Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mitkovic veteran patient - AMA (Ask Me Anything)  (Read 25740 times)

vetpat

Re: Mitkovic veteran patient - AMA (Ask Me Anything)
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »

Thanks for the response man, I'm just joking about the girls. I hate the feeling of someone feeling sorry for me so I wouldn't want a girl friend while I'm in a wheel chair. I would actually rather hire a nurse or caretaker then a Gf. I might hire one of the those university students to teach me a language though.

Now after 7 months were you able to walk or is there a few months of consolidation after getting those removed? Because 7 months sounds reasonable, I've heard around 11 months for ex fix.

Unfortunately not everyone knows you're going to recover so you see people on the streets feeling sorry for you. I remember going to Merkator (a local shopping) and taking the elevator. When you reach the 2nd floor (I think) there's a cafe and all clients looks at you. I don't know if it is because they know you've done the procedure but It was embarrassing in the beginning. Maybe it was all in my mind since later It was all fine and I used to buy groceries there too. Just carry a backpack in your wheelchair.

IMPORTANT:
You can use Google Translator CROATIAN X YOUR LANGUAGE. If you use SERBIAN, you'll see only Cyrillic. If I knew that I would've learned a lot more.

Ask some nurse if it is possible for her to change your bandages at home. I think you should change it weekly. No funny business. Just to save $.

I was able to walk after 4 months with crutches. I had some ballerina foot so I had to use sneakers to walk. My muscles adapted after without problems so it's just a matter of time. Most patients take a little longer to walk. I used the walker at home everyday (going to the bathroom, washing dishes, etc).

3 months to stretch.
4th month to walk.
7th month to remove the device.

Four months was enough for ME to consolidate. If you lengthen more, do less exercise, have a poorer diet, etc, you might take longer. If in doubt, you can take an X-RAY to see how it goes.

From Alu:
Would you ever be willing to post a video of sorts showing your recovery or anymore pictures? If not then that's understandable.

Anyways, how was it getting used to having longer legs then what you'd naturally been used to? I.E: any sort of movements or actions that are now awkward or difficult to do. I'm talking about both exercise and day to day life.

When you are laying down do you ever look at your legs and think about whether they are too long?

I'm assuming your Tibia are either equal length to your femurs or possibly greater, how does that dynamic work?

And lastly, do you personally feel, now that you have done 5 CM, that you (getting 3 cm extra in the femurs) or someone else doing 8 CM (say either in one segment or spreading it out into the two) would be too much?

I wouldn't mind if I knew how to cover my face in the video.

In the beginning you'll get more conscious about your legs, proportions, etc. I knew I had surgery and I kept a close eye. When you recover muscles it's less noticeable so you won't think about it after. Just came here because a friend told me about it and I thought I could post something to help future patients. Not only for Mitkovic's but for any LL patient.

As I said in a previous post, no loss in movement but when you crouch, you notice your ankles doesn't touch your buttocks anymore. Unless you crouch "differently" (staying in your toes). Anyways, it is bad for your knees so when I have to crouch, I do it like babies (the correct way), with your ankles touching the floor. Same movement when you do squats in the gym (correctly).

At 5'7, I would love to do another 3cm (maybe 4cm) in my femurs if I had the time and patience. I just don't know if it's worth the hassle. When you remove the device after 7 months, you just want to enjoy your new height.

Do I regret not doing more? Not for a second.

Don't know your height but I advise ANYONE to do 2 inches (5cm) in tibia first. If you still feel short, do an extra surgery in the future.

Peaceout

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2016, 07:37:00 PM »

Im really glad that your friend told you about this forum.You are very helpful. :)
And it would be awesome if yu can post that video.You can use a mask.If you dont have it maybe use a program to cover your face or my last option is just use sunglasses,hat and a scarf so you will be covered %100

Alu

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »

Hmm well two options are available: use an editing software that creates blurs (I think Iamready used it at one point before saying fk it). Or the more practical way just get a mask and a hoodie to cover your face (if you go to the gym that might be weird though lol).

Last question: Considering you've already done it, what do you personally feel (again if a person could just simply increase all 4 segments, and not just 2 like most do) is the max one could lengthen without looking to weird? Another way of putting it specifically for you; how much do you think you can lengthen total before your body becomes noticeably weird?

Want More

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »

Guys if somone want to know how fast is recovery i could sent to him videos that Descreteuser send to me. He send me his consolidation phase for 7 weeks. So if someone want video send me a message :)
I need only 5cm.

theuprising

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2016, 08:06:13 PM »

Hey vetpat, regarding your compression of 5mm. Most recent studies have shown there should be no compression after lengthening and previous studies showing compression were due to error in measurement by the method the researcher used.
For a lengthening of 5.5cm 4 months is incredibly fast for frame removal (I'm surprised your compression was on 5mm considering time frame).

Why did the frame come off so soon?

ub40

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »

Hey Vetpat you're a saint for answering all these questions. So was it 7 months total and you took them off or an additional 7 after the lengthening?

Also I have heard of rumours of east europeans not liking darker skinned or middle eastern looking ppl. Do you think that would be a problem? Im seriously considering India or South Africa for that reason. I dont know if Serbians are like that but I do know Russians and Ukrainians can be. Did you have any experience with other foreign non white patients?

Thanks man
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

vetpat

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »

I only have one video doing exercise and It doesn't show my legs properly. I might post one doing squats (with a lot of weight) in the future. Below you can see my calfs aren't that huge.

From Alu:
Last question: Considering you've already done it, what do you personally feel (again if a person could just simply increase all 4 segments, and not just 2 like most do) is the max one could lengthen without looking to weird? Another way of putting it specifically for you; how much do you think you can lengthen total before your body becomes noticeably weird?

Realistically speaking, most people don't want to go thru a second surgery since the recovery takes too long. Most cosmetic surgeries take a month MAX. I took my device after 7 months. Probably took me a whole year so I felt confident I could run, exercise legs in the gym, etc. When you go back to your life you want to enjoy your new height and recover the time lost (making money for example, going out..).
Most patients prefer to lengthen 7cm and be done with it. Unless you continue short (and not average) I think most will crave a second operation. Losing another year (almost) is not for everyone.

To understand how much you can lengthen, take into account your race and height.

Average speaking:
Whites: short legs
Asians: short limbs.
Blacks: Short torso

If you're male, white or Asian and have 5'9 to start, it's easier for you to lengthen 3 inches without looking disproportionate. Can't say the same for a black man who start with 5'1.

I did 2 inches. I know I'll never be 6ft. Unfortunately some think they can lengthen 6 inches.

It all depends on your initial height and proportions. I think my proportions are better than before operation. Don't know If I would say the same doing a second surgery.

From theuprising:
Hey vetpat, regarding your compression of 5mm. Most recent studies have shown there should be no compression after lengthening and previous studies showing compression were due to error in measurement by the method the researcher used.
For a lengthening of 5.5cm 4 months is incredibly fast for frame removal (I'm surprised your compression was on 5mm considering time frame).

Why did the frame come off so soon?

When I unscrew the lengthening pin, before removing the device (during many days) I noticed compression. I was unscrewing slowly (slower than lengthening) for many days till I noticed the bone was holding my weight. For sure I had compression. Can't say how much but it is something like 3mm. Maybe more. I can't remember exactly.

A theory I have (I could be way wrong): I've heard that compressing increases the recovery even during lengthening. When I walked, the metal bar, being a little flexible, could be creating constant micro compressions during the whole procedure. Maybe my recovery was fast since I walked everyday at home (using the walker) and with crutches after the 4th month.

From kian222:
Hey Vetpat you're a saint for answering all these questions. So was it 7 months total and you took them off or an additional 7 after the lengthening?

Also I have heard of rumours of east europeans not liking darker skinned or middle eastern looking ppl. Do you think that would be a problem? Im seriously considering India or South Africa for that reason. I dont know if Serbians are like that but I do know Russians and Ukrainians can be. Did you have any experience with other foreign non white patients?

Thanks man

7 months total.

I've seen two patients from India and one NY (black). I didn't notice any kind of racism. One of the Indians stayed there for more than a year because he liked it there. I used to hang out with the New Yorker and I haven't noticed racism from locals.
That was way before the "refugee" crisis. Doubt you're going to have problems though.

aspirant185

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2016, 03:21:01 AM »

Thanks for the awesome job Vetpat. Its really awesome how you are done with LL, don't have any permanent side effects, and can basically move on with you life as if you never had the procedure. This is like the dream of all prospective LL patients. Its not the money or the long recovery but more the permanent damage that people are afraid of. Do you keep in touch with the two patients you mentioned, did they recover fully as you did ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

vetpat

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »

^^

I still have contact with 3 previous patients thru email (have one on facebook). We never talked about the procedure since e left Nis. But I know they're fine. One is partying a lot recently.

From Facebook pictures, he looks quite fine. Not going to bother them asking though.

ub40

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2016, 03:57:32 AM »

What's the best way to reach these guys. I haven't got any responses from my emails
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

vetpat

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2016, 10:03:48 AM »

What's the best way to reach these guys. I haven't got any responses from my emails

What do you mean responses from your emails? Who are you sending emails to?

Most patients don't return to the forum after the procedure since they're just fine but busy. If there is any serious issue, they'll share it here (or the old forum).

Alu

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »

So considering that it's the end of January, and you did promise to leave by the end of it, I am wondering if you are going to post some exercise vids or more proportions pics. Like I said before, it's fine if you don't want to.

The only reason I'm writing now is to simply thank you for time on the forums and the insight you gave us. I wish you well mate!

vetpat

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »

Sorry for not posting a video doing exercise.

Just came here to say good bye and advise short people to do LL. It was the best decision I made. If you can, don't think twice, DO IT. Be it with Mitkovic or any other reputable doctor. There is plenty of good options these days.

I am passing the torch. I know many future patients will share diaries and stories.

Wish you guys the best!

ouroboros

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »

Respect!

Deads

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:19 PM »

Sorry for not posting a video doing exercise.

Just came here to say good bye and advise short people to do LL. It was the best decision I made. If you can, don't think twice, DO IT. Be it with Mitkovic or any other reputable doctor. There is plenty of good options these days.

I am passing the torch. I know many future patients will share diaries and stories.

Wish you guys the best!

Thank you :)

bob111

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »

Wait this doesn't make sense about WWII.  The male has an XY chromosome and the female has an XX chromosome.  One each is donated to the baby.  So even if 90% of the males were killed in WWII the next generation would have a 50% sex ratio.  Unless you count 80 year old women into the equation...

I can answer to that as well because I live next to Serbia and visited the country many times.
Serbian girls are very hot but I doubt they would be interested in half crippled guys in a wheelchair :D

Further, they dress really nicely and often wear heels for no obvious reason, like when going for groceries :)
With that being said, you can always use tinder and start a chat, telling a girl that you are a tourist in Nis and you had an accident and had to have ur legs taken care of. Btw Nis is a student town with over 10 000 students and most are girls. In Eastern Europe, because of the WW II, generally the male:female rations tends to be around 47:53 and in some countries like Russia/Ukraine that took the biggest hit, as high as high 42:58
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up