Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Diary with Dr PILI in Italy looking to get 8-9 cm taller  (Read 33932 times)

onemorefoot

Re: New Diary with Dr PILI in Italy looking to get 8-9 cm taller
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2017, 07:59:54 PM »

Which is the price for Internal lengthening un Italy? Will you accept another round with precice?
Budget will determine my future.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2017, 08:39:48 PM »

I removed the frames at the end of January.
10 months for 8.3 cm.
I walk normally now and can also run, even thought I am not yet 100%!
I feel really good with my new height!  8)
congrats man!
is 8.3 cm ur final height that is after any compression? as in did u lose any length after frame removal like lumiere did?
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Body Builder

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2017, 08:40:11 PM »

Which is the price for Internal lengthening un Italy? Will you accept another round with precice?
I think this is about 55.000 euros for precise 2 which is a little too bit imo.
If this price is real, I hope dr Pili change it a little to something like 6-8.000 euros less and I'm sure that he will be maybe the first choice for many of us who want to do imternals in europe.
But when Monegal has a price of almost 20.000 euros less, I think Pili is expensive, not ridiculously like Guichet but still.

So lets hope for a (not big of course) price reduction and Pili will be the first choice for many of us for internals.

onemorefoot

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2017, 08:43:21 PM »

I read that despite Catagni not doing femurs, he would charge 50k€ so maybe Pili price can be 50k€ too a little less than 55k€,  I want two ll, so maybe a discount can be done.

notimportant

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2017, 11:50:39 PM »

I don't understand why you say Dr Monegal is 20000 eur less. In Monegal's clinics there are many hidden costs (see Nomad case). Then the guest house is expensive as fk and the fake PT he obliges to hire charges more than a real PT. Dr Monegal's less expensive than Dr Guichet but not as cheap as some people say. If you have complications you can finally pay much more than 100k.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

onemorefoot

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2017, 12:50:43 AM »

Fake pt??? Holly sh-+, but how nobody has complained about that, that is concerning.

notimportant

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2017, 01:14:13 AM »

There are few posts about this in the forum. People don't complain because they're afraid of him.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

onemorefoot

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2017, 01:51:39 AM »

That can make easier to get fracturated And other serious complications, should se do something?

exagerate

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2017, 09:53:36 AM »

I know he does also Precise but the best is to ask Dr Pili.
He is very approachable and usually replays in a matter of 1-2 days.

http://drpiliortopedico.it/en/allungamneto-arti/
Contact him directly from his site. It is the best option.  ;)

exagerate

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »

I was also scared about complications using a nail. That's why I chose to have a HEF!
It is cheaper and safer.
  :)

Knik

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »

can we have some pics ?
Looking for Pili

endderz_eyre

• Visitor
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »

Hi exagerate!

Glad to hear that you are doing well! It's nice to see a Swiss around.

I have some question regarding the procedure:

- could you drive during the lenthening?
- how far could you walk a day? would it be possible to work an office job during lenthening?

Espresso2132

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »

A che punto sei, anch'io ho fatto l'allungamento con pili... I have also done leg lengthening with pili. I finished lengthening a while back... I am about to be removing my lizarov, I have lengthened 9 cm

EveryCMCounts

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 02:35:32 PM »

I must say that this seems lika a highly interesting option! One question! In the description of Dr. Pili and his method the following is stated "When the HEF is removed a splint is applied to the leg to protect the new formed bone.". Does this mean that after having performed LL one will keep a piece of metal in the legs for the rest of ones lifetime? Or is the splint external?

onemorefoot

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2017, 05:11:26 AM »

I must say that this seems lika a highly interesting option! One question! In the description of Dr. Pili and his method the following is stated "When the HEF is removed a splint is applied to the leg to protect the new formed bone.". Does this mean that after having performed LL one will keep a piece of metal in the legs for the rest of ones lifetime? Or is the splint external?
Just for some months you keep the splint, to protect the new formed Bone, It is already formed but not completely calcified

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »

Does anyone know how long it takes with the device Dr Pili uses to weight bear (walk with crutches) and to walk without support?
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

TIBIKE200

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2017, 06:03:40 PM »

Does anyone know how long it takes with the device Dr Pili uses to weight bear (walk with crutches) and to walk without support?

Like all REAL ilizarov apparatus, immidiatly after surgery
I learned some stuff during this time

doomsday

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »

Like all REAL ilizarov apparatus, immidiatly after surgery
stop misinforming people....

TIBIKE200

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2017, 07:51:09 PM »

stop misinforming people....

With crutches I meant. And usually it's like that

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2017, 06:19:14 AM »

Is it? Can a former external tibia patient (better if Dr. Pili patient) confirm this?
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »

Is it? Can a former external tibia patient (better if Dr. Pili patient) confirm this?
After Ilizarov surgery, you can walk after surgery, that is the only advantage external fixators have on Internal fixators, also the alignment.

doomsday

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »

After Ilizarov surgery, you can walk after surgery, that is the only advantage external fixators have on Internal fixators, also the alignment.
Another LL dweller and kid who thinks he knows anything.

There are tons of Ilizarov frames with different amount of pins and half pins put in different places depending who is performing the surgery and patients  legs anatomy
Some doctors dont allow walking even with walker up to 2 weeks to stop bones from grinding and giving some time to let the frame tighten up.
Not mention about the fact that most LON patients are not allowed to walk thanks to pins that need to avoid the rod which weakens the frame.

So please shut the  fcuk if you don't know sh it...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2017, 11:00:04 PM »

There are tons of Ilizarov frames with different amount of pins and half pins put in different places depending who is performing the surgery and patients  legs anatomy
Some doctors dont allow walking even with walker up to 2 weeks to stop bones from grinding and giving some time to let the frame tighten up.
Not mention about the fact that most LON patients are not allowed to walk thanks to pins that need to avoid the rod which weakens the frame.

I am talking from what I have seen in a very famous orthopedic center in Italy (not related to cosmetic LL). People here usually use a heavy bulky ilizarov frame made with carbon fibers which makes it very light but also very strong. Patients here are not only allowed but also forced to walk immidiatly after surgery.
  I am talking about pure ilizarov alone and I meant only crutches walker. What happens in third world countries, I have no idea.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2017, 11:06:24 PM »

It's obviously frame and doctor dependent, that's why I'm asking former tibia patients for their experience.

I am talking from what I have seen in a very famous orthopedic center in Italy (not related to cosmetic LL). People here usually use a heavy bulky ilizarov frame made with carbon fibers which makes it very light but also very strong. Patients here are not only allowed but also forced to walk immidiatly after surgery.
  I am talking about pure ilizarov alone and I meant only crutches walker. What happens in third world countries, I have no idea.

Hey TIBIKE, which famous orthopedic center are you talking about?  Do you mean walking immediately after surgery with crutches and when can you walk normally? Tanti saluti if you are from the land of pizza, pasta e mozzarella.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2017, 12:00:20 AM »

One more time you, pain, what the fu!! LON has to do with pure external fixation in terms of weight support? I told you And tell you one more time, if you go to cra??? Doc as yours, they have you in frames forever, every doc you ask Will tell you that you should walk with crutches with PURE external fixation, becuase It helps bone formation, if you didnt do It, that is not my problem, so shut Up your a!! and use better the forum.

doomsday

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2017, 03:17:40 AM »

One more time you, pain, what the fu!! LON has to do with pure external fixation in terms of weight support? I told you And tell you one more time, if you go to cra??? Doc as yours, they have you in frames forever, every doc you ask Will tell you that you should walk with crutches with PURE external fixation, becuase It helps bone formation, if you didnt do It, that is not my problem, so shut Up your a!! and use better the forum.
First of all, boy, the question was about weight bearing after the initial surgery. You said immediately which is a horse shi t. 
Second, there is no such thing as "REAL ilizarov apparatus". The Ilizarov frame/technique is more of a concept of using struts, rods, rings etc. It is highly adjustable. TSF and Hexapod are different but the principle of lengthening is similar.

Then you're changing your narrative by talking about general weight bearing which is a totally different subject. LON was mentioned there as an example that sometimes you can't walk and it still uses ilizarov frame...

You're getting lost in your pure stupidity, and then you try change the subject to defend yourself.   

Yes, weight bearing is good for the callus, muscle etc  in general but there is more caveats to that and saying that someone can walk straight after the surgery because of Ilizarov frame is a total BS.

In summary over 1000 post of nothing. Also, that story about Italian clinic is hilarious, keep lying boy. 

PS. You don’t know   about my doctor or doctors so please STFU.

onemorefoot

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2017, 03:37:14 AM »

Read Maurizio Catagni topic, " when Will I walk"? " "Immediately", I am not lying, every doc says that you can walk after the surgery with crutches. There are even vídeos, but I stop here, there is no sense in fighting about an universal truth.

The Dreamer

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2017, 06:54:00 AM »

can we have some pics ?
Yeah,I was wondering why no one is asking X-rays,pics after surgery ecc.Everyone is able to write an essay like that
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

syekhandone

• Visitor
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2017, 10:46:39 PM »

Doomsday,
I've been following any lenghtening forum almost 20yrs now....Since Random H... Board to old forum  and now LL Forumorum.
Have you seen Salameh Fix?
His unique frame (modified from original ilizarov Frame) allow his patients to walk "immediatelly" after surgery...
His frame has been used more than 10 years with good result

You can find diaries of his patients in this forum or in "old" forum.... or go his website;
http://www.lengthening-sldf.com/
Learn more doomsday..

As for a "real Illizarov",...yes there is a "real Illizarov" frame,.. it is combination of several (2-4) full circular frame with only using "wires" no pins at all....that's a "real ilizarov" frame.
I could share you the presentation or the textbook if you want to learn...
Learn doomsday...

exagerate

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »

Just for the sake of the discussion.
I found this video:
patient walking with crutches the day after surgery.

This is one of Pili's patients.

Click on the link to see the video

https://www.facebook.com/chirurgiaallungamentoartiDottPili/videos/vb.1627643804118911/1656375017912456/?type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/chirurgiaallungamentoartiDottPili/videos/1656375017912456/

The Dreamer

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »

Just for the sake of the discussion.
I found this video:
patient walking with crutches the day after surgery.

This is one of Pili's patients.

Click on the link to see the video

https://www.facebook.com/chirurgiaallungamentoartiDottPili/videos/vb.1627643804118911/1656375017912456/?type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/chirurgiaallungamentoartiDottPili/videos/1656375017912456/

[/quot
It's a video just of 8 seconds.More of that,the shotting is not very clear.
Can we have some of your pictures and videos ? You can cover you face with a dark circle if you worry about privacy
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up