Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic  (Read 70142 times)

ewf

Re: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 02:37:29 PM »

Good to hear. I'm not sure why taking painkillers is not ideal in this situation, but I will be taking them if need be, at least until the initial swelling goes down.

Also, how's the internet connection at the hospital? Just asking because I'll be working the entire time lol
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

microman

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »

its good, and yeah i don't know if painkillers are bad, they may not be, ill ask mitkovic next time i see him, i do think they lose its effect if you keep on using them, so far i have only used one, tomorow the pain should be less anyway, as each day it gets less.

ewf

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »

That's a relief. And yeah, see what he says. Have you tried to stand upright yet?

microman

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 04:22:29 AM »

not yet, mitkovic siad i would soon though, but discrete ser says not to try and walk until 3 weeks post op.

okay last night i sadly requested another painkiller, pain was maybe level 4, but the issue is that it is constant and can't sleep, even with sleeping pill.

got to sleep from 2 am to 5 am, despite that i feel very well rested, as long as i got some solid sleep.

its 5 am now and i just woke up with 1/10 pain, lets hope this day stays like this as it would be a great relife.

physio exercises are getting much better.

there are also 2 patients here doing dual LL tibs and femur with mitkovic, one even got the femur operation while the tibs device was still in place on the tibs, maybe about 4 months into consolidation.

Ghostfish

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 05:24:39 AM »

Hi microman

Congrats on your ll journey!  I am a little surprised that you actually did it so fast after I saw your posts not too long ago.
You are the man!!  Be strong and get well!!

Keep Growing

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 06:27:55 AM »

Congrats! It will all be ok just hang in there! ;)

On a side note, do you have any information about Mitkovic femur device?

microman

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 07:19:51 AM »

its the same device, its external monorail.

hospital wifi works well, i am able to stream south park episodes so you can watch videos most of the day.

food is good for hospital food at least, yoghurt, bread and pate, soup, fresh water, sausages.

hospital staff are very good, sadly my main nurse doens't speak any english so as mentioned before just use google translate via android phone.

the dr. said he doesn't expect misalingments but all the patients said everyone gets misalingments with monorail devices, which is one drawback of them comparid to other devices like ilazarov.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »

Great things are going really well for you! What do you mean by misalignments? Meaning the bone being bent or something? Mitkovic told me I would not be in any pain at all by looking at my X-RAYS. 5.1 centimetres is my aim as well!
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

microman

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 01:31:54 PM »

happens all the time with monorail, the bone kindof pokes out at a certain point, you will find out more about it if you choose to use this device.

Descreteuser

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 03:17:37 PM »

Great things are going really well for you! What do you mean by misalignments? Meaning the bone being bent or something? Mitkovic told me I would not be in any pain at all by looking at my X-RAYS. 5.1 centimetres is my aim as well!

when ur muscles start resisting lengthening it causes ur bones to mis align..if u do 5cm ur bone wont mis align enough to cause any permanent loss in function..it may just cause a bump on ur shin which the doctor can get rid of easy after distraction phase..  normally starts happening at about 2.5cm.. mitkovic says the same thing to everyone.. ''you have very good bone'' ''u wont have any pain''.. everyone will experience pain.. some more than others.. but the pains bearable so dont worry about that..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

crimsontide

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »

malalignments should not be common or acceptable

the mono fixator is simply not strong enough for most people

it's a very big disadvantage

microman

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 03:51:20 PM »

something to do with the pins sliding, i belive its an issue with monorail devices in general, even if ilazarov devices can have it it can be more easily corrected than with monorail.

ewf

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »

3 weeks is such a long time on your back man, it would drive me nuts. Are you even able to get from your bed to a wheelchair on your own right now? Do you just ask for assistance when you need to get to the bathroom?

microman

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »

hmm probably could and that is what i will be doing in 4 days time when i am in the hotel, but for now they just bring pee bottle and a poo bowl when requested.

ewf

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2015, 05:03:28 PM »

I don't think I could bring myself to do that in a bowl lol but two broken legs may change my mind :D

Descreteuser

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 06:39:52 PM »

I don't think I could bring myself to do that in a bowl lol but two broken legs may change my mind :D

hes the first ive heard of thats done that here lol.. better option prob just to get them to help u into ur wheelchair then go to the bathroom..

wingspan 180

ewf

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 07:22:07 PM »

hes the first ive heard of thats done that here lol.. better option prob just to get them to help u into ur wheelchair then go to the bathroom..

Yeah I definitely prefer that option lol. I've never actually spent any time in a hospital before, so this is all kind of new to me.

Thanks.

microman

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2015, 07:49:19 PM »

i just said i needed a poo and he brought out the bowl, he never offered an alternative.

have asked nurse to give me a much smaller painkiler tonight at 2 am along with a sleeping pill.

although the pain level is low i really need to garuntee myself at least some sleep each night.

but i have great fear ahead, the fear of the unknown, will i get alot of complications? will i have a harder time than most, or an easier time.

the whole process is a lottery, some patients have an easier time than others and i don't like the uncertainty.

but i would be 100% happy at 5cm, so if things get tough ill pull the plug there and then and be so happy i got through it and made it there.

and external monorial femurs are totally not ever happening later on for me, not even if someone paid me to do it,id just be happy at 171 via a little lift of some kind like nike air and then that's my height problem solved and i can live life at my fullest with nothing getting in my way.

Keep Growing

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »

and external monorial femurs are totally not ever happening later on for me....

I thought Dr Mitkovic offers his SIF (selfdynamisable internal fixator) device which is somehow internal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21119939

ewf

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2015, 09:44:58 PM »

I'd try not to give it too much thought at this stage Microman, you're on the right path now. Going ahead with the surgery was the biggest decision you've had to make and that's all behind you now :D

Plus, you're definitely in good hands over there.

microman

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2015, 09:49:37 PM »

ye he had internal but the factory doesn't make it any more or the second batch failed his internal testing.

its external monorail only from him.

btw half the reason i avoid external femur with mitkovic is because id be happy with my height, the other half is that id only get about 4cm out of it anyway due to wingspan, so don't let any of that put you off doing monorail femur if your situation is somewhat different from mine.

i would say for femur its likely that 5.5cm would be the maxiumum gain, if you want more go with guinchet or something.

Morgenst.

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »

Great to hear you've started your LL journey microman! Hope the pains not too bad from here on. Looking forward to your insight and pictures later on. Did the Dr ever mention how the fibula was going to be lengthened since I know the device doesn't touch it.

Descreteuser

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »

Great to hear you've started your LL journey microman! Hope the pains not too bad from here on. Looking forward to your insight and pictures later on. Did the Dr ever mention how the fibula was going to be lengthened since I know the device doesn't touch it.

theres a screw that is fixed through the bottom of the fibula into the tibia.. 

wingspan 180

Morgenst.

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2015, 03:18:10 AM »

Good to know, I've been wondering about that thanks man.

Samuimw

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2015, 09:41:15 AM »

I have heard that some will lose a few millimeters after lengthening aren't you scared of finishing with 4.80? Today I asked Dr.Fahkri at the clinic about shrinking he said if i do 171 I may be 170 in some years.

microman

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »

lol losing a cm in a few years post. op. never heard of anything like that myself.

Descreteuser

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »

I have heard that some will lose a few millimeters after lengthening aren't you scared of finishing with 4.80? Today I asked Dr.Fahkri at the clinic about shrinking he said if i do 171 I may be 170 in some years.

load of bullocks... . in a few years time ur new bone will be just as strong as the original bone so its not just gonna magical decided to compress.. and a few millimetres? even if it was true i doubt anyones gonna spot it.. ''geez, have you shrunk? i swear u were 2 millimetres taller last time''.. lol

wingspan 180

ewf

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2015, 04:49:06 PM »

load of bullocks... . in a few years time ur new bone will be just as strong as the original bone so its not just gonna magical decided to compress.. and a few millimetres? even if it was true i doubt anyones gonna spot it.. ''geez, have you shrunk? i swear u were 2 millimetres taller last time''.. lol

I for one am going to go an extra 2mm just to be safe (in 2 years) ;)

Want More

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »

Can you record yourself when you lengthening?
I need only 5cm.

increase

« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2015, 11:49:37 PM »

Microman,
 you met someone who lengthened the femur with Dr mitkovic?

microman

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2015, 12:26:12 AM »

yes, its much more painful than tibia,and pain lasts maybe 2 weeks instead of 2 days, i think, and max gain is 5cm.

he actually did tib and femur with mitkovic device 171-182 i think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up