Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The new paradigm in LL; no longer are we aiming for 10cm  (Read 124153 times)

Smallguy

Re: The new paradigm in LL; no longer are we aiming for 10cm
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »

My plan is to correct bow legs I got from playing soccer. Believe me or not but it looks like I was ridding a horse whole my life. Could u please explain a bit more about having legs plated? Would I gain that 4cm I want so bad just with having my legs plated? Does every LL surgeon also do those kind of operation?

If you just want to get your leg straigthen, then I believe that won't be hard. I heard from Sarin that it will just takes 14 days. But if you want to lengthen along with straightening your legs then you have to go through the whole LL ordeal including straightening your legs at the same time.

I believe Sarin doesn't charge you extra for straightening your legs. It is included in the price of lengthening. However, because your legs will be straighten during the process, he won't insert a nail into your tibia like he does with normal LL patient. Once you finish your lengthening, he will plate your bones for support. The plate has less weight bearing relative to the IM nail but since there is no rod to interfere in your bones, your bones will consolidate faster. If you want just 4cm, then the whole ordeal would probably take just 4 months before you can walk freely again. 1.5 months for lengthening and 2.5 months is the conservative estimate for recovery. 
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

just4cm

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »

If you just want to get your leg straigthen, then I believe that won't be hard. I heard from Sarin that it will just takes 14 days. But if you want to lengthen along with straightening your legs then you have to go through the whole LL ordeal including straightening your legs at the same time.

I believe Sarin doesn't charge you extra for straightening your legs. It is included in the price of lengthening. However, because your legs will be straighten during the process, he won't insert a nail into your tibia like he does with normal LL patient. Once you finish your lengthening, he will plate your bones for support. The plate has less weight bearing relative to the IM nail but since there is no rod to interfere in your bones, your bones will consolidate faster. If you want just 4cm, then the whole ordeal would probably take just 4 months before you can walk freely again. 1.5 months for lengthening and 2.5 months is the conservative estimate for recovery.
Guys I just want to say once again, u r doing such a great job for future LL patients and if it means anything to u - I'm sooooo gratefull to each of you. If there is more people like you, the world would be a better place for sure.

Smallguy, my pick is dr. Mitkovic and I hope I'll get him soon. I'm working hard on getting my body and legs ready for the operation.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2014, 08:45:21 AM »

Boy,  this topic sure is popular.  :D
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Muse

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »

A good friend recently gave this advice

" LL should be about adding more to your quality of life and making it better.

Not unnecessarily risking/ sacrificing one area of your life (Athletic, everyday ability, mobility, and Health/comfort/lack of pain) for another area (extra height).  It's not about getting rid of one insecurity (shortness) and replacing it with another insecurity (ex. Scars, immobility, disproportion or whatever complications) .

The extra height is definitely worth it, only if you can live a full life."

just4cm

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »

Where's the problem than if all of us know it is too risky to go above 5cm? If u can't stretch your legs let say like barellina why you think muscles will do the job on their own when u lengthen a single cm? Anyone who's fighting to do splits or any stretching excercise knows it hurts when u r going beyond your stretching level. What I'm trying to say is that u must prepare your legs for LL and be fit like professional sportsman. I know Sweden was in good form and used to do taekwando but in my opinion he did to much of lengthening. It is impossible to stretch your muscle 7-8-9-10 cm without consecvences. Maybe 3cm is too much for the body to handle... Before u do the operation work hard on your body and don't length more than 5cm.

First of all your body won't look good, u'll face problems sooner or later and how can any doctor allow patient to length 10cm?? Does he have a heart?

Few of u lengthen more than 5cm and u r doing well, but what I've been reading almost everyone is facing one or more problems.

Sorry if my post sounds rude or agressive, I feel sorry for anyone who's in pain after surgery and I want everyone to be happy with their old or new life and I want to help as much as I can.

Once again I'm grateful to all of u on this forum. <3

Sweden

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »

My initial goal was 6cm when I came to India. It sounded like the most safe in combination with the most gain. 
I then looked at all of the other patients legs and I couldn't really see anyone with abnormal proportions, even one guy who did 8,6cm.
My room mate did 7cm and so I figured I could do 7cm and be 180cm tall.
That's the story about choosing 7cm. (Turned 7,4 on device).
All of my problems started when passing 5cm.

I fought everything pretty good and I've been running and jumping and doing advanced kicks post LL and really felt the happiness LL is supposed to offer a patient.
Right now I have constant aches in my right ankle and I can't run absolutely not jump. It's a huge set back  :-\

Maybe my ankles are too tight and I need surgery. I'll look more in to it as soon as I get back from Thailand.

I should have only done maximum 6cm.
But, I am "only" 178/179 and at the time it felt like a big deal being 180.

Apo didn't lengthened way much more than Crazy+60(hehe), only 3 more cm.
Crazy looked alright many times but he always wore long shirt, jeans and dress shoes - even when he was "working out"(or whatever you could call sitting down).

Apo claims he has done 4 hair transplants, and he shaves his head(???)! Christ  ;D He must look very weird with his spider legs and bold shiny head.

I'm considering femurs to even out my proportions. You can't see I lengthened but I would do 5-6cm on my femurs to get to 6 feet tall.
But right now I just want to heal up my ankles that are killing me.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Daylight

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »

With the born of this topic, I believe this forum is now officially superior to old forum . We are the people who can look at the reality in its eyes and make a wise decision. People on old forum  are a bunch of poor delusional people mislead by Apo. This is how CLL evolves guy. I really hope that more and more people will join the " no more than 5cm/segment" club, so we wont have to witness anymore heartbroken stories in the future. Now I only use old forum  to check on Sweden's diary.

leechlet

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2014, 03:51:52 PM »

Hey Sweden!

I did a surgery with Guichet on the femur about 35 day post op at about 4.6cm now. I am feeling fine and can extend my leg fully during night and sleep through the night without having to get up and go exercises. I can bend all my joints completely, but I have a problem walking with my legs closed.

I was wondering what your opinion is of me going past 5cm. How will I know there's a problem? How will I know when my body is started to get damaged? I am not a heavy sports person like you, but ideally I would like to be able to walk around on mountains to talk about philosophy and to also do long biking trips.

Thanks
"I feel that no matter what I choose to become, I believe that I can change the world. And as I am striving to change the world, I will be happy." -- Sam Berns

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:49 PM »

With the born of this topic, I believe this forum is now officially superior to old forum . We are the people who can look at the reality in its eyes and make a wise decision. People on old forum  are a bunch of poor delusional people mislead by Apo. This is how CLL evolves guy. I really hope that more and more people will join the " no more than 5cm/segment" club, so we wont have to witness anymore heartbroken stories in the future. Now I only use old forum  to check on Sweden's diary.

guys, lets not make this a old forum  bashing topic. We have other threads for that. In fact old forum  is dying. The user activity is now way below this forum. I just hope Apo doesnt kill it. Way too valuable information there for newbies. I know someone here zipped it but unless the files in the zip is posted in a organized structure its not really comparable to old forum .

Remember we all started at old forum . I am grateful even though Apo permbanned me :P
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

LLL

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

guys, lets not make this a old forum  bashing topic. We have other threads for that. In fact old forum  is dying. The user activity is now way below this forum. I just hope Apo doesnt kill it. Way too valuable information there for newbies. I know someone here zipped it but unless the files in the zip is posted in a organized structure its not really comparable to old forum .

Remember we all started at old forum . I am grateful even though Apo permbanned me :P

The zip file contains a surfable archive of the site. If you haven't downloaded it yet, do it, the more people have it on their hard drives the better, just in case. Searching in it is not that easy unless you index all the files with some kind of html parsing software, but when browsing through it, it should "behave" exactly like the online forum does except for everything being read-only and static and from last year, obviously.

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »

The zip file contains a surfable archive of the site. If you haven't downloaded it yet, do it, the more people have it on their hard drives the better, just in case. Searching in it is not that easy unless you index all the files with some kind of html parsing software, but when browsing through it, it should "behave" exactly like the online forum does except for everything being read-only and static and from last year, obviously.

ok, I think I downloaded the zip for a long time ago (as you said, just in case) but I never bothered to check out the contents.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »

Hey Sweden!

I did a surgery with Guichet on the femur about 35 day post op at about 4.6cm now. I am feeling fine and can extend my leg fully during night and sleep through the night without having to get up and go exercises. I can bend all my joints completely, but I have a problem walking with my legs closed.

I was wondering what your opinion is of me going past 5cm. How will I know there's a problem? How will I know when my body is started to get damaged? I am not a heavy sports person like you, but ideally I would like to be able to walk around on mountains to talk about philosophy and to also do long biking trips.

Thanks

Leechlet,

You should be good going over 5 cm on your femurs, but I wouldn't recommend your initial 10 cm goal.  Tibiae are generally harder to lengthen and face more complications as opposed to your femurs.  Someone else can probably explain why better than I could.

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2014, 06:14:23 PM »

It's nice to see that this forum is an eye opening for those who are planning to do CLL safely .
i wish i would go back in time and did 6 cm even though right now i do not have any pain on my both knee at 8.3 cm except for my left tibia slightly not alligned at the degree of 5% to 10% which is causing little pain in my inner left ankle (fk Dr Sarin) .

i will be going to Mumbai on 27th this month to see if i can do correction if its possible , i will be visiting Dr Mangal Parihar and Dr Suhas shah (i believe they are the best doctors in india regarding Ilizarov Technique and of course Dr Milind Chaudhary) .

5 cm to max 6 cm on tibia is what i recommend to any future LL patients if they really want to be safe .
As for femur i believe 6 cm to max 7 cm to be safe (according to my research experience).

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2014, 07:36:33 PM »

guys, morale of the thread dont become like Crazy or Apo (below):

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2014, 08:10:16 PM »

Apo just posted a new photo of himself. I actually think he looks great, but that's just my opinion. He has his leg muscles back and his upper body looks very muscular in a lean way. He does look like a male model, imho.

Sweden

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »

Leechlet: you will feel it in your body when it starts to go tough.

Don't pass 7cm on your femurs.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »

Apo just posted a new photo of himself. I actually think he looks great, but that's just my opinion. He has his leg muscles back and his upper body looks very muscular in a lean way. He does look like a male model, imho.

holy  . i just seen it. apo looks ripped

Claude

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »

He is competiting for mister Olympia of LL. I would like to see some girls pose please.

Smallguy

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2014, 08:43:05 PM »

He is competiting for mister Olympia of LL. I would like to see some girls pose please.

I thought I have seen that same pose somewhere before. Right, Miss Universe.

And I would like to see the result of his multiple hair transplant.

Btw, those are some really cleanly shaved pair of legs.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Claude

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2014, 08:53:36 PM »

Someone is asking for side boobs only pics like me ? But im doing it for scientific reasons, i would like to know if LL has some effects on side boobs volume.
Please email me some pics at drpervnakethong@side.com, we stay in touch.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »

Don't let pictures betray logic. You will have permanent issues with 20 cm of lengthening. Photos don't show the damage on the inside of your body, and once you let physique go (as everyone eventually does), you don't even have that going for you.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2014, 09:07:23 PM »

Don't let pictures betray logic. You will have permanent issues with 20 cm of lengthening. Photos don't show the damage on the inside of your body, and once you let physique go (as everyone eventually does), you don't even have that going for you.

It's kinda like when a girl takes a selfie of only her face, and leaves her obese figure out of the frame...

rickybobby

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »

what do you all think if sysop/apotheosis now after all his lengthening ?

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2014, 09:40:43 PM »

It's kinda like when a girl takes a selfie of only her face, and leaves her obese figure out of the frame...

LOL. If she's obese, you'd see it in her face though.  :D

Smallguy

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »

I must admit. I enjoy bashing Apoth (for fun). But if that's him in the photo, he doesn't look disproportion at all.... at 20cm of lengthening.

But that doesn't exclude the possibilities that he might have photoshopped his photo... like trimming a little fat here and there, blanking out his head to hide his baldness, or adding some muscles.. like many Korean girls or beauty queen do these days on Facebook.

And why is he so shy about posting a video of himself running on the treadmill? That just make me feel like he's hiding something.

Of course, because of his business to promote LL, he has every motive to make himself appear as a LLer success.

onedayillgrow

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »

I must admit. I enjoy bashing Apoth (for fun). But if that's him in the photo, he doesn't look disproportion at all.... at 20cm of lengthening.

But that doesn't exclude the possibilities that he might have photoshopped his photo... like trimming a little fat here and there, blanking out his head to hide his baldness, or adding some muscles.. like many Korean girls or beauty queen do these days on Facebook.

And why is he so shy about posting a video of himself running on the treadmill? That just make me feel like he's hiding something.

Of course, because of his business to promote LL, he has every motive to make himself appear as a LLer success.

You gotta admit he does look good here though..  . How did he make his torso appear so in proportion? He look's totally fit..

rickybobby

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2014, 10:18:37 PM »

he looks good, that picture makes him look proportional....

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »

Too bad you can't see shin splints, joint stiffness, or injury to nerves and vessels in a photo.

I wouldn't want a lamborghini that had a permanently busted up engine, no matter how polished it was on the outside.

just4cm

• Visitor
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2014, 10:46:21 PM »

The photo shows him in a realy good shape but what's going on with his nerves, muscles and vessels... I don't know the guy and I've never been registered on that forum and I won't write anything bad about him, I wish him all the best and I hope he won't be an example to future LL patients.

20cms?? I had problems whit my knees when I was 10-11 and gained 7.5cm in one year naturally. I can't imagine what's going on with his body.

Who is/was his doctor? So I know not to go there never ever.

Gichelu

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »

Why would anyone lengthen their legs by four inches on each bone? Holy hell his penis must look tiny next to those stretched out legs. And how do you explain being 6'2 and having size nine shoes or whatever his original height foot size is? Embarrassing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:02:07 PM by Gichelu »
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »

Apo went to Dr. Betz in Germany for both of his lengthenings.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up