Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Samuimw, Moscow Dr.Bagirov  (Read 32773 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Samuimw, Moscow Dr.Bagirov
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2015, 01:46:35 PM »

Yeah, I'm amazed at how weak the legs feel when you're in those frames.  I'm not sure whether it's caused by really fast atrophy or if you just feel weak because of the weight of the frames.

Samuimw

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 03:48:10 AM »

My left calve muscle hurts , I thin that's the reason because my right leg is ok.  Have you heard of this?   I have only lengthened 3.5mm

Samuimw

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »

I was weak because a had an infection , my body temperature went up to 38 so I needed an antibiotic treatment.I needed postpone my lengthening but today I'm feeling better maybe I can start lengthening again tomorrow. I had to cancel my flight today too :'( and stay here a week longer.

Samuimw

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 04:33:13 PM »

-  14 days post-op from surgery.

Im better now have gain my strength and no longer any pain. Today the doctorsa said that I have lengthened 7mm . But I think I have done only 5.5mm I don't know there's not much of a difference now.  I'm not taking any pain killers currently but I'm trying to heal a little pin infection, only a little one. So far I'm doing well.

Samuimw

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 06:26:03 AM »

17 days after surgery.

On the day day time walking and doing exercising with little pain. But on in the night before sleep the pain just suddently comes from nowhere  had to take pain killers to sleep.

I have lengthened almost 1Cm 8.50 , But when i measure my height it hasn't changed is this normal?

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »

It is normal.Just only 1 cm can be measurement error (eg .day spinal shrinkage)
But if you have lengthened for 4 cm but can measure the same ,that is abnormal.

Samuimw

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2015, 08:26:25 AM »

It is normal.Just only 1 cm can be measurement error (eg .day spinal shrinkage)
But if you have lengthened for 4 cm but can measure the same ,that is abnormal.

Thank you for your answer. ;D

Samuimw

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2015, 08:34:24 AM »

18 days after surgery.

The pain begin to happen i thinks it's the lengthening pain its's too much pain I can't sleep without painkillers . There's nothing more than the pain.

Oh forgot again the food just tastes like pork and salt as ingredients. So I ordered pizza .I need to gain weight Because since I came here I have lost mass and muscle.

Other than that I think it's nothing wrong but I want to know WILL THIS PAIN BE UNTILL I FINISH MY LENGTHENING? If so I must be prepared.

Samuimw

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2015, 06:29:50 AM »

Had a pin infection again yesterday! I'm bored feeling weak in my right leg where the infections is but with treatment it seems to be better today. I don't know if I should lengthen. I will try to take garlic supplements.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:33:08 AM by Samuimw »

Samuimw

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2015, 05:45:32 AM »

Forgot to say that I'm already at my homeland , 3 days now . I have problems with sleeping. Pin infection just got better have much more power, no more fever. Will continue with amoxilin for one more day. I think I have lengthened almost 1 and half Cm.

microman

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2015, 06:28:04 AM »

18 days after surgery.

The pain begin to happen i thinks it's the lengthening pain its's too much pain I can't sleep without painkillers . There's nothing more than the pain.

Other than that I think it's nothing wrong but I want to know WILL THIS PAIN BE UNTILL I FINISH MY LENGTHENING? If so I must be prepared.

for some reason i had a lot of pain in 2nd week of lengthening, but now in 3rd week i am expereincing no pain and i dont take any painkillers.

i have also never had any problems sleeping up until this point about 5 hours sleep on average each day and i don't take any sleeping pills.

Samuimw

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2015, 07:37:09 AM »

Now the pain from the lengthening is almost gone. But pain from infection when walking that's the real problem. Isn't 5 hours of sleep too little. That's bad for the health.

Samuimw

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 01:01:50 PM »

Back to normal again and I think I have lengthened 1.6 Cm somehow . Walking is pretty easy, no problems standing up , sitting down. But I wish I was at the clinic now anyways the doctors was so caring and it felt safe. As long as I don't have any problems I think there's no problem staying at home and lengthening. But I know that I have 6.4 Cm to go... But I hope it will be fine . Will update .

Samuimw

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »

if anyone know some useful exercises please tell me.

Samuimw

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2015, 10:00:25 AM »

almost a month now since surgery and it's going fine. Since I came back to my homeland I had always stayed inside in my apartment . I'm doing some exercises and walk 100 meters a day inside my apartments corridor.

Supplements I take now is Zinc, vitamin C, Garlic oil, calcium and vitamin D, Protein shakes. Of course a healthy diet with fresh vegetables and fruits.

I'm not sure how much I have lengthened I'm not sure if I should get an X-ray or not or its too fast.

Sleeping has improved 7 hours sleep per night with help of 1 tramadol pain killer before sleep.

Samuimw

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2015, 01:09:43 AM »

a month and 8 days since my surgery Im doing fine everything is going as planned. I have gained about 3 Cm now . Since my discharge I haven't contacted with Dr.Bagirov nor Dr.Fahkri but I have contact with a doctor at the clinic through Skype and his response is very fast . There's also another patient that is lengthening with Dr.Bagirov, I have contact with him and he's also Ok with no complications at 5Cm. Next month I will go to Russia to meet with Dr.Bagirov for leg correction and x-ray.
In a day I just need to walk, doing PT ,exercise play Pc games and chill out, my girlfriend is doing all the chores  ;)

Samuimw

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2015, 01:12:44 AM »

And not a single pin infection since I took garlic supplements. Thank you for the recommendation from SWEDEN and everybody that helped me ;D

Tibiafibula

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2015, 09:04:52 PM »

Hey Samuimw i am 6cm and pain reduced just muscle spasm sleeping abit troubke at the beggining i have another 1cm left ive been to clinic 4 days ago for Fixation which distraction for CT scan dr Fakhri said everything is good carry on lenthening no ballerina yet i would say abit ballerina but as soon as i walk it goes well , my height right now shows 177cm started from 171cm
I really wanna finish my lenthening , cought infection really bad one 80% of the pins were infected due to my pet and now living in russia with my family no pets infection is getting better treating it with livimikol Hlorofilipt dont know how to say it in russia its a green liquid

Samuimw

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2015, 07:04:08 AM »

Hello there tibiafibula, the nurses in Russia applied the green liquid on my infection many times and I got better but I don't know what it is called. Me too have a little ballerina but I'm only at 4.8Cm but I am able to walk with crutches , I really hope that I can reach my goal at 8cm. I'm going to Russia in 2 weeks to meet with doctor Bagirov.  reach my goal.  Good luck, you are almost finish with the lengthening, thanks for sharing your story.

Samuimw

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2015, 08:47:36 AM »

Update-I have been lengthening for two months now I'm at 4.8 Cm by turning between 0.75 and 0.50 mm a day. Last week I got  an infection on the biggest pin on my left leg . The pain was unbelievable it hurt so much I couldn't walk and keep my left straight for a whole week. After it began to be better by applying    antibiotic cream twice a day ,the big pin on the right started to feel like another infection is going to start , so I stopped it with levofloxacin for 4 days and is better now. Can straighten my left leg again. I'm living in a hot country must bear in mind about that. Other than that no problem only a very little ballerina (I think, i don't really know) but my heels is above the ground about 0.50mm when standing up straight but having no problem walking with crutches. Maybe I should choose a walker instead? Going to Russia in two weeks.

Samuimw

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2015, 08:20:47 AM »

I was mostly alone in my apartment room today trying to do stretching all the day and walking to slow the ballerina. After telling doctor about my early ballerina he told me to stop lengthen my legs for 1 week, not sure why but he said to rest the soft tissues . I'm really scared of pre consolidation of my bones . It was also a big mistake that I used the crutches early , It should be better with walkers , so next time in Russia I will bring back walkers instead and use crutchers when going out.

Samuimw

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2015, 06:08:56 PM »

Now I'm currently in moscow ,I will tell how my journey went. I flew with a serbirian flight company from my homeland there was no problems got on a wheelchair to the plane. They provided me a seat with extra space when they saw me on wheelchair, took about 6 hours to arrive at Serbiria . The passengers must walk down the stairs from the plane but I got down on an elevated ambulance.The problem begun when I was boarding transfer plane to moscow they said to me there was no ambulance for me and I had to take the stairs it was tiring and slow but it's not hard , I did it by holding on the ladder rail and other hand on my crutchers. Another 6 hours flight that was like torture for my legs.

Samuimw

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2015, 06:12:01 PM »

19th Oct. Arrived at moscow I was picked up by clinics driver to the clinic. First thing I arrived I asked for 1 pill of tramadol pain killer. On the evening I met Dr.Bagirov and he said that Im almost at the same height as him. Later that evening I got bone correction on my right leg ,nothing serious. Dr.Bagirov also said that there was nothing wrong and I had done a good job. I also asked to change my rods because it was running out.

20th Oct.
Went to a hospital for X-rays and CT scan . I will know the results on 22nd Oct.
 21st Oct. I checked out of the clinic to a very cheap hotel 6400 rubles for 2 nights     .I had to walk 2km searching for the hotel as no one knew where it was .( I was not alone I had my gf with me)  after I found the hotel that night was the worst because of the pain from the 2km walking ,my tramadol painkillers was out too .It was too painful that I had to take a hot shower and stretch my legs.

Samuimw

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2015, 06:22:03 PM »

22nd Oct.   
Got all my 6 rods changed by Dr.Bagirovs new assistant.  Now the results of my x-rays ... I have reached 6.3Cm on my rods but Dr.Bagirov said that I only got 5.5 on my both legs. So I had to do 2.5 Cm more ,It will take about 2- 3 month because I had to do it slowly and reach my goal of 8Cm. I want to say that now at 5.5 I have very little ballerina and it haven't develop further .I can walk with crutchers easily with no problem.

*I'm still going fine at 5.5 and will continue my lengthening program to reach 8cm (2.5cm to go) my ballerina hasn't developed any further. My both knees* are a little bent. That's the only problem so far. Other than that no problem . Will fly back to my country and fly back to Moscow in another 3 months at that time I would have finished with my lengthening program.
Will update.

The cost when visited the clinic was 14,000. Rubles for a room for 2 persons for two days. Ct scan and x-rays -no cost. because the price that I paid for the operation at the beginning covers up until removal of the frame.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:19:51 PM by Samuimw »

Samuimw

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »

Oh, about the after care that many people may want to know. I don't know what other people was expecting. but for me ,what I think, I think it's ok. I just realized that Dr.Bagirov does the operation in 2 different clinics here in moscow (other places I don't know) . But I did my surgery at a clinic named orthospine clinic in moscow . The problem is that Dr.Bagirov doesn't speak English and I couldn't just skype and talk to him, but the good thing is that at the clinic there is a doctor that can speak English and is very caring and taking things seriously. I think he's the head doctor of the clinic. I could contact him by skype at any time with fast response , sometimes he will contact Dr.Bagirov , and translate what dr bagirov said . This is what i have been through I don't know how other doctors are , but it's ok for me here.

The respond of the email are fast too. And I think Dr.Bagirov is an ok surgeon ,he knows what he's doing.

please be in mind that this is my satisfaction in my opinion for what I have been through from the beginning till today.

Samuimw

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2015, 07:17:50 PM »

I don't know how my diary ended up in Lon/LATN category but I'm actually doing pure externals.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:37:38 PM by Samuimw »

NB

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2015, 09:15:13 PM »

Do you still have a ballerina problem?
My doctor was: Fahri Teymurkhanly
Pre-surgery height:  146 cm (Did surgery on May 05, 2015)
Post-surgery height: 153 cm (Removed frames on May, 2016)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4484.0

Samuimw

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 09:30:03 AM »

Do you still have a ballerina problem?

Nope , actually I have no ballerina at all only just a few millimeters from the ground but it's normal and not a big problem about it because I can still walk with heels touching the floor. It was worse when I had an infection on my pin site because I could not walk, stretch I could not even keep my leg straight but after the infection was over I stopped my lengthening program for a week for relaxing my muscles and stretching and it got better. I think it was mostly because of the infection and not walking , bent knees all the time.

NB

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »

My heels dont touch the floor about 3-4 cm (((, but was more. now I try walk without walker, all weight on my feet. It helps me against ballerina. When I walk more, my heels touch the ground.
My doctor was: Fahri Teymurkhanly
Pre-surgery height:  146 cm (Did surgery on May 05, 2015)
Post-surgery height: 153 cm (Removed frames on May, 2016)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4484.0

Samuimw

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2015, 07:43:17 PM »

Hi everyone ! I have been gone from my "experience diary" for so long. It's not that I have a problem or something ,it's because that I'm not so good on writing and come here writing same stuff everyday .Btw , I'm doing fine and I'm finished with my lengthening ! Without serious complications.
The problem I have is 3cm ballerina both legs, left foot is pointing inwards, right foot is inversion.

A week ago was my third visit to Russia , I flew straight to moscow and I will tell you that the travel was the worst, my legs was very stiff from sitting many hours and I was on a wheelchair all the way. I was staying for 3 days ,Dr.Bagirov came on the third day, It was pretty bad because when he came it looked that he was in a hurry and we only spent time examing my legs about 2 hours.However when i stayed in Moscow I took some x-rays and Ct scan, after my doctor saw my x-ray he told me that my bones was straight and strong and I would even do 9 centimeters, but I told him about my problem that my left foot was pointing inwards , he told me they needed to do a correction  and so the did, they did it by moving the lengthening rods little to the sides after that my left foot is better, after that he said that I shouldn't lengthen more and I should be focusing about my right foot and ballerina.He told me the total length that i jave distracted is almost 8.5 cm and I was happy about it.

Samuimw

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2015, 07:54:16 PM »

So now it's the time for the second stage of the lengthening ! The consolidation phase! Dr.Bagirov told me that It would take me about 3 months until my bones are fully healed and I could remove my external fixator.  I think that 8cm and some millimeters took me 5 months and I can't even walk without crutches yet , I wonder when but I think that the walking will be better after my bones have healed.

I must admit that the ballerina was mostly my fault because sometime I was lazy. Maybe if I was stretching more I would have prevented 1 or two cm of ballerina and have only 1 cm instead.

Staying at home on the distraction phase hasn't been a problem for me (if not counting when I needed to travel to moscow) but about the pins or other problems it was ok for 5 months. I'm not saying that staying at home far away from doctor is good, bit it is maybe because I was lucky. Even if I stayed in moscow I think that my doctor would not have the time with me either because he's not staying at moscow all the time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up