Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266574 times)

Iamready

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2016, 11:27:41 PM »

Here is my latest x-ray . I'm closing in on a total of 3 inches soon enough and it's noticeable. It's definitely a driving force.

Hey Guys,
I actually recorded a video a few days ago and decided not to post it because while it had great info and explanations, there were a lot of times I got emotional.  Reason being, I see how much I have hurt my parents when they see me in such discomfort and I am a very sensitive person when it comes to my family so i'm going to try to edit that video and keep in the relevant parts.  I'm taking the pain killers once a day now for pt which is all sorts of crazy, especially since I have been through pt for such a long time. It becomes tiresome and you just wish for a break but ultimately this is what I asked for and I knew what difficulties could arise from this.  The best attitude I can have is to become a stronger person- pardon the cliche- and pass on my perspective to other prospective patients about how difficult two surgeries back to back can be.

I think now besides the difficulties peeing- which i notice has become easier- but not yet ok- is the burning and tinging in my toes from my nerve decompression release.  This is an operation that is done to prevent dropped foot so in essence my foot is feeling things it did not feel before or perhaps had lost sensation and is now regaining it.  So it's a bit like walking in a sock filled with lemon juice after you've run a marathon through the sand.  It really gets ridiculous when I start listing off my issues because you would think with such a harsh time during my tibia lengthening I would be iron clad but holy fk it seems the god I don't believe in is trying his best to punish me for wanting average height.  :)

As far as Paley, look there's a reason he recommends people do the femurs first and I remember one of the doctors telling me once i finish the tibia's there is no way i'll return for a second op. Ha.

Iamready

« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2016, 12:54:08 AM »

this should have been posted above.

Nightwish

« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2016, 02:08:50 AM »

Those prices  :o

I'll tell you what though dude, you are an absolute trooper and your vlogs are absolutely fantastic. So much respect.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

goldenegg

« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »

there's nothing wrong with being emotional and thanks for the honest update.  it's important for prospective patients to see in diaries the bad times too, not just the good times.

I only did femurs and your video brought back how miserable and regretful I was right after the surgery-  thinking what the hec I had done to myself and the pain I've intentionally inflicted upon myself.  Fortunately, those dark days are a distant memory for me now and I hope the pain will soon be a distant memory for you too.  stay strong

yagen

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »

you are very brave!!!! Its awesome what you are doing.

Listen to your body, listen to your parents, our shelfishness is too high.

Weight the pros and cons.

I wish you the best

willsa

« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »

Wow, you are extremely brave man. Thank you very much for sharing your journey with us. I feel like every diary I've read at one point mentions how they somewhat regret doing it, but once things start getting better they feel better again. You're at the worst part and already halfway through. It'll start to get better soon just like the tibias.

Keep us posted whenever you're feeling like it man! Don't become a ghost :)

Ghostfish

« Reply #316 on: March 13, 2016, 04:19:35 AM »

Hi Iamready

I am glad to hear back from you again and sorry for your extreme pain.  You are really a brave man.  Right now, don't worry about anything.  Just be strong and take care of yourself.  Although I have not done ll yet, I can tell you that it will be always getting better and better every single day.  Stay strong!! 

AimHigh

« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2016, 04:39:28 AM »

Full Respect - One year ago during my (single)  fitbone femur 6 cm lengthening, I had so many plans - Study,Books,learn another language, spend lotsa time with family etc - but i was in too much pain to do any of that.
But after about 5 months things just got better and better - dont b too hard on yourself, this will make u a more compassionate Man, and u will come to apreciate Family, the ability to move freely and life in general all the more ☺☺
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

TIBIKE200

« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2016, 12:59:31 AM »

If the immense suffering and psycological burden that comes with it will continue, I advise you to stop femurs at 5-6cm mark. You will gain atleast 10cm! It will be a whole new world for you and the recovery will also be good because of only 5cm or 6cm on femurs
I learned some stuff during this time

Iamready

« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »

toafrica

« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »

Hey bro, hang on there. I'm currently doing my femurs with precice and there are days where I can't just move because of pain. You're really strong to work out with so much pain. Keep pushing. I some months it will be over. We'll get through this. Feel free to PM off you wanna talk

spaghetti743

« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2016, 06:56:03 PM »

You've come this far if you don't see it through till the end you are likely to regret this later in life. Just my opinion. Wish you the best.

applesandoranges

« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »

very authentic video. thanks for sharing! just wondering if you're going to post that pic up because I didn't see it in the vid! hope everything's alright dude

Iamready

« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2016, 10:23:03 PM »

best i could do

chineseguy

« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2016, 05:38:26 AM »

is your arms noticeable like shorter

alps

« Reply #325 on: March 20, 2016, 05:57:13 AM »

wow that is a super significant increase! how many cms are you at exactly?

you're a warrior mate! inspiring stuff.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #326 on: March 20, 2016, 06:13:15 AM »

I believe this is with 6-7cm difference?

Iamready

« Reply #327 on: March 20, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »

this is a 7.5cm increase.  my arms are bent when i hold the walker so they appear shorter.

Iamready

« Reply #328 on: March 20, 2016, 09:07:11 AM »

I just stood on the walker and let one arm fall. The arm length will reach around the first cross bar of the walker.

Iamready

« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2016, 09:13:13 AM »

I'm also using the exogen everyday on the tibias so they can consolidate by the time my femurs are lengthened and I can weight bear at 75 pounds per leg at that point and move onto crutches.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »

perspectivly, now that you stand near your dad (your pre LL height if I am not mistaken) does 3 inches look like a very big difference? I mean, does he appear alot shorter to you or just a little bit short?

jaymorgan712

« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »

So you grew 5.5 centimetres in the tibia, and how much do you plan to lengthen in the femur?

By the way, you're doing a way better job than me mate! So well done on getting through this!
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

Iamready

« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »

I plan on getting 7 on the femurs.  That's of course if everything goes well.  3 inches feels a lot.  It feels a lot more than me in lifts did standing next to him.  I imagine every inch from here i'll feel like i'm towering over him. i can see over his head at this height.

my main source of main is the tingling in my feet from the nerve release.  It's a little unsettling since the meds they gave me don't work and I have no idea when it will stop.  If i even move my feet or my toes i get a horrible shock.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2016, 02:42:14 PM »

I plan on getting 7 on the femurs.  That's of course if everything goes well.  3 inches feels a lot.  It feels a lot more than me in lifts did standing next to him.  I imagine every inch from here i'll feel like i'm towering over him. i can see over his head at this height.

my main source of main is the tingling in my feet from the nerve release.  It's a little unsettling since the meds they gave me don't work and I have no idea when it will stop.  If i even move my feet or my toes i get a horrible shock.

Did you inquire Paley about it? I would also suggest you to ask a neurologist. You are the first who is describing this thing

Iamready

« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »

Paley said it is normal and its the irritation of the nerves,  Even my pt says he has seen several cases and some way worse that eventually went away,   So no, i'm not the first person who got a nerve decompression and experienced this. It's more likely no one on the board had this procedure done. 

TIBIKE200

« Reply #335 on: March 20, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »

Paley said it is normal and its the irritation of the nerves,  Even my pt says he has seen several cases and some way worse that eventually went away,   So no, i'm not the first person who got a nerve decompression and experienced this. It's more likely no one on the board had this procedure done.

Still, it is always good to get a second opinion (A thing I learned in med school)

jaymorgan712

« Reply #336 on: March 20, 2016, 04:14:00 PM »

Well done mate! You have no idea how better you will feel after all of this!

In your experience there, how many people were making it to 5 centimetres in the tibia? Amazes me how fast the tibia resists after 5!
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

alps

« Reply #337 on: March 20, 2016, 04:45:15 PM »

why was nerve decompression done anyway? did you have nerve damage during tibial lengthening?

Iamready

« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2016, 05:42:54 PM »

i believe it's done to prevent foot drop and to also allow me to reach a goal on my femurs without damaging the nerves.

alps

« Reply #339 on: March 20, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »

oh it was done proactively?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #340 on: March 20, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »

How can you decompress an uncomressed nerve?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Up