Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Samuimw, Moscow Dr.Bagirov  (Read 32733 times)

Samuimw

Samuimw, Moscow Dr.Bagirov
« on: July 21, 2015, 04:44:48 AM »

Hello every one I have decided to start a new diary with my experience to have LL in Russia with Dr.Bagirov. I have just arrived yesterday and was picked up by the clinics driver and he was very nice. Once I got to the clinic every one were friendly smiling and the Internet connection is very good. The room I'm staying in is a two beds room but I think I will be staying alone so I have plenty of space here. The food here is three meals a day delivered to your room.

My current height is 164 my goal is 171 Cm..

The doctor told me 5Cm is Ok but 7cm is painful and need about 4-5 months to remove the frame. After removing the frames there will be something left in by bones(I don't know what they call it) for 2-3 years and come back for removal.

The price 8249 Euro for me inluding
-15 days stay
-Surgery
-Removalof device (3 operations)
-Physical therapy 5 days
-Analyzes

consultation with Dr.Bagirov 22nd
My surgery 23th 

microman

Re: Samuimw, Moscow Dr.Bagirov
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 04:59:07 AM »

great news, bagirov was on my list but sadly the aftercare was in question so i didn't bother.

pease let ur know how it goes.

Samuimw

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 05:08:33 AM »

Yes , we will see about the aftercare maybe it has changed, I don't know. But I will be updating. This morning I just had some test they took plenty of blood. Later today I will be taken to another place fore some analysis.

microman

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 05:22:23 AM »

what about accomodation,, how much and where you stay.

Samuimw

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:51:06 AM »

I'm staying in the clinic for 15 days after I will fly back to my country. Price for fifteen days is 1130 Euro, it's expensive because it includes surgical treatment and rehabilitations for 15 days too.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 06:31:29 AM »

I'm staying in the clinic for 15 days after I will fly back to my country. Price for fifteen days is 1130 Euro, it's expensive because it includes surgical treatment and rehabilitations for 15 days too.
Why not u stay there untill everything is finish?I think it is better than you stay at home.Once when something has happened doctors can get u immediately.

microman

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 07:37:38 AM »

going home for distraction is the wrong move man.

TrueSpartan

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 08:54:50 AM »

lots of patients experience pin break or some type of minor problem during lengthening externals . don't fly back .

microman

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 09:16:53 AM »

honestly if bagirov lets patients fly back for distraction I would see that as a big red flag and not do the operation with him.

Samuimw

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 09:28:07 AM »

Ok, I understand that I need to be here near the clinic during my lengthening. First I need to find a place to stay. I can't do it now I need to fly back to my country first to have Visa for 4-5 month stay. Now I can only stay for 30 days without Visa. Thanks for all the warnings.

Samuimw

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 09:31:30 AM »

If I don't stay here in Russia, I can still fly to moscow when I want without Visa. But if that's not a good idea I will stay near clinic during my lengthening.

Samuimw

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 04:36:14 AM »

I had the surgery on the 23rd of July in the morning.I was not allowed to get up on that day so the doctors gave me some injections for sleep. During the operation I didn't feel anything.
July the 24th I could walk with no problem at all with crutches.

Samuimw

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 04:41:49 AM »

Today 25th July waking up a little dizzy but my legs aren't at pain at all , I could bend them with no problem. Just now I just need to do some exercise and walking . Can't start lengthening until Thursday 30th. At night I could sleep well.

Samuimw

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 07:58:12 AM »

Finally it's Monday ! Be in mind that there will be no doctors at all on the weekends . On the weekends was the time that i dod exercises on my own walking in crutches alone(there were nurses 24hours) but they don't understand English to contact doctors is by phone. But now it's monday .Now I have started to take long walks with walkers or whatever they call it (the two sticks) . I tried to walk without crutchers but could only walk 4 steps and it was painful, I'm only 7 days post op from the operation so I will stick with the crutchers . Maybe tomorrow I will start to lengthen.

Samuimw

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 08:00:11 AM »

Now I don't feel dizzy anymore after walking and my legs are fine ,no problems at all.

microman

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 08:34:53 AM »

erm, where are you going to stay again?

Samuimw

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 08:57:02 AM »

I think I will stay at my home , and will fly back to Russia if something goes wrong.

Samuimw

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 07:57:09 AM »

Had some yellow bruises in my left leg . It hurts a bit when pressing on it or walking. So the doctors took me for an ultrasound . They said no nerve damage . My Right leg have a little infection because the screw was very near my legs it is too close. I hope that it will be better soon :'( Did anyone had some yellow bruises on the leg muscles?

Samuimw

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 05:07:49 AM »

Started lengthening yesterday(30th) I started with 1mm. It was the doctors recommendation. There is a program that they gave me to follow.

There are three screws on each of the leg .Turn a quarter for each screw for both legs ,that will be six screws that you've turned a quarter. It will be counted as 1. ( one quarter is 0.25mm)
Today I will reach 2.50 mm taller! There is no pain at all, maybe I will feel more pain further in the lengthening program when I reach a few Cm. 

Forgot to say that I don't like the food here .For me it tastes  not good at all but for some people they may like it.

Samuimw

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »

Ok ,now I feel so much pain on my left leg it was when I turned , my 1.50 mm, It was like a shock in my left leg it couldn't move for 10 seconds.  The pain is bad , now I can't barely walk . I got an injection of pain killer but it still hurts. There's no doctors around too. only nurses until Monday . This is bad .

microman

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 11:42:54 AM »

u turned 1.5mm in one day?

yeah i did 1mm a day for first 3 days, now due to pain i am down to 0.66m now and likely until the end of lengthening.

Samuimw

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »

yup, only for today. Then 1mm for a week then 0.75 /0.50 / 0.75 on and on until I reach my goal.

Oh yeah about the pain that I went through today doctor said it's normal because we are lengthening it . And it was about some tissue that the bone was trying to heal i can't remember. But tje pain is mostly over . From that time I have lengthened 0.50 mm without pain and problem.

Samuimw

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »

About the care.

During my time at the clinic I am satisfied with the service , the nurses and doctors are caring and smiles a lot. Every morning there is a doctor that comes in too ask if I'm ok asking question, he can answer all and he know what he's talking. And during the whole day there will be doctors coming in too see if I'm are ok. Helping me with crutchers, walker, learning me to walk giving help.

My legs, my legs are fine the device is very strong . light weighted and small. .Full ring at the feets , 2 half ring below the knee.

I will be going home during my lengthening .I can call Dr.Bagirov by skype If I have any problem. But seems that he doesnt speak English at all. But I know a guy that also had surgery same time as me and he can contact doctor bagirov for me, he can speak Russian.

Or I can contact Inna by email ,she responds the same day as my e mail is sended. She can speak English and shes much help.

microman

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 04:35:44 PM »

yeah 1.5mm a day is far too much.

i am planning on 5cm, if i do 0.66 a day, would that be 76 days to finish, so in total 7 weeks of lengthening, would you agree with this?

id love to be done sooner and quicker with 5cm,maybe you will do more, we will see what happens as we are both the same height.

also how do you plan to clean pin sites, yourself or local doctors?

Samuimw

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 04:40:53 PM »

It's a little weird, long before I wanted the surgery I said to my girlfriend that i wanted to have the lengthening device on my legs and now to this day I really have them on my legs . When I look at them I feel good, I feel good to have them, they are beautiful and it gives me the feeling that I going to be taller. even the doctors say that I maybe need to have them for 15 month. But I must visit Russia every 3-4 month. Ttaveling to Russia is no problem for me because i don't need VISA that many people are struggling to get.

Samuimw

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »

yeah 1.5mm a day is far too much.

i am planning on 5cm, if i do 0.66 a day, would that be 76 days to finish, so in total 7 weeks of lengthening, would you agree with this?

id love to be done sooner and quicker with 5cm,maybe you will do more, we will see what happens as we are both the same height.

also how do you plan to clean pin sites, yourself or local doctors?

I think 0.66 is good for you because you only do 5 Cm. Forme I will 0.75./ 0.50 swapping each day as I said but I don't know how lomg until I reach 8 Cm maybe 3 months.

Pin cleaning . I will be cleaning them self . The doctors gave me instructions and it is easy .Spray the pins with antiseptic spray . Only change bandage or have bandage if there's blood. But thre's usually no blood coming out of them.

Samuimw

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »

Update!   There is 2 options for the surgery. I said in the beginning that i would be in frames for 4-5 months and continue to have the pin fixarion in the bones for 2-3 year.

As I want to say is that I choosed the option that must be in frames for 15 month, because of this it will not be a steel rod in my bones. with this option that i have chosen I can correct the shape of my legs too . After  I have lengthened 5-6Cm.

The option with fast device removal with rod fixator in the legs are more traumatic more pain and difficulties to walk (as doctors told me) and I you choose this and you have curved legs there's may be a chance that you ending with more curved bones but there's not any proof of that yet.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:11:25 PM by Samuimw »

microman

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »

yeah  that is external vs lon likely.

given how long you will be in frames most people say onny do 5cm if doing external, but you can a you wish.

i hope i can get 5cm within 7 weeks, i'd love to get this height problem solved quicker.

i will be cleaning my pin sites myself when i go hoem for consolidation, over here they use some liquid on cloth and rub it around th pin sites.

Samuimw

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »

So are you finally flying back to you homeland now? and not stay in Serbia?

microman

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 06:39:16 PM »

i fly back for consolidation, the mitkoviv device can be removed by yourself by hand, which is one of the bonuses about the device which i liked.

so hopefully i will have only been in serbia for about 12 weeks in total for 5cm.

4 days - arrival, pre op stuff
6 days - operatoin and hospital stay
76 days - lengthening 0.66m/day

i calculated my weeks wrongly in the above posts, should be 11 weeks lengthening for me.

Samuimw

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2015, 10:37:44 AM »

Now I don't know how to describe the pain in my legs.
But it's like I finished a super marathon without stretching .They   are also weak.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up