Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti-Government Protests In Kiev, Ukraine  (Read 14400 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Anti-Government Protests In Kiev, Ukraine
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:34:06 AM »

I hope this is something that dies down soon. Thought this would be relevant to this forum since Dr. Jamal in the Doctors Directory has his practice location in Kiev and many people have expressed interest in getting their lengthening done by him. If these protests go on for a while, I wonder how this will affect Dr. Jamal's practice. The place looks like a war zone currently.

(Click to enlarge)

http://framework.latimes.com/2014/01/23/anti-government-protests-turn-deadly-in-kiev-ukraine/#/0

KIEV, Ukraine — Enraged protesters stormed government offices in three western Ukraine cities Thursday, forcing one governor to write a letter of resignation, as demonstrations against the pro-Russian president and his allies intensified outside the smoldering capital.

Kiev, the capital, has been the epicenter of two months of protests against President Viktor Yanukovich, which have grown increasingly violent this week. Opposition leaders had given Yanukovich a deadline of Thursday evening to make concessions or face renewed clashes there, and they quenched the barricade fires that had coated the capital in black smoke in a tenuous cease-fire.

The president responded by calling a special session of parliament next week to discuss the tensions, telling parliament’s speaker, “The situation demands an urgent settlement.” But there was no indication that the move represented a compromise, since the president’s backers hold a majority of seats.

The protests began after Yanukovich turned away from closer ties with the European Union in favor of getting a bailout loan from Russia. The protests turned violent this week after Yanukovich pushed through harsh anti-protest laws, rejecting opponents’ demands that he resign and call new elections. At least two protesters died Wednesday of gunshot wounds, a grim escalation that also galvanized anger in western Ukraine, where support for Yanukovich is virtually nonexistent and most residents want closer ties to the 28-nation EU.

Thursday in Lviv, a city near the Polish border 280 miles west of Kiev, hundreds of activists burst into the office of regional governor Oleh Salo, a Yanukovich appointee, shouting, “Revolution!” and singing Christmas carols. After activists surrounded him and forced him to sign a resignation letter, one ripped it out of Salo’s hands and lifted it up to the cheers and applause of the crowd.

Meanwhile, hundreds of protesters smashed windows, broke doors and stormed into the governor’s office in the city of Rivne, shouting, “Down with the gang!” — a common reference to Yanukovich’s government. Once inside, they sang the national anthem. Angry crowds also besieged government offices in two other western regions. The protests have been centered on Kiev’s main square, where demonstrators have defended a large tent camp for nearly two months. On Wednesday, riot police moved to dismantle barricades erected next to a government district nearby and two people were fatally shot in the clashes.

The opposition has blamed the deaths on authorities, but Prime Minister Mykola Azarov said Thursday that the two men’s wounds were caused by hunting rifles, which the police do not possess. The opposition maintains that as many as five people died in Wednesday’s clashes, but say they have no evidence because the bodies were removed by authorities.

Azarov, Yanukovich’s staunch ally, maintained a harsh stance against the protesters, calling their actions an attempted coup. “It’s not the opposition — it’s rebels who are acting against us,” Azarov said at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. The Interior Ministry said Thursday that 73 people had been detained, 52 of whom are being investigated for “mass riots,” a new criminal charge that carries a prison sentence of up to eight years.

Reaction from the West and neighboring Russia has been mixed. The United States has revoked the visas of Ukrainian officials linked to violence and threatened more sanctions.

EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said Thursday that if the situation in Ukraine did not stabilize, the EU “would assess possible consequences in its relationship.” Barroso also said he had received assurances from Yanukovich that the Ukrainian leader did not see the need to impose a state of emergency.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said her nation didn’t think this was the time to consider sanctions against the Ukrainian government, but added that it must comply “with its obligations to secure fundamental democratic rights.” “We are extremely concerned — not just concerned, appalled — about the way in which laws have been pushed through that raise questions over these fundamental freedoms,” Merkel said.

Russia, meanwhile, accused the West of meddling in Ukraine’s affairs. “We feel regret and indignation about the obvious foreign interference in the developments in Kiev,” President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, told the daily Komsomolskaya Pravda.

The protesters said they would give peace a chance — a brief one. “We’re ready to wait so that new victims don’t appear,” said 30-year-old demonstrator Anatoly Lovchenko. “But if the government doesn’t listen to our demands, we’ll start up again.”
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:40:32 AM by Kilokahn »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ChrisIsaak

Re: Anti-Government Protests In Kiev, Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:17:11 AM »

We had similar Anti-Government protests in Istanbul recently, in May. It was also a warzone. I was personally there - got sprayed with pepper gas and walked with a gas mask I bought from a US Army Store. It's fine. Patients who stay indoors in a hospital, hotel, or a rented residence would be absolutely safe.

Worse case scenario, you die. We die anyway, so..

:)

jerry

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »

A number of us would surely be having LL in Syria with Dr Salameh if not for the war.  If this happen with Dr Jamal too...... anyway those going to Ukraine should take note that it is not peaceful there right now and avoid the crowds.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »

A number of us would surely be having LL in Syria with Dr Salameh if not for the war.  If this happen with Dr Jamal too...... anyway those going to Ukraine should take note that it is not peaceful there right now and avoid the crowds.

The situation is Syria is a severe civil war, with people getting killed every day. Ukraine only has violent anti-government protests. It might look like a warzone but it certainly isn't.

I'm sure Ukraine is safe enough, and I would never advise anyone to travel to Syria unless they're already a local.

Ocean

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »

I'm in Kiev right now, it's a big city, you will hardly even notice this when you're under dr. Jamal's care.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »

I'm in Kiev right now, it's a big city, you will hardly even notice this when you're under dr. Jamal's care.

That's good to know. The news over here makes it look like a much larger crisis than it is, I suppose. Guess that goes to show how sensationalized American news is.

mediocre

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 06:13:19 PM »

Now that protests in Kiev have simmered down, the battle for Crimea, which currently is part of Ukraine, is heating up.

I'm just reading history again and Crimea has a colorful one (lots of changing hands). Just like Yugoslavia, it's divided along ethnic and religious lines:
Russians: 58%
Ethnic Ukrainians: 24%
Muslim Crimean Tatars: 12%

The Russians and Tatars each wanted to secede from Ukraine. Russians for Russia and Tatars as an independent Crimea.

To complicate it further, there's a Russian military fleet stationed in Crimea.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 04:40:01 AM »

Who knows how far this will escalate. Even if I had Dr Jamal as on option at the moment, I'd wait until things died down or go somewhere else.

mediocre

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 06:29:59 AM »

Washington hawks are having fidgety hands right now.

Whole Ukraine might be involved here.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 12:29:41 AM »

Ukraine is looking way more dangerous than ever now that there is apparently a threat from Russia that they will use military force against Ukraine if they don't surrender.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 05:10:57 AM »

World war 3 is due. I always thought that ww3 might sprung from middle east. However that's not the case.  Russia on the on the other hand is a beast. Just like China, it's wagging its tail. As population increased, land and other resources become scarce, in order to maintain supremacy,  nations with big face will do whatever it takes. Folks! This could be it, the war to end all wars.

Taller

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 05:30:09 AM »

Every time someone says it's the war to end all wars, they jinx it, and another war happens again in which some idiot says the same thing and restarts the process  ;D ::)

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 05:35:11 AM »

I'm still thinking that diplomacy will solve the conflict, no matter how complicated it currently is. Russia tends to show off its power in such situations whereas there are consequences on an international level for violating treaties. My guess is that the deployment of soldiers will remain limited for Crimea and won't spread to other parts of Ukraine. No offense anyone, but I don't believe in the WWIII crap. It's all a matter of sustaining political balance.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 07:02:11 AM »

Tall, you don't seem understand the phrase "war to end all wars". If ww3 does happen it would fit the meaning perfectly.  We're talking about nuclear power houses nuke it out. What's left is wastelands where nothing grows. I for one am ok with it. What's the point of human existence? Eat, poop, create more human to do the same thing we're doing at the same time destroying anything in our path, animals, nature, air.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 07:11:27 AM »

@BullSurfer

We share the same opinion. If a WWIII actually happened I wouldn't care. I don't care about human existence or my own existence too much to be honest. It would be a good way to die. Any day is fine.

mediocre

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »

Every country loses if all-out war happens.

If it indeed happens, at least let's just be taller.

Taller

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 08:19:23 AM »

Tall, you don't seem understand the phrase "war to end all wars".

Yes, you are very right that the phrase carries different implications in the modern era. I just find it darkly hilarious, in retrospect, that politicians referred to WWI as the "war to end all wars", then did the same during WWII... We all know how that went. People never stop fighting fire with fire. We fight the adverse effects of the glorification of tallness in society by becoming taller ourselves while stating that height shouldn't matter. The world works in strange ways. All humans are equally guilty of the human condition. Some of us just have the resources and brains to act sooner than others, but our central motives are more common than many image. The paradox of life is that our similarities (insecurities, desires, emotions etc) are what divide us.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »

I too harbor your thoughts of complete and utter annihilation of the human race through internecine warfare. In fact, it is something I've dwelt upon since my days of childhood fantasy. The Earth would rejoice if humans were cunning enough to cause their own extinction, mere years after doubling their population in a matter of decades through incessantly prodigious breeding of incapables and self-loathing swine. You are right in saying our existence is utterly futile.

I was always of the opinion that I would either commit myself to finding a way to strengthen the human spirit through the discovery of a more resilient form of strain that could endure the unforgiving elements and live indefinitely until the organism decides to terminate itself of its own volition or embracing the art of war. I seem to now view the latter as the only realistic means of resolve. Life would be fair if humanity could strongly and healthily and indefinitely. Life would be just in essence, and humans would find no need for resentment and fear. But by our forsaken condition, no matter how good we try to be, no matter how modest and humble we choose to conduct ourselves, no matter how kind we are to others, we are condemned at conception's moment to a life of severe sorrow and abject brevity; doomed to perish unforgivably and horribly, and be forever forgotten.

We are very likely an abomination created by the universe at some mistaken moment in time. We are devoid of elegance and suitable capability to inhabit earth by our design, as are most other creatures and beasts of the fields. So war and extermination of all life would be just fine by me. Let the planet devolve back into a dormant lifeless state as all other celestial spheres seem to happily exist, and the cosmos will rejoice.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »

Well said philosopher Polycrates! Well said!

Smallguy

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 07:13:13 AM »

@BullSurfer

We share the same opinion. If a WWIII actually happened I wouldn't care. I don't care about human existence or my own existence too much to be honest. It would be a good way to die. Any day is fine.

Hey, maybe you were just trying to emphasize a point. But I will tell you right now that life will be AMAZING once you finish your LL journey and reach your height goal.

Maybe guys who are already 5'8 doesn't feel the true value of their height... because they are so used to receiving the better treatment from their height. But for guys like us who were struggling at 5'5 and 5'6, suddenly coming back home and being 3 inches taller is a drastic paradigm shift.

Regarding the 5'8 chic, it's still a work-in-progress... as you know, good girls are tough to crack.

Just now I met another really hot one at the coffee shop. I think I would marry her if I had met her before LL. It was tough. She was with another girl and they were constantly chatting. I was able to insert some lame comments, broke the ice with some lame comments again, and got her contact. But the irony is I did all of this sitting down, and my sitting height is similar to her at 90cm. So I don't know if my height has helped me at all in these last few days.... and when I got her number, two tables down below, a 6'2 dude was staring at me with jealously.

5'9 is not short anymore but I still carry the short-guy mentality with me. For example, when someone walked beside me, I would droop down just to make myself feel shorter. So I can feel more comfortable... lol

But I can tell you.. the paradigm shift for us will be amazing. So no need to imagine dying.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Disobedient

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »

It’s funny that I was reading the comments here while watching 2012 movie.. This just make me think that the idea of human extinction shapes in many forms sometimes by assuming ww3 will handle it  or other by a HUGE natural disaster will occur one day.. And it seems these are not modern ideas at all , religious ppl tend to think in the similar way too by claiming there is something called Doomsday ..
I think all these are ideas came from feeling of injustice in life, it so simple
One day, all the human species would extinct in same day... That’s make me feel much comfy about the way I will die.. Why??  Not because human race is disgusting because they are just multiplying and destroying earth bla bla bla..  All these explanations make me look smart the real reason is that I feel life was never been fair with me or with other….
 And when someone simple like smallguy came and say that life is so amazing after LL no need to think that we are gonna die..   This is just proof my point that all idea behind human extinction came behind feeling of injustice..
So maybe we will have ww3 ,and  huge natural catastrophe. But human race will manage to survive

Moubgf

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »

I too harbor your thoughts of complete and utter annihilation of the human race through internecine warfare. In fact, it is something I've dwelt upon since my days of childhood fantasy. The Earth would rejoice if humans were cunning enough to cause their own extinction, mere years after doubling their population in a matter of decades through incessantly prodigious breeding of incapables and self-loathing swine. You are right in saying our existence is utterly futile.

I was always of the opinion that I would either commit myself to finding a way to strengthen the human spirit through the discovery of a more resilient form of strain that could endure the unforgiving elements and live indefinitely until the organism decides to terminate itself of its own volition or embracing the art of war. I seem to now view the latter as the only realistic means of resolve. Life would be fair if humanity could strongly and healthily and indefinitely. Life would be just in essence, and humans would find no need for resentment and fear. But by our forsaken condition, no matter how good we try to be, no matter how modest and humble we choose to conduct ourselves, no matter how kind we are to others, we are condemned at conception's moment to a life of severe sorrow and abject brevity; doomed to perish unforgivably and horribly, and be forever forgotten.

We are very likely an abomination created by the universe at some mistaken moment in time. We are devoid of elegance and suitable capability to inhabit earth by our design, as are most other creatures and beasts of the fields. So war and extermination of all life would be just fine by me. Let the planet devolve back into a dormant lifeless state as all other celestial spheres seem to happily exist, and the cosmos will rejoice.

Complicated english is complicted.

This world only exists in our mind without us there is no out there only in our minds.

We humans was once in time one with cosmos living as it was intended in this computer simulated reality.
But unfortunately our dna was tinkered with from another race more advanced than ours to create a slave race to do the biding of the "gods" in the mines mostly down in africa.

They left after ruling us for numerous decades after the great flood who is written in the bible to cleanse earth from sinners. And i think with a fight with the real God.

The injustice in the world is simpel, divide and rule by the shadow elite that knows the human mind better than we do , Hey! they was here when the first test humans was created Adam and Eve so yeah i think they know how to manipulate society to great dispair.

Life was not intented to be like this distorted reality we are currently living in.
Our mission is actually to rid ourself of the old paradigm and take our conciousness to the next level.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 09:17:26 PM »

Hey, maybe you were just trying to emphasize a point. But I will tell you right now that life will be AMAZING once you finish your LL journey and reach your height goal.

Maybe guys who are already 5'8 doesn't feel the true value of their height... because they are so used to receiving the better treatment from their height. But for guys like us who were struggling at 5'5 and 5'6, suddenly coming back home and being 3 inches taller is a drastic paradigm shift.

Regarding the 5'8 chic, it's still a work-in-progress... as you know, good girls are tough to crack.

Just now I met another really hot one at the coffee shop. I think I would marry her if I had met her before LL. It was tough. She was with another girl and they were constantly chatting. I was able to insert some lame comments, broke the ice with some lame comments again, and got her contact. But the irony is I did all of this sitting down, and my sitting height is similar to her at 90cm. So I don't know if my height has helped me at all in these last few days.... and when I got her number, two tables down below, a 6'2 dude was staring at me with jealously.

5'9 is not short anymore but I still carry the short-guy mentality with me. For example, when someone walked beside me, I would droop down just to make myself feel shorter. So I can feel more comfortable... lol

But I can tell you.. the paradigm shift for us will be amazing. So no need to imagine dying.

Hey Smallguy,

Thanks for your valuable input man. Frankly, my words had got nothing to do with height. They reflect my philosophy and the way I look at the world. LL is a minor choice I made to better suit the needs of the material world, but I also feel connected to the metaphysical. I have a somewhat Eastern viewpoint on death, I see it as a friend, and a path to a higher consciousness, therefore, I do not fear it, and I look forward to it. I know that perhaps very few people have a mindset as such, but it comes after losing a loved one. You want to meet that person again, in better circumstances, in a better world. If it's wishful thinking, then so be it. I can bear all the pain this world and life has to offer. Maybe you thought I was in depression - on the contrary, I could be the last person to fall into it. This is why, I have stated many, many times that LL wasn't difficult. I've seen and been through worse.

Speaking of Kiev, when Istanbul similarly turned into a warzone in May-June 2013 due to anti-government protests, I had just returned from the United States back home. My friends at the US urged me not to go back as it wouldn't be safe, but I couldn't leave my loved ones there just like that. So I went into a US Army store and bought all the military gas masks I could find and headed back home. The street I used to walk in many times was shattered with stones and bricks all around, fire burning at a corner, a public bus with broken glasses parked in the middle of the road, abandoned, and an upside-down police car. I've been sprayed pepper gas at along with thousands of others. There I knew deep down that I enjoyed chaos like nothing else. I hadn't lost my honor like many others and I wouldn't care if I died during the barricade days. Unfortunately, some young people and police officers did. It's all over now, but its effects still remain. We failed to overthrow the government, but that wasn't our aim. We defended our honor.

So, at the end, 5'5, 5'8, or 6-foot, I'll still be looking forward to death, and hope that it will treat me as its equal - meanwhile enjoying and trying to understand the meaning of the life we have been given. You're right about the paradigm shift. I can feel it already. It's a joy that comes with confidence and a sense of relief of finally completing a duty that had waited aside for years. I too will always carry the short guy mentality with me, confronting every obstacle with compassion, integrity and perseverance, knowing that nothing is given but earned.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »

Complicated english is complicted.

This world only exists in our mind without us there is no out there only in our minds.

We humans was once in time one with cosmos living as it was intended in this computer simulated reality.
But unfortunately our dna was tinkered with from another race more advanced than ours to create a slave race to do the biding of the "gods" in the mines mostly down in africa.

They left after ruling us for numerous decades after the great flood who is written in the bible to cleanse earth from sinners. And i think with a fight with the real God.

The injustice in the world is simpel, divide and rule by the shadow elite that knows the human mind better than we do , Hey! they was here when the first test humans was created Adam and Eve so yeah i think they know how to manipulate society to great dispair.

Life was not intented to be like this distorted reality we are currently living in.
Our mission is actually to rid ourself of the old paradigm and take our conciousness to the next level.

The world rulers-- it is the jews you speak of? J/k. And I apologize for the excessive verbiage. 4 months reading scientific studies and classical literature has made me especially erudite as of late. Woops, sorry.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

mediocre

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 11:27:36 PM »

It's just very unstable suddenly both in Ukraine and Russia.

EU and US putting up economic pressures in Russia would affect the way outside patients transact business/pay money and even get visa getting in to Russia.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:52 AM »

I am with ChrisIsaak on this. I tend to look at life from Eastern point of view. I do meditation,  try to cut back on meat, live minimalistically. The more I get into this lifestyle the more I realize how different I am from everyone else. Most people never give a darn about anything or anyone, they are materialistic, egotistical narcissist, and down right animalistic. Many people claim to be a believer of this and that but they wouldn't think twice killing their fellow man so that they can have what he had.
This world is distorted,  the most honest man will always seen as crooked, while the crooked appeared to be saints looting and raping what is left of humanity.  The brave and wise will appear weak as the feebled minded drag the world into chaos and destruction.

Life and knowledge evolve slower than human ignorance. Scientists are saying mass extinction is taking place right now, anyone even care? Economy expansion and big bank accounts at what expense? The earth is dying,  the animals are vanishing, while human, monkey with a brain thinks he's entitled to. The creator has made all these for his disposal. What a load of bullcrap. I fear for the children of the future. The example set right now will be followed by the next generation and the next, therefore human extinction is just a matter of time.

heightangel

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 01:54:35 PM »

Ukraine is looking way more dangerous than ever now that there is apparently a threat from Russia that they will use military force against Ukraine if they don't surrender.

The situation doesn't change and I'm very worried because of this

Joel

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »

I should go do it anyways then get killed by Communist and Fascists who are like wait wtf hold on guys an American is going to be taller?

HE TEEK OUR WOMEN WHY DO PEOPLE LOVE OUR COUNTRY?  NO YOU AIMERICANS TAKE OUR CLAUDI'S NOOO

brb dying swag.
5'5 manlet of peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up