Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: advantages of being 188 cm over 183 cm?  (Read 14696 times)

endomorphisme

advantages of being 188 cm over 183 cm?
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:56:40 AM »

Based on your experience, would you say 188 cm is far better, slightly better than 183 cm, or just equal.
At 183 cm, i never had problems getting girls, some said i was tall.As an engineer, height has no importance at my workplace, but i still want to be 185 cm or  bit above, i consider 185 cm to be the psychological barrier for a young man, as the average height in my country is 180 cm for my generation.
so All facial features and qualities equals, would you say that 188 cm is a lot or just slightly better?

Deads

Re: advantages of being 188 cm over 183 cm?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »

Dude, you're asking a bunch of guys who are on average under 5"8.. We don't have any experience being 188cm and never will.

But based off of my common sense, you're already above average. So you'll go into the surgery being tall and come out being......... Tall.

PatientZero

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »

Let's analyze the facts:

-You are 183cm or around 6', the magical height all men desire
-Never had an issue with women or in the professional workplace
-You think theres a psychological barrier, and you can overcome this by gaining a measly 2cm, 183cm -> 185cm

You just described height dysmorphia, a form of mental illness and I highly suggest you speak to a psychologist.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Ozymandias

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 03:00:08 PM »

At 183 cm, i never had problems getting girls, some said i was tall.As an engineer, height has no importance at my workplace, but i still want to be 185 cm or  bit above, i consider 185 cm to be the psychological barrier for a young man, as the average height in my country is 180 cm for my generation.

:o Please tell me that you are NOT considering LL

Alu

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »

I like what Uppland said in regards to wanting more after you're already 183 cm+; it seems counter productive to do so. You're already at a height where it would never matter what others think because you're already taller then most people around the world. At the same time doing this surgery can make you disproportionate to a degree, lowering your attractiveness to the opposite sex.

My 2 cents

Adam.bax

• 200cm with an 80cm inside leg
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 04:11:07 PM »

I'm 200cm and I can honestly say being over 183 doesn't get more woman unless she's around 183cm

spaghetti743

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 04:40:33 PM »

5'11-6'1 is the golden range.

Would rather be 5'11 then 6'2.

Want More

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 05:52:01 PM »

Based on your experience, would you say 188 cm is far better, slightly better than 183 cm, or just equal.
so All facial features and qualities equals, would you say that 188 cm is a lot or just slightly better?
That's funny becuse you with 183cm has been called tall,but me with 180cm was lot of time called short,maybe just couple time called average. I think that is not just in numbers,it's more how we look. I have short legs,average upper body and very long neck,i think that long neck makes my body look smaller,and my short legs makes me look shorter. I live in tall country i need to be at least 190 to be called tall,but i have couple friends who are 186cm tall and when i compare them to others they don't short,so i would be 100% happy with 186cm :)
I need only 5cm.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »

188 is probably better than 183. Your current height is not bad at all though, so the question is if it's worth the money, pain and long term fitness.
Chances are quit high that you don't get any benefit from this. I'd probably use 1-2cm lifts and call it a day.
If I had to choose, I'd take 188 but I would not do LL to get to this height from 183.

endomorphisme

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 06:45:57 PM »

188 is probably better than 183. Your current height is not bad at all though, so the question is if it's worth the money, pain and long term fitness.
Chances are quit high that you don't get any benefit from this. I'd probably use 1-2cm lifts and call it a day.
If I had to choose, I'd take 188 but I would not do LL to get to this height from 183.

i'm not asking wether this surgery is worth it or not, i just wanted to discuss about the benefits of being 188 cm instead of 183 cm.
Sure, most people won't hit 180-185 cm, but they talk a lot about the ideal height, which seems to be somewhere between 183 and 193 cm.
There are many guys who are 177-180 cm here, just like you, i just wanted to hear your opinion.

That's funny becuse you with 183cm has been called tall,but me with 180cm was lot of time called short,maybe just couple time called average. I think that is not just in numbers,it's more how we look. I have short legs,average upper body and very long neck,i think that long neck makes my body look smaller,and my short legs makes me look shorter. I live in tall country i need to be at least 190 to be called tall,but i have couple friends who are 186cm tall and when i compare them to others they don't short,so i would be 100% happy with 186cm :)

I don't know where you live, but in France, the average height is 176 cm overall, and 176-180 cm cm for young men depending upon where you live ( for instance, in Paris the average height for young white men must be 180 cm, but in normandie, where i currently live, the average height seems to be more 178 cm).In the rest of Europe the average height for young men is about 180 cm, except in the Netherlands and southern european countries.
Sure, 183 cm which is 3 to 5 cm above average for a young man can't be considered tall, but many women, especially those who are below 170 cm, may think it's quite tall/tall.If you don't live in the netherlands, then you are just bull ing, or you are just very bad when it comes to observe height.As regard myself, i don't have any problems with that, i'am an engineer, a scientist if you prefer, so i'm used to sizing up.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »

I think very few people will notice or care about someone going from tall to taller.

endomorphisme

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »

I think very few people will notice or care about someone going from tall to taller.

i don't think so, some of my friends are very aware about height, especially the tall ones.
I would agree with the fact that most people who are in the average range wouldn't notice the change, but those are in the tall range will, especially if i reach the same height as them.
For example, one of my friend is 188 cm.He is the only one who accurately guessed my height.A friend is 193 cm, and he always notices the guys who are taller...

theuprising

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 08:01:08 PM »

The risk vs reward is scaled very heavily towards risk in this case. Social benefits will be minimal while there is potential to mess up your athletic abilities and proportions (yes it has happened on people doing 5cm and less).

All things being equal there is a slight benefit in going from 183 to 188 but not worth it.

Want More

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 09:17:26 PM »

What do you think guys does girls love more  tall guys (186-192cm)or giant (192cm+) ?
I need only 5cm.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »

If all you want to know is which of the two heights is better, I'm sure that most people would prefere to be 188. This height is ideal and any further lengthening would not be beneficial anymore.
Do 4 cm's and be 187, this way you'll have a quick recovery and very decent proportions. You'll have the standart height for male models as well just in case you want to become one yourself, like so many others here on the forum who already do that for a living 8).
I'd do that if I was you.

Deads

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 10:35:49 PM »

i don't think so, some of my friends are very aware about height, especially the tall ones.
I would agree with the fact that most people who are in the average range wouldn't notice the change, but those are in the tall range will, especially if i reach the same height as them.
For example, one of my friend is 188 cm.He is the only one who accurately guessed my height.A friend is 193 cm, and he always notices the guys who are taller...

Dude seriously! You asked our opinion and we gave it to you.. Re-read the quote below. It can't be said any better than this;

Let's analyze the facts:

-You are 183cm or around 6', the magical height all men desire
-Never had an issue with women or in the professional workplace
-You think theres a psychological barrier, and you can overcome this by gaining a measly 2cm, 183cm -> 185cm

You just described height dysmorphia, a form of mental illness and I highly suggest you speak to a psychologist.

PatientZero

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 11:05:46 PM »

Hey for the record, I don't mean to insult you or anyone when I say see a psychologist. I personally saw a pair of psychologist & psychiatrist for 4 years, for psychotherapy and meds. I was able to overcome a lot of issues other than height, highly recommended if insurance covers it.

They think I am batsh1t crazy for wanting to do LL, so take it from one batsh1t crazy to another, that you shouldn't need to burden yourself of thoughts about your height or the height others any longer. Simply just not worth all the negatives of LL for your height. Remember that thread about patients having to start a new life 'cuz their peers just can't handle the truth?

Everyone here thinks you're fine, except for Adam.bax ;D You guys are on the same boat lol.

Hit up the gym, experiment with psychedelics, find ways to artificially and permanently boost your confidence. Cheers, tall friend.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

aspirant185

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »

I am 178 cm and for me 6 cm would mean a lot. I would move from average to the magical boundery (183). For you, it is not so important. At 183 you are tall. With formal shoes you would be 185.

With that being said, if your budget allows it, 6cm internal femur with a top doctor might be worth it in order to jut feel better about yourself. If your budget does not allow it, 4 cm external tibia would still suffice (in my opinion). Nevertheless, at 183, your height is thea least to worry about. Do you have perfect body ? Do you have perfect teeth ? Do you have a nice car/job/education/ ==> all things that would have priority in my list if I were you :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Daylight

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »

I am 1m75 but I got noticed all the time cause I always got best scores in class. Many 1m88 bitches wish they have my brain to got into better program. Just saying that height is not everything. 1m83 is more than enough for height. You should care about other aspects in life. Being said, my answer is the benefit from going from 1m83 to 1m88 is close to 0. You might enjoy it for a few years if you are still young, but after 30, yo will have a wife, kids.... many thing will come to you to the point that you dont even care abt your height anymore....

endomorphisme

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 06:15:02 PM »

In 2016 so "next" year I will do ll, I will tell you If I see benefits.
I just want to do it because I feel short a lot, I don't expect many changes btw
I just want to feel confident and comfortable.

Overdozer

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 11:32:42 PM »

The advantages are that you're 5 centimeters taller.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

blahblah

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 02:07:19 AM »

Advantage: None, unless you are a pro athlete - even then we are pushing it.

salutewomens

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »

Dude, you're asking a bunch of guys who are on average under 5"8.. We don't have any experience being 188cm and never will.

But based off of my common sense, you're already above average. So you'll go into the surgery being tall and come out being......... Tall.

haha yeah, agree with Deads! but at 183 cms you are a real lucky person.  :P

Name

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 03:00:20 AM »

How did the surgery go? Are you 188 cm tall now?

Knik

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 09:15:52 AM »

"I just want to do it because I feel short a lot"
don't feed him, but the fact he probably didn't make it ?
Looking for Pili

bander72.

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 12:28:06 PM »

The ideal height is 190cm to me
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

Bigdawg

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 08:31:07 PM »

To be honest fam, 183 is like putting just the tip for your penis in a vagina. Sure its a decent height but you dont really get any perks of being tall. Like women seeing your height as attractive feature that only happens at 185cm or higher sorry for the bad news small guy

YungGud

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »

188 maybe just little better than 183 or even equal
If we compare 188 with something taller, there will be no difference
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

sylar94

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »

If you are above 180 cm, you would be better investing your time in becoming a millionaire than wasting your time to become taller

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2019, 11:48:23 PM »

Everyone here needs to stop focusing on numbers. I don't mean to be offensive but it's autistic. Paying attention to numbers too much is what ensnares the naive into height neurosis in the first place.

You should focus on height ranges instead and how you compare to female height statistically, as this is how the world percieves you anyway. If you're tall,as you are ,then any additional height is not really going to benefit you.

Activatedx

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 12:24:17 AM »

If you are already 6ft and you’re considering breaking your perfectly good legs to get taller you are an idiot
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up