Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov  (Read 163860 times)

Re: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov
« Reply #341 on: November 09, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »

I paid for the Visa of course and for the flights. Also i payed for some medicine to bring home during lengthening phase, pretty cheap. Thats it.

Yeah i removed the video because i want to be as anonymous as possible. The comments after my video post confirm i was walking good however, i think thats enough.

i will probably post a video some time after my last frame removal which is tomorrow! I should probably post a real update but i will do that after the surgery  :)

Nice, I also have my frame removal tomorrow :D

Good luck!!

Wannabegiant

« Reply #342 on: November 09, 2014, 11:25:56 PM »

Nice, I also have my frame removal tomorrow :D

Good luck!!

Haha are you kidding?? thats really cool that we do it the same day, pretty strange actually. I actually thought you where already had both frames removed :p

Good luck to you too!

« Reply #343 on: November 09, 2014, 11:38:15 PM »

Haha are you kidding?? thats really cool that we do it the same day, pretty strange actually. I actually thought you where already had both frames removed :p

Good luck to you too!

It's kinda hard to get an operation date with this doc, he's kinda busy  :(

And I had a lot of infections, so I stopped walking so much, so I had a slower consolidation than planned...

But has your doc told you about the risk of the new bone breaking? My doc told me that that could happen, but it's unlikely. I'm still paranoid because of that ;D

Wannabegiant

« Reply #344 on: November 09, 2014, 11:44:57 PM »

It's kinda hard to get an operation date with this doc, he's kinda busy  :(

And I had a lot of infections, so I stopped walking so much, so I had a slower consolidation than planned...

But has your doc told you about the risk of the new bone breaking? My doc told me that that could happen, but it's unlikely. I'm still paranoid because of that ;D

Okey, well you got a good timeframe anyway for doing 6 cm man!

they told me there is no risk of the bone breaking, but i assume if i tried to something crazy like sprinting or jumping to early there would probably be a risk, not going to test it though  :P

my left leg with my last frame had slow consolidation on the front, but its almost filled out there too now, one of my docs told me there is no risk of it bending, but the other doc told me its best to walk with a crutch for at least 5 days after surgery because there is a minimal risk it could bend a little otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:12:03 AM by Wannabegiant »

« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »

Okey, well you got a good timeframe anyway for doing 6 cm man!

they told me there is no risk of the bone breaking, but i assume if i tried to something crazy like sprinting or jumping there would probably be a risk, not going to test it though  :P

my left leg with my last frame had slow consolidation on the front, but its almost filled out there too now, one of my docs told me there is no risk of it bending, but the other doc told me its best to walk with a crutch for at least 5 days after surgery because there is a minimal risk it could bend a little otherwise.

Yeah, I guess sports is  a no go for a few months  ;D

Wannabegiant

« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2014, 12:28:07 AM »

Yeah, I guess sports is  a no go for a few months  ;D

Yeah for sure  :)

TRS

« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »

@Wannabegiant & 123

Do you think that frames are psychologically and physically easier to cope with during consolidation or is it the same as distraction?

« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2014, 12:52:55 AM »

@Wannabegiant & 123

Do you think that frames are psychologically and physically easier to cope with during consolidation or is it the same as distraction?

It's sucks 24/7, as long as you have to have them, to be honest. The only thing that's positive is when you're allowed to walk freely but even that sucks because pin sites can hurt if you walk a lot (especially the half-wires) and will probably get infected.

So basically it will suck a lot, they will be a real struggle for you psychologically. I don't think I would have done this if I knew how hard it would be. But on the bright side, you will be taller  ;D

TRS

« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2014, 01:41:56 AM »

It's sucks 24/7, as long as you have to have them, to be honest. The only thing that's positive is when you're allowed to walk freely but even that sucks because pin sites can hurt if you walk a lot (especially the half-wires) and will probably get infected.

So basically it will suck a lot, they will be a real struggle for you psychologically. I don't think I would have done this if I knew how hard it would be. But on the bright side, you will be taller  ;D
Man, I'm still contemplating whether to do full externals or just take my chances with LON. So confused :o I may also consider LATP since I'd rather live with larger scars than permanent knee pain. Probably plastic surgery may help after LATP.
The problem is that even for 4.5cm it may take about 6-8 months and social interaction for me is inevitable, despite my desire to be alone. I'm also expected to attend several events next year and having external frames will not help lol.
I can imagine how hard it would be with long frame time since it's quite hard coping with internals! I'm trying my best to hide my LL and till now, no one has suspected my LL. It's the social interaction that I consider to be the main restricting factor and not the pain associated with externals. ATM I think it would be best for me to correct my bow legs first and then do LON or LATP.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:38:51 AM by TheRisingShorty »

« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »

Yeah for sure  :)

How are you? Went everything according to plan?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »

How are you? Went everything according to plan?

Yeah :) I had the surgery in the morning, and my leg feels good, so amazing to be frame free at last! But il wait and make an update when i can remove the bandage in a few days. Also il use a crutch for probably 5 days just to be safe. But technically this looong wait of being isolated is finally over!

I can finally tell my friends im "coming home" lol!

Wannabegiant

« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »

@Wannabegiant & 123

I thought it became significantly easier further into consolidation phase because the legs started to feel less damaged and vulnerable. Eventually the pain went away completely and seeing the x-rays showing solid bone all the way end to end made me feel a lot less scared to walk and move around. My legs also quickly became stronger and looked bigger in this phase which increased my confidence that i was going to heal up just fine. Not having to mess with the screws and stuff anymore is also a great relief.

With all that said, it was still hell for me because even though you can hide Bagirovs frames pretty good under pants, it didnt hide them well enough for me to start seeing my friends, and since the isolation and loneliness is the worst part of LL, and the frames are the source of this, that part was almost as bad obviously during consolidation. Near the end when i could walk almost normal outside i starting taking more walks outside however wearing soft pants to hide the frames.

GeTs

« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2014, 09:43:12 PM »

video of walking and pics of proportions would be nice

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »

Awesome you've had your frames removed. It still seems so far away for me considering I can't yet walk around because of the soreness in my legs simply from standing.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

TRS

« Reply #355 on: November 11, 2014, 09:55:24 AM »

Congratulations! 
Time for you to enjoy life now ;D

etemad

• Visitor
« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2014, 06:37:09 AM »

hi .my dear please leave a video of your walking like rgkey>
please .
i want to do ll but i fear because of risk .
my height :170

ItsMyLife

« Reply #357 on: November 27, 2014, 06:16:24 AM »

UPDATE:

Im in Moscow now, at the clinic. Everything went smoothly, 2 hour flight from Sweden, and they picked me up at the airport. The only negative thing was that the traffic is insane here, took about 2 hours to drive to the clinic from the airport i landed on. Supposedly there is another one closer by but i didnt have the option to choose with this time schedule.

The clinic is quite small but feels safe and the personnel are all nice and friendly, very few of them know english though but it was no problem in the end. A translator came and told me how we where gonna proceed, they served me a warm meal and now i can relax and sleep whenever i want, I have my own room with Bed, TV, refrigerator, and the Wifi is pretty good. Toilets are clean and everything looks fresh. No complaints.

Tomorrow I wont be allowed to eat because they are gonna do blood tests and other tests in preparation for the surgery, I will talk to Dr. Bagirov as well and make the payment. Then I will do surgery on saturday and stay about 5 more days, then i will make the decision if i want to stay longer or go home and lengthen. Im leaning on staying a bit longer but since i cant stay for the full lengthening phase anyway because my Visa only lasts until the first of april (my insurance certificate didnt allow for longer), i might stay for ten more days to see if there is any problems, after that i might feel it is safe enough to travel home, then i will come back for a check up in about 2 months.

I took some pics of my room, will upload them soon.

Hi can you please help me?

Where is the clinic at?

My flight is in a weeks' time :)

They gave me the address but I can't find "Krasnodar street".

Apparently its a city outside of Moscow???

But they say its inside moscow...

paco1

« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2014, 10:33:50 PM »

Hi Wannabegiants.
How are you doing?
Cheers, paco.

Uppland

« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2014, 11:56:10 PM »

Yeah how is the recovery going WNB?

5.7to5.9

« Reply #362 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:24 AM »

Hi Wannabegaint, could you give us an update on your recovery. Your last post is more than 3 months old.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #363 on: March 01, 2015, 11:36:41 AM »

please update WBG! (someone PM him.,..) :'(

Samuimw

« Reply #364 on: March 22, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »

I'm planning for Dr. Bagirov this year (2015) , I hope the price doesn't differ from 6500 euro too much. I'm thinking of 7.5 Cm or less because im only 163 Cm tall and it makes me feel bad everyday. I had studied LL for a year now and it's the money that's holding me back but now I think I'm ready. Is someone else going for Dr. Bagirov?
I'd just E'mailed Anna today hoping for a response .

microman

« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2015, 09:27:49 PM »

I am interested to know what involvement you had with your local Orthopaedic surgeon during this time, did you get him to come out and check on your every few weeks?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2016, 01:05:04 AM »

Hello guys, sorry for taking so long to post an update, but i got so busy with life after my frame removal that i tried to forget all about what i had done and about height in general, and it worked, i almost forgot completely about this site.

My heightism was cured for sure, and my life got better all around. In all honesty, this might sound to good to be true but the surgery and the result gave me everything i wanted, At 178-179 cm i feel very confident and that alone made my life so much more exciting, i started working out in the gym for real and was more motivated than ever, its much easier to attract girls now and get one night stands compared to before, and my ability to move is just as good as before surgery. I tried some new sports like wrestling and my career and studies is going much better since im so much happier now and my mind is not drained thinking about height anymore.

It actually seems like i have completely recovered, which is not that strange since i only lengthened around 4,5 cm. I dont feel any pain or aching, not any stiffness. The only thing which hasnt gotten back to 100% is my endurance when running at maximum speed, but im confident this can be improved to 100% as well since i havent really pushed myself in terms of running at all since my surgery.

I can do fast and quick movements just as good as before, and jump just as high if not higher. My balance does not seem to be affected.

Honestly i just randomly stumbled upon this site, it has happened a few times before but i felt i really needed to say some closing words now. I dont intend to post anymore on this site and let every thought about height go away which it almost did already by itself.

I definitely recommend this surgery with Dr Bagirov, just listen carefully to the instructions and be thorough, dont lengthen to much and you will be fine.

Peace!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2016, 01:10:10 AM »

Dammit man, I was wondering where you took off!

Sucks that you've decided to be gone for good, but I suppose that's the case for most people. BilateralDamage abandoned us also :(

Great news that you're doing well and can see a noticeable improvement in your quality of life. Wish you all the best going forward. Take care.

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

5.7to5.9

« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2016, 05:06:23 AM »

This is such an important post  and only proof of full recovery after 4cm. Had been waiting for this for over a year and he comes back with a bang! Utterly delighted with your outcome

theuprising

« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2016, 08:03:26 AM »

Great news Wannabegiant, this a true recovery with the accompanying athletic ability. Proof of doing a reasonable amount and listening to your doctor can give great results.
All the best for the future.

endomorphisme

« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »

Wow. I am so excited. I was considering bagirov , but I was afraid of the complications, you have just proved the contrary
I am also considering the same amount, I hope I will be as successful as you

crimsontide

« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2016, 04:42:43 PM »

endo... then take a look at this pm I received from a current Bagirov patient

I'll screenshot it if asked for proof

(No subject)
« Sent to: crimsontide on: January 21, 2016, 06:31:13 AM »
ReplyReplyReply with quoteQuoteRemove this messageRemove
hey man ive read your Diary and i have a very simmilar things that u had ive dont my op with dr bagirov ,6 month ago and still cannot walk without walker  i really regret having this op with him he is completely useless after surgery only Fahri helps me with questions but hes also usless as he doesnt know the answers to my problems , is there any way that we could talk through whatsapp , i am from london by the way +44751xxxxxxx
Report To Admin

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up