Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anger Issues  (Read 25486 times)

An_Apple_A_Day

Anger Issues
« on: September 27, 2013, 06:53:02 PM »

I think some individuals should think very hard about what they are planning to do on this forum.  There is a lot of hate circulating and people are suggesting going to extreme lengths (threats of violence, national news, posting personal information, etc...) How is any of this beneficial to any of us as potential leg lengthening patients?

I am keeping neutral in all of this   as much as possible but I feel as a forum LL Forum is getting off on the wrong foot big time.  Whatever has happened on old forum  it is still the biggest site on the net for information about LL.  There are thousands of posts from thousands of users.  If SysOp pulls the plug we all lose that.  If this   gets on national news because some nut job attacks SysOp or reports the old forum  site, you can bet this new forum will be dragged through the mud as a result and we will all look like delusional psychotics.

Currently of the 15 or so posts on this forum 6 are bitch fests about old forum  or its members.  Who gives a  ?  Just roll it into one thread and let the rest of the forum grow into the knowledge base it should be.  Seeing the users act like complete children does not look good at all.  There isn't even a single completed diary on here yet.

LL Forum has about 8 years to catch up on old forum , this can be done by structuring the site in such as a way as to provide excellent LL knowledge through decent research and doctor consultations backed up by patient diaries one by one as members do the surgery.

It is very hard to take this forum seriously in it's present state.

REMEMBER THIS.

If old forum  goes because some individuals are butt hurt.  We lose perhaps one of the most important sources of information about LL on the internet.  Love or Hate SysOp there are well over a hundred diaries on old forum , good and bad.  With just about every possible scenario discussed with advice from veterans and patients given in response.

There are thousands of threads discussing new, old and potential Dr's.

There are hundreds of questions and discussions about LL and matters surrounding it.

Right now, to be blunt, this forum has  .

I can't be the only one to be gutted if old forum  goes down and all we have left for help and advice is this place?

Seriously guys.  Sort it out. 

alps

Re: Anger Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »

What about all the people who google "limb lengthening", end up in old forum , believe it, and go to those doctors? What about the complications they might face?

Carter

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »

I can also see that you are primarily concerned about yourself, alot of your fears seem to be related to your own self. I'm sorry dude, but you come off as a selfish prick.  I don't see you as neutral, more like somebody who's is driven by fear and lack any rationale thinking.

Also to add on, if old forum  goes down, who gives a  ?   That site is ran as an marketing portal by a small group of people to make money with fake information and controlled opinions.  Can you grasp what that means as a patient ?

You want to do LL surgery?  Have you got the money and time?  If you do, then what else do you really need?  Pick a doctor from the recommended list since you buy into that and do it.   

You sound like you have read most sections of the old forum  website enough, so what else do you need?  Seriously.

Apotheosis will always threaten to take down the site, but you know something?  That dude depends on that site for a living, you're a fool if you even believe a word he says at this point.

Snivy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »

Nice try Apo/Sys

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »

What about all the people who google "limb lengthening", end up in old forum , believe it, and go to those doctors? What about the complications they might face?

Tell me right now what is the alternative?

Short support?  With links to some of the worst doctors you could possibly do the surgery with?

Or this place, where the majority of people are irate that some other site may or may not be prejudice and the actual information about Leg Lengthening amounts to about 5 posts and the majority of the members have not even had LL yet?

Are you so blind as to not see the value of all the information on old forum ?  Despite the drama it is unrivaled for information.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 07:22:54 PM »

kinglee

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »

hahaha.....i  think you are sysop

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »

hahaha.....i  think you are sysop

You are free to think that.

Carter

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

If this   gets on national news because some nut job attacks SysOp or reports the old forum  site, you can bet this new forum will be dragged through the mud as a result and we will all look like delusional psychotics.

Seriously, if this is reported in the media, people will just recognize that there are some really shady people running old forum  behind the scenes. 

It;s like if there's a site that exposes scam, people will say the exact same things (find the scammer, report him to police/media),  do you think those people come off as psychotics?    I think you are the delusional one.

alps

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »

What use is a board that shows distorted information? I mean if LL in *reality* has 70% cases of complications think of how many people would just back out? My only (and many others') source of info about LL is old forum . I had believed everything it had said till now. But if it is just trying to show "merry" stories in hope of "pushing" LL, what is the use?

The admin *edits* posts like he wants and posts as other people. Seriously.

About losing information, what have you to say about saving the site for offline viewing?

Snivy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

What use is a board that shows distorted information? I mean if LL in *reality* has 70% cases of complications think of how many people would just back out? My only (and many others') source of info about LL is old forum . I had believed everything it had said till now. But if it is just trying to show "merry" stories in hope of "pushing" LL, what is the use?

About losing information, what have you to say about saving the site for offline viewing?

Well to be fair, you have all the posts before that good for nothing piece of   took over.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 08:56:27 PM »

Read above, how the hell do you do that and still keep it actually usable?  I.e Search by keyword, by user post, by date, etc?

I could screen shot every page but if you can search than of what use is it?  How will you look anything up?

Or I could copy and paste every post myself, and then re-up it all which would take an ice age.

Or alternatively, we simply just leave it there and make an alternative community as strong as possible.

Muse

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 08:58:14 PM »

I think you should think very hard about what some users are planning to do on this forum.  There is a lot of hate circulating and people are suggesting going to extreme lengths (threats of violence, national news, posting personal information, etc...) How is any of this beneficial to any of us as potential leg lengthening patients?

I am keeping neutral in all of this   as much as possible but I feel as a forum LL Forum is getting off on the wrong foot big time.  Whatever has happened on old forum  it is still the biggest site on the net for information about LL.  There are thousands of posts from thousands of users.  If SysOp pulls the plug we all lose that.  If this   gets on national news because some nut job attacks SysOp or reports the old forum  site, WE ALL GET HARMED.  Plus you can bet this new forum will be dragged through the mud as a result and we will all look like delusional psychotics.

Currently of the 15 or so posts on this forum 6 are bitch fests about old forum  or the members.  Who gives a  ?  Just roll it into one thread and let the rest of the forum grow into the knowledge base it should be.  Seeing the users act like complete children does not look good at all.  There isn't even a single completed diary on here yet.

LL Forum has about 8 years to catch up on, this can be done by structuring the site in such as a way as to provide excellent LL knowledge through decent research and doctor consultations backed up by patient diaries one by one as members do the surgery.

Well my opinion is that alot of the negative emotions are understandable, considering what was exposed about Make Me Taller's owner, his actions and agenda.  It's natural that people are upset or angry when they felt lied to, considering all the money and risks involved in the surgery.

It's entirely their own decisions if they wish to take action via legal or media outlets. Also don't take everything you read literally on the internet when it comes to promise of violence. 

Do I feel Apotheosis should be accountable?  Yes, it's a matter of principle and the bigger picture.  If more people are aware that there are potential traps in LL industry, then it helps them too.   

I'm sorry but you can't convince me on that it is the right thing to keep quiet when something borderline criminal is going on, with people's well-being at risk.  Patients are being sent to unqualified doctor because of fake diary with glowing review, just because there's financial reasons to do so. 

I think there will be people who love or hate this forum,  it's their own choice who to contribute to.  I think it's a big pity that Apotheosis has abused all of the trust and credibility built up for his own selfish agenda.

I suppose you meant "ALL GET HARMED"  as in more people will be exposed to LL right?  Well, Apotheosis already done that with his national interviews.   There's no denying that LL is getting more mainstream, you can find reports about it on alot of news outlets.   

There are already people archiving old forum  since Apotheosis is deleting stuff regularly,  I also have confidence that the knowledge and contribution of this community will help patients choose a safe doctor and understand what they are going through.

I think the forum is doing fine, maybe it's too early to write us off after one week? 

There's no way we will have diaries all over the place right away, it takes time. Some people were even skeptical about what we actually meant at first.  New people are joining and slowly information related to Limb Lengthening is building up.   

None of us are being paid to do this full time as a job, so it's a very organic kind of development driven by members.  I don't really wish to censor things here, as this is a community driven forum.  People can make up their own minds about what they agree or disagree on.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:03:42 PM by Admin »

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 09:02:11 PM »

Well to be fair, you have all the posts before that good for nothing piece of   took over.

Exactly.  And many of the posts are still valid.  No one has edited any of my posts where I have discussed research.

Editing has taken place.  I'm never gonna argue counter to that.  But there is still plenty of useful information on the site.  Thank you for actually seeing it's worth.  Felt like I was alone for a moment there!

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »

I think you should think very hard about what some users are planning to do on this forum.  There is a lot of hate circulating and people are suggesting going to extreme lengths (threats of violence, national news, posting personal information, etc...) How is any of this beneficial to any of us as potential leg lengthening patients?

I am keeping neutral in all of this   as much as possible but I feel as a forum LL Forum is getting off on the wrong foot big time.  Whatever has happened on old forum  it is still the biggest site on the net for information about LL.  There are thousands of posts from thousands of users.  If SysOp pulls the plug we all lose that.  If this   gets on national news because some nut job attacks SysOp or reports the old forum  site, WE ALL GET HARMED.  Plus you can bet this new forum will be dragged through the mud as a result and we will all look like delusional psychotics.

Currently of the 15 or so posts on this forum 6 are bitch fests about old forum  or the members.  Who gives a  ?  Just roll it into one thread and let the rest of the forum grow into the knowledge base it should be.  Seeing the users act like complete children does not look good at all.  There isn't even a single completed diary on here yet.

LL Forum has about 8 years to catch up on, this can be done by structuring the site in such as a way as to provide excellent LL knowledge through decent research and doctor consultations backed up by patient diaries one by one as members do the surgery.

Well my opinion is that alot of the negative emotions are understandable, considering what was exposed about Make Me Taller's owner, his actions and agenda.  It's natural that people are upset or angry when they felt lied to, considering all the money and risks involved in the surgery.

It's entirely their own decisions if they wish to take action via legal or media outlets. Also don't take everything you read literally on the internet when it comes to promise of violence. 

Do I feel Apotheosis should be accountable?  Yes, it's a matter of principle and the bigger picture.  If more people are aware that there are potential traps in LL industry, then it helps them too.   

I'm sorry but you can't convince me on that it is the right thing to keep quiet when something borderline criminal is going on, with people's well-being at risk.  Patients are being sent to unqualified doctor because of fake diary with glowing review, just because there's financial reasons to do so. 

I think there will be people who love or hate this forum,  it's their own choice who to contribute to.  I think it's a big pity that Apotheosis has abused all of the trust and credibility built up for his own selfish agenda.

I suppose you meant "ALL GET HARMED"  as in more people will be exposed to LL right?  Well, Apotheosis already done that with his national interviews.   There's no denying that LL is getting more mainstream, you can find reports about it on alot of news outlets.   

There are already people archiving old forum  since Apotheosis is deleting stuff regularly,  I also have confidence that the knowledge and contribution of this community will help patients choose a safe doctor and understand what they are going through.

I think the forum is doing fine, maybe it's too early to write us off after one week? 

There's no way we will have diaries all over the place right away, it takes time. Some people were even skeptical about what we actually meant at first.  New people are joining and slowly information related to Limb Lengthening is building up.   

None of us are being paid to do this full time as a job, so it's a very organic kind of development driven by members.  I don't really wish to censor things here, as this is a community driven forum.  People can make up their own minds about what they agree or disagree on.

Thank you for the eloquent and well thought out response.  I agree with your principles for the most part, and commend your objective approach to discussion.  This is what the forum needs.

Yes people will be upset.  But you cannot argue that some of the things being posted were taking things too far.  In my country at least (the UK) people have been jailed for saying such things online.

By all gets harmed I was referring to extra exposure with NEGATIVE connotations attached.  I am aware of SysOp and the 20-20 news broadcast and I was part of the thread that voiced dissatisfaction toward the article.  I found out about LL through research.  I feel that alone should be one of the qualifying criteria for the surgery.  It didn't take me more than a hour or so of Googling about being short to find it, so anyone seriously unhappy about their height should have little problem too.  By exposing the corruption to people who have no interest in LL (the general public) all it will do is further compound the stigma attached to the surgery and short men in general (you can view these on any of the LL news stories with a comments section).

In terms of archiving I can't help but feel this is contradictory.  People have been saying in this and other threads old forum  cannot be trusted yet they are either advising me to archive the site myself or as you have said here people are already doing it.  If LL Forum believe old forum  to be so biased why are archives being recommended and carried out?  From a technical stand point how can this be functional?  So far all I have seen is screen grabs which cannot be index or searched.

I am not writing you off, in fact in all of my posts including my very first ones I said it is always good to have alternatives to everything.  Even medical professionals advise second opinions.  My concerns however is the level of hate the forum is currently harboring.  In no way can this be productive.

I understand the organic development and once more commend your initiative on setting up this forum.  In regards to prosecuting Apo/SysOp there is no place on old forum  where the risks and problems of LL are concealed.  I learnt about all the   that can happen solely through that site.  You might be able to sure the doctor who butchered you, but I doubt very much you could get anything to stick simply because multiple people (Not just Sys) recommend a doctor.

truthndare

• Visitor
How To Troll
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 09:37:18 PM »

Note: TruthNDare is likely a old forum  troll, take his posts here with a pinch of salt. Low post count and appearing to randomly criticize the forum are obvious signs of a troll.  His post history speaks for itself, even with a faked attempt to be positive at first.

Replied in http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=26.msg272#msg272

Editing has taken place in old forum  and editing took place here also. Dameon have edited many posts here in last one week. I do have screen shots.

This is part of administrative job. I don't see sysop as culprit of editing pots. I see him culprit if he actually have any financial gain which is matter of investigation and neither of us are ready to compromise our personal identification to sue him. Even Dameon I guess !!

We are just escape goats and trap for LL business. I cannot trust this forum also if I can't trust old forum  which is there from 8 years. We cannot trust this forum also just because some hurt soul from sarin guest house has given distorted information about sysop to Dameon and he started forum. What legal proof he have for it ???
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:41:22 AM by Admin »

truthndare

• Visitor
Re: How To Troll
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »

Why would I trust this forum if they are already trying to be unethical/distrustful and talking about illegal activities. If Sysop takes some legal action against this forum then we are going to be in hell with all our personal identification out with cops.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:42:57 PM by Dameon »

alps

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »

Read above, how the hell do you do that and still keep it actually usable?  I.e Search by keyword, by user post, by date, etc?

I could screen shot every page but if you can search than of what use is it?  How will you look anything up?

Or I could copy and paste every post myself, and then re-up it all which would take an ice age.

Or alternatively, we simply just leave it there and make an alternative community as strong as possible.
If you had googled something along the lines of "how to download a website for offline viewing" you would have found far better alternatives than taking screenshots.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 09:56:33 PM »

If you had googled something along the lines of "how to download a website for offline viewing" you would have found far better alternatives than taking screenshots.

It isn't a website though, it is a forum.  As far as I am aware it would be very difficult to do.  Please enlighten me with any methods you discover however.

That still does not address the point that people on here are making that old forum  cannot be trusted though?  This place seems to contradict itself a lot!

alps

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 10:03:39 PM »

Contradict? How exactly?
Most people here are saying the earlier info was genuine but the new stuff isn't and the stuff that is to come will not be.

I'm just worried if LL itself isn't as successful a surgery as the website claims. Like I wrote earlier, if the truth is that only 70% of LL is successful, and old forum  has hidden the failed ones, then we've been largely mislead. I'm sure many people wouldn't have even looked at LL in the 1st place if that were the case.

Muse

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

Editing has taken place in old forum  and editing took place here also. Dameon have edited many posts here in last one week. I do have screen shots.

This is part of administrative job. I don't see sysop as culprit of editing pots. I see him culprit if he actually have any financial gain which is matter of investigation and neither of us are ready to compromise our personal identification to sue him. Even Dameon I guess !!

We are just escape goats and trap for LL business. I cannot trust this forum also if I can't trust old forum  which is there from 8 years. We cannot trust this forum also just because some hurt soul from sarin guest house has given distorted information about sysop to Dameon and he started forum. What legal proof he have for it ???

Why would I trust this forum if they are already trying to be unethical/distrustful and talking about illegal activities. If Sysop takes some legal action against this forum then we are going to be in hell with all our personal identification out with cops.

Please free to post those screenshots if there's anything wrong so everyone can see them. 

You can see all post edited will have the message edited by Admin (my moderator account as explained in who's running the forum thread). 

Editing posts could be justified but logging into people's account to make posts and reply to private message is impersonation, I don't think Apotheosis can explain that one.

If you don't believe anything you read here, it's your right who to trust and distrust.   Proof has been posted in various threads, example Phantom = Crazy+6

I believe Apotheosis own actions speak for itself, he's banning people and explaining it as troll/spams.  You can see the amount of former members here.  None of their profile is listed as banned because Apotheosis is unable to explain why he is banning so many people for other than the generic excuse "troll/spam".     

Example : If a old forum  member post that it's okay to lengthen 20cm on one section, you wouldn't say that means old forum  is providing dangerous information right?  Note this is a theoretical question.

If Sysop/Apotheosis think there are serious threats against him by a member, then he is free to seek legal help and police protection.    The comments of individual members are just that, individual opinions.

As I mentioned this is a community driven forum, so people will be able to decide things here.   I'm going to implement a report system so that people who are getting flagged by other members will be under review.   Please don't abuse the freedom of speech here and keep all posts respectable and meaingful.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:27:00 PM by Dameon »

alps

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »

Oh and btw, I have no idea about the legal repercussions of posting old forum  content here actually is. One would be safer if he found out for sure , before doing something like that.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »

Contradict? How exactly?
Most people here are saying the earlier info was genuine but the new stuff isn't and the stuff that is to come will not be.

I'm just worried if LL itself isn't as successful a surgery as the website claims. Like I wrote earlier, if the truth is that only 70% of LL is successful, and old forum  has hidden the failed ones, then we've been largely mislead. I'm sure many people wouldn't have even looked at LL in the 1st place if that were the case.

I share your concerns and feel like the rug has been pulled from beneath my feet.  I was geared up to have the surgery next summer, but now I am currently out of options for LL and continue to seek solutions.

The lack of completed diaries regardless of the outcome being successful or not has always been a concern for me.

What doctor/doctors did you have in mind?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »

There really is no website with info that will be a substitute for going to research various leg lengthening specialists yourself and forming your own conclusion. That said, I agree with the TC that we need more diaries and leg lengthening information. More info to that end will obviously come throughout the days. This site is still very new and we can't expect to be a full database this fast. Understandably people are upset with the deception on old forum , and I think for those who are PM'ed on old forum  about this site it is important that we have the sticked info up top revealing just what kind of deception has taken place on there by the current owner/admin.

We should probably contain the posts addressing concerns on old forum  into a few threads in one section, or make a sub-section for it that's separated from the purely medical aspects of leg lengthening.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Muse

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 10:39:26 PM »

Kilokahn,  that's a really good idea,  I'm going to reorganize all old forum  related thread and all LL related topics into separate sections.

Also it's very true that reading everything on the internet should form only a small part of a proper decision making process (also mentioned in the thread How To Choose A Limb Lengthening Doctor).  Visiting multiple doctors and their patients in person is really important.

truthndare

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »

------Who is Admin ?? You itself ? Dameon ! be careful what you are quoting. If you can edit posts here - How is it not justifiable for Sysop.

------ This forum has been created with the allegation of editing posts. You cannot turn 360 degree from here.
If you are justifying it - You have already surrendered one major issue.

------ SMF never allow people to login into other account unless you change the password of it and in that case it will send message to registered email automatically. So for doing that - you have to 1st change email account and password both ( a lot of work). Other way is to change the entire rule set in admin control panel. Do you think Sysop would do that just for checking one random account.

I hope you know it when you are running forum based on SMF platform.

------ Go google and you will find similar frames like crazy+6 rolling around everywhere. Again I am not saying Phantom = No crazy+6. Its a matter of investigation.

------ I have never seen him/old forum  suggesting 20 cm to lengthen. Just now I see him suggesting someone not to go beyond 6-7 cm.

(Editor Note: This is his response to an theoretical question, nobody would ever suggest lengthening 20cm on one section) 

------ I would rather not comment on illegal action etc. Its your forum- You are authority for that.

Replied in http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=26.msg288#msg288

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:45:39 PM by Dameon »

truthndare

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 11:22:12 PM »

Yes it does, Depends on Law of land. Copyright infringement laws are ridiculously confusing in different countries. There are cases where people have lead to defamation suits just because of one picture posted in website/forum.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:46:26 PM by Dameon »

Muse

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 11:39:17 PM »

------Who is Admin ?? You itself ? Dameon ! be careful what you are quoting. If you can edit posts here - How is it not justifiable for Sysop.

------ This forum has been created with the allegation of editing posts. You cannot turn 360 degree from here.
If you are justifying it - You have already surrendered one major issue.

------ SMF never allow people to login into other account unless you change the password of it and in that case it will send message to registered email automatically. So for doing that - you have to 1st change email account and password both ( a lot of work). Other way is to change the entire rule set in admin control panel. Do you think Sysop would do that just for checking one random account.
I hope you know it when you are running forum based on SMF platform.

------ Go google and you will find similar frames like crazy+6 rolling around everywhere. Again I am not saying Phantom = No crazy+6. Its a matter of investigation.

------ I have never seen him/old forum  suggesting 20 cm to lengthen. Just now I see him suggesting someone not to go beyond 6-7 cm.

------ I would rather not comment on illegal action etc. Its your forum- You are authority for that.

Yes, as mentioned in "who is running the forum" thread, I am the moderator of this forum.   It's clear you are trolling here if you came to defend Sysop.

The forum was not created based on "allegation of editing posts", you should read up first.

Btw, editing posts to correct spelling or grammar, it's fine.   But please don't say it's okay for Apotheosis to delete posts for his own purpose or impersonate people accounts.

Admin of SMF is able to change both Email and Password, so users don't even get notifications.  It's actually very straightforward and that's probably what Apotheosis did.

There's so much loopholes in Phantom diary it's not funny, including how his visa expiring in 2 months.  I think people can make up their own minds about it.

I was using example that if a person say something on a forum, it doesn't mean that it represent the whole forum think that way.  Don't quote things out of context. 

As far as "illegal actions" here, if Apothesis feel any real threat, he should involve the police and legal help.   I do not have authority over this.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:01:11 PM by Dameon »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »

Not once have I seen any crazy recommendations like that on old forum  and time and again people say 5-7.5cm max.

I think Dameon was making an example that if somebody posted ridiculous advise on old forum , it wouldn't be right to say that "oh old forum  website is giving dangerous advice about LL"  just because a random person posted it.

Oh and btw, I have no idea about the legal repercussions of posting old forum  content here actually is. One would be safer if he found out for sure , before doing something like that.

There's nothing in this,  since Apotheosis would have to pay all the diaries owners if he wishes to claim copyright ownership because he never created them. Just because somebody post on a website doesn't automatically mean that they gave up ownership. Also it's fine if you are quoting something for reference, review or educational purpose, that's what newspaper and wikipedia do.
[/quote]

Yes it does, Depends on Law of land. Copyright infringement laws are ridiculously confusing in different countries. There are cases where people have lead to defamation suits just because of one picture posted in website/forum.
[/quote]

At the same time, old forum  should really have a readable Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Legal Disclaimer simply for the fact that it has a Recommended Doctors List, many on the list that Sysop makes money from. I can't find a terms of use or privacy policy or legal disclaimer anywhere on there. Even a basic one.

If Sysop were running a business, he would not be fully compliant with business regulations. Sysop acts as an affiliate in many ways in that he is advertising products/surgeons and getting a cut of their profit. That must be disclosed in affiliate marketing. If an affiliate receives commission from selling another person's or business's products, that affiliate has to reveal this on his website in some form. That's why they have affiliate policies which show and describe the relationship between the affiliate (the one endorsing another company's products) and the company/business being endorsed by the affiliate. I do affiliate marketing myself - not for LLing - and you can be held legally liable for false statements through endorsement of other products due to truth in advertising laws. Now I'm not sure how this would apply to old forum , as I'm not sure it falls under an actual business, but if someone were to go after Sysop legally I wouldn't be surprised if he were found guilty of fraud.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:02:10 AM by Admin »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »

You see this is what I mean.  I am trying to encourage us to have an decent forum ALONGSIDE old forum  and you're calling me a selfish prick.

I don't care about old forum  or this site, I care about information and knowledge on Leg Lengthening.

For your information I have saved up around $10000 so far.  So I still have a way to go.  I am still researching and still considering all options.

Can you honestly think that all those diaries and threads on old forum  over the past 8 years are worthless?  Really?

If old forum  is exposed on national TV and investigated by authorities, whose fault is that?

Those are useful information, but I don't consider them essential at all.   Sometimes there's such thing as information overload. 

Why don't you make a post on old forum  and ask them to clean up their act instead of moaning here?

If you are fearful about old forum  going down, save all the information you need.  Do you think that the people here are going to flock back to that joke of  a site? 

Clearly everyone have different opinions.  If you love old forum , stay there.

You are not reading what I am typing.

I don't care for either forum.  I care about the information.

It was a user here telling another user to MAKE MONEY by exposing old forum .  In the same thread a user was offering $100 for SysOp's real name and address and was willing to post it online for all to see.  So even if old forum  is dodgy/illegal/immoral this forum is already corrupt and doing the same thing.

That was me. I apologise. After reading the previous comments up until this one, I realised it was a terrible idea. I don't want leg lengthening to get anymore TV exposure, though, the "make money" part slightly sarcastic. I didn't mean he should profit off this situation - you're over-analyzing what I said - I was just encouraging  an American (or anyone in America) to bring him down because we in Europe, Asia and anywhere outside of North America, are helpless being so far away.

Need2BTaller

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2013, 02:36:37 AM »

I think Apple have the correct mindset and I can see where he is going.  This is a relatively new site and I csn see the potential it has with increasing members and activity.  We need to focus more by providing viable information to further build this website and make it a true LL forum. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up