Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266602 times)

Iamready

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2015, 03:20:07 AM »

Haven't posted in a while.  Here's an update.
At the end of the video i mention 8 cm don't get confused i'm talking about femurs.
Thanks

Ghostfish

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2015, 05:02:37 AM »

Hey Iamready

Sorry to hear that you have been suffering from difficulties and frustration in your lengthening.  I really hope you can reach your goal that is over 5 cm hopefully 6 cm.  In any case, you have already achieved quite impressive amount and your achievement is still on going.  So be strong and positive.  You will get where you want to be. 

I also want to tell you that I am quite impressed by your achievements beside ll.  You seem a quite successful business man.  That is great!!  You are still quite young!!  You will enjoy your tall height for a long time!!  I actually envy you that you can do ll at your age. I am getting too old for ll but haven't given it up. 

Hope you have a good holiday.

Just one question for you.  Are those problems from your boots common among other tibia patients?  My feet are also quite likely to have those problems.  My ankles are too big and my legs are bent.  I always have hard time with any boots.  Anyway, no matter what, this will not stop me though.

Alu

« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2015, 05:20:31 AM »

Hey Iamready,

Great video man, I mean it. Your insight into your reason for LL are ones that I can appreciate deeply like DITFM.

In regards to your goals, I think doing 5 CM on tibia is a good goal. Many of us here in the forum consider 5 cm on the tibia to be a safe limit; it's one where recovery is solid for the most part. Don't be discouraged by it, get to the 5 CM and don't become so picky over .something of a CM. The payout will come from the femurs.

This sort of brings me a point I've wanted to ask for awhile now but I was scared to ask considering how personal and subjective it can become. But how do you feel in regards to proportions? Considering your goal now seems to be 5+8=13CM, I myself wouldn't do so much because of proportion sakes (even though in regards to each segment, those numbers are good for recovery). I don't mean to sound discouraging but to me personally it does strike me as too much; for some perspective I've basically settled for 8 CM total (4+4) for proportional sake. What's your perspective on it?

Cheers, wish you a good holiday seasons and the best with LL.

ouroboros

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2015, 07:18:53 AM »

Appreciate the videos.....feel free to make videos and rant as much as you want.....seeing and hearing you is priceless to gauge how you are really feeling, which you wouldn't be able to describe in 100 pages of text.

Hang in there bro, you've come this far....one day at a time

DoingItForMe

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »

You sound a lot like me. Other patients while I was there also got bad news as well. With your work ethic, I believe that you can do 8 cm on your femurs. I'm not much younger than you, and I got to 8 cm because of all the stretching that I did. You may feel like crap now, but it gets much better once you're near completion or finish. You'll be much happier at your new height.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Iamready

« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2015, 12:48:53 AM »

PatientZero

« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2015, 01:12:16 AM »

Ok, so to the person asking about the pain; the truth is that my pain is limited to one leg.  That is my left leg.  My right leg feels as if nothing is happening where as my left feels everything from the lengthening to every second of wearing the dorsiflexion boot.  It's most painful at nights and especially when I wake up because I tend to wake up with cramps in my left calf and some ankle pains.  It's not a comfortable process but I also take the pain  meds as advised, really conservatively and try and suck it up.

Hey man, just got around to reading your posts. Just wanted to say theres other lengtheners suffering from similar issues across the world this moment.

My right leg has experienced 0 pain since first week in hospital and is breezing through distraction. Left leg had tremendous stretching pains on my abductor and knee, and have also forced me to do 0.5 on some days.

Take those painkillers and overcome!
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Iamready

« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »

Hey guys just downed a bottle of Gatorade after an intense session with my dad.  This is how I am going to get to 5cm.  Hard fking work.  No excuses, just lots of action and lots of results.  Failure is not an option.  This is my last chance.

First video is me in non depressed mode.  Finally you can see me happy and energetic as opposed to neutral or depressed.  The next video is my father exercising me.   It's not perfect form but we are working on it.
Thanks and Merry Holidays

alps

« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2015, 01:15:03 PM »

thanks for posting these videos man! really appreciate it!

PT doesn't seem too painful from the video :) I had thought people scream during physio :)

how would you have done that stretch if you were by yourself?

Iamready

« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »

I imagine femur patients scream during this stretch. The guy next to me yesterday was. I am more of the type of person who tears up at pain. I'm not vocal. I might punch myself or try to redirect the pain that's all.

goldenegg

« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »

Liking the attitude and videos.  I'm sure if you can keep up that dedication all throughout you'll do awesome.  best of luck man and happy holidays

Iamready

« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2015, 03:57:10 AM »

SAD; this video is in response to your question of how I would do the exercise by myself.
It requires you have a gait belt and a stretch-ez.
Here is a video demonstrating poor technique.  Always keep your legs straight.  The benefit of taping myself is seeing where my form is improper.  Enjoy

Alu

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2015, 04:30:06 AM »

I have to ask you, how's your new living quarters? Do you find it better then Homewood suites (I think that was the hotel)? Also what's day to day life like other there?

I'm curious because from the videos I find that place to seem like a small comfy place to stay at; although it might be depressingly lonely.

(And real quick as of today how many CM total are have you done?)

Thanks for the videos man you're providing an amazing view into day to day life better then a lot of people have.

alps

« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2015, 05:49:03 AM »

thanks man!

really appreciate it

Iamready

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »

To Alu this ones for you.

Iamready

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »

The video cuts off short because the memory card ran out.  I was basically saying that people are apprehensive about getting their tibia lengthened internally because of some rumors of knee pains or complications and that the Paley Institute can really become the go to place for internal tibia if they make some key changes.   I don't know their business plan but if they want to expand their cosmetic limb lengthening business I could sit with them and give them my input in private.  And even at the end of this if they are able to get me to 5cm after all is said and done and I have a successful femur operation which I am sure I will after seeing all the patients come and go with no issues there I would be proud to put a testimonial on their site that despite having a tight Achilles they worked with me to get to my goal, they listened to my input on allowing me a chance to try a custom boot to gain or maintain flexibility and I went on to safely lengthen my femurs.  This is the institute I chose.  I am sticking with my choice.  And I look forward to a complication free femur Lengthening. 

Good Day all and it's time for stretches.

Alu

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »

Sweet thanks for input on your perspective mate. Keep it up!

Also did I type D? I meant vagina   ::)

Iamready

« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »

I made the video private because ALU saw it and I realized I was ranting too much and didn't like the negative vibe.  The gist is that if you want to be around people who are in a similar experience as yourself stay at home wood suites.  If you are a loner or have an easy time with the operation- for example someone looking for an easy goal of 5cm on femurs by all means move into an apartment but all said and done I regret moving to an apartment because I thought I was going to have a easy breezy time lengthening and unfortunately life didn't unfold that way.

Iamready

« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2015, 04:03:22 AM »

Quick Update:
Got my casts redone today because I think it's something they remove and check on a weekly basis.  All is good and i'm continuing lengthening. Hopefully to 5cm.  Here are some pics.  One is of me in the wild, you can see was an added 3.8cm looks like.  The other is my morning routine before I go to pt.  I use 2 Stretch-EZ and a Gait Belt around my midsection.  I also use my arms to pull for added force.  The main drawback of being in a cast is you may get tight knees so you counter it by straightening your knees with exercises such as this. Sorry about the dildos in the background.  All Christmas presents I swear.
 Enjoy and happy new year.

Alu

« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2015, 04:37:23 AM »

I can see you at least got creative when covering your face...

Anyways it still amazes me how relatively normal legs can look even as you're mechanically lengthening them. Keep it up!

alps

« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2015, 06:07:10 AM »

your femurs seem more atrophied than your tibiae.

Ghostfish

« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2015, 06:11:10 AM »

Hi Iamready

Thanks for your videos, photos, and answers.  They are so helpful and very inspiring.
I really hope you can reach your goal!  Happy new year!

Iamready

« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2015, 12:30:56 PM »

Both femurs and and tibia are skinny as they'll ever be. But believe me my thighs are lean and strong right now from all the exercises I have been doing.  I also use a muscle simulator on my quads.  They are just skinny but I'd say with the cast the muscles in my tibia have been weakened and when they stretched me for the first time when they took the cast off I felt the difference.  I also build muscle very quickly because of the makeup of my body so it will be interesting to keep you guys posted on the recovery of my tibia's while I do my femur.  I'm even worried if the lean muscle on my thighs that I have been developing will cause me more pain during the lengthening.  Keep posted!

Peaceout

« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:57 PM »

Watched all videos,great diary!
So when will you stop lengthening tibias, after like 10-15 days from now?

Iamready

« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2015, 12:24:42 AM »

Could be any time from a week to over a month.  Basically the cast keeps my dorsiflexion from going below zero.  If I can withstand the casts, I can continue lengthening at .25mm a day, making me 5mm taller exactly the day before my femur operation- Feb 18.

Iamready

« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2016, 04:45:28 AM »

2 new vids up to start the NEW YEAR.

blahblah

« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2016, 04:30:50 AM »

I F*cking knew it!!!!! vampires do exist!!!!!!! ;P I commend you my friend for staying true to yourself.

Peaceout

« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2016, 07:09:09 PM »

Im glad you are doing better.I have the same thoughts with you,i would be honest about this with people around me.I mean i didnt choose my f*cking genes.And now im trying to improve myself :P
And im wondering something abou your proportions,what is your wingspan?(since your goal is not a small amount)

ortholengthening

« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »

props to you for being honest and strong.

how many weeks has it been since your surgery and how many cm have you gained thus far?

Iamready

« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2016, 08:24:03 PM »

Im glad you are doing better.I have the same thoughts with you,i would be honest about this with people around me.I mean i didnt choose my f*cking genes.And now im trying to improve myself :P
And im wondering something abou your proportions,what is your wingspan?(since your goal is not a small amount)

I don't know what my wingspan is. I'm not really a proportion nazi.  I'm just trying to get taller.  If my arms look short so be it, i'm sure there will be internal arm lengthening and I could get that fixed later. 

I also have very large hands and feet, but to be honest I never even look at people's arms and compare it to their bodies.  I guess if I start looking in the mirror and notice my arms looking like a t-rex I always could stop the lengthening. 

Iamready

« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2016, 08:26:27 PM »

props to you for being honest and strong.

how many weeks has it been since your surgery and how many cm have you gained thus far?

It's been a little over 2 months and i'm only 1.6 inches taller because they are lengthening me at the slowest rate possible because of how tight I am.  The femurs may be quicker but I can't see into the future. I may have to lengthen the femurs at a slow rate as well.  Most people would be around 2 inches or more taller in the tibias at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25   Go Up