Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 267224 times)

CCMidwest

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #558 on: August 02, 2016, 06:12:58 PM »

Talking about wearing tall shoes and boots and what not...I guess I gotta ask:

Do you still feel short?
5'7.5

Alu

« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »

Love hearing from ya always man! Favorite diary in the forum.

Thanks for going out of your way and getting the opinions of others; reasures me as much as it might reasure others!

Keep it up buddy! Be careful out there.

Iamready

« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »

I'm going to give it to you honest.  The main reason I brought up the shoes is because I have a big expensive shoe collection.  All of those shoes were purchased with the intent of making me appear taller.  It may seem irrational but now I have a crap ton of shoes that are barely used and look too amazing to just be be sitting around.  I favor flat shoes but there's still a part of me that feels guilty for not using the pairs in my collection.

I'm glad you asked if I still feel short.  I feel average.  So you have to ask yourself, after you have gotten limb lengthening, are you content with being average?

CCMidwest

« Reply #561 on: August 02, 2016, 06:29:38 PM »

Haha, well...I'm in boots from Santoni today so..., I understand the shoe thing.

Average is good.
5'7.5

EndGame

« Reply #562 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:26 AM »

I'm glad you asked if I still feel short.  I feel average.  So you have to ask yourself, after you have gotten limb lengthening, are you content with being average?

You've got Moxy :)!!! Instead of getting your rods removed in a year, you could go and max out to the full 8cm on each instead ;).... That's not a suggestion lol, but having experienced LL you certainly would know if it's worth it to you or not.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #563 on: August 03, 2016, 09:18:27 AM »

16cm in total? That would be proportional suicide.

Iamready

« Reply #564 on: August 05, 2016, 03:41:48 AM »

No worries.  Not going to be maxing out.  Anyway, I still walk like a robot but I thought it would be cool to post this and we can compare how much I improve over time.  The calf muscles filled in relatively quickly but my thigh muscles and especially my ass are no where to be found.  It honestly sucks not having a butt.  Sorry if I haven't gotten back to all the personal messages. Eventually I will. 
Edit:  Decided to hold off till I make some corrections in my walk.  I just noticed.

Iamready

« Reply #565 on: August 06, 2016, 12:21:53 AM »

Here's a vid of my walking progress.  My left side is worse than the right because everything on that side is hiked up.  It's a muscle imbalance that will hopefully take care of itself without therapy and what not.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #566 on: August 06, 2016, 12:54:44 AM »

It looks a little stiff but i hope it will wear off with time.

Btw you look great, definitely one of my favourite diaries(probably because im similar with height, proportions and goal).

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #567 on: August 06, 2016, 01:43:13 AM »

A little stiff, but your proportions look fantastic! I know you told me I look fine when we met, but I must applaud you on choosing to do both segments. It's the only way to look this good.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Alu

« Reply #568 on: August 06, 2016, 04:08:24 AM »

Thanks for the update! And nice... you finally started editing your videos lol

A little stiff, but your proportions look fantastic! I know you told me I look fine when we met, but I must applaud you on choosing to do both segments. It's the only way to look this good.

Huh what a revelation...

alps

« Reply #569 on: August 06, 2016, 08:36:39 AM »

way to go, big man!

Polycrates.

« Reply #570 on: August 06, 2016, 09:23:34 AM »

Thanks for the update! And nice... you finally started editing your videos lol

Huh what a revelation...

For most on here it is.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

hype88

« Reply #571 on: August 06, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »

Looking good mate! Must be an amazing feeling to be standing at that height:) are you able to get around relatively easy? Have you noticed a change in people now that your taller? I would imagine you'd be more confident!

Iamready

« Reply #572 on: August 06, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »

First, thanks.
Polycrates- I couldn't tell you got the surgery at all.  I think once you are on this forum long enough you start paying attention to specific body parts of people rather than the sum of their parts and you become more critical of yourself and others. 

I used the youtube edit function.

Getting around is a lot easier.  I use a mixture of walking and walker day to day.  I wish I could say with certainty that the reason i'm getting so much attention is because i'm taller but since I use the walker it might be because some women feel a need to take care of a guy in need.  I really don't want to sound over confident, delusional, cky, but I've never had it so easy with girls as I have now and in the past few weeks since I've been more mobile.  I didn't even think a hot 18 year old would sleep with a guy who uses a walker but it's happened more than once already and honestly there is quite a selection.  Like I said, who knows, it might be because i'm so vulnerable now and not because of the height but the latest girl was a hair taller than me and if I was still 5 foot 5 it would have likely limited my selection.  In terms of other guys, one thing I noticed is that I get a bit more respect.  Unfortunately it seems that we are wired that way but it's not such a huge deal to me.  Right now i'm more focused on the additional selection of females I have unlocked, and honestly it's becoming a little stressful.  I really don't want this post to seem like i'm bragging; my only intent is to share an honest account of what is happening, and maybe i'm just a little shocked or overexcited about what has been happening.

If you are curious where I have had so much luck meeting girls in the past few weeks, it's actually at my apartment complex.  It's a huge place with several different social areas where people hang out during the day and night and it gives me a great opportunity to be active and meet people without having to leave my home.  And instead of lying to people or telling them I got limb lengthening off the bat I just say that I am recovering from broken legs and I prefer not to talk about that period of my life.  Everyone shuts the fk up after that.

Arch

« Reply #573 on: August 06, 2016, 07:02:38 PM »

You look great, just be patience and heal it up my friend!

You've had a very good LL story, I'm so glad you finally got to be yourself :)

TIBIKE200

« Reply #574 on: August 06, 2016, 09:20:46 PM »

I would say its the height+confidence. Enjoy it. You earned it
I learned some stuff during this time

hype88

« Reply #575 on: August 07, 2016, 08:40:01 PM »

Mate honestly job well done! Your struggles are all worth it, so I hope you can go on living the life you deserve! I can't wait to do the same thing as you. I'll keep you posted, and if I go through we should meet up. It would be good to have a friend over there that's already done it!

Lgazer

« Reply #576 on: August 07, 2016, 10:34:43 PM »

Congratulations Iamready
One question: we have recently read some horror stories about Paley. What would you say about those? Have you seen patients with serious complications? There are some in the internet.
Cheers

EndGame

« Reply #577 on: August 09, 2016, 04:09:46 AM »

Fantastic! While not 100% normal, it's so good I'm surprised you still need to use the walker much at all. No duck ass that could see. Congrats!

How often do you need to do stretching at this point? Only once a day or even less?

EndGame

« Reply #578 on: August 09, 2016, 04:20:12 AM »

Also, congrats on getting so much action now that you are just a little mobile. I'm curious, as it's a large apartment complex you've met them at, would you say it's more women who had seen you before and recognized you from pre-LL days but didn't give you the time of day back then? Or more women who are new to the building or had simply never seen you before?

Alu

« Reply #579 on: August 10, 2016, 12:06:30 AM »

Hey I got a quick questions whenever you can: How do you feel you look when you tuck in your shirt? And, ever lay down and just feel like you have really long legs, as if that was a negative thing?

These questions are all about your self-perception; trying to like get into your mentality I would say lol..

Cheers!

Iamready

« Reply #580 on: August 12, 2016, 02:49:15 AM »

Thanks again.

I have answered all your questions below.

How do I feel I look with a tucked shirt?  Here's a vid with your answer. I'm still a bit stiff without the physical therapy but it's improving.
I watched over the vid and I misspoke.  I didn't mean it's better than being short, I meant I like it better than when I was shorter. Sorry if I offended anyone.

When I first came back from Florida and my legs were incredibly thin, I was turned off by how spider like they were.  But now that they have thickened up, particularly the tibias, my legs are the favorite part of my body.

About the Paley horror stories.  It's not the most organized place and complications happen but everyone I know of came out ok after all was said and done.  Just save extra money because not all the lengthening's go perfectly, especially with Tibia.  Even after all that I went through, I really don't know of any other place I would have trusted for this surgery. 

I used to go to physical therapy 4 times a week and they would stretch me.  But since I am back to working and sitting in an office chair, my progress is slowing down, and that's ok because I know eventually I will be 100%, I just have other priorities now.  I don't really stretch
but I try and practice walking as much as I can.

I'm new to the building so these girls have never met me before.  I'd say the shorter ones would have still liked me pre ll, and the only thing that has changed is my chances with the taller girls.  I am hooking up with someone who is 5 foot 9, perhaps she wouldn't have been attracted to me if I was still 5 foot 5. 

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:29:20 AM by Iamready »

Polycrates.

« Reply #581 on: August 12, 2016, 03:22:52 AM »

Looking good you handsome sob. You don't look disproportional at all and your gait is phenomenal. Congrats on all the action you're getting, I wish I could be so fortunate, lol. Kinda makes me wanna do femurs to even out my legs.

Iamready

« Reply #582 on: August 12, 2016, 03:34:40 AM »

Thanks Polycrates.  If you want to be fortunate with the ladies, get yourself a walker, it's better than having a puppy when it comes to meeting women.  You don't need the femurs to even out, even though I respect whatever decision you make.  When I met you I 100%- on my life- could not tell that you got limb lengthening.  And you were tall as fk.  So go get them.

Polycrates.

« Reply #583 on: August 12, 2016, 03:38:06 AM »

Height aside, my life is in the proverbial gutter right now (lost job, lost apartment, lost car). Just proof to those on the forum you need more than height to be successful in life's endeavors. I'll recover in time though, and thanks for the kind words.

Alu

« Reply #584 on: August 12, 2016, 04:22:47 AM »

Thanks again.

I have answered all your questions below.

How do I feel I look with a tucked shirt?  Here's a vid with your answer. I'm still a bit stiff without the physical therapy but it's improving.
I watched over the vid and I misspoke.  I didn't mean it's better than being short, I meant I like it better than when I was shorter. Sorry if I offended anyone.

When I first came back from Florida and my legs were incredibly thin, I was turned off by how spider like they were.  But now that they have thickened up, particularly the tibias, my legs are the favorite part of my body.

About the Paley horror stories.  It's not the most organized place and complications happen but everyone I know of came out ok after all was said and done.  Just save extra money because not all the lengthening's go perfectly, especially with Tibia.  Even after all that I went through, I really don't know of any other place I would have trusted for this surgery. 

I used to go to physical therapy 4 times a week and they would stretch me.  But since I am back to working and sitting in an office chair, my progress is slowing down, and that's ok because I know eventually I will be 100%, I just have other priorities now.  I don't really stretch
but I try and practice walking as much as I can.

I'm new to the building so these girls have never met me before.  I'd say the shorter ones would have still liked me pre ll, and the only thing that has changed is my chances with the taller girls.  I am hooking up with someone who is 5 foot 9, perhaps she wouldn't have been attracted to me if I was still 5 foot 5.

Glad you feel that way. You look really good man. In fact, besides the arms thing (which still honestly is my biggest area of scrutiny) you actually remind my of 5'8 friend who also has a very simlar build to you. Thinking about it, I feel like I would actually like that body type; there is something really good looking about having long limbs.

Thanks as always for your response!

Iamready

« Reply #585 on: August 12, 2016, 05:50:45 AM »

Sorry to hear that Poly.
Thanks Alu. Np
My legs look nice in the video; the camera was sitting on my couch.  My dad took these 2 from his eye line- about 5 foot 6-, you can see him in the mirror.  It seems like the camera angle really influences how long they appear.  Also it could be the Iphone lens because my head looks big in these.  I really prefer how they look in the video.   
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:53:40 AM by Iamready »

Iamready

« Reply #586 on: August 12, 2016, 04:56:23 PM »

One thing I have been meaning to ask Limb Lengthening veterans- in case you happen to be reading; how long did it take to get your ass back?  I'd say my calf muscles are fully formed already but my thigh area and butt are very thin still.  Were you able to get the butt and thigh to pre limb lengthening size?  I've also noticed that I lost a lot of my upper body strength as well.  I can do unlimited dips because of the walker but I tried doing pull ups for the first time since surgery and I can barely do 1.  It's pretty shocking since I was always able to do at least 10 pull-ups without having been to the gym in a while.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #587 on: August 12, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

One thing I have been meaning to ask Limb Lengthening veterans- in case you happen to be reading; how long did it take to get your ass back?  I'd say my calf muscles are fully formed already but my thigh area and butt are very thin still.  Were you able to get the butt and thigh to pre limb lengthening size?  I've also noticed that I lost a lot of my upper body strength as well.  I can do unlimited dips because of the walker but I tried doing pull ups for the first time since surgery and I can barely do 1.  It's pretty shocking since I was always able to do at least 10 pull-ups without having been to the gym in a while.

The vast difference between your calves and fems glutes is because your calfs are always working when you walk and because they are also under constant tension due to the complex tendons.. Its not only hypertrophy but also some minor form of fibrosis in that area.
 about glutes and fems, from ll vets who i got their contact, it takes a while to get those back...
I learned some stuff during this time

Iamready

« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2016, 05:55:47 PM »

Thanks, I believe the info about the calf muscles because they grew very quickly and I have a feeling they are going to be huge.  But of course huge calf muscles would look odd with thin thighs so I need to work the thigh out a lot and asap.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Up