Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: OldieButGoldie Internal Femurs - Dr. Betz - 2013  (Read 38650 times)

wangchaoan

Re: OldieButGoldie Internal Femurs - Dr. Betz - 2013
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2020, 07:39:36 PM »

Well, 2018-12 to 2020-07, it's been around 1.5 years. Everything goes well. Daily walking is 95% ( my girlfriend never noticed anything wrong with my walking), rarely jumping but I know I can jump well, sometimes jogging and feeling good. It's normal for me to go upstairs and downstairs quickly and 2 steps by 2 steps. Just one thing, tendons around my knees are still tight if I bend my knees and stretch my upper legs backwards. Anyway, things are getting better day after day. If there is a recovery rate, I bet it be 0.01%. That is, after the first fast recovery year, it will be like only 3.5% recovery for the following every year. You will be completely normal someday. Believe it.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2020, 08:35:13 AM »

Every since the week I discovered LL and found your diary as well as your statements about "don't do LL" I can't stop thinking about your words. I don't know what to think. I really wonder if a dude was truly truly short and not 173 like you, but instead like 160 or 165, if you would still strongly tell them to not do it. You do have wise words, and it might be in our heads, but I honestly don't know what to think.

I don't know what to think anymore. Your words resonate, but so does my desire to be taller and lose the neurosis. Don't know. What to think. Or do.

This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2020, 12:05:19 PM »

Hi OBG,

Do you think that doing 5cm femur Strydes will still be worth the risk these days if you do everything right? Do you think with the improvement in the nails and just knowing more about the procedure versus in 2013 that the risk these days could still be worth it? Would you have more confidence in getting this surgery now than if you had done it in 2013? Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your journey with us.

-brondo

wangchaoan

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2020, 07:14:52 PM »

Only one suggestion, keep in mind that never over lengthening.

wangchaoan

« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2020, 07:18:14 PM »

If you are under 170cm, it's worth a try.
If you are over 175cm, not quite neccessary.
If you are from 170-175cm, it all depends on your finacial situation and your desire.

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2022, 10:54:53 PM »

hey guys whats up

just had a glass of wine too much (or two ) and checked in on here
people still doing this crazy op?
obviously yes.
and will continue to do.
invest your money into something else.
life is not about height.
peace
over and out
OBG

BelowTheMean

« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2022, 07:47:17 PM »

Welcome back OBG. Your post-op skiing videos were one of the things that convinced me to do the surgery lol.

It's great being taller, but I agree.. doing the surgery makes you realize that height isn't that important.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Movie

« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2023, 05:41:43 AM »

I second this, save that half-of-a-house deposit money. hit the gym, 8cms in femurs people notice you're a bit disproportionate so you got to have thick skin to take the looking and people noticing you did this surgery, specially since it has become very main stream now...
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Kintaeryos

« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2023, 07:12:38 AM »

I second this, save that half-of-a-house deposit money. hit the gym, 8cms in femurs people notice you're a bit disproportionate so you got to have thick skin to take the looking and people noticing you did this surgery, specially since it has become very main stream now...
Is it really that noticeable? A lot of people here say that for 7 cm it isn't.

Siegfried

« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2023, 10:37:26 AM »

@movie strongly disagree, going from 1.67 to 176 via LL myself is the best thing that ever could have happened to me. oldiebutgoldie was not small (1.73) before he did the surgery, so obviously he has not gone through what actuall short people go through in life.

I agree that with 8cm in femurs you proportions will be off, but that is something you should have accounted for beforehand.

Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Acemace86

« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2023, 12:04:58 PM »

Move along then!

1team

« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2023, 12:24:11 PM »

What amount femurs do you think average person can get away with not getting noticed that you have LL legs? 6cm?

babygirl

« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2023, 12:37:19 AM »

What amount femurs do you think average person can get away with not getting noticed that you have LL legs? 6cm?

Anything goes as long as the ratio between tibia and femurs is around 0.76-0.84
1.84m. | That's 6' and ½ inch.
Researching limb shortening.

Movie

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2023, 09:09:52 PM »

congrats, glad you're happy with your results, I'm just sharing my experience if I had to do it again coming from somebody who did the surgery 4.5 years ago
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Rockstarz5

« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2024, 02:07:11 AM »

Dont get it.. are you not happy with your height? If it just propotions well you can also do tibias as well,

Rockstarz5

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2024, 02:10:59 AM »

Sound like dissapoting, well Im already disportioned, long torso big back but small legs, femur and tibia, you think it would look bad?

tilli

• Visitor
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2024, 02:23:55 PM »

congrats, glad you're happy with your results, I'm just sharing my experience if I had to do it again coming from somebody who did the surgery 4.5 years ago

Hey @Movie, i didn't quite understand, what do you mean by the statement "if I had to do it again" - what would u do differently?

I am also wondering about those 8cm talks in femurs, also from @Siegfried - is it that noticable? I am thinking about 7 to 7.5cm in my femurs.

Do you guys have any videos (from someone, not necessarily yourselves) where one can see someone in that femur lengthening range, in short pants, and especially from the side? I would really be interested in that, like, how would it look on the beach etc.
I mainly get to see front view pictures, i wanna see how it comes across when walking from the side perspective.

By the way, i find the @OldieButGoldie comments SO interesting, he goes from enthusiasm in the beginning to an absolute "0/10, can't recommend"  :o
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up