Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal / Spain / Bilateral Femurs / Fitbone / August 25, 2015  (Read 85011 times)

Bohemia

Re: Dr. Monegal / Spain / Bilateral Femurs / Fitbone / August 25, 2015
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »

Considering you're at 5 CM how do you feel with that height. Is it noticeable. I know you can't quite do a lot given your state but from just standing up do you notice a clear difference?
Thanks

I feel and look longer and thinner.

I have posted a couple photos on Facebook of me chilling in the gym, standing, lying, etc. and people who know nothing about this have commented that I look taller and thinner; they attribute it to the photograhy angles and such.
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

Bohemia

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »

Today marks week eight, I leave this place in about two weeks; honestly, I am fking happy about that.

Sick of ham in every dish, sick of the strange hours of operation for cafes, sick of being cooped up in this apartment; sick of the crappy wifi; sick of stretching; sick of icing, sick of the wheelchair; sick of spanish; sick of sleeping crapty; sick of missing my blended iced chocolate espresso drink in America; sick of lying in bed all day; sick of loneliness; sick of painkillers at midnight; etc, etc, etc.

Dr. Monegal, Claudio, and the women at the restaurant in the facility have treated me like fking angels—they cater to my every need. For that, I will safely recommend this experience to anyone.

But I confess I have hit a situation where psychologically I am fking over all this.

That said, I definitely would do it again if back in my previous shoes.
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

Taller

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »

Haha jamón serrano is one of Spain's signature dishes, and it is indeed in everything! When I first moved here I ate it every day and then became completely sick of it within three weeks, so I definitely know where you're coming from. Potatoes are everywhere too.

Although Spain will miss you,  you are lucky you're leaving now as the weather is going to get pretty cold in just a few weeks. Are metal rods in your legs goin to cause any issues in the airport metal detectors?

Bohemia

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2015, 03:56:36 PM »

Yes they will set off metal detectors. Dr. Monegal will write me a special report, etc.

ouroboros

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »

Good to hear things are going well for you.   Just wondering about the distraction machine; is it yours to keep, or do you have to send it back once you are finished lengthening?   I know that "precise device" has to be returned to the doctor, and I think you have to leave a deposit if you take it back with you to your home country.   

When are you supposed to return to Barcelona again?   

Devildog 0331

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2015, 06:39:36 PM »

Thank you for sharing your diary

I would like to know what was the price for a single room at MIC?

Were you given the option of the fitbone device being surgically inserted through the knee or hip?

Look foward to your progress and because of your diary I have decided to most likely change my mind from Dr. betz to Dr. Monegal.

Bohemia

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2015, 03:51:31 PM »

Good to hear things are going well for you.   Just wondering about the distraction machine; is it yours to keep, or do you have to send it back once you are finished lengthening?   I know that "precise device" has to be returned to the doctor, and I think you have to leave a deposit if you take it back with you to your home country.   

When are you supposed to return to Barcelona again?   

No idea, to be completely honest. I will simply leave on November 3 and the device comes with me so I can complete the last 1.5cm distraction in the USA.

Bohemia

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2015, 03:55:16 PM »

Thank you for sharing your diary

I would like to know what was the price for a single room at MIC?

Were you given the option of the fitbone device being surgically inserted through the knee or hip?

Look foward to your progress and because of your diary I have decided to most likely change my mind from Dr. betz to Dr. Monegal.

For an exact specific figure you will need to contact them. I believe in the 1250 range monthly.

I never asked about where to insert; I followed the prerogative of the doctor. He does it into the knee and avoids the patellar tendom somehow.

I know nothing about Dr. Betz. I consulted Dr. Paley and Monegal only. I do recommend this treatment with Dr. M. It did meet my needs.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2015, 04:02:02 PM »

Thank for the reply

How are you feeling overall?

Bohemia

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2015, 01:53:11 PM »

Bohemia

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »

Bohemia

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2015, 03:06:04 PM »

All of my pants have become small on me lengthwise.

Ozymandias

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2015, 06:51:21 PM »

Hey Bohemia,

The "walking 2 months post-surgery" video is just amazing. It seems that you are having a fantastic recovery. Congrats!  ;)

How does it feel when you lengthen with the transmisor? Does it hurts?

Uppland

« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2015, 07:25:34 PM »

How is the pain and discomfort so far?

Bohemia

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2015, 03:20:23 PM »

How does it feel when you lengthen with the transmisor? Does it hurts?

No, you feel only a slight awakening sensation in the thigh for a moment.

How is the pain and discomfort so far?

I have never felt any acute pain per se in this entire experience. However, the awkward discomfort arises once you complete stretching and lingers for an hour or so. And it also recurs while lying in bed in the same position for too long, thus, in the morning the leg feels like a zombie for a bit. lol

Dr. Monegal received an email from the general manager of Wittenstein—Roman Stauch—who asked that I remove my video where I demonstrated the doctor feature of Fitbone. He called it "misleading information" and said that it could cause "severe problems".

While I could decline, I have turned the video to private to honor his request, as a token of respect to Dr. Monegal.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2015, 07:08:10 PM »

Thanks for the update

How is your PT going how often do u hire your physical therapist? How would u rate it? Do you think you actually need a physical therapist or could u handle PT on your own?

Could u actually walk and go grocery shopping if u wanted to?

Thank you in advance for your service

Bohemia

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2015, 07:38:09 PM »

Thanks for the update

How is your PT going how often do u hire your physical therapist? How would u rate it? Do you think you actually need a physical therapist or could u handle PT on your own?

The radiologist at Clinica Diagonal also does the physiotheray for like $1500. You will meet every day for a while then once he believes you seem functional, he decreases to at least three per week. And he expects you to also do two sessions alone each day.

You absolutely cannot do this by yourself. The stretching, consulting, and observation he gives to you is utterly priceless.

Could u actually walk and go grocery shopping if u wanted to?

Thank you in advance for your service

No, not walk unaided; but with a walker or crutches, yes.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »

Thanks again,

How many mm are u lengthening per day I wasn't sure just saw the video once before u had to take it off

Good luck on your recovery u going to be home soon

bigdave

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »

Hi Bohemia!

I just wanted to say that I am really impressed by your attitude and good spirits. I have been reading this forum for a while and have yet to post, but your journal has been fascinating and very uplifting. Congratulations on all your progress and your photos look great. It looks like Dr. Monegal is an outstanding physician and really cares about his patients. I suppose when my work situation allows me to take some time off, I will definitely book a consultation with Dr. Monegal.

To that end, do you find that you are able to get any work done? I am not sure if you are taking time off or not, but could you put in 5 or 6 hours a day to work?

In any case, thank you so much for keeping a great journal! Keep up the great progress!

yagen

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2015, 08:13:26 AM »

Many thanks,

For all the info. Now you are going to departure from spain in the next days.

When will you able to drive your car?

Good trip

Bohemia

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2015, 02:06:24 PM »

Thanks again,

How many mm are u lengthening per day I wasn't sure just saw the video once before u had to take it off

Good luck on your recovery u going to be home soon

I do 1 mm per day (.99 mm exactly — 3 sessions of 11 intervals at .03 mm per interval)

Hi Bohemia!

I just wanted to say that I am really impressed by your attitude and good spirits. I have been reading this forum for a while and have yet to post, but your journal has been fascinating and very uplifting. Congratulations on all your progress and your photos look great. It looks like Dr. Monegal is an outstanding physician and really cares about his patients. I suppose when my work situation allows me to take some time off, I will definitely book a consultation with Dr. Monegal.

To that end, do you find that you are able to get any work done? I am not sure if you are taking time off or not, but could you put in 5 or 6 hours a day to work?

In any case, thank you so much for keeping a great journal! Keep up the great progress!

To be honest, I considered Spain the only realistic destination for me; I immediately ruled out Russia and India; Florida, New York, and California all overpriced; the only alternatives remaining were South Africa, Turkey, or South Korea, and none of these stuck out to me as ideal.

I would recommend you at least consult with Dr. Monegal. He will give you a conservative estimate of 6 cm, because he prefers safety. But if you insist a little bit he will do 8 cm.

I would say that the first three weeks (one in hospital, two in facility) you will prefer not to do a damned thing, besides watch Youtube and text message friends or family or whoever. Then, once you normalize in mood and discomfort, you absolutely can adhere to a strict schedule. The cafe here in the facility has free wifi and an espresso/juice bar—I sit here for three hours every day on my laptop (currently there now).

Many thanks,

For all the info. Now you are going to departure from spain in the next days.

When will you able to drive your car?

Good trip

When back in the United States, Dr. Monegal has advised me to use crutches, not a walker. Thus, I will drive as soon as I wish.

I have very muscular, thick, strong legs so Claudio and Monegal asked me to remain in the wheelchair for the full 2 months, so that once I landed in the USA, I could do crutches, instead of a walker. In other words, I sacrificed the walker here to give extra time for bone/muscle stabilization, so that when back in the States I can use only crutches. (If that makes sense)

yagen

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2015, 09:10:06 AM »

Many thanks for the answer, just 2 cm and you have finished the worst phase.

one question if you live in other country next to barcelona, do you think that you have to stay in the hospital for three months or how long had you been stayed in the hospital? one month, two month?

Do you have any ballerina foot?

Many thanks and much courage

Bohemia

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »

one question if you live in other country next to barcelona, do you think that you have to stay in the hospital for three months or how long had you been stayed in the hospital? one month, two month?

You reside in the clinic for 7 days, then they cab you to MIC, an apartment facility for the disabled. I believe Dr. Monegal like his patients to remain in Spain for at least 2 months. You can discuss these specifics with him though; he may give you an exception if you dwell in a neighboring country.

Quote from: yagen
Do you have any ballerina foot?

I have no discernible errors or defects at the moment, besides the normal tightness of lengthening.

Bohemia

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2015, 05:00:39 PM »

Dr. Monegal came to my room to say hello, and shot a few photos.

I definitely look larger, and this normalized my proportions. I believe in the past my femurs appeared too small.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »

I believe you look great you are definitely right about maybe your femurs looking small before surgery. Your legs in general look very appealing

Are you going to continue for 8cm?

Who will be taking care of you back in the states?

Uppland

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »

You look good but I would personally stop here. 2 more cm won't make a huge difference height wise but when you've already lengthened 6 cm it could mean a lot for your recovery and proportions.

That's just me though.

Bohemia

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »

I believe you look great you are definitely right about maybe your femurs looking small before surgery. Your legs in general look very appealing

Are you going to continue for 8cm?

Who will be taking care of you back in the states?

Yes.

Myself. Haha

You look good but I would personally stop here. 2 more cm won't make a huge difference height wise but when you've already lengthened 6 cm it could mean a lot for your recovery and proportions.

That's just me though.

Dr. Monegal and Claudio both also gently asked me to consider quitting at 6.

I declined though, because if I gave it up now, I know for a fact I would regret it until I die. I solmenly vowed to myself to complete the full Fitbone prior to agreeing to do this.

They did give their blessing on the 8 cm ultimately and deemed it safe due to my xrays and stretching capacity, etc.

Bohemia

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »

Double post.

Taller

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2015, 09:41:35 PM »

2CM is a lot in terms of height. Almost an inch. Your proportions look like they'd tolerate the full 8CM, so you're lucky in that regard. My own femurs would take 6-7 max.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »

Honestly do u feel 7cm is good enough for me I'm 163cm slightly shorter than u. Why did u decide 8cm is there a logic behind this

bigdave

• Visitor
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »

Bohemia you look great man! Congrats!

If I were in your position, I'd imagine wanting to go for the full 8cm as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up