Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: As a female, would it be a terrible idea to do this (tibias especially)?  (Read 3203 times)

zeldacat

• Visitor

For a while now I've been kind of considering doing this in the back of my mind. I definitely can't afford it now, but I'm wondering if it should be something I should even consider for the future.
I'm 5'3" right now and I would love to get to around the 5'6" - 5'7" range. Part of it is the height thing - being taken more seriously and not being towered over by everybody, and just not having to be categorized as short/ petite. Part of it is wanting to not have short stubby legs (especially tibias). And I know this is a serious surgery. If it didn't bother me a *lot* I wouldn't even consider it.

But then I read a few things on here that seem to suggest getting tibias done as a female is a huge no-no, especially internally? If that's the case, is it preferable/ possible to do them some other way? Or is it just a terrible idea either way? If that's the case, would it look completely ridiculous to just do 2-3 inches on the femurs with tibias already on the shorter side? There's nothing I would love more than to just not have to think about height anymore, to just be perfectly average or maybe even slightly above average :(

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: As a female, would it be a terrible idea to do this (tibias especially)?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 05:28:30 AM »

We had lots of girls lengthening their tibias in Beijing while I was there.  Notably Dong Mei, who lengthened over 4 inches.  Women look great with elongated tibias.  What problems have you read about that makes you say doing tibias as a female is a no-no?

microman

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 06:04:59 AM »

girl on the left looks terrible proportion wise, is she 10cm taller than wingspan there.

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 09:54:07 AM »

5'3 is a great and the most normal height for a girl. Girls don't need to be taller like guys do, and nobody I know takes a 5'6 girl more seriously than a 5'3 girl..

I always thought short girls had the same advantage as a tall guys.
Tall guys = can date short and tall girls
Short girls = can date short and tall guys

Morgenst.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »

Whatever makes you feel better honestly, there's clearly less social pressure to be tall in women but that doesn't matter much if you don't feel tall enough yourself. Far as lengthening I think everyone can agree tibias are the best way to go for an initial lengthening.

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 01:36:25 PM »

Far as lengthening I think everyone can agree tibias are the best way to go for an initial lengthening.
Explain.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 08:54:08 PM »

We had lots of girls lengthening their tibias in Beijing while I was there.  Notably Dong Mei, who lengthened over 4 inches.  Women look great with elongated tibias.  What problems have you read about that makes you say doing tibias as a female is a no-no?

I think programdude posted in his diary that the patients who had the most problems lengthening with Paley were the female internal tibia patients. That could be where the OP got the idea.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up