Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilateral Tibia Lengthening and Varus correction with TSF  (Read 37695 times)

fritz

• Visitor
Re: Bilateral Tibia Lengthening and Varus correction with TSF
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 07:48:37 AM »

Hi fujitora,

so the problem isnt only with bones, its also with the muscles. I think, they must be stretched and lengthened as bones...

by the way, ist everything alright with you now?   

fujitora

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »

Yes, it's not just bones but muscles and tendons also play a major role in this procedure.

Everything is fine for now except for couple things -

1)I have ballerina in left leg, about 2-3 cm. It's been there for two months now. I'm trying hard but it's not getting any better. Right leg is fine. (LL Veterans - If anyone know of any exercises that can work the best, please suggest.)
2)I have a shattered bone in my right leg which wasn't fixated by my doctor. It got drifted away little bit, so my body would have to generate more bone to consolidate, so I'm guessing my consolidation time would increase due to this. I asked my doctor numerous time to fixate it and bring it closer, but he insisted not to.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Mtall

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »

Hey Fujitora! When are you going to update the diary and tell us what complications you had and how Dr. Dhawan handled it?

fujitora

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 12:43:23 PM »

I'll write it the coming weeks. I'm relaxing these days as I just finished lengthening, No more freq visits to clinic, I'm sleeping for 12-13 hours a day :)

LL is also a good time to eat how much ever you want and not to gain weight :) I've been eating like crazy over the last couple months, Pizzas burgers rice chicken fish ice creams chocolates biscuits fruits (mostly bananas) ,  but I haven't gained any weight. Feels so good :)
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Bander72

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 01:05:31 PM »

Why is it you wont gain weight.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »

Energy for recovery basically.

Bander72

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 01:17:39 PM »

Would that mean you could lose a lot of weight if you ate less.

fujitora

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2016, 01:26:28 PM »

Yeah, You'd lose weight if you eat less. I was 76 Kg before the surgery and I lot my appetite post surgery. I'm was 69 2 months ago, and I'm eating like crazy since then and I'm still at 69. I donno the exact reason for this but I'm so glad I'm not gaining weight....

Mark

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »

Hi Fujitora,
You have a very intersting apparatus. It looks very stable and controlled, I bet you never had any unexpected moves on your knees or bone bending ( on front or side). I'm I correct?

fujitora

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2016, 06:17:35 PM »

Hi Mark

Yes, from what I've seen so far, TSF looks very stable. I put my legs through lot of abuse, like, to fight ballerina in my left leg I raise my left leg and try to put all my weight on my left leg. Couple of times, I even tried climbing stairs holding the side rails which is very painful on muscles and I'd have to put most of my weight in one leg when I climb each step (some weight is transferred on hands as I'm holding the siderails). I didn't notice any bone bending or compression so far.

fujitora

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2016, 05:16:45 AM »

More Brainstorming on Stem Cells.

I consulted with couple more orthopedic doctors to get clarity on efficacy of stem cells. Wanted to share those details with the group -

1)Dr. J.P.Singh
Profile:
https://www.practo.com/delhi/doctor/dr-j-p-singh-orthopedist?subscription_id=1095334

Address:

Bone and Joint Clinic, #9, Basement, Road No. 33, Punjabi Bagh Extension, Delhi

My consultation:
I talked to him last week over the phone and explained my situation. He told to book an appointment on Monday (October 3rd), and send my helper to the clinic with my X-Rays and reports and some pictures.  We then had telephonic consultation.

He said that the callus formation looks good in my left leg. In the right leg, the callus formation is not good. I told him that I had a second surgery (coticotomy) on right tibia, which is the reason for low regenerate formation. He asked what my initial height was, and why I choose to go with limb lengthening. He insisted that this surgery is meant for dwarfs or extremely short people. I said I agree, but I anyways had to spend 7 months for bow leg correction, so why not wait for few more months to gain couple of extra inches. He was not convinced why I choose to undertake such a painful journey, and he thinks that anything above 160cm is a good Indian average height. This discussion went on, but I'll end it here because it's not beneficial to anyone.

I then snapped out of it and said I just want to know if stem cells will improve the rate of my callus formation. He said mesenchymal stem cells (the one found in bone marrow or umbilical cord) are used as a last resort for fractures when there is no callus formation. They don't create bone cells (osteoblasts), which tends to be a common misperception. The only option I have to speed up the recovery is to reverse the lengthening by 5 mm, wait for 2 weeks to see any progress in callus formation, and then lengthen back to 5mm. He also insisted not to lengthen back to 5mm, as I'm 165 now and loosing 5mm is not a big deal. He said I shouldn't worry about height at this point, and should focus on recovery.

I then asked him how long it would take for enough callus formation to occur, to take my frames off. He said he cannot answer that as he doesn't have my earlier X-rays (I've only sent him the most recent X-ray) to look at the rate of callus formation.

Finally, he said stem cells are costly (costs upto 3000 USD) and not effective for my situation. He told me try that pull back technique, and extensive physiotherapy to speed up consolidation.

2)Clinic counselors
Website Link: http://www.clinicounselors.com/contact-us.html

Consultation:
This one was also a telephonic consultation. This time, I got to speak to someone who claims to be a scientist and researcher on stem cells. They has a dedicated stem cell research team, stem cell culture lab, and are affiliated with few big hospitals in delhi. I shared my X-Rays and reports, and the guy contacted with their orthopedic team and got back to me. He also said that stem cell therapy will not be effective for my situation. He said there are lot of doctors who make exaggerated and miraculous claims about stem cells, and cautioned me to stay away from them. He said the same thing as the earlier doctor, that stem cells are only helpful for the cases of non-union. He said stem cells don't increase the rate of callus formation, and I should focus on physio and calcium supplements to speed up recovery.

My final thoughts:
After contacting three doctors on this matter, I'm now feeling skeptical on going with stem cells. Dr. Dhawan might be right after all, that I shouldn't take shortcuts and try not to deviate from the natural process as much as possible. May be I should go with apple's way of doing things here - to try not to fix something that's not broken (pun intended).

Also very disappointed with the looks of google pixel phone that released yesterday - looks like a blatant ripoff of iphone.

Bander72

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2016, 02:05:37 PM »

Seems like prb might be the only possible option and eveb thay is uncertain looks like the best thing to do is go hard in phyiso and increase calcium intake.

Penguinn

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2016, 02:11:51 PM »

I'm no doctor but personally I think after coming this far you shouldn't get invasive in the consolidation process, especially with something that your LL doctor doesn't recommend.

fujitora

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »

Agreed. But it sucks to stay handicapped for an entire year. It psychologically kills you.

I wish I was Wolverine, so that I heal in seconds rather than years. Fun fact : Wolverine is also 5'3" (the comic book one).

fujitora

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2016, 06:25:20 PM »

I've received some PMs about the cost of living in delhi, cost of physio etc. Please find those details below in INR.

Initial Surgery:    9,00,000
Physio:              Rs. 500 per 1 hour session.
Dr. Dhawan doesn't provide any physiotherapist post surgery. I booked one through portea.com. The physio visits your home as per your convenience. I took Physio sessions everyday for the first two months, and every alternate day for the next 4 months. If you don't have ballerina then you wouldn't be needing one post lengthening phase.
Rent:                27,000 per month.
Second Surgery: 33,000
I had a mal-union due to improper rod placement in my right leg. So I had a second surgery that included corticotomy in my tibia and fibula, replace bent wires, remove improperly placed rods and replace them in right positions.
Food:               5000 per month
I cook my food most of the time. I sometimes order food from zomato or foodpanda apps, like once a week.
Helper:             2000 per month
I hired a helper to assist with shopping stuff, take me to the hospital.
Other Expenses:  50,000 - 80,000 so far
These include X-Rays, cabs to travel to hospital or clinic for consultation, and doctor fees during consolidation, medicines, dressing & pin site cleaning materials etc.

Let me know if I missed something.

Bander72

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 04:17:41 AM »

The cheaper rent makes it more enticing to go there.

fujitora

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »

Yes, cost of living in delhi is quite cheap compared to Mumbai. I also like the people of delhi, they're very kind and eager to help.

fujitora

Continuation of Diary from May 24th
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 01:28:38 PM »

I’ve been waiting to publish about my complications but was holding off because I don’t know from where I should start. Finally, I decided to muster some patience and courage, and share the details with you.

Note that I did my best to be as factual, honest and unbiased as I can. You would notice some emotional elements here, which are purely subjective and indicative of only my personality and how my brain responded to these emotional hurdles, but not the competence of my doctor.

To make it convenient to read, I’ll write about each leg separately.

May 31st

Right Leg: I went to hospital to get X-Rays. He (Doctor) said that the callus formation looks good, and I have to keep up with the exercises. He said that he’ll perform bow leg correction while lengthening the next cm, and asked me to come to the clinic the coming weekend to perform calculations.

Left Leg: Nothing specific.

June 5th

Right Leg: I didn’t lengthen from May 31th till now. I was waiting for the next distraction sheet from the doctor.

I was given the bow leg correction program for the next 1 cm. So I’m supposed to complete bow leg correction and 1 cm lengthening in the next 20 days.

Note: To generate the distraction sheet, the doctor would have to run the TSF software from his laptop. Whenever there is a need to correct deformities like Varus or alignment, he performs some calculations on the X-Rays and then inputs those values to the TSF software, which gives us the distraction sheet to correct the deformity.

June 23rd

Right Leg:For the next few days, I continued distraction as provided. I stared noticing a hump developing on my right leg, near the area where the tibia was broken. It looked like lower segment of the broken bone is protruding outside, under the skin. So I went to a local X-Ray center near my home and took an X-Ray to see what’s happening. I saw that the bone was right under the skin, protruding out of the skin. The bones are way off, unaligned and very bad. I got scared and called the doctor, and explained what I saw. He told me to come on empty stomach next day at 9:00 am, because he suspected that I might need another surgery to fix that.

Left Leg: I noticed that my left legs going from bow to knock. I wanted to tell him this during our next consultation.

June 24th

Right Leg:I went the next day at 9:00 am to the hospital on empty stomach. He wasn’t there and I was waiting in the hallway in front of his cabin. I would’ve started later, had I known he wasn’t there. I called him couple of times to ask how long it’s going to take, he told me to wait as I don’t have anything else to do. He finally arrived at 1:00pm. He checked everything and said surgery wasn’t required. The rod that was placed in the right leg were locking the lower bone, which prevent it from any angular movement. So he removed one of the rods (without anesthesia, and it wasn’t that painful). He took a new set of X-Rays to perform re-correction. He asked me to come to clinic next Sunday, on 26th, to run the software and give the new distraction sheet.

Left Leg: I told him that my legs look knock. He said that he might have over corrected it, and told me not to worry. He said when I come next time, he’ll reverse some of the correction during the next lengthening, and bring it back to normal.

June 26th

Right Leg:I went to the clinic and he performed calculations on the X-Rays and gave me new distraction sheet.

Left Leg: Nothing new on this leg, he asked me to continue with the earlier program. Once that is complete, he said he’ll give a second correction sheet to bring the legs back to normal.

July 10th

Right Leg:I completed the program given on June 26th but the hump was still there. He took a new X-Ray, and said that this is a complex correction and would take multiple corrections. So he gave me a new distraction sheet that includes 5mm lengthening and correction of the hump for the next 10 days. I insisted to do correction later and complete lengthening first, because there is a risk of pre-consolidation as we’re lengthening the bone very slowly. He said that it’s not the right way to do, and told me not to worry too much and everything will be alright, and to trust him.

Left Leg: He took X-Rays and performed calculations again to fix my Knock Knees, on left leg. He gave me a new distraction that includes 5mm lengthening and correction of knock knees.

July 19th

Right Leg:I completed the distraction program that was given during the last visit but the hump was still there. I went for the consultation. He took X-rays and said that the bone pre-consolidated in a malunion state in the right leg – both tibia and fibula. He said I would need a second surgery to re-break the tibia and fibula. I asked him if there is a way to avoid the surgery, and I’m okay to stop the lengthening. He said no, and that this is a malunion so the distraction program wouldn’t work as the bones are fused.

We planned for the surgery to be on July 25th. He gave me few blood tests to be performed prior to the surgery. I reminded him again that I have history of seizures and I should be given spinal anesthesia during the surgery, instead of general anesthesia. He said he remembers it, and we can double check on the surgery day.

Left Leg: He took new X-Rays and said that the left leg looks straight, and knock knees is fixed. He said that he’ll continue lengthening after the surgery on my right leg. He told me not to distract until then. I asked if we should continue lengthening left leg, and waiting any longer, there is a risk of consolidation. He said that we should treat both the legs together, and the callus formation in my left leg is not as vigorous as my right, and there is little chance of union.

I was however skeptical because the X-Ray showed equal callus formation as my right leg, and worried about consolidation.

July 25th

Right Leg:I got admitted at around 9:00am for the surgery. I spoke to the anesthesia team prior the surgery about my situation that I got seizures before and that I need spinal anesthesia.

The surgery happened at around 3:00pm. I was so sick of waiting on the bed in the recovery room from 9:00am to 3:00pm on empty stomach. I felt so hungry and on top of that Dhawan’s team members used to come once in a while and try to pass on judgmental comments, or brainwash me.

When I was taken to the surgery room, a guy tried to inject me something and I told him to hold off until doctor arrives. I was worried that this guy might be trying to knock me off with general anesthesia. However, he didn’t listen to me. He spoke to me a while ago while I was in the recovery room, and was furious that I got this surgery to increase height. He told me to be quiet and they know what they’re doing, and that he spoke to the anesthetist and will be proceeding accordingly. While this is happening, the doctor walked into the room. I told him to fixate the shattered bone as well, because it can slow down my recovery. He said he’ll see and ……… I got knocked off. When I woke up, I was in the recovery room again. It was around 6 pm. The surgery was over. I got so pissed that I was given general anesthesia, in spite of telling them repeatedly. I could’ve died there, if something had gone wrong.

After about an hour, the doctor arrived. He said that the surgery went fine. He said that he didn’t carry his laptop with him, so asked me to come to the hospital the next day to take new set of X-Rays to calculate for distraction sheet. I asked him why General anesthesia was given, and he said there is a slight miscommunication and that it’s no big deal because nothing happened. I asked him if he fixed the shattered piece of tibia, he said no and it’s not necessary. He said that the bone will remodel itself and I shouldn’t be worried about it. I said I agree but it’ll delay my consolidation period, but he disagreed. I was very pissed for multitude of reasons, and I have to come next day again in spite of the pain and trauma I went through today.

Left Leg: It’s been 6 days since I didn’t lengthen this leg. I was worried about pre-consolidation. I knew that if I turn all the distractors by 1mm, it equates to 1 mm lengthening without changing the alignment or angle. Moreover, I only had to do lengthening on this leg, as correction is already done. So I decided to lengthen this myself at 1mm per day, without waiting for him to run the software. The distractors were becoming very tight as I turn, which was an indication that the bones are starting to fuse. By this time, I only did 4.5 cm, so I knew it wasn’t my muscles stiffness. So I decided to lengthen this by 5mm by the time he completes surgery in right leg and gives me a new distraction sheet.

July 26th

Right Leg:I went to the hospital. It was raining like hell, and it was very difficult for me to get out of the car and go inside the hospital. I just had the surgery yesterday and wounds are still fresh with stiches on. So I was worried about rain water getting onto the wounds and causing infection. I got lucky and somehow managed to get onto the wheelchair without wetting myself, and went into the hospital.

The doctor asked me to get new X-Rays which took about an hour. Then my wounds were cleaned and dressing was changed. Then the doctor said that he doesn’t have he forgot again to being his laptop, and asked me to come to the clinic tomorrow with those new X-Rays, to perform calculation again.

I said I don’t want to travel again tomorrow, because I had surgery yesterday and I’m in lot of pain and I’ve been travelling for the last two days back and forth to the hospital. I said I’ll come to the clinic tonight itself, and requested him to take some time out for me considering the situation I’m in. He agreed. I then waited in the hospital, sitting in the wheelchair near the corridor as people stare at me, for 3 hours and then took a cab to the clinic.

My house is in the middle of hospital and clinic. It takes an hour for me to go to the hospital, 30 mins when there is less traffic. So it took 2 hours to go from hospital to clinic. It was night 9pm by the time I reached clinic. The doctor ran the calculations and gave me a new distraction sheet for 14 days to fix he hump and lengthen by 7mm. I was out of the clinic by 10 pm.

Left Leg: When I met him at 9:00pm at his clinic, I told him that I continued lengthening without his sheet. He said not to do that again, and I shouldn’t take my own decisions. I said it’s just lengthening, and there is no need for the sheet as we know that turning all the struts by 1mm equates to 1mm lengthening. He said it’s alright, but not to do it again. He gave me a new distraction sheet for 1cm.
So I left the clinic. I was in a wheelchair, and my helper accompanied me. The clinic is situated in a dark roadway, and the network signal is usually very weak there, and cabs have hard time getting into this roadway (even with GPS) because it’s a very narrow way. So I had to go on wheelchair from the clinic to the main road, which is about 200 meters, and there we so many mosquitoes biting all over me. I couldn’t kill them by slapping against the skin because of the frames. I felt miserable. On top of that, there were street dogs all over that narrow roadway and some them were growling at us. My wounds were fresh, and I knew they could smell blood. Some dogs tried to come closer at the smell of blood, but my helper chased them away. I had a scary and emotional breakdown moment then, and almost had tears in my eyes. I felt like what the hell did I put myself in, and wished things to get better soon and my final height better be worth all the torture I had gone through.

August 7th

Right Leg:So I went home and followed the distraction program that was given to me on July 26th, completed it and for consultation on August 7th.The hump was still there.

He took a new X-Ray and saw that the bone was still protruding out. He said that I need another correction to fix the hump, so he performed calculations again on the X-Ray, ran the TSF software, and gave me a new distraction sheet.

After I went home, I was worried whether the hump would be fixed or not. So I wanted to take opinion of another doctor. I emailed Dr. Parihar if he would be willing to do a Skype video consultation. He replied in couple of days that he’s okay with a skype call, but wanted to check my reports and X-Rays first. He said if he still couldn’t figure out by the reports the let’s do a Skype call. So I sent him my X-Rays and reports.

Left Leg: I completed lengthening 5.5 cm, and I told him that I’ll stop. Even though the bone gap shows 5.5 cm, If I calculate the entire tibia length and compare it against my original bone length, I found that the actual height achieved is only 5cm. I was however so pissed off at the way things are going with my right leg, and I don’t want to risk another surgery. Also, I started to develop ballerina in my left leg, so I decided to stop lengthening.

I told him to take a full length X-Ray and ensure that Bowness is completely fixed in my left leg, just a final check as lengthening is complete and I wouldn’t turn the distractors anymore. He took an X-Ray and said that it all looks good. However, when I look at my legs when still look curvy. I wasn’t convinced with his reply and asked him multiple times to double check, but he said it all looks good and I can rest the bone for consolidation.

August 24th

Right Leg:By the time Parihar reviewed my reports and responded back, I noticed that the hump was receding (Finally!!). So I replied the same to Parihar, and requested him to give me couple of weeks and I would contact him I the issue still persists.

By August 24th, the distraction program was complete and the hump was almost gone. When I went for consultation, the doctor said that the hump is gone and bones are also aligned. He also said that the little hump I see is a trough caused by weak skin (weak because it was cut twice at the same place), and it will disappear in few more days.

He gave me a new distraction sheet for just lengthening.

Sept 6th

Right Leg:I completed the distraction and went for consultation on September 6th. He took a new full length X-Ray to check for bow leg and leg length. He said that the right leg is smaller by 8mm, and would need further distraction. He gave me a new distraction sheet for 10days, for 8mm.

Left Leg: When he took the full length X-Ray and checked for Bowness, he said that I need further correction on my left leg. I said – I asked you multiple times 1 month ago and you said everything was fine. What changed now? He said that he would have to look at both the legs together to verify that, and that I need just a bit more correction on my left leg. I said I was worried that the bones are already fused, as it’s been a month. He said that it won’t be fused that told me not to worry too much. (I get pissed when someone tells me that. Of course I’m worried, these are my legs and my life on the line). He’s taken X-Ray of my left leg again, performed calculations and given me a distraction sheet for couple of days to correct bow leg.

September 18th

Right Leg:I completed the distraction program that was given to me on Sept 6th, and went for the consultation to the clinic on September 18th.

He took full length X-Ray and said that the bow leg correction is complete and both the legs look good, and are of equal length. The left leg was shorter by 2 mm, but he said it’s not a big deal and ignore it.

Left Leg: My left leg was still looking curvy, so I wasn’t convinced that the bow leg was fixed. So I visited couple of other orthopedic doctors to confirm it. They both have confirmed that I don’t have bow leg, and that my bones have a natural curvature which gives it that curvy look.

Penguinn

Re: Continuation of Diary from May 24th
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »

The surgery happened at around 3:00pm. I was so sick of waiting on the bed in the recovery room from 9:00am to 3:00pm on empty stomach. I felt so hungry and on top of that Dhawan’s team members used to come once in a while and try to pass on judgmental comments, or brainwash me.

When I was taken to the surgery room, a guy tried to inject me something and I told him to hold off until doctor arrives. I was worried that this guy might be trying to knock me off with general anesthesia. However, he didn’t listen to me. He spoke to me a while ago while I was in the recovery room, and was furious that I got this surgery to increase height. He told me to be quiet and they know what they’re doing, and that he spoke to the anesthetist and will be proceeding accordingly. While this is happening, the doctor walked into the room. I told him to fixate the shattered bone as well, because it can slow down my recovery. He said he’ll see and ……… I got knocked off. When I woke up, I was in the recovery room again. It was around 6 pm. The surgery was over. I got so pissed that I was given general anesthesia, in spite of telling them repeatedly. I could’ve died there, if something had gone wrong.

After about an hour, the doctor arrived. He said that the surgery went fine. He said that he didn’t carry his laptop with him, so asked me to come to the hospital the next day to take new set of X-Rays to calculate for distraction sheet. I asked him why General anesthesia was given, and he said there is a slight miscommunication and that it’s no big deal because nothing happened. I asked him if he fixed the shattered piece of tibia, he said no and it’s not necessary. He said that the bone will remodel itself and I shouldn’t be worried about it. I said I agree but it’ll delay my consolidation period, but he disagreed. I was very pissed for multitude of reasons, and I have to come next day again in spite of the pain and trauma I went through today.
Sounds like his entire staff is made of baboons. "Slight miscommunication" rofl. "Hey, you almost died, but you didn't, uh my bad! Don't tell your mother!"

Sucks that you had to go through all that especially considering it could all be avoided on their end. How do you feel now?

fujitora

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2016, 02:43:28 PM »

Sounds like his entire staff is made of baboons. "Slight miscommunication" rofl. "Hey, you almost died, but you didn't, uh my bad! Don't tell your mother!"

Sucks that you had to go through all that especially considering it could all be avoided on their end. How do you feel now?
Yeah, I dodged a bullet there!!! Sure.

I'm doing good now. In fact, much better. I got a bit lazy last month and didn't exercise much. But now I'm back on my feet, walking a lot and cycling. My ballerina has gotten better and I'm optimistic that if I continue this way I'll be in good shape.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2016, 02:44:05 PM »

Seriously, what a bunch of utter imbeciles, but that's what happens when people aren't gambling with their own lives.

Btw fuji, i know you posted an x-ray but how bad was your bowleg? And did you experience any pain because of it?

fujitora

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »

Seriously, what a bunch of utter imbeciles, but that's what happens when people aren't gambling with their own lives.

Btw fuji, i know you posted an x-ray but how bad was your bowleg? And did you experience any pain because of it?
Honestly, I didn't expect things to go this way. Phoenix's journey went a lot smoothly which is why I made this choice, but I guess true color comes out when complications arise. Also, Phoenix was his first patient to undergo this procedure with TSF from this forum, which might be the reason why his case was dealt with more attention. Anyways, I'm happy that things are good now, in spite of all that happened.

Regarding the severity of bow legs - I used to get calf pains and knee pains before during extended physical activity.

Lgazer

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2016, 02:55:09 PM »

so bad! I'm sorry

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »

Honestly, I didn't expect things to go this way. Phoenix's journey went a lot smoothly which is why I made this choice, but I guess true color comes out when complications arise. Also, Phoenix was his first patient to undergo this procedure with TSF from this forum, which might be the reason why his case was dealt with more attention. Anyways, I'm happy that things are good now, in spite of all that happened.

Regarding the severity of bow legs - I used to get calf pains and knee pains before during extended physical activity.

It's fine, i'm glad that it went smoothly.

I mostly ask about bowleg because i have constant knee pains and mild bowleg but i didn't get refunded surgery(not bowed enough) so ye.

Anyways good luck buddy, hope it will go smooth from now on.

Mtall

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2016, 03:18:38 PM »

Seems to me that Dr. Dhawan doesn't really give a sh*t about his patients.

In my opinion, a doctor's level of care towards the patient is just as important as the doctor's skill.

Making you come at 9 AM and then making you wait till 1 PM is bullsh*t, man! Who does that to a guy with 2 broken legs? And forgetting the laptop TWICE in a row? Never heard of.

And even I hate the term, "Don't worry". Yeah, don't worry because you can buy a new pair of legs at any open market, or better still you could order them online, get them delivered to you and just fix them on after throwing away your old ones. Why worry?

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. But, in the end, you still have your new height, and I hope you'll soon forget all this and live your life with your new height happily.

fujitora

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »

so bad! I'm sorry
Thanks you, things are good now. I'm happy that the worst part is over.

It's fine, i'm glad that it went smoothly.

I mostly ask about bowleg because i have constant knee pains and mild bowleg but i didn't get refunded surgery(not bowed enough) so ye.

Anyways good luck buddy, hope it will go smooth from now on.
I thought of that too - I was working with a private firm and they were willing to cover my expenses on the basis of bow leg correction surgery. However, I was afraid that if they come to know about height thing, it would compromise my integrity. So I did what was ethical, and bore the expenses myself.

fujitora

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2016, 04:26:12 PM »

Seems to me that Dr. Dhawan doesn't really give a sh*t about his patients.

In my opinion, a doctor's level of care towards the patient is just as important as the doctor's skill.

Making you come at 9 AM and then making you wait till 1 PM is bullsh*t, man! Who does that to a guy with 2 broken legs? And forgetting the laptop TWICE in a row? Never heard of.

And even I hate the term, "Don't worry". Yeah, don't worry because you can buy a new pair of legs at any open market, or better still you could order them online, get them delivered to you and just fix them on after throwing away your old ones. Why worry?

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. But, in the end, you still have your new height, and I hope you'll soon forget all this and live your life with your new height happily.

Thanks man, yeah I'm happy with the new height and that consolidation phase is more relaxing than lengthening phase. He's not the nicest guy on the planet but end of the day he did fix all my complications, albeit a little adventurously.

Some aspects, like coming late are somewhat of an accepted norms with many Indian doctors. So I was somewhat mentally prepared to face these type of things when I decided to do this surgery in India. My intent in revealing this information is not to speak ill about anyone, but to let future LL'ers know what the facts are and how things are dealt with over in India, so that they have realistic expectations about the level of care and attention.

Mtall

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2016, 07:40:24 PM »

Thanks man, yeah I'm happy with the new height and that consolidation phase is more relaxing than lengthening phase. He's not the nicest guy on the planet but end of the day he did fix all my complications, albeit a little adventurously.

Some aspects, like coming late are somewhat of an accepted norms with many Indian doctors. So I was somewhat mentally prepared to face these type of things when I decided to do this surgery in India. My intent in revealing this information is not to speak ill about anyone, but to let future LL'ers know what the facts are and how things are dealt with over in India, so that they have realistic expectations about the level of care and attention.

Fujitora, you seem to be playing it down.
Giving you General Anaesthesia when you instructed them not to is serious medical negligence.
And telling you that everything is fine and then 2 weeks later telling you that you need surgery to fix that is just pure carelessness.
You have a right to be angrier than you are now.
I actually admire your restraint

Bander72

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2016, 10:25:37 PM »

That General Anesthesia story is very worrying.

fujitora

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »

Nov 6th Update

I went to the hospital today to get new set of X-Rays. Callus formation looks good considering that I'm at 7 months post surgery. Ballerina has also gotten lot better. When I stand for 10 minutes my heel touches the ground. I intend to continue the current exercise regime to keep up the progress. Also, I decided not to go with PRP therapy or Stem cell therapy for accelerated bone healing because the callus formation looks good and I want to avoid any unnecessary complications by taking short cuts.

X-Rays:

Supplements that I'm taking since beginning of consolidation:
  • Spirex Forte: This is a tablet form of supplement for Calcium, Zinc & Vitamin D3. I'm taking 1 pill a day at random time
  • Depura 60k Vitamin D3 Oral Solution: This is an oral liquid form of supplement to rapidly boost Vitamin D3 levels, which is essential to improve your calcium absorption capacity. It comes in a 5ml ready to drink shot that I take one every week on empty stomach first thing in the morning.

Bander72

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2016, 02:09:18 PM »

It looks like you're making a good recovery. So you have 5 more months then of wearing the device.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up