Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Accommodation For LL  (Read 38841 times)

OldieButGoldie

Accommodation For LL
« on: January 13, 2014, 03:30:16 AM »

Hi everybody!
Since we are a big community with all members having the same mental issue -height neurosis  ;D- and we are all living in different places all over this beautiful planet I suggest that we support each other in terms of travelling and accomodation. I think it would be cool to meet each other in person, exchange thoughts and experiences and find out who is the even crazier LLer...

Thus, I will start by offering my "couch" in Berlin. Anybody who wants to get to know this insane city is welcome at my place.
You better be recovered because the night life here never stops and requires a lot of dancing.
Two healthy legs are needed!
OBG

Disobedient

Re: Accommodation For LL
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:10:55 AM »

that's nice from you..  ;D
I'm  planning to head to Germany in sometime around April or May
however I don't know how that will work if I couldn't walk properly..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:18:11 AM by Disobedient »

Sweden

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »

Very nice idea!
I have a guesthouse in the south of Sweden you can borrow if you like. :)

Welcome!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »

This is a nice subject. I was looking into couchsurfing community b4 I departed on LL journey,  however,  I found it hard to tell my host that I'll be doing LL. There's no way anyone is nice enough to offer such service,  not even your own relative. Every one has a breaking point of being nice.

I'll look into this again next year if any LL veteran would offer his or her couch for a decent amount of monetary return.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »

I'll be staying in an apartment building in New Delhi that my friend owns. I might be able to work out sharing a room with someone else if they're lengthening with a doctor close by. I'll be able to give more details after my surgery is set.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »

I don't think this was meant for patients as an option instead of guesthouse/apartment.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »

I know the topic is geared for post recovery lengtheners, but I figure it's the most related topic to post that info in. Someone might choose a doc in the area with no guesthouse option and might not like staying in a hospital. Finding an affordable place to stay in outside of a hotel in New Delhi can be a real pain in the butt if you're not a local due to the general unwillingness of landlords to rent to non-Indians.

LLL

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:32 PM »

I know the topic is geared for post recovery lengtheners, but I figure it's the most related topic to post that info in. Someone might choose a doc in the area with no guesthouse option and might not like staying in a hospital. Finding an affordable place to stay in outside of a hotel in New Delhi can be a real pain in the butt if you're not a local due to the general unwillingness of landlords to rent to non-Indians.

Have you checked out Airbnb?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:29 PM »

Have you checked out Airbnb?

I haven't heard of it. I'll give that a look.

HausLiborius

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »

Hello lovely limb lenghteners

My name is Elke and I am offering an accommodation for the patients of doctor Betz. It is called the Haus Liborius. I am offering this now for 7 years and take the best care of every single patient.

Our service includes:

Full board including beverages and fruit at all time
    Meals are prepared according to the individual preference of our guests
    Wireless high-speed internet connection
    Laundry service
    Transport to physiotherapy

House Liborius offers a place to stay for guests looking for the luxury standard of a hotel and the personal flair of a house-sharing community.

We work very close with the team of Dr. Betz and the physiotheraypist Peter Woll.

The room prices varies from 50-70 Euros.

Please visit the homepage: http://www.houseliborius.com/

Blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 03:32:41 PM »

Hi Elke!

Thanks for joining our forum! 

I have read diaries from people who were operated on by Dr Betz and were cared for by you.  I have heard a lot of great things about you.  Betz is on my short list of LL doctors so I may meet you in a couple years.

LLto180

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »

Hiii Elke

I left the Haus Liborius just a few days ago. I have been there for about 2.5 months. I stayed there for my whole lenghtening and another 10 days to recover a bit.
To all future Betz patients:
It is the best place to stay. I had such a great time there I really can`t put it into words. I felt like I am at home. Elke and everyone who is helping her took so good care of me. They got already family to me. Right now I really miss Haus Liborius. The place is exactly what you need while going thru LL. Elke takes care of everything and with a good 7 years experience with LL patients she really knows how to do it.
She is also so well connected to all the other people you may need (physiotherapist, masseur and the whole team of Dr. Betz) she knows them all and she is the quickest way to get a hold of anyone.
And the prices are more than reasonable. My budget was quite small so I could save some money and still live with the biggest comfort.

Special thanks to Elke, J**** and last but not least M*******. You all made my LL trip to an unforgettable experince. I will never forget you.
Lausert:)

Muse

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 09:27:22 PM »

This is a merged thread.  If you know a good caretaker or physio,  then it can be shared here as well.   

The following two websites are for comparison of prices for flights.  Using the +-3days option, you'll notice the price difference between weekdays and weekend.

http://www.kayak.com/   - Kayak
http://www.orbitz.com/   - Orbitz

For accommodation there's the option of hotels and private rental, it depends on your budget and level of privacy required.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels - Tripadvisor
https://www.airbnb.com - Airbnb

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:24:52 PM by Admin »

gettingtaller

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 03:22:59 PM »

My name is Elke and I am offering an accommodation for the patients of doctor Betz. It is called the Haus Liborius. I am offering this now for 7 years and take the best care of every single patient.

Our service includes:

Laundry service

House Liborius offers a place to stay for guests looking for the luxury standard of a hotel and the personal flair of a house-sharing community.

We work very close with the team of Dr. Betz and the physiotheraypist Peter Woll.

Elke!! So nice to see you here. I don't want to mention my name but I am the guy from the UK that had surgery in February. I stayed with a guy from Canada, a girl from China etc and my wife tried to organise a birthday party but I left before my birthday(!). Remember?

I would heartily recommend Elke's. Staying with her makes LL feel like a vacation. You'll also make great friends there. Lovely accommodation, lovely atmosphere and so much food and homemade cake that you might go home fatter (actually unlikely as LL rips all your weight off you!).
Did internal femurs with Prof. Betz in February 2014.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

gettingtaller

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »

This is a merged thread.  If you know a good caretaker or physio,  then it can be shared here as well.   

The following two websites are for comparison of prices for flights.  Using the +-3days option, you'll notice the price difference between weekdays and weekend.

http://www.kayak.com/   - Kayak
http://www.orbitz.com/   - Orbitz

For accommodation there's the option of hotels and private rental, it depends on your budget and level of privacy required.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels - Tripadvisor
https://www.airbnb.com - Airbnb

The physio I (and many other betz patients) used was Peter Woll.
I would recommend him very highly. He's been doing ll physio for 7 years ( maybe more?) and is a fantastic source of knowledge. In fact he's been helpful even after I returned to the uk by educating my uk based physiotherapist (most non ll physios have no clue!).

Apart from knowing his stuff, he's a very nice guy to deal with and always helpful.

There is some info here: http://beve2012.blogspot.co.uk/p/physiotherapie-peter-woll.html?m=1
Did internal femurs with Prof. Betz in February 2014.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

tall-soon

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

Hi

In which city in Germany are you living goldie

TomD

• Private
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 11:36:19 PM »

If anyone wants to come to Florida I have a big house that needs to be filled up. Free of charge too .

We live in Tampa so we would have to drive you down to the Miami area which is about a 3 hr drive but its no problem for us.  :)

ReadRothbard

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 08:58:20 PM »

Our service includes:

Laundry service

I would do ll just to have these accommodations lol.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 04:36:11 PM »

Are people mostly doing the surgery where it takes 9 months and they put rings around your legs?

Or are people doing the one where they shove a pencil-sized cylinder in the bones and it expands from within your legs?
28 years old, resides in New York City.
current height:       5'8'' (1.73 m)
desired height:       6'2'' (1.88 m)

ReadRothbard

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 02:56:41 AM »

Are you trying to troll, my friend?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

rodocat

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 06:33:23 AM »

Great thread! Anybody in California? I would need a place to rent in february. Also, one i get to India i might be able to let incoming people stay at my place.

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 11:35:16 PM »

5"6 and proud

manale007

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 06:13:58 AM »

Anybody in New Delhi for next April or May, we can meet up and share expenses.

ouroboros

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 01:53:59 AM »

I would do ll just to have these accommodations lol.

I am actually staying at Elke's place right now enjoying these accomodations.  I came to Germany only for a consultation, and figured that it would make sense to experience what life is like after surgery. Everyone staying here is at a different stage of lengthening, so you get sooooooo much information that is based on fact and personal experience.  I got to see the hospital where the operation takes place and it is nothing but a first class facility.  Elke has been driving me to physiotherapy sessions with other patients and I have been watching Peter Woll perform his magic right before my eyes. 

I have been researching limb lengthening since July of 2014, and I have learned more about limb lengthening in the past 2 days than in over 6 months of reading about it.

My recommendation to anyone that is uncertain about going through with the surgery is to visit their preferred doctor ahead of time and meet his actual patients, see the facilities where you will be trusting your health and recovery, understand that the surgery is only one part of the procedure and the months that follow are just as important to achieve your ultimate goal; which is to return to a normal life and enjoy it from a "higher" perspective.

I was supposed to be in the white sandy beaches of Cuba right now with some friends.  I had to sacrifice this vacation to come to Germany.  Now I realize that it has been the best sacrifice in my life, because it has given me all the motivation to go back home and make the money required to go through with the surgery.

Sweden

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 11:45:21 AM »

Oldie but Goldie: Still here??

Let's meet up to see the crazy wild life in Berlin.

YellowSpike

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 10:52:01 PM »

I wish I had a LL Forum connection while I was lengthening in London. Instead, I had to live with a landlord who was like Satan. Very rude, nit-picky, kind of creepy (not to mention, 6'5", so intimidating for a crippled midget)... Made the whole process so much worse...

alps

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 11:05:59 PM »

But we couldn't simply decide to stay with an LL Forum member either, right? It's the internet after all :/ How can we trust anyone?

Btw, YellowSpike, why didn't you rent a place for yourself? Was it too expensive?

Did your landlord allow your helper to stay with you?

Did he know about your cosmetic LL situation? I guess that made things worse.

YellowSpike

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »

But we couldn't simply decide to stay with an LL Forum member either, right? It's the internet after all :/ How can we trust anyone?

Btw, YellowSpike, why didn't you rent a place for yourself? Was it too expensive?

Did your landlord allow your helper to stay with you?

Did he know about your cosmetic LL situation? I guess that made things worse.

Yeah it was too expensive. London is very expensive. I wish I was able to stay in Milan, but due to Dr. G's schedule (and my wanting the surgery asap), it had to be in London.

The landlord knew about my situation beforehand. He was very nice, until I actually got there. I eventually had to do pretty much everything myself and had to eat out/get take-out a lot. But I survived.

helloletsgrow

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 03:34:04 AM »

Hi, I am looking for a place near a spa in Germany or hot springs to do recovery of ll I'd like to do sept. thru Dec. 2015.  Big thing is I have a toddler and a nanny with me!   So I need a larger home and outdoor space.the resort spa seems expensive and not accommodating a toddler.   I want to do this before he's old enough to know what I'm doing.  This is a totally quiet venture too so I'll need all the support I can get from cleaning food prep and baby help....   Yikes is this impossible to find?   ⛲

OregonMade

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »

Anyone going to India in the fall?

LiamHayes

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2016, 05:31:40 PM »

Are you trying to troll, my friend?

Not whatsoever! I haven't been very active on this forum, so I am just now getting to reply to you.

I am in no way trying to troll through. I take this forum and this process very seriously.
28 years old, resides in New York City.
current height:       5'8'' (1.73 m)
desired height:       6'2'' (1.88 m)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up