Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: DoingItForMe's Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 242410 times)

DoingItForMe

Re: DoingItForMe's Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr. Paley
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2016, 02:21:04 AM »

I just worried about you DoingItForMe. I didn't mean to annoy you. Btw I wish you fast recovery. Please keep us posted like before. I myself follow your diary every day.
I appreciate it, man. I'm not annoyed. I'm just stating what I learned after researching what you wrote. I wouldn't have researched on it if you didnt scare me like that. And I wouldn't have read up on ProgramDude's diary as well. After reading his diary, I was a lot more relieved to know that it's possible to bounce back from this state. I'm a bit glad that I decided to walk without crutches before Paley gave me the okay. He still hasn't given me the OK yet, which means that I would have not walked for a whole month if I followed that. That extra month of less walking would have made my legs even weaker and slower to recover. And if what they say is true, one whole month of not walking would take me four more months to recover.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

LLSomeDay

• Visitor
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »

Your Welcome
Okay, Thanks for answering  :) , Take care buddy.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »

Flexibility update: I'm able to touch the ground now with my knuckles and legs straight. Prior to surgery, I was able to touch the ground with my wrists with legs straight. This means that if you subtract the 3" height gain, I am back to my pre-surgery flexibility when it comes to bending down and touching my toes.

Things I still can't do: Crouching. Squatting. Walking down stairs without holding onto a railing. Walking up stairs by alternating my legs without feeling tightness in my muscles. Walking without looking like a penguin. Walking more than two blocks (5 minutes) without getting tired. Spreading my two legs apart more then 60 degrees. This is probably my worst flexibility. The tendons in my inner thighs are very very hard to stretch. Prior to surgery, I was able to spread them more than 130 degrees apart. If I bend my knees, I can spread them 90 degrees apart. But straight out, only 60 degrees. This hinders my athletic ability the most besides the stamina. I assume that I can regain my stamina, but this flexibility seems like it's lost forever.
Link to my experience

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2016, 12:29:35 AM »

Good recovery so far.
I don't understand why people still go for 8 cm after reading all these posts in the forums.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2016, 05:35:15 AM »

Good recovery so far.
I don't understand why people still go for 8 cm after reading all these posts in the forums.
Not many people who did 8 cm return to tell us how it went long term. I came here to rectify that.

I looked at my X-rays today. Looks like my bone is consolidated on three sides on both legs. However, oddly, there's rarely and bone growth on the left side of my left leg and on the right side of my right leg. There's plenty on the other three sides, though. Very odd. My bone is forming a U shape around the rod. Hopefully it will wrap around fully eventually. But it's been 6.5 months post op, with no signs of vertical growth on those two sides. It's as though the bone just stopped growing there. I guess my only hope is for the bone to grow horizontally and wrap around.
Link to my experience

Deads

« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2016, 07:41:03 AM »

Not many people who did 8 cm return to tell us how it went long term. I came here to rectify that.

I looked at my X-rays today. Looks like my bone is consolidated on three sides on both legs. However, oddly, there's rarely and bone growth on the left side of my left leg and on the right side of my right leg. There's plenty on the other three sides, though. Very odd. My bone is forming a U shape around the rod. Hopefully it will wrap around fully eventually. But it's been 6.5 months post op, with no signs of vertical growth on those two sides. It's as though the bone just stopped growing there. I guess my only hope is for the bone to grow horizontally and wrap around.

I say you've endured enough. Just get the Zometa already. Hopefully you'll be able to live your life normally again.

egmedo2101

• Visitor
« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »

hi
may I ask you about the knew range of motion?
are you able to go over than 90 ° ?
I have done my operation at October 1st 2015 and just finished lengthening of 8 cm in my femur using precise nail but can't  go over 90° .. seems like I stuck there ... I never have any pre op surgery.
thank you in advance

DoingItForMe

« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2016, 12:14:30 AM »

I say you've endured enough. Just get the Zometa already. Hopefully you'll be able to live your life normally again.
My main issue isn't really with bone growth as I can walk without crutches - though I haven't heard back from Paley yet regarding that. My main issue right now is muscle weakness and tight tendons and the resulting pain from those two issues. My muscle weakness is getting better now, though. I appear to be able to walk longer and longer without getting tired. Not sure if the tight tendons will ever get fixed.

hi
may I ask you about the knew range of motion?
are you able to go over than 90 ° ?
I have done my operation at October 1st 2015 and just finished lengthening of 8 cm in my femur using precise nail but can't  go over 90° .. seems like I stuck there ... I never have any pre op surgery.
thank you in advance
Do you mean bending your knees? If so, yes, I can touch my thighs with my feet now, so it's around 170 degrees bend. You just have to keep stretching everyday.
Link to my experience

egmedo2101

• Visitor
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2016, 11:10:30 AM »

yes I mean knee ... you make me scare I guess that I am very behind
is 3 month post op and 10 days post stop lengthening is too much for only 90°  for range of motion for knee

DoingItForMe

« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2016, 09:21:59 PM »

I was given the OK from Paley to go full weightbearing. So to recap, I've been given the okay to go fully weightbearing after six and a half months post-op. But in reality, I've been able to go full weight bearing since five and a half months post-op. That's pretty much close to what I've been expecting, and I'm pretty pleased with the consolidation so far. Pain has still been annoying me everyday. There are days when I think I should stop walking so much to let the pain subside. But if I stop exercising, I'm afraid of having muscle weakness again. So I'm trying to balance out between pain and exercise.

yes I mean knee ... you make me scare I guess that I am very behind
is 3 month post op and 10 days post stop lengthening is too much for only 90°  for range of motion for knee
Don't be scared. At 3-month post-op and after 8 cm, I was close to 90 degrees only. It was more like 100 degrees, though. But each week, I gained about 10 degrees. And in 2 months after I stopped lengthening (or 5 month post-op), I finally was able to touch my thighs with my knees. The trick to stretching is to do it in a warm heated pool. The heat loosens your muscles up a bit. You can stretch easier when it's warm. If you don't have access to a warm pool, then buy a heating pad from your local supermarket/pharmacy. Also, every now and then, I lie on my bed, lift up both my legs and let me feet dangle. The weight of the feet help me stretch. The knee bend is actually one of the easiest flexibility for me to get back.
Link to my experience

DoingItForMe

« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2016, 05:26:43 AM »

I'm able to walk up and down stairs with alternating legs and without holding onto any railing now. It does appear that my strength is returning. What helped the most is that I returned to doing 1-2 hour exercises daily in a heated pool. This reduced a lot of the soreness/pain I had while exercising by walking. I recommend using a heated pool for anyone lengthening AND consolidating. I'm feeling less pain now that my strength is returning. This is the first time I had a reduction in pain in a while, so I'm back to being optimistic again.
Link to my experience

chineseguy

« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2016, 01:15:25 PM »

may i ask if how long is you arms from left to right?       

can he do upper and lower leg in a year?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2016, 01:47:10 AM »

About 170 cm wingspan. He can probably do it, but it really depends on how well your body can take it
Link to my experience

Peaceout

« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »

I'm able to walk up and down stairs with alternating legs and without holding onto any railing now. It does appear that my strength is returning. What helped the most is that I returned to doing 1-2 hour exercises daily in a heated pool. This reduced a lot of the soreness/pain I had while exercising by walking. I recommend using a heated pool for anyone lengthening AND consolidating. I'm feeling less pain now that my strength is returning. This is the first time I had a reduction in pain in a while, so I'm back to being optimistic again.
great! :)

Alu

« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »

Hey mate, I have a question for you that's been on my mind frequently for the past couple of days.

How drastic is 8 CM in terms of height increase and length for legs?

If you can try to answer it without noting the difference in your past height and current height. I know that seems odd, and maybe hard considering that answering that way is probably the more clear and distinct manner; but I'm sort of just wondering how that amount of gain feels like.

Cheers.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2016, 10:44:24 PM »

Hey mate, I have a question for you that's been on my mind frequently for the past couple of days.

How drastic is 8 CM in terms of height increase and length for legs?

If you can try to answer it without noting the difference in your past height and current height. I know that seems odd, and maybe hard considering that answering that way is probably the more clear and distinct manner; but I'm sort of just wondering how that amount of gain feels like.

Cheers.
Try walking around on your tippy toes everywhere. That's about 8 cm.
Link to my experience

Deads

« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2016, 01:50:49 AM »

Try walking around on your tippy toes everywhere. That's about 8 cm.

Tippy toes is 9cm for me.. It's a good way to get an idea

alps

« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2016, 04:38:47 AM »

tippy toes = ballet tippy toes or a more comfortable tippy toe? I guess it also matters how long your foot as :P

Deads

« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2016, 06:44:59 AM »

tippy toes = ballet tippy toes or a more comfortable tippy toe? I guess it also matters how long your foot as :P

Normal tippy toes... Depends on your foot size. I'm a size 9 I think.

Iamready

« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2016, 05:30:02 PM »

size 9 womens.

Deads

« Reply #268 on: January 30, 2016, 10:40:35 PM »

Just measure your height on your tippy toes and you'll know the approx height difference.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #269 on: January 30, 2016, 10:44:10 PM »

or stand on a book. I stood on a book that is 5-6cm today to see the difference. It was immense. I was amazed by how much the world changes at 5cm. This would also explain why on the old forum alot of people said that they lost their neurosis once they hit the 5cm mark
I learned some stuff during this time

texasbruce

« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2016, 12:42:44 AM »

Don't worry buddy u got a long way to go. Give it 2 years after surgery, and you should go back to running state.

blahblah

« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2016, 01:23:36 AM »

I am 178cm at my lowest and when I stand on my tippy toes I can tell a difference, but sometime I think is it really that much of a difference to be worth all the time and money, is it even going to make a difference in how people see you?!?! 

TIBIKE200

« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2016, 01:25:05 AM »

I am 178cm at my lowest and when I stand on my tippy toes I can tell a difference, but sometime I think is it really that much of a difference to be worth all the time and money, is it even going to make a difference in how people see you?!?!

Where you from that you consider to do this at 5'10? Because if you are not from a country with 180+ average I dont see any reason to do this

blahblah

« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2016, 01:30:37 AM »

I am from the US

TIBIKE200

« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2016, 01:32:04 AM »

I am from the US

So in my humble opinion you shouldnt do this. Your height is perfectly fine. you are a little more than average in the US. Hit the gym (if you aren't doing it already) and you will build confidence.

blahblah

« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2016, 01:36:05 AM »

Yea, I have to agree with you. BUTTTTTTT I have this little voice in my head saying it is not good enough because it is not the ultimate desired height and maybe cause all my cousins and brothers are all over 6'......... or it maybe I might just be a f*cking narcissit :(

TIBIKE200

« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2016, 01:42:38 AM »

Yea, I have to agree with you. BUTTTTTTT I have this little voice in my head saying it is not good enough because it is not the ultimate desired height and maybe cause all my cousins and brothers are all over 6'......... or it maybe I might just be a f*cking narcissit :(

Some people have the "desired" height but they lack the facial aesthetics or the charisma or the talent or who knows what. No body is perfect. I will tell you this (if it helps in any way and btw if you want to talk in PM we can). I am the shortest of my siblings (I have 3 half brothers). I am 5'7 and all of them are 5'9 or maybe even 5'10. They are 19 years old. Till this day they never even kissed a girl (And their height is considered tall in Israel) while I had my fair share of the opposite sex. I almost finished med school (finish in July this year) and have a wonderful social life (they suck in school and almost have no friends). Height DOES MATTER but it not the ONLY THING that matters. You are made of alot of traits and your height is one of them. And in your case its not even a setback.. Your height is more than fine believe me. Build a good looking body and work on your confidence and you will open up doors that not even 5 inches will be able to open for you

blahblah

« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2016, 01:46:12 AM »

Thank TIBIKE200..... this is good advice..... the main thing I dislike about myself is my height... I hate it and think about it all the time.

Deads

« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2016, 04:34:33 AM »

or stand on a book. I stood on a book that is 5-6cm today to see the difference. It was immense. I was amazed by how much the world changes at 5cm. This would also explain why on the old forum alot of people said that they lost their neurosis once they hit the 5cm mark

I stood on a 5cm book... Didn't make much of a difference in my eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Up