Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Increasing height with HGH (Human Growth Hormone)  (Read 10398 times)

Heightmogged

• Visitor
Increasing height with HGH (Human Growth Hormone)
« on: January 27, 2016, 03:24:47 AM »

"Books like these cover the specifics behind the phenomenon:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.10...8/abstract

Basically, even after the epiphyses have ossified ("growth plates have closed" in layman's terms), there are still very thin layers of hyaline cartilage tissue in the spaces and joints between the articular ends of your irregular bones (femur, tibia, humerus, etc) that go through hypertrophy when you supplement with doses of exogenous HGH that exceed the amount produced naturally by your body

Also, fibrocartilage adjacent to the disks in your vertebrae differentiate into hyaline cartilage, which then undergo the same hypertrophy mentioned above, and the HGH makes your bones thicker as a result of periosteal growth. This effect goes for every bone, including those in the feet

The summation of all these "little boosts" generally tends to be an increase of around 1 inch

This phenomenon isn't some unlimited height-gaining cheat-the-system thing. The upper limit of height increase from this is around 1.5 inches. After that, the only other growth you'll see from HGH is in your hands, feet and head as a result of acromegaly.

The amount of time it takes for the entirety of the process to be completed varies from person to person. If you want to try it, I'd suggest running a full 6 month cycle and ramping up from lower doses to higher doses so as to avoid some of the less serious side effects (numbness of the extremities, headaches, jaw aches, etc), which are largely innocuous and subside as soon as the cycle is discontinued, but are annoying

As far as whether it's too late for you or not, there IS a bit of a time limit to the height gain phenomenon. It isn't when your epiphyseal plates ossify, but some time shortly after it - "shortly" in the relative sense, i.e. a few years afterward

Possibly the reason for this is that even when your epiphyses have ossified, you "continue to grow" in the sense that your bones continually shift in position and become a bit thicker for years after the fact, resulting in a few millimeters of "extra height" and a persistent idea that "men continue to grow until they're 25"

In any case, all that shifting might result in extra "pockets" of hyaline cartilage appearing between your articular ends, which can also go through hypertrophy and prevent your bones from "settling" in a position that results in reduced final height

tl;dr You have to do this before you're around 25 years of age if you want to have any chance of it working"

What do you guys think of this?  I just copied and pasted a post by someone else in a thread discussing using HGH for height gain.  I have found various anectodal sources citing that they grew 1-2" even AFTER growth plates have closed.

Anyone have anything to add?  I am seriously considering ordering some HGH and going through with a cycle.  Although I'm almost 28 years old I am still hopeful that it will work for me because there are some people who tried this in their late 20's and maybe even early 30's who reported increases in height.

PatientZero

Re: Increasing height with HGH (Human Growth Hormone)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:21:55 AM »

Hey man, you're the guy that also made the spinal injection thread.

I went through this phase in the first year I found out about LL. I was denying the fact that it would take something as extreme as breaking my legs and stretching it 1mm a day to gain height.

Let's be honest with each other here, you're a 28 year old guy and should be old enough to realize no pill or injection is going to permanently increase your height.

Silicone feet injections, silicone implants on the head, HGH, hip lengthening, pills, inverters, ankle weights, we've heard it all on this forum.

There is no alternative to LL, so muster up the courage to have your limbs broken or forget about your dream.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

patientdad

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 05:59:52 AM »

After the growth plates fuse, HGH will only affect the ears and nose.  That is what a doctor told us.

mrblack

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »

When the last epiphyseal plates are closed, its too late for growth hormones. If you take such hormones in high dosis now in your age it can lead to Acromegaly which means that your body-ends like hands, feet, chin, nose etc. begin to grow again and also internal organs get bigger what can be very dangerous for your health. But its not possible to increase your body height with that.

I read here about people who are using gravity boots and inversion tables to gain some extra height but I am not sure if that really works.

Heightmogged

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 06:14:53 PM »

You guys are saying this won't work and yet you haven't personally tried it.  Instead you are citing your knowledge about science and the body and making a pretty big inference as to how it will work.  Unexpected results in science are very very common...and your doctor is probably at least on the right track but doctors don't know everything and certainly can't predict everything.  There are many people out there who have taken Hgh and they report increases in height.  The explanation I quoted makes sense as well. 

I mean I think the only thing to do is to try it myself and see what happens.  But, I have no idea how much to take and I really don't want to screw my body up.  I'm scared but I really want to do this because 1" in height would make me really happy. 

Heightmogged

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 06:36:12 PM »

Hey man, you're the guy that also made the spinal injection thread.

I went through this phase in the first year I found out about LL. I was denying the fact that it would take something as extreme as breaking my legs and stretching it 1mm a day to gain height.

Let's be honest with each other here, you're a 28 year old guy and should be old enough to realize no pill or injection is going to permanently increase your height.

Silicone feet injections, silicone implants on the head, HGH, hip lengthening, pills, inverters, ankle weights, we've heard it all on this forum.

There is no alternative to LL, so muster up the courage to have your limbs broken or forget about your dream.

Most of my height is already in my legs and I look ridiculous as it is in a mirror.  I've ran the numbers and LL is not an option for me because it would make me look even more ridiculous.  The only way I would do LL is if I could lengthen my torso as well, or I would just take the HGH and my whole body would grow evenly. 

Peaceout

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 07:09:50 PM »

You guys are saying this won't work and yet you haven't personally tried it.  Instead you are citing your knowledge about science and the body and making a pretty big inference as to how it will work.  Unexpected results in science are very very common...and your doctor is probably at least on the right track but doctors don't know everything and certainly can't predict everything.  There are many people out there who have taken Hgh and they report increases in height.  The explanation I quoted makes sense as well. 

I mean I think the only thing to do is to try it myself and see what happens.  But, I have no idea how much to take and I really don't want to screw my body up.  I'm scared but I really want to do this because 1" in height would make me really happy.
is this so hard to understand that it wont work because your plates are closed?
And there ARENT so many people out there who have taken hgh and increased their height? WTF?

Heightmogged

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »

is this so hard to understand that it wont work because your plates are closed?
And there ARENT so many people out there who have taken hgh and increased their height? WTF?

You are misunderstanding the theory behind how this might work.  It does not cause height gain through bone growth at the growth plates.  Rather, it increase bone density to make the boner overall thicker and little bigger, and also acts on cartilage tissue to hypertrophy it, thus making it thicker.  This "whole body" growth adds up to an increase in height. 

Deads

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »

You are misunderstanding the theory behind how this might work.  It does not cause height gain through bone growth at the growth plates.  Rather, it increase bone density to make the boner overall thicker and little bigger, and also acts on cartilage tissue to hypertrophy it, thus making it thicker.  This "whole body" growth adds up to an increase in height.

Hate to say it... But if it were possible, bodybuilders by the masses would be reporting an increase in height.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 09:35:22 PM »

HGH can make your face look bigger and increase the size of your organs so that your gut sticks out. I think it would decrease your level of attractiveness in most situations.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

kohan

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »

HGH sends a message to the liver to produce IGF-1, which increases height.

Not that this height increase before the age of 21 (for guys), and 18 (for girls). After this point, the bones have already undergone ossification, and the growth plates have sealed AKA - YOUR DONE GROWING.

Please not that the average cost of 18 months worth of legal HGH (approved in US, like Serostim and Humatrope) is $24,000 - and that most insurances won't cover it. The China growth hormone (Jintropin, Hygetropin, Ansomone etc) is cheaper, but is illegal in US...

Chris

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »

I've noticed that my health insurance covers the cost for HGH when the kids are too short, but later in life, LL is not covered because the same too short adults are healthy  :o
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »

I would love to see his original source, but the link doesn't work any more. Is there any chance there is truth to this?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 05:27:53 AM »

That type of height growth would require taking unsafe amounts of HGH, in fact you would nearly have to induce acromegaly to get those kinds of effects.

Otherwise, as others have said, there would be a lot of bodybuilders reporting height increases. I've read plenty of posts from body builders taking 3IU/day and none ever mentioned a change in height.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 11:13:37 PM »

i heard high levels of hgh can make u grow after growth plates are closed but you'll only grow torso and feet i have no problem with having a long ass torso and feet but im not risking having large organs it can lead to a bunch of stuff. rather have nails in my legs. tony robbins is a gud example. big head,hands,torso and feet. short femurs and tibias.

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2014/11/28/overstimulation-hgh-growth-plate-closure-cause-slight-height-increase/

YungGud

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »

i tried course of HGH at 21 for a month (it cost a lot) but nothing happened just gained some weight
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »

i tried course of HGH at 21 for a month (it cost a lot) but nothing happened just gained some weight

1 month is not enough even when you are still growing, standard cycle is for at least 6 months.

YungGud

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 11:44:30 PM »

1 month is not enough even when you are still growing, standard cycle is for at least 6 months.

Yes ,that's not not enough for something really noticeable like 3 cm or over but that was enough to see that nothing positive will happen in natural height increasing

Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 11:59:25 PM »

Out of curiosity, that weight gain is permanent or not?

Oh and how many units were you taking?

YungGud

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 11:50:30 PM »

Out of curiosity, that weight gain is permanent or not?

Oh and how many units were you taking?
Yes ,it was definitely permanent,before that I was 72 kg ,know about 76
About the dose it was 3IU 2 times a day first two weeks and 2 other weeks 5IU also twice a day
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »

You think your organs grew?

I thought about taking HGH since i have thyroid issues anyway but the price per month is just....

YungGud

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 12:13:05 AM »

I thought about taking HGH since i have thyroid issues anyway but the price per month is just....

I never try to check if they grew or not but I think they arent
I was thinking about HGH a lot, was afraid about complications and prices but at last decide to try ,any way I understood that ,I need to find another way 4 growing taller and the price for that is really high
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 12:13:25 AM »

Let your insurance cover it.

But HGH wouldn't help your height anymore.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 12:22:58 AM »

Let your insurance cover it.

But HGH wouldn't help your height anymore.

orly

Problem is, i wasn't under 3rd percentile(it means here that you are medically short stature and when i was a kid i was mostly in 70-80th percentile) until my 18 birthday so i had not right to get refunded HGH.

I was thinking about HGH a lot, was afraid about complications and prices but at last decide to try ,any way I understood that ,I need to find another way 4 growing taller and the price for that is really high

I just wanted to try one cycle(around 6 months) back when i was around 16-17 but 400 USD per month was just waaaay too much for me.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 01:18:41 AM »

Seriously now, do you think there is any chance that this theory with limited growth after the growth plates closed, until about 25, might have truth to it? I'm turning 24 in March so I could give it a try...but it will probably only be a waste of money, or not?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 05:45:21 PM »

Hardly, probably the only thing that could grow right now(and i'm 19) is torso length but i highly doubt that it will since i have already big torso comparing to my legs.

But hitting 5'7 would be a fkin dream doe...

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 08:43:54 PM »

how old were you when u took the course? the iu's you were alot, enough to see some growth even if its within a month
Pages: [1]   Go Up