Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: DoingItForMe's Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 242491 times)

YellowSpike

Re: DoingItForMe's Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr. Paley
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2016, 07:12:16 PM »

That's the timeframe I had in mind, so it is possible.

Not sure I care to measure myself that accurately, hate to find out I am shorter than I thought...lol.

Would be cool to meet a self-made millionaire. Maybe you could hook me up with your wife's hot friends 8)

Yeah I'm planning on late 2017 or early/mid 2018. Want to get some more bonuses under my belt and plan for the worst (although I might be able to get short-term disability at my job) case scenario of losing this job.

CCMidwest

« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »

Would be cool to meet a self-made millionaire. Maybe you could hook me up with your wife's hot friends 8)

Yeah I'm planning on late 2017 or early/mid 2018. Want to get some more bonuses under my belt and plan for the worst (although I might be able to get short-term disability at my job) case scenario of losing this job.

Only one of my wife's friends is hot, and I call dibs on her.

Wait, what?  ;)
5'7.5

YellowSpike

« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2016, 08:21:47 PM »

Wait, what?  ;)

lol that's totally something I would say. I stay stupid sh*t and then follow it up with "wait, what?" all the time. lol

YellowSpike

« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:13 PM »

(inb4 let's let DoingItForHim have his diary back)  ;D

DoingItForMe

« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2016, 03:44:45 AM »

You know, DIFM...I quit the forum and decided against LL partly because of your diary and recommendation against it. You seem intelligent and level headed, so I value your opinion. Trying my best to put this height nonsense behind me and just live my life...

Then curiosity got the best of me and I lurked the forum to see if iamready had an update. He did, and I hope he heals ok, but I ended up reading your update too...

I'm glad you are doing better, but now you say LL is an '8' on the "worth it?" scale?!?! (money is no problem for me)

That's pretty darn high.

But you also say that you would of been happy at 5'8, which I assume means if you were 5'8 to begin with, you would not of done this? (hard to know that for sure, I know)

I am 5'7.5...just 1/2 inch under the height where your neurosis was gone. (I put a 1/2 lift in my shoes to get to 5'9 with a 1" heel)

Man, I'm so confused. Half the time my rational mind is like, "5'7.5 is fine, never had any trouble...you are 5'9 in your boots" and then the irrational mind is like, "YOU COULD BE 5'9 OR MORE!!!!!"

Wouldn't be my first cosmetic surgery either. (not that the others are remotely comparable to LL)

I could be a 5'9, decently attractive, muscular, and very outgoing millionaire. Tempting AF!

Or is it all just a dream?

Man, why ya gotta change your recommendation? lol
Haha, my bad. I forgot to mention that an 8 is a failing grade for an Asian-American. Joking aside, I'd say it's an 8 for someone who's around 5'5" with more money than he knows what to do with. I say this because, if you suffer from height neurosis, there really isn't much of a cure quite like actually getting LL. I'm 100% sure that I'm cured of it, because I don't want more height anymore after what I went through. I don't recommend it for you. I was in your position midway through my lengthening. I'd have been okay to stop there and get my life back to normal. You say that you can wear tall footwear and get away with it? Then why not just do that? If I could just wear shoes and get to 5'10", I wouldn't have done this surgery. I say this because this is exactly what I'm doing. I'm putting in 1" lifts, which is barely noticeable, but it gets me to 5'10" and I'm happy. I have the option to do tibias to make that permanent, and I'm not even considering doing it. It's just not worth it around this height. I don't feel short anymore. I may look short compared to 6' tall guys. But I don't FEEL short. I could care less if some bimbo girl only dates 6' tall guys or if people still think I'm short. I don't care. I just don't feel short anymore, and that trumps everything. Even at 5'8", I didn't feel short anymore. You're not that far from that. All I could say is that, don't be that millionaire who feels poor because he's poorer than a billionaire. In the same way, don't feel short just because taller people exist. Ignore all that jazz and really think about what I'm saying. If I can feel not short at 5'8", then so can you. Just have to reframe your mindset to not feeling short and ignore the rest of the noise.

Right now I'm working on cutting all the fat that I've accumulated from being bedridden for months. I think by having a slimmer figure, I'll look even more proportionately taller. I don't know what your body shape is like, but that might be something to consider as well instead of doing this surgery. It's way way healthier, too, to not doing this surgery and instead work on getting that waist line smaller.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

chineseguy

« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2016, 07:42:30 AM »

DIFM, thank you for answering

do you mean you are an asian blood?

do you recommend this it to someone who is 167 cm like me?

CCMidwest

« Reply #409 on: April 23, 2016, 12:52:12 PM »

Haha, my bad. I forgot to mention that an 8 is a failing grade for an Asian-American. Joking aside, I'd say it's an 8 for someone who's around 5'5" with more money than he knows what to do with. I say this because, if you suffer from height neurosis, there really isn't much of a cure quite like actually getting LL. I'm 100% sure that I'm cured of it, because I don't want more height anymore after what I went through. I don't recommend it for you. I was in your position midway through my lengthening. I'd have been okay to stop there and get my life back to normal. You say that you can wear tall footwear and get away with it? Then why not just do that? If I could just wear shoes and get to 5'10", I wouldn't have done this surgery. I say this because this is exactly what I'm doing. I'm putting in 1" lifts, which is barely noticeable, but it gets me to 5'10" and I'm happy. I have the option to do tibias to make that permanent, and I'm not even considering doing it. It's just not worth it around this height. I don't feel short anymore. I may look short compared to 6' tall guys. But I don't FEEL short. I could care less if some bimbo girl only dates 6' tall guys or if people still think I'm short. I don't care. I just don't feel short anymore, and that trumps everything. Even at 5'8", I didn't feel short anymore. You're not that far from that. All I could say is that, don't be that millionaire who feels poor because he's poorer than a billionaire. In the same way, don't feel short just because taller people exist. Ignore all that jazz and really think about what I'm saying. If I can feel not short at 5'8", then so can you. Just have to reframe your mindset to not feeling short and ignore the rest of the noise.

Right now I'm working on cutting all the fat that I've accumulated from being bedridden for months. I think by having a slimmer figure, I'll look even more proportionately taller. I don't know what your body shape is like, but that might be something to consider as well instead of doing this surgery. It's way way healthier, too, to not doing this surgery and instead work on getting that waist line smaller.

Thanks DIFM, wise words.

You stand 5'10 in your shoes? I stand 5'9 in my boots after an additional 1/2" lift, so not that much shorter.

I feel short, I won't lie. Part of it is the area of the country I live in, they really are taller in the midwest. When I travel for work I don't feel as short...then I come home. I'm actually planning a move to a more diverse area just to get past that.

With body shape, I have my own in house gym, so I've been a weight lifter for years. Honestly, part of my problem was joining the bodybuilding . com forum and seeing all the height garbage on the misc. Laughable I know, but that is part of what started all this. (inb4 Alu schools me on being butt hurt over hyperbolic internet comments, lol)

I don't get jealous over billionaires, I do get jealous over guys my height or shorter that have a stronger mental frame of mind though.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
5'7.5

Alu

« Reply #410 on: April 24, 2016, 04:06:44 AM »

Thanks DIFM, wise words.

You stand 5'10 in your shoes? I stand 5'9 in my boots after an additional 1/2" lift, so not that much shorter.

I feel short, I won't lie. Part of it is the area of the country I live in, they really are taller in the midwest. When I travel for work I don't feel as short...then I come home. I'm actually planning a move to a more diverse area just to get past that.

With body shape, I have my own in house gym, so I've been a weight lifter for years. Honestly, part of my problem was joining the bodybuilding . com forum and seeing all the height garbage on the misc. Laughable I know, but that is part of what started all this. (inb4 Alu schools me on being butt hurt over hyperbolic internet comments, lol)

I do it for the love of reason and logic. I've had the internet for most of my life, I know how stupid it can be. And how god damn hilarious it can be as well:

https://twitter.com/meninisttweet/status/695351898447065088

DoingItForMe

« Reply #411 on: April 24, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »

DIFM, thank you for answering

do you mean you are an asian blood?

do you recommend this it to someone who is 167 cm like me?
Yes, I'm Asian. Do you have a lot of money and free time, and feel physical and mental pain when you look at a mirror? If so, then this surgery might help you get past that feeling of disgust when you look in a mirror or pictures of yourself next to taller people. But I want to make it very clear that that's the only real benefit from LL. Some people have these wild ideas that life is so much better being taller. And it is better, but it's only slightly better. Like now I can date a girl who's 5'8", when before I couldn't. But, before I'd date a girl who's 5'5". No big difference in my opinion, because in both cases, I was not single. Some say that they'll make more money being taller. But I made more money than 99.99% of the world while being really short. So I don't think it matters as much as people think it does. Some say that less people will make fun of them for being short. But you simply just have to ignore them, because if they don't make fun of you for that, they'll make fun of you for something else. There will always be something someone will not like about you.

Thanks DIFM, wise words.

I don't get jealous over billionaires, I do get jealous over guys my height or shorter that have a stronger mental frame of mind though.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
Man, that bodybuilding forum is toxic along with any old forum with that height garbage. I used to be like you and looked at study after study about how being short is disadvantaged. It really beat my self-esteem down. But there was a period of time even before LL when I stopped letting my own height bother me. And that was when I stopped browsing height-related forums such as this forum. It lasted for a good two years that I didn't think about my height. My mistake was looking into LL again, and then again going back to hurting myself by looking at how short people got the short end of the stick. It really helps to stop looking at forums like these, because you will end up feeling bad about yourself if you do. And why subjugate yourself to that torture? Focus on what's going great in your life. Measure your self-worth based on what you've accomplished rather than your height.

And yes, I know what you mean by feeling short by being surrounded by taller people. My best friend since childhood is 6'1". So you can see how I always felt short. But the reason why I was cured of my height neurosis even at 5'8", was because I was taller than most girls at that point. It was very rare for a girl to be taller than me. Plenty of guys taller than me, but I was almost always taller than the girls. And that really changed my perspective. I just tuned out all the guys and didn't really pay much attention to their height. And only focused on comparing myself to the women I saw. And then I felt tall. It also helps that I'm no longer an entire head shorter than my best friend. But surrounding myself with shorter people and/or only paying attention to shorter people really helped.
Link to my experience

CCMidwest

« Reply #412 on: April 24, 2016, 03:00:26 PM »

I do it for the love of reason and logic. I've had the internet for most of my life, I know how stupid it can be. And how god damn hilarious it can be as well:

https://twitter.com/meninisttweet/status/695351898447065088

lol

This forum needs voices of reason like you Alu! There are people here who are literally insane. (I hope I'm not one of them  ??? )
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »

DIFM,

You should of been a therapist instead of a wildly successful app developer.

Just kidding, most therapists and shrinks make very poor money.

But yeah, I let the internet (and some irl events) destroy my self-esteem. Validating to know I'm not the only one that has fallen down that rabbit hole.

Thanks for the reality check.
5'7.5

chineseguy

« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2016, 03:24:26 PM »

thanks DIFM,    I have a lot of time ,  my parent support me,   my salary from being java programmer on xiamen is not enough.  i dont envy rich people . i envy tall people  who is 175cm.   this thing start after i graduate college. I see i am taller than my mom just by 3 cm and my brother is now 177 cm tall. my dad is 173cm,  also job require most 170 cm in china,  height discirimation is too much in china,  i hated it will be harder to have a 165 cm wife but not imposibble just harder

how your best friend feel when you do this?   any bad reaction,  did your friend notice it? what you say to him?

why did you choose femur over tibia before?    I was thinking doing tibia before but i hate scar and i can still wear lift when doing femur

why not guicet too
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:20:53 PM by chineseguy »

DoingItForMe

« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2016, 08:41:16 PM »

thanks DIFM,    I have a lot of time ,  my parent support me,   my salary from being java programmer on xiamen is not enough.  i dont envy rich people . i envy tall people  who is 175cm.   this thing start after i graduate college. I see i am taller than my mom just by 3 cm and my brother is now 177 cm tall. my dad is 173cm,  also job require most 170 cm in china,  height discirimation is too much in china,  i hated it will be harder to have a 165 cm wife but not imposibble just harder

how your best friend feel when you do this?   any bad reaction,  did your friend notice it? what you say to him?

why did you choose femur over tibia before?    I was thinking doing tibia before but i hate scar and i can still wear lift when doing femur

why not guicet too
None of my friends know that I had LL. I wore 2" lifts prior to surgery to get my friends used to my new height. But I didn't start with 2". I slowly eased them into it with 1", then 1.5", then 2". To them, I've just been getting taller and taller gradually.

I chose femur because I figured that it's easier to lengthen. I also heard that tibia can cause permanent knee pain when kneeling. I don't think I'd have gotten 8 cm on tibia. My shin muscles are very thick and not very flexible to begin with. And yes, it's easier to hide scars with femurs, because you can still wear shorts and the scars are hidden. If you wear shorts with tibia, scars will be visible. But scars can also be removed with laser scar removal surgery. I plan on getting that after I get my rods removed, so that there's no evidence of LL.
Link to my experience

Tiger5

• Visitor
« Reply #416 on: May 07, 2016, 05:29:38 PM »

Hey DIFM, quick question, have you physically measured yourself on a height scale or even a tape measure to make sure you gained what the surgeon told you did, or are you basing it strictly on the Precice CM gain that is calculated on the X-ray? 
I am asking because I've been told by others the physical gain is differing from the gain shown on the X-ray.
Thank you again for all your entries, you're a hero and helping others tremendously
T

Iamready

« Reply #417 on: May 07, 2016, 11:18:06 PM »

I personally feel like I gained more than the precise cm.

determination

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #418 on: May 08, 2016, 10:02:22 AM »

I personally feel like I gained more than the precise cm.

I think the important is what you fill like! Not the exact cm. right?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #419 on: May 15, 2016, 09:09:15 AM »

Hey DIFM, quick question, have you physically measured yourself on a height scale or even a tape measure to make sure you gained what the surgeon told you did, or are you basing it strictly on the Precice CM gain that is calculated on the X-ray? 
I am asking because I've been told by others the physical gain is differing from the gain shown on the X-ray.
Thank you again for all your entries, you're a hero and helping others tremendously
T
The gain was a little over 8 cm when they used the height scale at the beginning and end of my lengthening. Either they measured me wrong in the beginning or my spine decompressed from all the lying around in bed. Or maybe a combination of both. I also went home to measure myself to make sure that they weren't lying about the gain. It was correct. I used a measuring tape to measure the height of a marking I made on the wall where the top of my head is.

What you might have heard is that the x-ray and actual height are a bit different. That is because the x-rays aren't accurate. But the doctors are aware of it and do tell you how much you should/may have actually gained.
Link to my experience

Tiger5

• Visitor
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2016, 06:42:36 PM »

Hello DIFM,
How is your gait or lack of it lately?  Is your waking back to complete normal?  If so, how long did it take from the time you started consolidating or the time you were given permission to walk without aids?  Thank you again
T

DoingItForMe

« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2016, 03:35:07 AM »

Update: X-rays show that my bones have stopped growing in the past 2 months sadly. This means that I'm still left with no bone growth on the left side of my left leg and right side of my right leg. The right leg looks a bit more promising, because the bone is only about 1-2 inches apart - meaning that some growth has occurred in the past year. But the left leg looks like a lost cause, because the gap is still about 3 inches long. So it means that barely any growth has occurred. Paley said that I can't remove the rods while my bones are like this. I'll have to get a bone graft. Sigh.

I started using the Exogen machine again. My last one broke 2 months ago after about 200 uses. So if you buy an exogen 4000 on ebay, keep in mind that it'll probably break after around 200 uses. I also stopped taking calcium and vitamin D supplements a month ago, because I was getting pretty good sun exposure and eating healthy food. But now after seeing no bone growth for the past 2 months, I'm starting to do what I did originally and using the Exogen twice per day, drinking a lot of milk, and taking calcium/vitamin D supplements. I'll let you guys know if this helps my bone start growing again in about 3 months. I've decided to stop doing x-rays monthly, because there's almost no progress anyway.

The only good news I have to report is that I'm able to do the missionary and pronebone sex positions without problems now, when before I reported that I had trouble with it because of the loss of flexibility. Lots of stretching in the past few months, especially Thomas stretch, is what fixed it.

In reply to Tiger5:
My gait is near normal at this point. A lot of it has to do with regaining my strength using the adductor and abductor machines at my gym. Those muscles helped me stop walking like a penguin. You'll have to go through my full diary to get an exact time of when I was able to do something. The timeline was something like this:

2-months post-op: Using crutches.
3-months post-op: Reached 8 cm and stopped lengthening.
4-months post-op: Flexibility improving, still mostly using the wheelchair.
5-months post-op: Able to touch my ankles to my thighs finally. Using mostly crutches instead of wheelchair now.
6-months post-op: Able to walk short distances without crutches, but only by doing baby steps. Able to touch my toes while standing up straight.
7-months post-op: Officially given the okay to walk without crutches, but I was secretly doing it for a month and a half already.
8-months post-op: Still in pain, mostly in my adductor/abductor muscles. Able to walk a few miles per day now, but will be in a lot of pain.
9-months post-op: Pains starting to go away. Mostly working out at the gym and doing adductor/abductor workouts got rid of the pain.
10-months post-op: Almost no pain now. Can walk long distances without pain. Legs getting its muscle definition back and butt is returning.
11-months post-op: Can do a slow jog now. Still no okay from the doctor to run, jump, or do sports. Can do all sex positions I was able to do before.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:29:11 AM by DoingItForMe »
Link to my experience

Iamready

« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2016, 04:08:27 AM »

I hope everything goes well and thanks for letting us know that about the Exogen.  Are you giving up on the left?  Or are you hoping for the best and then just keeping the bone graft as a backup plan?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2016, 05:56:58 AM »

I hope everything goes well and thanks for letting us know that about the Exogen.  Are you giving up on the left?  Or are you hoping for the best and then just keeping the bone graft as a backup plan?
Before I was using the Exogen only once a day. But Paley told me to use it once every 12 hours now. I'm also consuming about 200% of my needed calcium intake per day now to try to stimulate bone growth. I'm not going to take more than that, because I'm afraid of developing kidney stones. My expectation is that my right leg might fully heal after 3-6 months if I do this. I don't have much hope for my left leg, but we'll see. My best guess is that my left leg will probably need a bone graft. The fact that Paley even mentioned a bone graft probably means that I need one, because he's been mostly optimistic prior to this x-ray.

I'll be happy if at least my right leg can heal fully without a bone graft. Because then at least I'll only be on crutches with one leg, which is significantly better than on both legs. I'm really not looking forward to another surgery. But it goes to show that complications can happen, even with Dr. Paley. Potential LLers, don't take this surgery lightly.
Link to my experience

Tiger5

• Visitor
« Reply #424 on: June 01, 2016, 10:57:29 PM »

I checked with the Exogen Company Tech support about this device, was told that it expires after 30 to 40 days of non-use, also it expires after 6 months even it is used.  They would be willing to reset it or send another one only if the doctor issues a prescription based on bone not consolidating or in cases of non-union.  Tech support said those devices bought form EBay, Amazon or private sellers will not work.  However what I read from your last post that it worked contradicting what Tech Supp said.  It's news to me and I suppose I need to do more research
Thanks for your info

DoingItForMe

« Reply #425 on: June 02, 2016, 07:21:36 PM »

It might depend on the model. Mine is an older model called Exogen 4000. It doesn't have a calendar like the newer models, and thus doesn't keep track of dates. It keeps track of uses, though.
Link to my experience

Alu

« Reply #426 on: June 02, 2016, 11:59:33 PM »

Hey DIFM, thanks for the update and information on the recovery timeline. Good to see you're noticing return to functionality, that's great to hear!

Considering that you've been busy under the sheets and all (you sly dog), have girls ever mentioned your long legs or anything of that matter? Both under the sheets and just around in life, seeing as how you're returning to regular life

Lastly, if you can, how far do your knees go up when you bend your legs close to your body? Like as if you're gonna do a cannon ball in a swimming pool. I guess I'm just trying to see how long might be too long for me, since my brain as gone into a spiral about how I might look after around 8 CM.

alps

« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2016, 01:46:39 AM »

did you get your vitamin D levels checked?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »

I am taking Vitamin D supplements now, so my Vit D levels should be okay. I'll update you guys on my x-rays when I get them 2-3 months from now. I really hope I don't have to get another surgery other than rod removal. Not looking forward to more scars, pain, loss of time/money, and complications.

Hey DIFM, thanks for the update and information on the recovery timeline. Good to see you're noticing return to functionality, that's great to hear!

Considering that you've been busy under the sheets and all (you sly dog), have girls ever mentioned your long legs or anything of that matter? Both under the sheets and just around in life, seeing as how you're returning to regular life

Lastly, if you can, how far do your knees go up when you bend your legs close to your body? Like as if you're gonna do a cannon ball in a swimming pool. I guess I'm just trying to see how long might be too long for me, since my brain as gone into a spiral about how I might look after around 8 CM.
Yes. A girl said that I look disproportional. I have mentioned this before that my knees look oddly too low on where they should be, even though prior to LL, I had a .8 shin to thigh ratio (which is normal according to Paley). With pants/shorts on, I look fine, because they hide my legs proportions. But nked, I look weird. This is one of the main reasons why I wouldn't recommend this surgery especially if your plan is to be physically more attractive to the opposite sex.

My knees go to where nose is if I do a cannonball pose. But what's more ugly/deformed looking is that when I bend my knees, my heel is touching the middle of my thigh when before it touched my butt.

I also want to mention that my sex drive is diminished after the surgery. I've noticed this in other diaries as well. This is another reason why I wouldn't recommend this surgery. I'm not sure if it's psychological or physical. Most likely physical, as my stamina is significantly worse than before.

Anyway, it's approaching a year since I had this surgery. Looking back, I'd say that I don't recommend this surgery. Yes, girls are less dismissive of me because of my height now. In fact, a lot of people have called me "tall" in the past few months. I've never been described as "tall" before in my life. But these girls are no better or worse than the girls who dated me who didn't care about my height. Yes, my height neurosis is gone now, but I've replaced it with other things I'm dissatisfied with myself, such as my lack of athleticism caused by this surgery. Sports stop being enjoyable when you suck at it. My friends don't treat me any differently. Even girls from the past who dismissed me for my height don't treat me any differently. So in other words, there are not many benefits to this surgery. I still have minor aches and pain in my legs while walking and doing other leg-related activities. For me, it's a fair trade off, because it fixed what I hated the most about myself. But for others, I'd say the amount of time/money you have to put into this surgery to get that is far more valuable spent elsewhere. I happen to have a lot of time/money, so that part of the surgery doesn't bother me. I don't regret this surgery, because I don't regret anything I do. But I can see why someone would regret this surgery.

My recommendation for anyone looking into LL is to surround yourself with people who don't care about your height and to get away from people who do. For example, if you're an Asian, don't surround yourself with people who think of Asians as second-class citizens. They will put you down and make you feel less of a person. In the same vein, if you surround yourself with people who hate short people or surround yourself with short people who complain about being hated for being short, you will feel less of a person. I made this mistake by browsing these LL forums and short self-help groups. A lot of the posts that point out discrimination against short people only made me feel worse about being short.

The only time I didn't think about LL and was okay with being short was when I stopped browsing these forums and stopped looking at how being short is disadvantaged. Being short is disadvantageous, but so are many other things. You can still live a great life without LL. I did just that prior to LL. Don't discount yourself so much just because some other people do.

On a lighter note, there IS one benefit to LL that I think is hard to achieve while being short. And it's that I now can see over people in a crowd.
Link to my experience

Alu

« Reply #429 on: June 09, 2016, 01:26:27 AM »

Hey thanks for the reply. Always great to hear from you!

I have two more queries:

1) If you can, and I promise this will be the last thing I physically ask you to do lol, if you do the Thomas test Stretch (standing or laying down), how far does you knee go? Nose again or around what level of the torso?

2) Do you think you wouldn't have gotten the disproportionate comment from her, if say you had done quadrilateral and lengthen both segments equally? I'm assuming you must be comfortable (or not have received) any comments regarding your body to legs.

(Quick non-LL question: you still recommend that book that got you into coding? I'm planning on reading something over the summer so i thought I'd give that a shot.)

DoingItForMe

« Reply #430 on: June 09, 2016, 03:59:57 AM »

1) The middle of my neck.
2) I don't know why she said that I look disproportional specifically. I didn't want to probe further. I'm going to guess that it either means that my legs are too long or my femurs are too long compared to my tibs or both. My guess is probably both. With clothes on, I look proportional. Nobody has ever commented that I look disproportional with clothes on. The most common comment was that I look tall, which I admit is kind of nice.

Yea, I still recommend that book.
Link to my experience

Penguinn

« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2016, 06:51:42 AM »

You will still recover! I've read it takes longer than a year for a near-full/full recovery. Hopefully those aches and pains aren't permanent.

CCMidwest

« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2016, 12:52:16 PM »

1) The middle of my neck.
2) I don't know why she said that I look disproportional specifically. I didn't want to probe further. I'm going to guess that it either means that my legs are too long or my femurs are too long compared to my tibs or both. My guess is probably both. With clothes on, I look proportional. Nobody has ever commented that I look disproportional with clothes on. The most common comment was that I look tall, which I admit is kind of nice.

Yea, I still recommend that book.

Just guessing, but I doubt she said it because your legs are too long, probably the femur ratio. I say this because I have Asians in my family (I'm white, so by marriage to cousins and such) and generally they are shorter guys. But the two that are taller (5'9?) have long legs compared to white men.

Also, I grew up in a mostly black and Asian area, and the tall Asians had long legs, especially the Koreans. Not sure what flavor of Asian you are, but there is my anecdotal evidence for the day.

My family members are Philippino and Japanese.

Also, great advice on your recent update. Having Asians in my family I know they can be treated poorly sometimes by society, I've seen it.

I've read that calcium and vitamin d are more readily absorbed by the body if you take them while consuming fats at the same time, so the example was to take them while eating a couple of scrambled eggs, hope that helps.
5'7.5

axelf

« Reply #433 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:58 PM »

As long as you don't look like a t-rex (lol), it doesn't matter if she commented on that. Her commenting that doesn't even necessarily mean that it's negative in her opinion.

I have received some comments about my legs/arms/body/hands/face/whatever as well ranging from negative to noticeable or positive. A lot of them I had sex with, no matter if it was negative or positive. So just relax  :)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Up