5. Surgeon fees.
6. Surgery assistant fees.
7. Radiologist fees (includes their reading fee of all the x-rays).
8. All hospital diagnostic tests during the admission.
9. All x-rays: up to (90 days) 12 weeks (your insurance may cover past 90 days).
10. All office visits: up to (90 days) 12 weeks (your insurance may cover past 90 days).

What is not covered?

1. Medications and pharmaceuticals (e.g. pain medicine, anticoagulants, supplements e.g. calcium, bone health now, Vitamin D, anti-inflammatory medications, wheelchair, crutches. Insurance will cover).
2. Travel/Lodging accommodations. We will provide a list of recommended locations.
3. Food and other supplies during the stay in Los Angeles.
4. Home health aids (nurses, homemaker, etc.).

It is recommended but not mandatory that you remain in the United States for the entire lengthening process. If that is impossible, a minimum of 2-3 weeks are necessary to ensure all went well with the procedure and that the lengthening phase began well.

* Prices quoted above are subject to change and are only good for surgeries performed in 2019.

Please call 818.322.0126 to set up an appointment. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

The Height Lengthening Team.
Please visit our website for further information
http://heightlengthening.com

Hi, Amanda,
1) so the stryde for femurs surgery only is 75,000$
2) What about IT Band release?
3) Which ERC is used, is it the new stryde or you give me the old one?!
4) please if there is other hidden cost , clarify it.....like erc rent, extra PT
5) How many PT sessions and where?
6) how long should i stay in LA to complete lengthening under dr guidance? *i live overseas

Bigdawg

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 11:43:55 PM »

Reminds me of that 20/20 documentary about a 4'11 indian dude who became 5'2 he did external and was in a  load of pain but at the end he felt more confident which i found ridiculous. My honest opiniom is i wouldnt do it if I were you.

You are a short man and you need to accept that. People are cunts and will judge you no matter what just value your opinion more than their

sylar94

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2019, 12:15:44 AM »

159cm

i think you should go for 11 cm by doing both segments; it is feasible and the risks are not high if you go with a good doctor
i think going from your height to 170 cm will have a higher effect than going from 170 cm to 180 cm

tiggy

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 01:21:39 AM »

159cm

Hey man,

You have some good and some absolutely horrible advice on this thread. I was at almost your height. I started at 5'3 and I am currently aiming for 5'6. Like you I wished I could reach 5'7 because 5'6 seemed a little too short for me. I am half way through the lengthening process and I I can tell you that once you begin lengthening and grow taller, you will likely start feeling much more confident. My advice is to take it one day at a time. Start with one segment, see how you take the procedure. If all goes well, max out the nail and only then consider whether you want more and are willing to commit more money and time. If I safely reach 5'6, my plan is to wear lifts and be at or near 5'8. Who knows, perhaps in a year or so I may decide to do tibias, but right now I think the lifts will be sufficient. With lifts you would be standing at 5'7. In my opinion that is a respectable height where you aren't tall but aren't short either.

My last advice would be NOT to do 2 segments at the same time. The issue with doing this is that your body can only take so much stretching all at once. In the end you will likely end up with only slightly more height than you would've attained had you done only one segment, while spending double the cost. I recommend you take it one segment and one day at a time. Try not to overthink this because that only causes more stress. Hope this post helps you out at least somewhat. Good luck!

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »

I disagree with the advice about accepting your stature. I'm 5ft 5 or just over and although it's still relatively short,at my height I'm taller than nearly 60% of women. The jump from 5ft 2 to 5ft 5 would be a dramatic difference for you.

Just by simply being taller you'll feel far better about yourself. Besides,although your height is still below many here by a few inches,you still have the prospect of reaching 5ft 7. At this height you may still be considered short for a male(though it wouldn't be too noticeable ) but it's honestly where the social repercussions and discrimination cease.

For men that are noticeable below average in height it's incredibly difficult to simply live with it as we are reminded about it relentlessly, so therapy would have minimal effect on our mental state. So if you're height neurosis preoccupies your thoughts constantly ,then the surgery will be the most effective solution.

InFullStryde

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »

I went from 5'1.25" to 5'4.25"...with a pair of comfy sneakers that add a bit more height, I'm easily 5'6, pushing 5'7.  I take off my shoes at a pool etc, and no one notices or cares because my proportions do not change.  I'm slim and trim with good muscle tone.  The whole height problem/situation is resolved. 3 inches is dramatic.  At 5'5" you will absolutely love the difference.  The surgery has made all the difference in the world for me. I say go for it.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Ghostfish

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2019, 12:51:41 AM »

I went from 5'1.25" to 5'4.25"...with a pair of comfy sneakers that add a bit more height, I'm easily 5'6, pushing 5'7.  I take off my shoes at a pool etc, and no one notices or cares because my proportions do not change.  I'm slim and trim with good muscle tone.  The whole height problem/situation is resolved. 3 inches is dramatic.  At 5'5" you will absolutely love the difference.  The surgery has made all the difference in the world for me. I say go for it.
Yes! I absolutely agree with you and am very happy for you.  Yes, 3 inches is a huge difference regardless of the initial height!

Kenda

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2019, 10:07:00 AM »

i cant still imagine the difference of 3 inches, because havent experienced it, but after you've done stryde femurs, dont know your diary details tho....do you feel you have the will & power to do Tibias or one surgery in tiring enough?

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2019, 08:06:06 PM »

Yep ... 3 inches will... be amazing... on top of the World  :D

InFullStryde

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »

i cant still imagine the difference of 3 inches, because havent experienced it, but after you've done stryde femurs, dont know your diary details tho....do you feel you have the will & power to do Tibias or one surgery in tiring enough?

I feel strongly at this point that I am done with CLL.   The one surgery made enough of a difference for me.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2019, 08:22:06 PM »

I feel strongly at this point that I am done with CLL.   The one surgery made enough of a difference for me.

But are you emotionally and mentally happy with your new hight? Meaning you definitely ruled out any future LL surgery?

Kenda

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2019, 06:52:43 PM »

Really??
I mean i think that depends on first of all, the country you live in.
2) your goals in life
3) the type of ppl ur around
tbh i am a girl and i know if even i reach 160 cm or sth, its ok, but still considered short.
Idk but i talked to certain ppl who did it, and they make u feel like its nothing, so if you want another 6cm or 5cm after stryde would you go with full external?
Because really honestly from whatve seen height is a big issue in this world, u get treated 100% different with a 13 cm height difference its like you are someone else. :P  :(

Activatedx

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 07:09:25 PM »

Really??
2) your goals in life
tbh i am a girl and i know if even i reach 160 cm or sth, its ok, but still considered short.
Idk but i talked to certain ppl who did it, and they make u feel like its nothing, so if you want another 6cm or 5cm after stryde would you go with full external?
Because really honestly from whatve seen height is a big issue in this world, u get treated 100% different with a 13 cm height difference its like you are someone else. :P  :(

160cm is not short for a girl that’s average in majority of places

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2019, 03:32:16 AM »

Really??
2) your goals in life

160 cm is great for a girl. Thats my wifes height and to be honest i love her that way. Do what makes you feel better not what other people think.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Kenda

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 09:31:10 AM »

160 cm is great for a girl. Thats my wifes height and to be honest i love her that way. Do what makes you feel better not what other people think.

Thank youu, hopefully i reach that!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up