Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Or Two LL Surgery?  (Read 1733 times)

jerry

One Or Two LL Surgery?
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »

Hi guys,  I am considering whether to do one or two LL.   So basically the two options

1) 7-8cm on Tibias
2)  3-5cm in femurs and 2-4cm in tibia.   Total 6-9cm on Femurs & Tibias.

What do you guys think is safer and better for long term recovery?

2nd question, I am considering monorail device, I read that external is not good for femurs?   

Thanks

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: One Or Two LL Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:51:47 PM »

Hi guys,  I am considering whether to do one or two LL.   So basically the two options

1) 7-8cm on Tibias
2)  3-5cm in femurs and 2-4cm in tibia.   Total 6-9cm on Femurs & Tibias.

What do you guys think is safer and better for long term recovery?

2nd question, I am considering monorail device, I read that external is not good for femurs?   

Thanks

In terms of biomechanics it would probably make for a better recovery to have it split between tibias and femurs. At the same time, with two surgeries you double the risk of complications happening and have to recover from the stress twice.

External femurs have been discouraged and some people have had very bad complications with them. At the same time, recent cases we've heard of where people dealt with bad external femur complications happened with doctors that were suspect to begin with. Medium Drink Of Water said they still offer external femurs at the Beijing clinic. I think if you're with a good doctor you could do external femurs, but they will be more difficult to tolerate than internal femurs for sure.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

mediocre

Re: One Or Two LL Surgery?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »

The limit of lengthening is not due to the bone but due to the soft tissue.

If you do 2 surgeries instead of one surgery, you lessen the risks overall (less complications from soft tissue).

But as Kilokahn said, 2 surgeries would mean double the risk of the surgery itself. Plus the time and money issues.

If you have the time and money, I will go for 2 surgeries. But if you're like me, especially time constraints, I'd do 6-7cm femur, and probably 8cm maximum if your body is responding well.

You'll learn a lot from this Precise FAQ by Dr Paley if you haven't read it yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up