Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015  (Read 106642 times)

crimsontide

Re: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2016, 11:29:34 PM »

Hi deepak...

I'll be ok... the thought of amputation does not get me even a lil depressed... all I think of is it letting me walk again with full mobility... just gotta be positive

his "hospital"  could not be called a hospital by the standards of America

it's in an alleyway.... and it's what we would call a clinic... except he has an operating room in there..

I can't say shah did it on purpose, but ill give you a glimpse into his mindset

the day of my surgery... i was given anaesthetic... and brought to the or... this was september of 2014...

when i was  about to be operaed on...  the power went out.... it turns out mumbai had a citywide power outage that day

he was going to do the surgery anyway... with this  makeshift light.... until he finally decided it was just too dark to do the surgery in those conditions

so you can see 2 sides to this story

1- he could have just said, fk it, and did it, which he did not do

2-the fact he even was thinking about performing a surgery in  dim light, and poor working conditions

Shah is just your typical indian dr.... he will tell you there are no worries, everything will be perfect

do not trust him

He told me before he took my frames off , "no way your left leg will bend"

well... months later, I told him how badly my leg was... his reply "" we expected this, no worries... come here, i will fix it"

he flat out lied... he also wanted to charge me more for the corrective surgery than i paid for  first one

no other dr  would have taken my frames off.... i think

also.... people mention rehab

I HAD A FULL LEG CAST ON EACH LEG

i had them on for like 8 weeks because of shah... and you cant rehab wth a cast on... it set me back months and months

muscles atrophy in leg casts

crimsontide

« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2016, 11:31:25 PM »

musicmaker, how u doing baby.... see you soon

TIBIKE200

« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2016, 11:34:37 PM »

The nerve damage is confirmed? Which nerve was damaged?
I learned some stuff during this time

crimsontide

« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2016, 11:42:28 PM »

hey tbike, shalom my friend

the nerve damage is confirmed by me

Ever since i had the achilles surgery, part of my outside left foot is numb... and it's been this way over a year now

also, when i grab my calf, a a tingle goes down my leg... sign of nerve damage

for sure i have sural nerve damage... might have more nerves hurt

people will tell you that  the sural nerve is purely sensory, and therefore wont  hurt function

its not totally true...   theres studies on how sural nerve damage drastically lowers reaction time

crimsontide

« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2016, 11:45:55 PM »

musicmaker,

I will come... please be strong mi amor

your american prince will be back

ouroboros

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »

musicmaker,

I will come... please be strong mi amor

your american prince will be back

Just cause you got a slight limp, it don't make you a pimp   ;D

crimsontide

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2016, 12:55:28 AM »

:)))

never thought of it that way

maybe i should embrace my limp, and act as if It's just my pimp walk

crimsontide

« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2016, 11:57:06 PM »

my achilles photos are still up for 3 more days

you can see the horror

Don't get this surgery.... and don't go to india

crimsontide

« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2016, 04:29:28 AM »

my  left leg is no better now than it was a over a year ago

it's not even a little better in terms of walking ability

I am going to get my lower left leg removed... it's my only option

my life quality now is greatly diminished...

I can't live this way... I'm not depressed , but I'm pragmatic

I made a huge error getting this surgery...   take heed

I'm confident that  an advanced prosthesis will fix my left leg... i'm hopeful that ill be walk to walk like a normal person after this... hopefully right leg recovers a bit more

when i walk though, its definitely my left leg that is really holding me back

it hurts now too... i'm limping, and the nerve damage seems to be worse than originally thought

my lower  left leg can barely walk... it's that bad... this is not muscle atrophy... there's an enormous difference between how my right and left legs feel... this is nerve  and  tissue damage... hard to describe, but it really is awful

Don't get this surgery

I should not have gotten left leg corrected, but I didn't know at the time that my leg issues were 99% due to nerve damage

My walking is no better.... its been over a year, and no progress at all... so it's not me  rushing into something

I do squats, I stretch, I try to walk... nothing  helps my left leg even a little

i have arthritis in my left ankle too, to go along with the nerve damage, and destroyed achilles

now i'm getting nerve pain...

i need to be able to walk normally again, or  my life quality will be too reduced  to live happily

I'm very pragmatic about my situation... It's ultimately my fault

I wanna try to get a prosthesis asap.... my left leg isnt getting any better, and i'm  past the point of being patient.. it's not improving at all

it's not as if i'm slowly improving... if anything the nerve damage is worse... and the bone feels odd too... though might be  the nerve damage

5.7to5.9

« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2016, 05:49:22 PM »

Did you consult any doctor about your situation?

Achilles' tendon - is there no possibility of graft or something to strengthen it?

Bone - is there no possibly of rebreaking the bone and shorten if required to the original bone level and allow it to heal. I guess rebreaking is normal procedure during malunion

Nerve Damage - I am not sure if it's only one nerve that is involved in your whole lower leg movement. It might probably have an impact on part movement like moving a toe or so as an example. This alone wouldn't hinder your entire movement IMO. So I do not think it is the reason for lower leg immobility.

Please don't take hasty decisions. Consult with as many docs possible, just to gather opinion. I guess now a days you can speak to doc even on phone and take their opinion for a small amount.

goldenegg

« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »

Achilles' tendon - is there no possibility of graft or something to strengthen it?

I've read sometimes that when people tear their acl they can get it replaced with a dead person's.  would it be possible or helpful in this situation? 

anyway, sorry to hear about your recovery crimsontide...

crimsontide

« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2016, 08:01:09 PM »

achilles  grafting exists, but theres no guarantee... id  normally be ok with it, but theres no guarantee, long recovery and combined with my zillion other let leg issues.... it makes me  not consider this option

the nerve damage...  that likely will never be repaired... nerves are the least understood out of all the other complications, and now my foot is starting to hurt when i walk

it feels as if theres enormous pressure buildup, but no release.... i cant even think of walking barefoot

i also have arthritis  already in my left ankle... and stretching of muscles, rods in my leg, left leg is shorter

we're talking a lot of  things that are wrong with my leg

if there was just 1 problem, and there was a possibility it could be fixed, no problem with me

it's the sheer quantity of issues i  have with my left leg...  i could  try to fix every problem one by one, and it would literally  be years before  id exhaust all possibilities to find out  it was all for naught

i could wait 2 more years even... but im not going through a 8 year cycle  just to  discover i cant be fixed

my rigyt leg... totally different issue, its much better

itfeels like a normal leg for the most part

my left leg... best case scenario is i get my leg rebroken to resolve length discrepancy.... ankle surgery for arthritis, and   another achilles surgery.... 

if all those things go perfectly, were talking a 4 or 5 year recovery, and i'd still have nerve damage,  and might not walk properly

that's the best case scenario... my  best case scenario involves an ankle transplant... ankle arthritis isnt gonna get better, and its rare

can you guys see where im coming from???    i can just get lower left leg removed, and get a very modern prosthesis which has electronic propulsion  thats pretty much guaranteed to work, and be walking fine with it in 6 months

theres no uncertainty  with this option...  i cant feel part of my foot and leg now anyway

Thatdude950

« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:27 PM »

Arent they extremely expensive?

crimsontide

« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:15 PM »

prosthesis are paid for by insurance

especially at my young age

my uncle was 74 and insurance paid for his

Wazzup

« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2016, 01:51:28 AM »

From what I have been reading in over the past 2 years when my time comes I will be 100% conservative and play safe (europe).

When it comes to which segment to lengthen would you recommend tibia or femur? It allways seems to me that tibias, besides the recovery time being much higher, also cause more problems.

I am 1.65m and was planning to lengthen my femurs by 5cm and then use 2cm insoles to balance the tibia to femur ratio. Does someone know if it would smooth walking? +5cm femur and +2cm insoles... Would insoles improve the tibia/femur ratio and be like tibia lenghten or if it wouldn't help at all (biomechanic point of view not aesthetic)?

Many years after and depending on recovery I could consider doing tibias for 3-4cm  8)

5.7to5.9

« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2016, 04:28:36 AM »

can you guys see where im coming from???    i can just get lower left leg removed, and get a very modern prosthesis which has electronic propulsion  thats pretty much guaranteed to work, and be walking fine with it in 6 months

Grass is always greener on the other side. From my experience this hold very true. So there is no guarantee on the other side unless you are successful here, so just hold on I am sure with right care and fixing your problems you will be ok in 2 years.

Just post your consultations with any docs who are advising on amputation and had ruled out all other possibilities. Until then your first priority should be to get as many opinions from doctors as possible than taking your own hasty decisions.

crimsontide

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2016, 05:24:27 AM »

2 years...  thats a 4 year recovery

how am i gonna get better?  my left  leg is just as bad as it was last year... not even a little better

the arthritis isnt going away no matter the length  of time... achilles isnt getting stronger, and nerve damage almost never  gets better after a year

this isbt going to change in 2 years... neither is the length discrepancy... ive seen people use below the knee prosthesis such as the biom... their walking is 100000x better than me

i need to be able to walk without psyching myself up like im about to bench press 600 lbs

Tiny

« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2016, 05:40:52 AM »

Just do amputation asap. Get it over with.

tibiafibulaop

« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2016, 04:27:59 PM »

yea man nerve messed up achilis tendon just grt your foot amputated and grt one of those modern prosthesis foot 

crimsontide

« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2016, 01:07:28 AM »

walking downstairs is such an ordeal

my quality of life now has plummetted. my function is greatly reduced

not sure how good right leg can become ,which is depressing me

walking downstairs is so difficult. life is not worth living if it stays like this

no one should get this surgery. its ruined the last 2 years of my life

this site contributes to the problem. id be much better off if i never heard of dr shah

if i cant get back to  normal relatively soon,that's it.. it's just not worth it living like this. others might be ok  being taller, but not being able to move quickly, or not running, or walking downstairs with great difficulty, but not I

Tiny

« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2016, 03:24:54 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that this site have forced you to make an awful decision. Anyways, I'm looking forward to your amputation. Just get it over with, so you can have a better life already.

crimsontide

« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2016, 05:52:53 AM »

cant blame the site totally

but i still see members here that have this fantasy of being taller, and never think of  what actually will happen

im getting 2 final opinions, but this left leg is is a disaster... the technology is so good today that itlll be ok, but im hoping my right leg will improve a bit

i walk like a clumsy stiff robot when walking downstairs

Peaceout

« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »

if i cant get back to  normal relatively soon,that's it.. it's just not worth it living like this. others might be ok  being taller, but not being able to move quickly, or not running, or walking downstairs with great difficulty, but not I
I am very sorry to hear your problems but why are you generalising this?Many people can move quickly,run better with time.
Yes this surgery is ver risky.Its a gamble.With 1 litle mistake in the surgery you can just screw your life.And a surgery for only cosmetic reasons.But still,many people doing it and will do.
Im just trying say-hopefully-it shouldnt be so bad and risky for a small amount of lengthening.
My mental pain is really bad right now,i doubt that physcial pain will be worse than mental after lengthening done.

crimsontide

« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2016, 06:33:04 PM »

you're wrong

look at the diaries and face reality

this surgery is not safe

Peaceout

« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2016, 08:06:52 PM »

you're wrong

look at the diaries and face reality

this surgery is not safe
Trust me i am a very realistic person about this surgery unlike many others.I dont believe %100 recovery is possible. its not absolute that i will get this.But maybe ill do someday.
I saw many diaries,most of them were over 5-6 cm.I wont pass 4 cm if i do this.

crimsontide

« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2016, 08:30:38 PM »

dont do it. go on with your life

morethan167

• Visitor
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2016, 09:09:25 PM »

dont do it. go on with your life

just because you've had the worst experience with the worst doctors doesn't mean you can constantly block other people's ambitions. I think everyone's aware of the risks, this is an extreme surgery but maybe someone's ultimate happiness depends on it.

crimsontide

« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2016, 09:41:17 PM »

morethan

worst drs???

doingitforme me cant run or squat yet and  has said if he could  go back, he would recommend against this surgery. he went to paley

the majority of people regret it

someone who has not had this surgery has no idea where their true happiness comes from

I have to spell out the details for you.

look at yellowspike.. hes maybe 80%...  He went to guichet

I could go on and on.

Peaceout

« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »

Are you considering that DIFM did 8 cm and yellow did 7 cm?
You are misleading right now.DIFM also said that he could have had muc better time with lower amount.
And for yellow i believe he is in a good position atm for his amount.7 cm is pretty rough for body.
After 4-5 cm it starts to create more problems.
If you do 7-8 cm of course you wont be ok even with best doctors and best pt in the world.What do you expect?

KrP1

« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2016, 04:27:04 PM »

If you regret this surgery is because you got bad results or you didnt need it.
I was sure that i need this surgery. Did it with dr Monegal. I cant run by the moment at 6 months post op but im doing relative normal life. And dont regret to have it done  a single moment. Life was miserable with my old height.

paco1

« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2016, 06:22:12 PM »

hello
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up