Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen  (Read 121331 times)

zantac20

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2017, 07:25:46 AM »

One patient told me this guy is one of the few not bad outcomes of the doctor
Dude you're a fking nightmare. GTFO here.

yagen

« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »

Many thanks TIBIKE200, Body Builder, LLSouthAmerica, Helloworld, Auron.

I am going to do 4 cms in tibias this year, I have started to plan the surgery

I am going to do just 4 cms because it´s enough for me and following the advise of Glenn and Iamready, Both told that 5 cms is hard for the ankle and achilles heel.

Doctor Monegal told me with 3,5 or 4 cm, he have not to touch me he achillss heel.

@alps I will upload more video doing workout, up and down stairs. I have seen a lot of videos of people walking, but the hardest thing is down stair.

@notimportant/LLUSER   I have more info than you about Monegal´s patients, If I have decided to do tibias with him is because I trust in him despite tibias are riskier.

when you have a big problem you have to split in smaller pieces. In this surgery is better to do less cm and see how to body heel, and maybe in the future you can do a new surgery.

yagen

« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2017, 06:13:07 AM »

One year after second leg surgery.

https://vimeo.com/216568075

Antenna and cable is visible when the IT band is working hard, but when it is relaxed its not noticeable.

helloworld

« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »

Looks great!
Just that the tibias look a little short compared to you femure.
You could consider lengthening tibia 3-4 cm to get better proportions.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

mediocre

« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »

Do you want to strengthen first your body before doing the tibias? It seems like your gait is not normal yet.

All the best!

One year after second leg surgery.

https://vimeo.com/216568075

Antenna and cable is visible when the IT band is working hard, but when it is relaxed its not noticeable.

paco1

« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »

i think with shorts your proportions are good.

U only live once

« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2017, 04:41:29 AM »

Quiet honestly I don't see any disproportion ! Yagen looks pretty good !
Aim high

yagen

« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »

@mediocre I dont do a lot of workout but everyday I try to do new things with my legs, you improve every month. I wil try to attach a video about agility in the legs. Nobody has told me anything about limp, I can walk normaly
I am wearing a night dorsiflexion boot in order to train my ankle, fascia and achilles heel. I will post the pictures of boots and how to use to train lateral tendons

@helloworld @paco1 @U only live once

The view in the video its the worst and I was barefoot with a shoe with a tiny heel my legs look normal when I stand up with shorts on the beach, Nobody has told me anything. Obviously a increase of 4 cm looks better.

U only live once

« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »

Hi Yagen,

Terrific diary !! Before I read you diary I was convinced I was doing one stage LL but your diary is kinda changing my mind. I can see you have been able to continue with your normal life with only taking few days off for the surgery. I had a chat with Monegal and he recommends a two stage lengthening precisely because this will have a minimal effect on the patient normal life which in turn helps with the recovery.

Same as you, I work in a office and I wonder how awkward is to wear one of those insoles without people actually noticing it. Could you share your experience with me? Do I need to have tailor made shoes?

I'm planning my trip to Spain the second of August but I still can't make my mind on whether I should do one or two stage. I might start a similar diary as yours!

Thanks mate  !!
Aim high

yagen

« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2017, 07:37:33 AM »

Road to Tibias 2017.

i have started my workout for LL in Tibias in order to reduce the odds of problems with ballerina foot

Every day I strech my ankles and my aquilles heel for one hour with dorxiflexion boots. I recomend this boot if you do femur too because it stretch Hamstrings too.

Price is about 20USD in amazon

You can put the white cushion in diferent position in order to reduce the angle and gain more flexibility, besides if you split the white cushion in two and use just one, you can train oblique tendons

onemorefoot

« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2017, 04:13:51 PM »

Great idea to improve flexibility, how many cm are you planning ( maybe before achilles starts annoying)? And are you planning one stage procedure?
Budget will determine my future.

Body Builder

« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2017, 07:02:07 PM »

I think Yagen you want about 4cm more in tibias.
If I am right then there is really no need to stretch that much. It is almost impossible to have bf problems for 4-5 cm lengthening. After all many doctors believe that stretching before LL plays a minor to zero role to what will happen when you lengthen. Flexibility of soft tissues is more a genetic thing. But I repeat, for less than 5 cm in tibias the risk of major bf is almost zero.

For this amount however I think that you can easily do externals only.
I don't know if Monegal is experienced in external methods but I wouldn't do internals in tibias for many reasons.
But it is up to you.

jrkooks

• Visitor
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2017, 11:16:02 PM »

Hello,
I was trying to find a topic somewhere but I did not. Is there a endocrinologist and orthopedic surgeon follow-up before and after the operation?
Thanks

yagen

« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2017, 08:26:21 AM »

@onemorefoot

My goal is 4 cm, with internal rods in just one stage, thus I will compare the heads and tails of one stage versus two stages.

@Body Builder

I know that 4 cm is "easy" in tibias but all the workout that I can do I think that it's better. After one hour with the boots, the sole of your feet feels as you have some ants inside. I think it is a good stretching.

I know that external have pros but cons too. Time for me is the most valuable thing. I was meeting with Helloworld when he was doing lengthening phase and he can do a normal life with a walker.

I have been asking some patients about knee pain and they have not any problem, but I thank you for your suggestion.  ;)

yagen

« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »

I have started a new project for a better recovery "Anti-gravity treadmill". Walk and put weight in your legs it's the most important for recovery.

I can reduce my weight while walking as much as I want. 25 Kg in the scale.

sunflower

• Visitor
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »

Thats some feat Yagen, looks great, my only worry would be how you would be able to safely get into it whilst adhering to the weight bearing restrictions.

Looking forward to your diary, as said before there is so few tibia diaries of any device especially fitbone.

Best of luck!

Sunflower

yagen

New: Dr. Monegal - Bilateral internal tibias Fitbone
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2017, 05:33:58 AM »

On 5th of September, after Dr. Monegal come back from his vacation, I Will have my surgery in both tibias.
I have stretched a lot.

This surgery for me is different than the first time, I know how it is, I am quiet and I know that I am in good hands.

My goal is 4 cms, I hope to reach this gap in 50 days, with a ratio of 0,81 mm, but I am flexible. In this surgery, you have to be flexible and I will listen to my body.

This forum has become a bullcrap because just a few people upload pictures or videos, I will do it. There are few patients with internal methods on tibias.

There are some multi-user telling fakes every day. Doctor Monegal is now on vacations and he can not meet with anyone.

If I repeat my surgery with the same doctor is because I am in one of the best hands.

Alea iacta est.

Four Inch

« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »

Hi Yagen,

What made you decide to do bilateral in the tibia's?   Is the recovery time for the tibia's similar to the femurs?

Very much interested in your latest journey!

Cinderella

« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »

Good luck Yagen.
Journey can be difficult but you are in the best hands.
Keep us updated.

helloworld

« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2017, 03:11:25 PM »

Too bad I am leaving Barcelona on Monday, the 4th of September. Wish you all the best!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

U only live once

Re: New: Dr. Monegal - Bilateral internal tibias Fitbone
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2017, 09:45:00 AM »

On 5th of September, after Dr. Monegal come back from his vacation, I Will have my surgery in both tibias.
I have stretched a lot.

This surgery for me is different than the first time, I know how it is, I am quiet and I know that I am in good hands.

My goal is 4 cms, I hope to reach this gap in 50 days, with a ratio of 0,81 mm, but I am flexible. In this surgery, you have to be flexible and I will listen to my body.

This forum has become a bullcrap because just a few people upload pictures or videos, I will do it. There are few patients with internal methods on tibias.

There are some multi-user telling fakes every day. Doctor Monegal is now on vacations and he can not meet with anyone.

If I repeat my surgery with the same doctor is because I am in one of the best hands.

Alea iacta est.

HI Yagen,

Are you staying in MIC? If so until when? I may be able to see u down there
All the best!
Aim high

doomsday

« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2017, 11:11:28 AM »

I think Yagen you want about 4cm more in tibias.
If I am right then there is really no need to stretch that much. It is almost impossible to have bf problems for 4-5 cm lengthening. After all many doctors believe that stretching before LL plays a minor to zero role to what will happen when you lengthen. Flexibility of soft tissues is more a genetic thing. But I repeat, for less than 5 cm in tibias the risk of major bf is almost zero.

For this amount however I think that you can easily do externals only.
I don't know if Monegal is experienced in external methods but I wouldn't do internals in tibias for many reasons.
But it is up to you.
Stop chatting total bullcrap... You can do 5 cm and have massive ballerina. You can do 3 cm and have ballerina. Other thing is that laying flat feet on the ground does not make anything good. IE you need full dorsiflexion to walk downstairs like a normal person without being uncomfortable.
BB where did you find information that doing 5 cm prevents you from having any risk in term of ballerina foot? I would love to read it.

Body Builder

« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2017, 12:33:09 PM »

Stop chatting total bullcrap... You can do 5 cm and have massive ballerina. You can do 3 cm and have ballerina. Other thing is that laying flat feet on the ground does not make anything good. IE you need full dorsiflexion to walk downstairs like a normal person without being uncomfortable.
BB where did you find information that doing 5 cm prevents you from having any risk in term of ballerina foot? I would love to read it.
If you lengthen at a slow rate (0.66 cm per day) it is almost impossible to have major bf before 5cm.
I never saw anyone to have bf at less that 5-5.5 that haven't completely gone away 2-3 months max after he stopped lengthening.
And from my personal experience, before 6cm my fb was minimum (less that 10 degrees for sure) but after that amount it became much worse, although I still believe that I could handle it without doind the crapy LL.

So Doomsday show respect to a veteran and don't say that I write bullcraps.
Bf strongly related to the amount you lengthen and the lengthening speed and no, at 3-4 cm is almost impossible to have bf unless you had equinus problems even before LL.
If you know anyone who had major bf at less than 5cm tell us who he was.

Zeo

« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2017, 07:37:19 PM »

If you lengthen at a slow rate (0.66 cm per day) it is almost impossible to have major bf before 5cm.
I never saw anyone to have bf at less that 5-5.5 that haven't completely gone away 2-3 months max after he stopped lengthening.
And from my personal experience, before 6cm my fb was minimum (less that 10 degrees for sure) but after that amount it became much worse, although I still believe that I could handle it without doind the crapy LL.

So do you think that one can lengthen to 6 cm tibias (actual gain) without developing bf (or bf that's not easily fixed by walking/pt post lengthening) if they walk as much as possible and lengthening as slow as their consolidation will let them (without getting preconsolidation)? Pretty much the question is can you lengthen to 6 cm tibias and NOT do ATL and still not have bf but also feel "normal" post recovery.

I know it varies between people/genetics but whats your opinion on this. I know that 5cm is doable without complications, but what about 6 cm? Where do you think is the line is drawn? Can you do 6.5 cm in tibias if you take ALL the precautions (flexible pre surgery, walk frequently, lengthen as slow as physically possible, take a week break from lengthening in the middle if your consolidation lets you, etc) and not have bf but also not do ATL and also feel "normal" (relatively normal).

Like I said i know it varies but what do you think in general?
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

FDR101

« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »

Hey Yagen,

How did Tibia operation go?

Best of luck

yagen

Re: Dr. Monegal/Dr Donghoon Lee - internal Tibias - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2017, 07:59:03 AM »

I had my bilateral surgery It was fine surgery last about 4 hours.
All was OK, doctor Monegal told me that my left tibia was more curly. Every patient and every surgery is unique.

I took the epidural anesthesia for 2 or 3 days, level of pain was about 3/10. I was tired to stay on the bed, and after one hour I needed to change my position.

After of the surgery, I can move my toes and I had more feeling in the feet than with femurs, till this point one stage/two stages is very similar when you don't need to move from your bed. Before surgery I was frightened about the catheter in my penis, they put me when I was dreamed, and it was easy to manage the first days,

In the surgery room, Dr Monegal was accompanied by Dr Donghoon Lee from Korea that he uses to use Precise, but he wants to know the technique of Dr Monegal in the tibia to introduce the nail without hurt tendons. Besides, there were a French doctor and a woman, I didn´t remember their names.

So I think this forum is to share experience, and doctors try to do the best for their patients, someone prefers Precise or Fitbone, but they interchange their knowledge for the best outcome of the patients.

yagen

« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2017, 11:53:17 AM »

I attached a video three days after surgery. I can move my leg and it is easier to move the leg than with femurs.
https://vimeo.com/233980588

The level of pain was at the video 1/10. A little pain in the nail that join ankle with the fibula.

Some user has told me about the tube in my penis when I did two stages in femurs, they did not put me, but when you do bilateral, they put this small tube, I did not feel anything just a bit painful when they quit me three days after surgery. They don't put you anything in your ass if you want to do poop you ask for a chock, and you poop over it on your bed.

kimthien2246

• Visitor
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »

Hello Yagen,
I am going to do  LL operation at the end of this year (5cm in tibias).
i have ever heard that after lengthening, years later, people usually face some problems like aching bones, getting painful whenever weather changes like turning winter. Although your bones get full consolidation, this side effect still last forever.
How is your? Pls give us some experiences.

Tks so much!

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2017, 03:58:31 AM »

Yo - Clinical Diagonal feels like a decade ago...Nice to see the video. Probably the best hospital and service i've ever experienced. When are you arriving at MIC? I'm here now  8) Would be awesome to hang out!

yagen

« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2017, 06:05:57 PM »

At this point, I think it's easier to do bilateral tibias than two stages with femurs. knee suffers less. I can handle by myself the third day between the bed and wheelchair and go to the bathroom.

I feel better right leg than the left one, but it is normal, I had more curly my left leg.

I took a stolen picture of the Dr. Monegal / Dr. Donghoon Lee / Frenchman Dr and a girl while they were taking a snack, and I was waiting for admission

I will try to upload the x-ray of the osteotomy

@kimthien2246 I can not forecast the weather, and I had my first surgery 1 year and 9 months.

@InferiorityComplex Alberto the PT told me about a patient in the Mics, I do not if it would be you. I will be in a hotel/apartment of my best friend. But it easy to meet in x-ray or just for a coffee.

Datum

« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »

Nice stalking job!
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up