Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Try therapy  (Read 10025 times)

theuprising

Re: Try therapy
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 09:59:12 PM »

Yellowspike

I read your diary from when you said you would never do another LL to this point where your determined to do more. As you mentioned you are a perfectionist you will have to factor in arm lengthening at some point if you choose to lengthen more on your legs. Height over 5cm on wingspan looks bad and I don't think you are the type who would tolerate t-rex arms.

YellowSpike

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 10:19:09 PM »

If I do tibias, it's gonna be 4cm tops. I really only want an inch more, but if I'm breaking my tibs, might as well get at least 3.5-4cm.

And I would never do arm lengthening. I'm a perfectionist, but this has to stop at some point. Maybe I'll literally just do an inch on my tibs. I still think I wouldn't need arm lengthening even with 4cm added to tibs. My wingspan is 172-173, so 3-4cm over I don't think will warrant arm lengthening.

Penguinn

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »

Yeah doing tibias for just an inch is a bit much. At 4cm you're at least getting a good deal out of it.
Good luck if you decide to do tibias, although 5'9 is still great. (That's where you're at, right?)

And arm lengthening is overkill and utter madness. Unless you look like a T-rex, don't even consider it.

microman

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 11:31:03 PM »

why didn't you do 7.5 or 8cm the first time round on your femurs, seems most people do those gains as well.

YellowSpike

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2015, 12:46:18 AM »

why didn't you do 7.5 or 8cm the first time round on your femurs, seems most people do those gains as well.

The soft tissue in my left leg was giving me trouble, and my consolidation at the time in my left leg didn't look great. I wanted to press on a bit more, but Dr. Guichet strongly advised me to stop, so I listened to him. 7cm was more or less in line with my goal.

But that begs the question - who's to say how I would've looked or felt if I'd managed to get 8cm? Then I think to myself, maybe I'll just do another 2cm on femurs and call it a day.

But proportion and biomechanics wise, I know tibias are better long-term. I just really don't want to do them...but it's looking more and more like I'm backed into a corner with no choice. The super frustrating thing about this whole ordeal for me is that I finally feel recovered enough where I'm basically normal...but I know I have another round of LL in front of me...and THAT really brings me down and weighs on me.

ouroboros

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2015, 03:12:47 AM »

Hey Yellow, I'm just curious if you have experimented with wearing lifts after your first LL.  If so, did the additional height gained by the lifts make you feel more proportionate and "average" as you expect from a second LL?

Also, I happen to agree with those that recommend tibia instead of more femur.  If you have tibia done in two stages instead of one, you could be back at work in a month after surgery for the first leg, and have the second leg operated 3-4 months after and take another month off then.  Your work should be somewhat understanding of you for taking the time off if you mention medical reasons (like correction) for your absence, and one month absence is not a lot.

I know most of us want to plan every aspect of our lives, and believe that we are in control of our destiny.......but the truth is that life can change every passing moment without warning, and all of a sudden you get a phone call like "I'm pregnant!" or whatever...... My point is that we can only control what is directly in front of us, and if you should happen to need unexpected medical treatment, your work should be somewhat lenient and sympathetic towards your situation.   

As for the risk factor of doing tibia LL, that is entirely up to you to decide......   just my opinion.

chsn

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 11:25:27 AM »

I agree with ouroboros, If I were you I would do my tibias in 2 stages just like the user cooper did. He went back to work in like 3 weeks after his first surgery...with 4 cm you will almost certain avoid ballerina and be 178 cm...and never feel the need to use lifts

femoral_indecency

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2015, 01:01:11 AM »

Hey yellow, how's it going? Regarding your healing when you had your femurs done with Guichet, did you both ever find out what was causing the shooting pains in your left leg that forced you to stop distraction early?
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

spaghetti743

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2015, 05:33:46 AM »

Alu,

Is it possible for someone your height to get to 5'11? What if they do 3/4 surgeries, rebraking tibias or femurs?

Alu

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2015, 06:02:17 AM »

Disregarding the fact that someone going from 5'4 to 5'11 on LL alone will look like a long legged freak, that much trauma to the legs would make them uselss.

It's best to just accept ones limitations. At best I can go to 5'7 to 5'8.4 and I'd be completely fine with that, blissful really

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2015, 06:04:27 AM »

I think your body would stop stretching at some point, but I'm not sure what that point is.

myloginacct

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2017, 11:05:11 PM »

Therapy should be the first option... It sucks being short. A lot. But is it worth it to sacrifice your legs like that just for people who never cared about what you truly are, and only cared about your appearance?

If you want to do CLL, it has to be for yourself, and no one else. You can't do it on a warped mind. It's something that will affect you forever. It really, really sucks to be rejected by someone because of something you have no control over, but you're almost invariably better off like that. You can always find other, better people - even if it doesn't seem like that at the moment. There are billions in the world. I don't mind if there are people who get it because they'll also have more success with the opposite sxx. It just has to be for yourself foremost.

Everyone should, ideally, do therapy to clear their thoughts out before they decide on something like CLL.

Old thread, but my 2 cents.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up