Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My 184cm Proportions vs a long-legged model  (Read 12992 times)

Razorfin

My 184cm Proportions vs a long-legged model
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:01:20 PM »

Showing that even when you are perceived as being long-legged.. By filling out after your lengthening amount, you will be far more attractive that you initially thought, from a proportion perspective.

Link for a Pinterest wall, showing guys of all different proportion ratios, browse at your own leisure:
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/47850814767414483/

TIBIKE200

Re: My 184cm Proportions vs a long-legged model
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »

That's because there isnt such thing as proportions... Humans come in all forms and shapes. I think that people freak out with their mock-ups just like we freak out when we get a new hair-cut. We just need to get used to the new "look"
I learned some stuff during this time

Razorfin

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:53:15 PM »

I totally agree, especially since my proportions here are based off 15cm lengthening. I do agree with the medical reasons you shouldn't do so, the idea of tissue and nerve damage. At the end of the day, you always do what the Doctor says. But purely from an aesthetic point of view, there is no need to undermine your final goal.

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 02:53:23 PM »

That model looks like a complete freak, and I'm pretty sure he's photoshopped.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 02:56:09 PM »

I totally agree, especially since my proportions here are based off 15cm lengthening. I do agree with the medical reasons you shouldn't do so, the idea of tissue and nerve damage. At the end of the day, you always do what the Doctor says. But purely from an aesthetic point of view, there is no need to undermine your final goal.

That picture of you is with 15cm (6 inches) increase?! I thought its how you look today

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 02:57:59 PM »

That picture of you is with 15cm (6 inches) increase?! I thought its how you look today

Yeah, he actually looks good with a 6 inch lengthening.. but you have to think about the functioning and body mechanics too.

Razorfin

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »

@Penguinn: i'd rather be 6 foot 4 and look like him than be 5 foot 6 and be demonstrating a perfect ape index. He may be photoshopped, but I wouldnt call him a 'freak'

@TIBIKE200: that is me 15cm of lengthening standing 184cm with 8cm on Femurs and 7cm on Tibias.

The reason why i may be perceived as looking good at 184 is because i have extremely long arms for my height. I have a wingspan of nearly 180cm and i'm 169. I guess I got lucky in that regard but you are correct, my bio-mechanics could be severely damaged for lengthening that much. My friend is 6 foot 3 and I'm only an inch off his arm lengthen.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »

@Penguinn: i'd rather be 6 foot 4 and look like him than be 5 foot 6 and be demonstrating a perfect ape index. He may be photoshopped, but I wouldnt call him a 'freak'

@TIBIKE200: that is me 15cm of lengthening standing 184cm with 8cm on Femurs and 7cm on Tibias.

The reason why i may be perceived as looking good at 184 is because i have extremely long arms for my height. I have a wingspan of nearly 180cm and i'm 169. I guess I got lucky in that regard but you are correct, my bio-mechanics could be severely damaged for lengthening that much. My friend is 6 foot 3 and I'm only an inch off his arm lengthen.

So you are 168-169? believe me, with 6-8cm increase and being 175-177 you will have a wonderful life. I am super curious about your proportion at your current height. Care to share a pic?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 04:29:58 PM »

He posted some pictures, one of them shows is normal proportions.
The picture is edited, no human has proportions like this. It looks really bad, much worse than your mock-ups which look quit good for a 15cm increase. It's still too much, you'd have to spend a ton of money and years of recovery just to be 183 with  ty proportions. 175 with acceptable proportions is much better imo, this surgery is no magic and certainly has it's limits. If you start below 170, there is just no way you can acciev 180+ without suffering functional losses.

Razorfin

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »

Yeah so I range from 168 - 170 depending on the time of day so with 15cm added that was make my final height between 6.003feet and 6.08 feet (virtually 6'1).

@Alittletooshort: yeah most likely it is, but hey at least it gives us a visual representation of insane proportions. Dozer just finished 15cm with Solomin and Kulesh he did (7.5F, 7.5T) ... he has just had his frames removed and is on the way to a recovery. Need to catch up with him. But he did it on $8,000. It can be done .. just depends on if your body will allow it.

Deads

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 05:07:13 PM »

He posted some pictures, one of them shows is normal proportions.
The picture is edited, no human has proportions like this. It looks really bad, much worse than your mock-ups which look quit good for a 15cm increase. It's still too much, you'd have to spend a ton of money and years of recovery just to be 183 with crapty proportions. 175 with acceptable proportions is much better imo, this surgery is no magic and certainly has it's limits. If you start below 170, there is just no way you can acciev 180+ without suffering functional losses.

He looks fine.

Razorfin

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 05:18:17 PM »

@deads: I'm much like you in that I have a decent body(ish) but I have longer arms. If you get humerus lengthening (which after reading about I don't think will be too bad). Then you could achieve virtually the same thing.

Deads

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 05:27:07 PM »

@deads: I'm much like you in that I have a decent body(ish) but I have longer arms. If you get humerus lengthening (which after reading about I don't think will be too bad). Then you could achieve virtually the same thing.

The idea of 3 surgeries isn't appealing to me.. I'm happy with one surgery achieving 5"9. But I completely understand that you want to make the most of this surgery.

Razorfin

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 05:55:44 PM »

Just got contacted by Dr Jamal saying he consider me 'for his programme'. I have never heard of this Doctor before, anybody else know who he is ?

He said he was impressed with my proportions, is this what Doctors base your ability to lengthen on ?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:22:47 PM by Razorfin »

TIBIKE200

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »

Just got contacted by Dr Jamal saying he consider me 'for his programme'. I have never heard of this Doctor before, anybody else know who he is ?

He said he was impressed with my proportions, is this what Doctors base your ability to lengthen on ?

Dont go near him. Either Paley,Guichet or Catagni

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 07:44:18 PM »

People have gone to Dr N for internal limb lengthening. He uses his variation of the Bliskunov nail, which in the femur version also has an attachment that enters the pelvis.

Looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limb_lengthening_methods#/media/File:Internal_drive%E2%80%93device.jpg
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Daylight

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 07:45:28 PM »

Yet another topic of Razorfin about his proportion Lol You remind me of Greekster from the old forum. After his first surgery, he posted pictures of his proportions compared to 6'1-6'2 models countless time just to convince everyone else that he will look like a God after his 17 cms gain. I remember reading somewhere one of his posts recently that he is regretting doing that much.

PatientZero

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »

Yet another topic of Razorfin about his proportion Lol

If I was ballsy enough and had the means to do 2 operations, I wouldn't want to listen to anyone's opinions except for my own, especially from the users on this forum who will probably never do LL in their lifetime.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Alu

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 07:56:28 PM »

Razor, the biggest problem for you would the overwhelming time and money it will take to achieve this. At the same time considering the massive strain even doing 5+8 does on your body it won't be what you used to be at all. In all honesty do what you will, but my recommendation for your crazy attitude would be 5+5 or 5+6. At the very least start with Tibia, reach 5 CM, then go for femurs.

If I was ballsy enough and had the means to do 2 operations, I wouldn't want to listen to anyone's opinions except for my own, especially from the users on this forum who will probably never do LL in their lifetime.

AyyLmao

Daylight

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »

I got my internal femurs confirmed with Guichet this summer in case you were referring that to me. I have a realistic and vivid goal. 5 cm will get me to 5'11. Granted it is an average height, but will I be sad not being over 6'?? No. Thats just plain stupid and it shows that you have nothing better in life to do. Being 5'10 and above is more than enough for anyone not to worry about height unless the person suffers from other crisis in life in which case no amount of LL could save you.

Knik

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 09:02:32 PM »

Dont go near him. Either Paley,Guichet or Catagni

why Guichet and Catagni ?
Looking for Pili

Razorfin

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 09:05:04 PM »

@Alu: it all depends on what the Doctor says I can or cannot do. If he says "right, you cannot do over 5cm due to my professional medical examinations" I would agree and force my expectations lower. Only time will tell, I'm aiming for an amount that is above average and if i can achieve it I will be very pleased. However, I completely respect your opinion as it is from the conservative standpoint that I will need to consider when lengthening.

I must say, the operations that I will have to endure are not phasing me. The money on the other hand .. that is a tough one. I will have 3 main debts in my life: car, house, university payments (currently 20 y/o). I will not add LL to that list, so saving the money for it will be a tough job, however i'm heading into investment banking and portfolio management, so we'll see.

I have a worrying feeling that I may have to settle with 5-6cm on tibias *smh*, when I undergo my first lengthening I want to do tibia first, so that if my height neurosis is cured afterwards, I will have lengthening the shorter bone segment, and can continue my life :)

@Daylight: I don't know much about you, but the reason I enjoy forming proportion based topics is because it gives people something to talk about and get involved with, everyone on this forum is interested, in some way, in leg lengthening. Therefore offering some new material that is not offensive or ignorant, will often spark new ideas or concepts that allow people to acquire more knowledge.

Dont quote somebody's subjective experiences as an argument regarding the prediction of my own ends. In itself the logic of subjectivity means you cant apply the rule to all, or even one. I understand what you are saying, but please dont expect your respect on this forum to rise if you make statements like that.

@ KilKHAN: Would your experience on this forum lead you to recommend him as an option ? The main reason I ask is his pricing as no doubt he is a competent medical professional.

@TIBIKE200: Any reasoning to support your opinion? I'm interested in what information you have acquired that leads you to such abrupt conclusions about his performance. Catagni, I have not heard of that surgeon, any reason you rate him on the same level as Paley and Guichet?

@PatientZero: Yeah, I will do this in the next 5-10 years .. 100% and so starting my research now will enable me to formulate a detailed plan of what doctor I plan to go with and the time frames associated with my goals. Either I earn the money to do both internals or I go external .. but one thing's for certain. I'm not dying at 169 ;).

The general way this lengthening stuff goes is that people will falsify or misunderstand the magnitude of a lot of things: patient diaries, doctor's skill levels and motives, technology limitations and benchmarks. But when it comes down to it, you will always have a highly trained member of the medical profession, you will be using methods that are FDA approved and you will be doing so, using a plan that has been tried, tested and medically approved.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 09:29:59 PM »

reason: He is from a third world country, he operated only 90 people in 25 years (which is nothing), he contacted you in order to make you his guinea pig. Catagni was the one the introduced the ilizarov technique to the west and is considered one of the best tibia surgerons in the world.

Razorfin

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 09:41:16 PM »

reason: He is from a third world country, he operated only 90 people in 25 years (which is nothing), he contacted you in order to make you his guinea pig. Catagni was the one the introduced the ilizarov technique to the west and is considered one of the best tibia surgerons in the world.

Thanks for elaborating TIBIKE :)

TIBIKE200

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 09:49:21 PM »

You wrote that you won't settle on average. Why is that? I mean average height

PatientZero

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 09:53:23 PM »

I got my internal femurs confirmed with Guichet this summer in case you were referring that to me. I have a realistic and vivid goal. 5 cm will get me to 5'11. Granted it is an average height, but will I be sad not being over 6'?? No. Thats just plain stupid and it shows that you have nothing better in life to do. Being 5'10 and above is more than enough for anyone not to worry about height unless the person suffers from other crisis in life in which case no amount of LL could save you.

No, its not about you man, I actually agree with you.

If he has the balls to do 2 surgeries, surely our opinions don't matter because his willpower is already so extreme, getting our approval is pointless.

Also, I do have better things to do.. was making a smoking apparatus by hollowing an apple.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 09:56:36 PM »

Where you from that 180cm is average height?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 09:59:10 PM »

@ KiloKAHN: Would your experience on this forum lead you to recommend him as an option ? The main reason I ask is his pricing as no doubt he is a competent medical professional.

I can't personally recommend a surgeon I haven't been to. Dr Nemer has had prior cosmetic patients who've posted on the forums, and the nail he uses is supposed to be fully weight-bearing like the Guichet nail and Betzbone, and if that's something important for you then he may be worth contacting. I know Sweden has considered going to him.

Razorfin

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »

TIBIKE200: Its not that i wont settle for average height, I will 'settle' with whatever is medically safe. However, I will strive to gain as much as a can up to 15cm. This is just simply a goal that has been formulated based on neurological factors and the knowledge of the opportunity cost between time+money .. and height. Why would you spent so much going to Paley if you are only going to achieve 3cm of lengthening. Nobody recognizes one 1inch .. nobody.

UK: average height = 175.3cm (5ft 9)

PatientZero: You are correct, not much will change my mindset based on my goals

KiloKAHN: No problem, thanks for the insight.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 11:10:01 PM »

TIBIKE200: Its not that i wont settle for average height, I will 'settle' with whatever is medically safe. However, I will strive to gain as much as a can up to 15cm. This is just simply a goal that has been formulated based on neurological factors and the knowledge of the opportunity cost between time+money .. and height. Why would you spent so much going to Paley if you are only going to achieve 3cm of lengthening. Nobody recognizes one 1inch .. nobody.

UK: average height = 175.3cm (5ft 9)

PatientZero: You are correct, not much will change my mindset based on my goals

I am aiming to go 5-6cm with paley or guichet (to get to 176-177-178) which I think is a good height. I think this is what you should strive for as well :) once you are average height, the more you add will not have dramatic changes... Believe me. If you will not feel satisfied at 5'9-10 you can always wear an inch lift (And believe me its so common to use lift you will be amazed... I for example really like the shoe company Tods/fey. I bought shoes over there a few weeks ago. ALL but I mean ALL of their shoes have a 1 inch insole inside of them. And these are shoes used by people with money who are supposed to be tall people.).

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 11:47:17 PM »

Here's his Q&A thread if you haven't seen it: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2815.0

Are you leaning toward any surgeons in particular?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up