Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen  (Read 121351 times)

yagen

Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:18:57 PM »

Greetings,

I live about 700 km from Barcelonalona. I am going to do the lengthening the second week of 16th January.

I have been following the forum and I think it is the moment to clim my everest. I have been trainning for lengthening one month now, and spend time just for myself is incredible, I have a goal, and I am going to reach with the help of Dr. Monegal.

I am going to do the surgery in two stage, first in January, second in April. Thank you so much to Glenn, Bohemia, musicmaker, They tryed to give all the pros and contra of the surgery in one stage or in two.

I had a meeting with Dr. Monegal 9-nov, and he showed me a video of people walking just finished the distration stage of one leg without crutches and for me was awesome.

The planning is following, just one week on the hospital and after I can come back to my home, It is a simple plan. Let see.

I am between 35-40 years old and my height is 1,70 cm and my goal is between 6,5 and 8 cm more.

I dont have any problems with girls, dates or similar. Just want to reach my personal goal.

I think the ratio risk/profit is low, for me is not different that if you have a ski or motorcicly accident.

I attached a picture of my femurs.

Alea iacta est

Devildog 0331

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 07:48:57 PM »

You have a great starting height wish u the best on your journey to greatness

ouroboros

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:23:37 AM »

Congrats!    Looking forward to reading your diary....... all the best.

AimHigh

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 05:11:35 AM »

Hey Yagen, I have 6 cm Femur discrepency from op with Dr Monegal in March this year.
I am walking without crutches since July, but walking is a bit slow (no running at all), stairs are slower, and still now my leg is a bit sore and stiff.
I cant fully flex knee (but now pretty close to full flexion - plenty enough to walk without too much limp).
LL is different to simple broken bones in an accident. I have broke my tib before in motorbike accident 10 years ago - I was walking fine in 2 months. LL is much tougher because of soft tissue stretching, and associated long recovery and pain (I doubt I will ever achieve my old reaching flexibilty of 15- 20 below toes - lucky to reach toes with tip of fingers now).
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

alps

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »

Hey Yagen, I have 6 cm Femur discrepency from op with Dr Monegal in March this year.
I am walking without crutches since July, but walking is a bit slow (no running at all), stairs are slower, and still now my leg is a bit sore and stiff.
I cant fully flex knee (but now pretty close to full flexion - plenty enough to walk without too much limp).
LL is different to simple broken bones in an accident. I have broke my tib before in motorbike accident 10 years ago - I was walking fine in 2 months. LL is much tougher because of soft tissue stretching, and associated long recovery and pain (I doubt I will ever achieve my old reaching flexibilty of 15- 20 below toes - lucky to reach toes with tip of fingers now).

Did you have a discrepancy or do you have one now? That sounds like a very long recovery man! What's the issue? Slow consolidation?

yagen

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 08:17:40 AM »

Thank you so much Devildog 0331 and ouroboros for your wishes :)

AimHigh

From march to november is about 8 month, is a long time for bone consolidation. you need about 200 days for full consolidation, you need to improve your I have the same question than SAD.

¿did you do one leg or two? ¿had you any problem with consolidation? If you started to walk unaid in July, 3 month post surgery, do you thing that your leg have improved well?

I know that LL is different than an accident, but you have to spend a lot of time in recovery. There are a lot of videos of Sweeden 9 mothns after surgery, I know that every person is different.

Some more questions, how was the pain? when do you think that you could drive your own car?

there are other patient like Bohemia or Glenn that they have just finished the distration phase, you can talk with them in order to check your recovery.

I would like to know how is your recovery, please try to write a few words more.

Cheers AimHigh

AimHigh

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 11:28:19 PM »

Hi Guys,
Op RLeg mid march, walking without crutches (slowly) by mid july - 4 months, not  too bad for a guy close to 50 !.
Knee flexion now at around 135 degrees, again not too bad, hope for full flexion over next few months.
Did not do left leg yet due to personal reasons, have been back at work since start September.
have taken no (nothing) pain killers since end of lengthening, but last 2 cm was tough, max .8mm day, but often less.
Nerve pain (both in Femur, and tib !)was quite annoying, but now pretty minimal.
This is no walk in park ! - btw 176.5 cm evening height now.

2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

glenn

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »

Hi Yagen!

Just wanted to wish you good luck on your op, so happy for you! Keep us posted on how it goes.

yagen

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »

Thank you Glenn  :)

How do you feel your body now that you have finished the lengtening?? can you sleep better?

glenn

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 04:09:51 PM »

Thank you Glenn  :)

How do you feel your body now that you have finished the lengtening?? can you sleep better?

Sleep is great! Eight hours a day now. Leg muscles are still sore, but getting better every day.

yagen

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 04:11:57 PM »

Sleep is great! Eight hours a day now. Leg muscles are still sore, but getting better every day.

I am very glad for you  :)

yagen

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »

Just 2 weeks for my surgery!!!!

My PT has recomended me this device in order to reduce the pain.

Has anybody tried this kind of device?

Has any problem with Fitbone?

Many thanks

chsn

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 06:54:14 PM »

Hi yagen, good luck with your surgery!...Monegal is a great choice.....Correct me if im wrong, I believe Guichet and Betz lets their patient use those things after surgery.....Saw one of those on Guichets website a while ago, and i think andrewszizzles had a picture of one of those thinks in his diary.

yagen

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »

Ok, I will have one week to talk with Dr Monegal at hospital.

Musicmaker, what kind of things did you carry to the hospital? Sport clothes? Crutches?  ....

Cual es el kit básico?

yagen

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 08:32:49 AM »

D-5.

This next weekend I will do the surgery. Now I am focus on streching!!! I have a lot of doubts about pain, how I will be able to walk with crutches......

Besides I have learnt that my main goal of 7-8 cm have changed, there is not a goal of time or cm, just a deal with my body. I want to listen my body.

This is my original flexibility, two months ago I could not reach the toes.

Alea iacta est

aboali1022

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »

I can assure you, with two stages, your pain will be minimized. Dr Monegal is a very good surgeon, so you shouldn't worry about pain. Instead, you should focus on being positive all the times. Best of luck  ;)

Ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 01:55:33 PM »

Hey Yagen, good luck!  :)

I am looking forward to read about your experience, since I am also a potential LL user with Monegal (I also had a consultation with him in November)

Just 2 quick questions: are you planning to work during lengthening/consolidation? are you planning to try some weight-bearing on the operated limb (I mean taking some unaided steps at home/gym, etc)

Again, best of wishes!

yagen

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »

@aboali1022

Thank you buddy, this is a mental game, I always think in Apotheosis and the quote of Gleen "pain will go away and height stay with you"

@Ozymandias

I will be one week at hostpita, one week at home, and 16 days after surgery  I will try to go to the office, my job is seated and I dont have to move, I dont need to go away from my office. I asked to other patients and he told me, the first two weeks are the worst.

No, I am not planing to try some weight-bearing on the operated limb, but I will follow the suggestion of the doctor. I think you have to be very carefully because the most important problem is when you broke the nail if you fall down.

Keep on streching!!!

Christopherbulder

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »

@aboali1022

Thank you buddy, this is a mental game, I always think in Apotheosis and the quote of Gleen "pain will go away and height stay with you"

@Ozymandias

I will be one week at hostpita, one week at home, and 16 days after surgery  I will try to go to the office, my job is seated and I dont have to move, I dont need to go away from my office. I asked to other patients and he told me, the first two weeks are the worst.

No, I am not planing to try some weight-bearing on the operated limb, but I will follow the suggestion of the doctor. I think you have to be very carefully because the most important problem is when you broke the nail if you fall down.

Keep on streching!!!

good luck 

Ozymandias

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 05:54:07 PM »

Hey Yagen,

How was your big day? I hope everything is going well!

yagen

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 09:40:44 AM »

D0

The surgery was excellent. I cant remenber anything Doctor Monegal showed me pictures of the broken leg, and when I woke up I thougnt that it was a dream.

I met wit two patients that they had to erase the nails or similiar,

Level of pain 1/10, I can move my toes.

I ate at nigh a omelet and a soup, after I felt a little dizzybut in 10 minutes I felt ok again.

I slept well but I had no sleep but I slept 5 hours, I have no any pain.

D+1 Dr Monegal are going to visit me but he has been connected to whatapp asking me about me feelings.

The hospital is wonderfull, nurses, all of 10. If we stay here bring a multi socket for plug all your devices next to you.

I think that today I will start with my exercises, let´s see.

@Christopherbulder @Ozymandias @musicmaker thank you so much for the support

chsn

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 12:51:39 PM »

Awesome stuff yagen! We are rooting for ya!

KrP1

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »

Hey yagen. Good luck in your journey!

Ozymandias

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 04:13:36 PM »

Glad to read you are doing well  :)

Keep us informed!

ouroboros

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »

Great news Yagen, keep it up!

Revenge

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2016, 07:27:15 PM »

God luck

yagen

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »

@Revenge @ouroboros @Ozymandias @KrP1 @chsn Thank you for your encouragement

D+1

The level of pain all the day was 0/10

I had my first PT sesion with a CPM machine, The devices bend my knee to 94º about 40 minutes.

Tomorrow Doctor Monegal will quit my catheter with epidural anesthesia, I will be able to feel better the leg and the pain will increase, but let see tomorrow.

Alea iacta est

Peaceout

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 11:22:20 AM »

Good luck yagen!!  :)
How are you today?

yagen

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »

D+2 pain 0/10

This morning I had the secod PT sesion for 40 min, I can move better mi foot.

I think that my pain will increase when my catheter will go out.

Now I am working, sending email, I am speending my time how to built a CPM machine  :D

I think that it is very easy to built in order to improve my therapy at home.

@Peaceout thank you

I

Peaceout

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 02:37:21 PM »

Building? What do you mean lol :D

yagen

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 03:34:24 PM »

Building? What do you mean lol :D

Justin Bieber machine  :P :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up