Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic  (Read 70146 times)

MRbones

Re: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 04:03:58 AM »

hey microman, hey discreet user, hope you guys are doing well.

samuimw
I have heard that some will lose a few millimeters after lengthening aren't you scared of finishing with 4.80? Today I asked Dr.Fahkri at the clinic about shrinking he said if i do 171 I may be 170 in some years.

shrinking is impossible. it does not happen once you are consolidated enough.

increase
Microman,
 you met someone who lengthened the femur with Dr mitkovic?

hey increase, I thought I would chime in and make my username know. I am the femur patient.

my main reason for chiming in is just to clarify the femur question. 
yes, its much more painful than tibia, and pain lasts maybe 2 weeks instead of 2 days, i think, and max gain is 5cm.

he actually did tib and femur with mitkovic device 171-182 i think

yes femurs is much more painful for 2 weeks where as tibia is much less pain and discomfort and only last for 2 days, for example I was able to walk unaided the day after surgery for tibia. but for femur its 3.5weeks after operation and I can not even lift my 1 pound foot off the ground because of the shear pain. my point is the pain does not stop after 2 weeks.(I haven't even listed all the types of pain) that is the biggest difference between tibia and femur. the pain does not stop after 2 weeks. it gets slightly better is all. but your ability to use your leg is gone. probably for 6 months.

ps just incase people are curious. the only other patient I met who did external femurs had femur frames on for 1 year and 3 months.

microman

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2015, 06:00:44 AM »

are you saying you need 15 months to get to frame removal for femur when doing 5cm?

if you were to give a difficulty score out of 10 for mitkovic device tibia and femur for 5cm, what would that be.

example

tib 4/10
femur   8/10

thanks
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:38:46 AM by microman »

MRbones

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2015, 01:11:41 PM »

external femur surgery is extremely rare.

like 5% of people on this forum will ever get 1 surgery, the other 95% of people will be dreamers and never get a single LL for the rest of their life.

and something like 3% of that 5%(who do 1 surgery) will get 2 surgeries.

in all the years of the forum we have like 9 people(maybe more) who did 2 surgeries.

so basically there is no way I can tell you how long femurs take with mitkovic as no patients ever get it done basically. theoretically and scientifically speaking though femurs should take less time than tibia to consolidate. 

--------------

as for numbers im not going to do that. I am not finished my femurs yet(so I can not compare objectively), and the pain is getting worse as time goes on. my description in my last statement is very accurate, you should be able to work out the effort required for tibia and femur from that as I described it clearly. I will answer that question when I finish.

microman

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2015, 01:29:13 PM »

okay wow, the pain is getting worse now, that seems interesting.

i wish you the best of luck, i think with this new information i may try to aim for 6cm on tibs since i will be avoiding femur now.

but i look frward to hearing about the experience when it's all done

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »

Microman, hope your well. Any chance of a pic of your frames? Do you sleep on your back or sideways? I sleep on my side and was wondering if these frames allow so?
Always Dreaming of Big Dreams...
Current height: 173cm Target: 178cm on tibia's

increase

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2015, 08:21:49 PM »

MRbones you are lengthening tibia and femur?

microman

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »

yeah you can sleep on your side, i may post pictures later.

actually cbick66 on the old forum has a diary with a ton of pics

reason for edit: url link
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:57:56 PM by Admin »

MRbones

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »

increase
MRbones you are lengthening tibia and femur?

im doing both. tibia is already done.

increase

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2015, 12:20:10 AM »

im doing both. tibia is already done.

you recommend to 2 LL (tibia and femur) to whoever stretch above 8cm?
you think it is worth lengthen the femur by monorail (external) or is only recommended to tibia?
Thanks for the answers

ewf

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2015, 03:03:45 AM »

yeah you can sleep on your side, i may post pictures later.

actually cbick66 on the old forum has a diary with a ton of pics

reason for edit: url link

I was actually wondering this too since I pretty much always sleep on my side, so that's a relief.
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

MRbones

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2015, 03:48:51 AM »

you recommend to 2 LL (tibia and femur) to whoever stretch above 8cm?
you think it is worth lengthen the femur by monorail (external) or is only recommended to tibia?
Thanks for the answers

most people will never have the balls to do 2 surgeries. always do tibia first. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:49:33 AM by MRbones »

theuprising

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »

most people will never have the balls to do 2 surgeries. always do tibia first.

Why do you suggest doing tibia first?

Want More

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 07:26:57 AM »

Microman how you feel? Do you still have pain?
I need only 5cm.

microman

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2015, 08:27:27 AM »

legs very stiff, right foot is swolen, when i put on ground and try to sit it flat it hurts.

i showed mitkovic that yersteday anyway so im sure it is okay and i should continue lengthening, i am doing exercises to combat it.

pain at is 4/10, i have payed hotel staff for painkillers,i should get them in an hour or so, i hope it helps, panadol.

Want More

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »

Is it really necessary to be in Nis during that  8 months? Becuse i live about 500km away from Nis. Is it enough to se dr Mitkovic once in 15 day?
I need only 5cm.

microman

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2015, 08:32:05 AM »

ask him.

i am trying to do 6 turns a day, which gives 1mm as per mitkovics advice.

however it starts to get hard on the 4th - 6th turns,  last night i chose to only do 5 turns due to discomfort.

my plan for today is to space them out strategically, and start early, that way i should be able to get all 6 turns

i will try today at these tiems to turn
7 am
9 am
11 am

then since these turns will be harder i wil space them out longer

1pm
4pm
7pm

that way discomfort should dissapear by 10pm and i should get sleep.

Samuimw

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »

I wonder how it feels. I will start lengthening soon 75mm a day. How is the pain like ? is it like stretching your bones out or something like that?

MRbones

« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2015, 09:24:40 AM »

have you been doing all your turns for the day in 1 go till now?

microman

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »

1 go? , no lol its spaced out im just spacing out the last 3 turns more than the first 3.

first 3 turns: 2 hours apart
last 3 turns: 3 hours apart

hope that makes sense, it was just an idea i had since i had discomfort towards the end.

pain can be similar to 1st day post op. pain , but the issue is that it makes physio worse to do, usually this is towards last 2 turns really.

Want More

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »

how much you lengthen your legs now?
I need only 5cm.

microman

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2015, 06:21:58 PM »

dont have x ray to confirm but should be at 0.7cm

Samuimw

« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2015, 01:44:22 AM »

0.7 Cm? what' s all the height you have lengthened?

Descreteuser

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2015, 06:32:37 AM »

0.7 Cm? what' s all the height you have lengthened?

due to the fact that the device with most patients doesnt start lengthening until 5mm of turning he may well only be up to as low as 2 or 3mm.. its pretty stupid when u think about it.. been told numerous times to do 4 turns a day but still does less for some reason... thats why certain people shouldnt do this.. because they dont have anywhere near the toughness for this.. and if u dont have toughness it can take up to 2 years just before walking normally again.. even if u only do 5cm..  he has severe ballerina aswell and hasnt even lengthened a cm, cant even stand up with the walker.. this is an absolute recipe for disaster
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Keep Growing

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2015, 09:07:25 AM »

Severe ballerina from less the a cm? That means he wasn't doing any physical activity...
But what's the lengthening rate with this device? Isn't 1 mm/day like with Ilizarov?
Although I'm not a doctor, I recommend some pre-operative physical training as it will help with the recovery!

microman

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »

its fine now, discreteuser came to check in today and it was fine, i think it's about 90% flat however he says as long as i keep it as flat as it is up until the final cm i should be fine for balerina.

Descreteuser

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »

its fine now, discreteuser came to check in today and it was fine, i think it's about 90% flat however he says as long as i keep it as flat as it is up until the final cm i should be fine for balerina.

yes but u must walk.. u still havent walked.. u need a physio therapist otherwise u wont be able to get up on your own.. listen to what i said about getting the physio in otherwise ull be in for a very very long recovery

wingspan 180

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »

It is damn confusing that Microman has been a member for such a long time with nearly 500 posts. He must have read other people's diaries and must have took notice of the importance of PT and walking! This is not a walk in the park and no way you will be walking or be back to 'normal' when you take your frames off. It will take you at least a year just to walk properly. I believe the majority of patient written diaries show it can take 1-1.5 years to be back to 80%. Take the advice microman otherwise it be much harder for you
Always Dreaming of Big Dreams...
Current height: 173cm Target: 178cm on tibia's

spaller2015

• Newbi
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »

would u recommend mitkovic? its really good price.

microman

« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »

yes i would recomend him, he is the cheapest and one of the better places to go mostly due to staying in hotel.

anyway

Dr. Mitkovic arrived tonight to check my x-ray, he said x ray good, no pre consolidation or any other issues, I had a bone fragment in the left leg but he said that that’s actually a good thing and it’s better than having a perfect gap like the right leg has, he said I am good exerciser after viewing my straight leg, ballerina and lifting the leg up and down straight, he said he would guess I am at 1.5cm but he can confirm by taking the cd to check on his own.

I asked him if it’s okay to be about 2 weeks late using the walker and if it would affect recovery much, his sheet sais ‘use walker after 3-4 weeks’ after all, he said not to worry about that and it is perfectly fine to use the walker at a later time.

He said the walker is not important right now, he said the most important thing is 4 surface turns a day and exercises, so I am going to follow the doctors advise and spend more time doing exercises rather than trying to stand up/walk with walker.

according to x ray i have done 1.6 cm on right leg and 1.5cm on left leg, so that puts me at 166cm. i find that interesting as going by my chart i should have gotten 1.4cm per leg, and that's assuing the first few mm didn't distract, which clearly they did, and then some? i wonder where the other 2 mm came from?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:52:23 PM by microman »

Descreteuser

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2015, 01:52:48 AM »

yes i would recomend him, he is the cheapest and one of the better places to go mostly due to staying in hotel.

anyway

Dr. Mitkovic arrived tonight to check my x-ray, he said x ray good, no pre consolidation or any other issues, I had a bone fragment in the left leg but he said that that’s actually a good thing and it’s better than having a perfect gap like the right leg has, he said I am good exerciser after viewing my straight leg, ballerina and lifting the leg up and down straight, he said he would guess I am at 1.5cm but he can confirm by taking the cd to check on his own.

I asked him if it’s okay to be about 2 weeks late using the walker and if it would affect recovery much, his sheet sais ‘use walker after 3-4 weeks’ after all, he said not to worry about that and it is perfectly fine to use the walker at a later time.

He said the walker is not important right now, he said the most important thing is 4 surface turns a day and exercises, so I am going to follow the doctors advise and spend more time doing exercises rather than trying to stand up/walk with walker.

according to x ray i have done 1.6 cm on right leg and 1.5cm on left leg, so that puts me at 166cm. i find that interesting as going by my chart i should have gotten 1.4cm per leg, and that's assuing the first few mm didn't distract, which clearly they did, and then some? i wonder where the other 2 mm came from?

Microman.. Listen to me and listen to me very carefully.. Dr Mitkovic is a very kind man, and he will always tell you everything will be ok and that everything will be fine.. your finding any excuse not to walk, which is a shocking attitude.. the fact that he told u that u r a good excerciser proves that he will just tell u what u want to hear..cause ur not a good exerciser..uve lengthened 1.5cm which is barely an amount to have any problems at all..  i know from experience that the doctor doesnt check how bent ur legs are, he just quickly looks and says, yeah that looks good,without actually knowing.. youve basically convinced yourself that not walking is ok.. i cant believe u can be so ignorant.. seriously.. even after i told u how important it is... u needed 2 grown men to help u just to stand up onto your walker and then u panicked and said it was too hard and had to be put down immediately.. and now ur saying u can get away with not walking still.. lets say u dont walk for another week or so, uve lengthened more, ur legs are worse than they are now, how do you expect to get yourself up? ull end up telling urself its impossible and then continue not to walk.. if ur too lazy to do it now, ur not going to do it later unless you have assistance.. so start doing it now.. stop being so lazy, get a physio in so he can force you to use your walker.. and keep using the physio until you can do it yourself.. ive told u all this before so u have no excuse.. the information is there, so use it.. otherwise ull be a potato for a very long time..

wingspan 180

crimsontide

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2015, 07:24:13 AM »

if you have severe ballerina at 1 cm... which is really strage, then youre going to have serious issues

you should stop lengthening... i cant imagine how bad your ballerina will be  over 5 cm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up