Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my proportions, 163+10cm?  (Read 8892 times)

mediterraneo

• Visitor
my proportions, 163+10cm?
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:09:45 PM »

Hi all , I have 20 years and these are my proportions
Heigh: 163cm
wingspan: 163 cm

my goal is measuring 175cm, is posible grow 10cm (tibia+femur) with this operation without losing mobility and doing normal life (gym, running etc) and without apparently weird?
Im from Barcelona so I just watched dr monegal in clinica diagonal and the FITBONE technology.

I think +10cm leg lenghtening, [¿+2cm yoga?], +gym can I look good.

I leave you photos.

I think i've got a short femur. and a little short legs, but with clothes I look good.

OPINIONS?

Alu

Re: my proportions, 163+10cm?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »

In terms of your plan, it's good to spread out the surgery into two if you want max gain. Just take it one surgery at a time.

In terms of proportions, I'd say you might* be able to pull it off. You do look to have just a slight longer torso, but we'd still want to see your inseam to height ratio just for refrence  sake; shove a book up your crotch as far up as it can go and measure from the top of the book to the bottom barefoot. Besides that considering your wingspan does equal your height that's where you might end up looking funky. You'd have a -2 ape index which isn't uncommon but not the norm. However, I'd doubt people would notice even that; it's usually a -3 ape index where it begins to look off

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

Can't say until you post mockups. You'll definitely look pretty long legged though, and you'll have to spread 10cm over 2 surgeries. Something like 6cm femur + 4cm tibias.

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 04:37:10 PM »

Your biggest obstacle are you narrow shoulders, I wouldn't do more than 5CM if I were you.

theuprising

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:59:34 PM »

Your biggest obstacle are you narrow shoulders, I wouldn't do more than 5CM if I were you.

From an objective point of view I agree he shouldn't go over 5 cm total if he wants to look within normal range main reason being that I have never seen a guy who looked even OK going over 5 cm wingspan. He will also have issues with torso to leg length.

OP general rule of thumb is the shorter your start height the more difficult it is to look normal as the change in your height is greater as a percentage than a naturally taller guy so you may have to scale your numbers down slightly. Example being a guy who is 5'5 becoming 5'9 will look weird next to a natural 5'9 however the gain in height may be worth it mentally to him over other people noticing he looks strange. What I'm getting at is sometimes if you start off shorter you may have to accept looking unnatural if you want to achieve your goal but if that helps you get over your height issues than it may be worth it in the end.

On a different topic I am curious about your getting 2cm from yoga?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 05:14:47 PM »

If you split it between two segments, I think the height increase with a sacrifice of the ideal proportions would be more beneficial to you going from 5'4 to 5'8 than worrying too much about proportions and going from 5'4 to 5'6 or something. If you end up stuck with one segment though, I'd do 6 cm tibs or 7 cm femurs and call it a day.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

microman

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 06:18:03 PM »

the fact that your wingspan is equal to your height puts a major limit on what you can do.

in your case we're really looking at one LL surgery only due to wingspan limitations, i would do 6cm on tibs and be 169/5' 6.5" and accept your height.

even at this height you would have noticably short arms but it's worth it, i fear if you go anymore you will end up looking too odd.

i am in a similar boat being 164.5 with a wingspan of 167, this means i can't do 2xLL to be average height, not that i would want to do that anyway but this is a typical situation in which you can only do 1 LL due to wingspan.

do mockups by standing on a heavy object such as a brick that measures 10cm, then take a picture and drag your legs down to the ground, you will then see how your arms look.

i personally started to look quite bad when i did more than 6cm in my mockups, my 10cm mockups looked really bad and i have more wingspan than you.

NewHeights

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »

Quote from: theuprising

On a different topic I am curious about your getting 2cm from yoga?
[/quote

Yoga decompresses the spine, so it could theoretically make you a cm or 2 taller. Weighted inversion is probably more effective though. Sorry, formatting got weird
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

G-Man

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 10:50:08 PM »

Then again you can do 10cm and I'm pretty sure that in your entire lifetime no one will notice your proportions.

Nightwish

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 02:49:20 AM »

Yoga decompresses the spine, so it could theoretically make you a cm or 2 taller. Weighted inversion is probably more effective though. Sorry, formatting got weird

It also strengthens your core muscles so theoretically you're able to better support yourself. Seen a lot of generic 'yoga can add up to two inches' (lol) but I haven't actually seen any verifiable proof on height and yoga.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 05:53:12 AM »

Then again you can do 10cm and I'm pretty sure that in your entire lifetime no one will notice your proportions.
u stole my words bud!
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

mediterraneo

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »

Hi , thanks for the replies . I would not operate for less than 7cm, the least could I accept is 170 after operation.
I know that i have short wingspan, but -3 inch ape index look weird? increasing volume at the gym would improve? a while ago I was aimed to gain volume at torso and I saw the even shorter legs, they told me that I looked very broad back compared to the rest of the body.

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »

Hi , thanks for the replies . I would not operate for less than 7cm, the least could I accept is 170 after operation.
I know that i have short wingspan, but -3 inch ape index look weird? increasing volume at the gym would improve? a while ago I was aimed to gain volume at torso and I saw the even shorter legs, they told me that I looked very broad back compared to the rest of the body.

Exercising and putting muscles on your legs will definitely improve how they look after LL. A while ago I made mockups of my femurs and did them kinda badly, they looked lean.. then I redid them after getting my PT(personal trainer)'s opinion a bit thicker like my femurs currently are and it looks much better.

If you do 7cm, make sure your femurs are plump and muscular.

Nightwish

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

Rocky Marciano is a good one to look at, listed between 5'10.25 and 5'11 with a reach of 5'8 and 5'7 so has anywhere between a negative 6-10cm reach. I think 6cm is more likely, but have a look at a few of his pictures, personally I think it's quite noticeable, but that's from someone who has read this site a fair amount and knew what I was looking for when I looked, so it may be my own bias.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Descreteuser

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 04:51:49 AM »

do 10cm... you look like you have normal size hands and stuff.. ive dpne lengtheing and am 5cm taller thn my wingspan.. ive been out to clubs and i hink to myself i could have done another 2cm and srtill would look completely normal.. as long as u dont have small features u wont look odd with a negative ape wingspan.. take it from someone that has already done this and has a smaller wingspan than height.. believe me no one willl notice.. do as much as u can that is safe..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Devildog 0331

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 01:53:31 AM »

Two surgeries doesn't sound like a good idea for you.

Im your same height and your torso is way longer than mind I agree just do 6.5-7.5 on femurs and call it a day.

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »

Go first for shoulder lengthening bro
5'1", 100 lbs

Genetic_solutions

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 07:16:18 AM »

Both Dr. Guichet and Dr. Betz said 10 cm over wingspan would not be too noticeable. If you want to do just one surgery, I think you can do 7cm femur and hit the 170 mark. If you do two surgeries, then 5.5 femur and 4.5 tibia would be ideal.
Consider surgery in 2018 with Dr. Paley.

Daylight

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 05:55:31 AM »

5 cm on femurs is your best option man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up