Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: what starting height range will make you benefit the most from this surgery  (Read 11412 times)

noname

i honestly think the best starting height range is 5'7-5'10. with a starting height in this range you are able to lose your height insecurity since you can get an average and maybe even a tall height after the surgery. what do yall think about it?

TIBIKE200

anyone who is 175 or above considering doing this is a nutcase
I learned some stuff during this time

CCMidwest

Agree 100%
5'7.5

blahblah

wrong we are ALL nutcases here - at any height! coming from a guy above 175cm ;)

Alu

The fact that we've normalized the idea of doing this without much of a second thought, that is nutty.

Chris

The fact that we've normalized the idea of doing this without much of a second thought, that is nutty.
Like having a boob job done ;D

To topic: I think the most benefiting starting height is between 160 and 165cm. Doing LL will bring you from "too short" to the range of "short".

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:20:57 PM by Chris »
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Nightwish

To topic: I think the most benefiting starting height is between 160 and 165cm. Doing LL will bring you from "too short" to the range of "short".

I tend to agree with this.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

chineseguy

for me is 160 - 169,

TIBIKE200

There isnt a "best starting height"... It's not a race.... 6cm gain is a 6cm gain...

aspirant185

And one who is 172, just 3 cm before your glorious benchmark, is perfectly normal ? :D

This is utter bull . Not the absolute height but rather the environment and the heights of the people around should be the decisive factor. What good is it for me if I am 180 and everyone is around me is 185 and 75% of the females around me are taller than me with heels ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

TIBIKE200

And one who is 172, just 3 cm before your glorious benchmark, is perfectly normal ? :D

This is utter bullcrap. Not the absolute height but rather the environment and the heights of the people around should be the decisive factor. What good is it for me if I am 180 and everyone is around me is 185 and 75% of the females around me are taller than me with heels ?

5'9 was actually the upper limit height for Paley before (when he used externals) and I also think Rozbruch. Of course it has to do with enviroment... But being 175+ you are somewhat average in most places in europe... 75% of females around you taller with heels? Dont date a woman who wears 4inch heels...

In the end it doesnt matter... I dont believe you will actually do it at your height

CCMidwest

I'm probably gonna annoy a lot of you with my constant push back on this surgery while I figure out if this is something I want to do, but I think it is very important that there are opposing voices. I'm not against LL, do whatever you want guys. But I hate to see men get this surgery and regret it, especially if they are not very short to start with.

My psychologist and I spoke about "height neurosis", which he says is a made up term (coined by Dr. Paley actually) that should be either categorized as an "inferiority complex" or "narcissistic personality disorder" depending on the person.

Anyway, he made the point of guy's in the 5'5+ range and quality of life. He pointed out that many, many men have very good lives at those heights. He said that he has seen the amount of people coming in for what he calls "narrative script psychosis" problems explode over the last 20 years or so. That is where people are basing their self worth and their own quality of life perceptions on the narrative script of society, specifically the voices on the internet.

In other words, a 5'7-5'8 guy like myself ASSUMES he is screwed because the internet says I am. I can tell you for a fact that the internet is a big part of my height neurosis. I would guess others here are the same.

My shrink asked me to keep a log of all the times that height actually got in my way, IN REAL LIFE. He asked me to go back as far as I could remember and back date my log. I came up with 4 instances in real life, the rest are voices from the internet and other media outlets.

I would also say that if you are 5'6-5'9 and have NOT been called short by a women, you are not talking to enough women!

Think about it guys...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative_psychology

Edit: Spelling...again
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:01:11 PM by CCMidwest »
5'7.5

theuprising

Following this logic I assume you will stop lengthening once you hit 175cm?

TIBIKE200

Following this logic I assume you will stop lengthening once you hit 175cm?

Maybe. Depends on my proportions. It will either be 175 (minimum) or 177 (maximum)

Alu

I'm probably gonna annoy a lot of you with my constant push back on this surgery while I figure out if this is something I want to do, but I think it is very important that there are opposing voices. I'm not against LL, do whatever you want guys. But I hate to see men get this surgery and regret it, especially if they are not very short to start with.

My psychologist and I spoke about "height neurosis", which he says is a made up term (coined by Dr. Paley actually) that should be either categorized as an "inferiority complex" or "narcissistic personality disorder" depending on the person.

Anyway, he made the point of guy's in the 5'5+ range and quality of life. He pointed out that many, many men have very good lives at those heights. He said that he has seen the amount of people coming in for what he calls "narrative script psychosis" problems explode over the last 20 years or so. That is where people are basing their self worth and their own quality of life perceptions on the narrative script of society, specifically the voices on the internet.

In other words, a 5'7-5'8 guy like myself ASSUMES he is screwed because the internet says I am. I can tell you for a fact that the internet is a big part of my height neurosis. I would guess others here are the same.

My shrink asked me to keep a log of all the times that height actually got in my way, IN REAL LIFE. He asked me to go back as far as I could remember and back date my log. I came up with 4 instances in real life, the rest are voices from the internet and other media outlets.

I would also say that if you are 5'6-5'9 and have NOT been called short by a women, you are not talking to enough women!

Think about it guys...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative_psychology

Edit: Spelling...again

This. 100 times this...

CCMidwest

This. 100 times this...

Thanks Alu.

You did LL, no? 5'4 to 5'7? Or am I confusing people?
5'7.5

Alu

Thanks Alu.

You did LL, no? 5'4 to 5'7? Or am I confusing people?

No, but that's my plan. 8 CM is all I need. Probably with Paley or Guichet.

I'm just here to support those who have done it/are doing it at the moment. And try to fight the horrendous generalizations made in these forums.

TIBIKE200

No, but that's my plan. 8 CM is all I need. Probably with Paley or Guichet.

I'm just here to support those who have done it/are doing it at the moment. And try to fight the horrendous generalizations made in these forums.

You sure you want to do this with femurs?

Alu

You sure you want to do this with femurs?

Nope. My plan still is to 4 + 4. Sure it's double the risk, but I'd prefer to ensure the best possible post-LL recovery. Lengthening less in each segment ensures that; especially if you don't even go over 5 CM. At the same time if I think my proportions can handle it (honestly though I don't lol) I could lengthen a bit more in my femurs for like 5 or 6 cm (definitely won't touch my tibia).

Alittletooshort

Perhaps I sound like a  dck if I say that, but I honestly believe that you'd get the most out of LL if you start at around 177-179. Height is distributed like a bell curve and 180 stands right in the middle, so obviously the majority of (young) males are between 177-183. If you start at 178 and only add 4cm's you will surpass a lot of guys heightwise. The number of (young) ppl between 160-175 is a lot lower than between 178-183.
 Starting of taller will also allow you to lengthen more safely because longer segments will result in a larger "safe zone" of around 15% of the bone's original length.
Being taller to begin with makes the whole process safer, easier when it comes to proportions and you overtake the highest number of guys.
LL is probably less of a necessity at that height so the time and money you need might be better invested elsewhere.

TIBIKE200

Perhaps I sound like a  dck if I say that, but I honestly believe that you'd get the most out of LL if you start at around 177-179. Height is distributed like a bell curve and 180 stands right in the middle, so obviously the majority of (young) males are between 177-183. If you start at 178 and only add 4cm's you will surpass a lot of guys heightwise. The number of (young) ppl between 160-175 is a lot lower than between 178-183.
 Starting of taller will also allow you to lengthen more safely because longer segments will result in a larger "safe zone" of around 15% of the bone's original length.
Being taller to begin with makes the whole process safer, easier when it comes to proportions and you overtake the highest number of guys.
LL is probably less of a necessity at that height so the time and money you need might be better invested elsewhere.

Depends what your goal is you know... Being one of the tallest guys? Yes, no doubt about your assertion. But it depends where the middle of the bell curve is (In my case it's between 175-177.. By my case my mean my etnicity and where I live).
  In terms of "gains" from society, I believe (no one has to agree) that the best gain is becoming average from short. Going from super short to short is not such a great gain. Going from average to tall is a better gain. But going from short to average is the biggest gain.

CCMidwest

Perhaps I sound like a dck if I say this but,

Oy vai.

Does anyone here actually know how to use google?

In the USA, men aged 19-29, 174 is the 25th percentile, and 182 is the 75th percentile. So there is literally *exactly* as many 174 or less guys as there are the 182 or more guys...and that is in your "young" guy age bracket.

In your example you say, "the majority of (young) males are between 177-183", which is NOT correct. You go from approx the 50th percentile to approx the 75th percentile. That is 25% of men, which is the same as the lower 25% or the top 25%, it is still 25%.

Again, using CDC information and only in your precious "young" range of 19-29 year old men.

I realize I am a math major, but holy heck guys, basic math here.
5'7.5

Alittletooshort

I was refering to Europe (central and northern europe),  were the avere IS 180, just use wikipedia to check it.
180-182 is the average so 50% are either the same height or taller and 50% are either the same height or shorter, so my math was correct I guess.
No offense but just I love the fact that most americans automatically assume that only their country is the subject of the debate ;D.
Edit:grammar

CCMidwest

I was refering to Europe (central and or northern europe),  were the avere IS 180, just use wikipedia to check it.
180-182 is the average so 50% are either the same height or taller and 50% are either the same height or shorter, so my math was correct I guess.
No offense but just I love the fact that most americans automatically assume that only their country is the subject of the debate ;D.

I used the US because I had the figures ready and the average is only 2cm different. Most white western countries have almost the exact same averages.
5'7.5

noname

[/quote]

does this mean that you won't ever lengthen yourself? youre 179 cm. arent you?

Alittletooshort

does this mean that you won't ever lengthen yourself? youre 179 cm. arent you?
I haven't decided yet, perhaps I will do LL but I'm still not sure if it's really worth it. I'll definetly wait for Tibike's diary with Dr. Catagni. 179 is my morning height so I'm rather 178 during the day.

TIBIKE200

I haven't decided yet, perhaps I will do LL but I'm still not sure if it's really worth it. I'll definetly wait for Tibike's diary with Dr. Catagni. 179 is my morning height so I'm rather 178 during the day.

My diary will be like Lumier's dairy. I will update every 10-20 days or so. If anything special (complications) happen I will also update.

noname

if you really want it then just do it. follow your dreams. if you wanna be taller then just get taller

TIBIKE200

Btw, I think that Catagni has an upper limit of starting height (It's either 175 or 177 from what I have heard.. Never asked him). Maybe you should send him an e-mail just to know if you can do this with him (Not that you plan to do this with him, but just in order to know if he is even an option)

BelowTheMean

I have to agree with the OP for the most part. What are the true benefits of the surgery? (My post is from a U.S. point of view where the average height is 177cm.) Both shorter and average height guys will gain from this surgery but we can break down some components to see who benefits more.

-If a guy starting at 160cm goes to 167cm feels much better about himself afterwards, is he happier about his height than the guy starting at 167cm and wants to be 175cm? If so, then there is certainly a psychological aspect to the surgery and height dysphoria going away is probably not tied too closely to starting height. I'd say this is a wash for both groups.

-In terms of gaining physical stature/presence, whatever you want to call it.. I don't think there is going to be a real benefit unless you pass the 180cm mark. Obviously 170cm is not the same as 160cm, but neither height stands out in a crowd. So one point for the average/taller guys getting the surgery.

-For getting girls I think it's also a matter of passing a threshold. This one is in the same ballpark as the previous point. In online dating girls that filter on height are generally going to set their filters to even numbers like 180cm or 6'0", so if you're 165cm going to 172cm it's not going to help you pass that threshold, but going from 173cm to 180cm certainly could. So another point for the average/taller guys.

-Also, as others mentioned you'll get the biggest percentile point gain from LL when you are a bit below the average. Going from 5'5" to 5'8" you'll leapfrog over ~22% of guys. Going from 5'8" to 5'11" you'll leapfrog over ~42% of guys! Almost double the gain for the same 3 inch height increase. Another reason why average/taller guys get more benefit from LL.

So based on my points above, I think reaching or passing the average will actually yield more benefits than going from really short to just short. But that doesn't mean there are no benefits for really short guys to do it. If it makes you feel better and you think the loss of money and health is worth it then by all means go for it. I'm not certainly LL would take me over the average but I'm still considering it.

With that said, for guys over 175cm who want to do the surgery I would seriously consider moving the the U.S. (or Canada if you are more liberal) Contrary to the doomsday prophecies the mainstream media preaches, it's actually really good here if you have the skills to make a decent living. Some of the best opportunities are here for those who work both hard and smart. Besides, if you're doing the surgery you'll probably want to move anyway to avoid people you know finding out, so you might as well just move somewhere shorter and use the money you saved for surgery to improve yourself in other ways!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Bruno Mars

Lol how could short be beneficial for you? 5'7 to 5'10 will make you from short to average and the whole point of this surgery is to get rid of height discrimination so I think that is 5'6-5'8 is indeed the best range for LL candidates.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up