Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New study on height across countries  (Read 20212 times)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: New study on height across countries
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 04:56:50 PM »

I just think that you have such a wide range for tall people and a super narrow range for average height people.

onemorefoot

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 01:11:14 AM »

If you think in the future, maybe height wont be a problem so wont be important, I dont like that. If everybody has
the same advantages, the advantages will disappear, so this world will be bored. Imagine if everybody could aspire to be as intelligent as Einstein, this would be bored and silly. But maybe discrimination could dissapear??? I dont think so, humans would create another things that could make the difference. I am just saying that ADN cant be completily changed, becuase it would create a bored world.

Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 01:15:02 AM »

Imho it will be good for the shortest/tallest people.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 02:09:06 PM »

If you think in the future, maybe height wont be a problem so wont be important, I dont like that. If everybody has
the same advantages, the advantages will disappear, so this world will be bored. Imagine if everybody could aspire to be as intelligent as Einstein, this would be bored and silly. But maybe discrimination could dissapear??? I dont think so, humans would create another things that could make the difference. I am just saying that ADN cant be completily changed, becuase it would create a bored world.

Oh no, people would still be very different - intelligence, personality, behaviour, etc., and will still be able to suceed in whatever ways they like. But the unfair inequality will be gone, at least in regards to height. People would even still be differently tall, but just the possibility of easily changing your height to whatever you want it to be, if we assume that's gonna be possible one day, will reduce the importance people place on height. How can you not love that thought? Seriously.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

onemorefoot

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 06:11:28 PM »

Because you are talking about changing the ADN, if you do that, everybody can have the same things and success will be impossible, all we be the same, that doesnt mean that discrimination will disapppear but.......Hmmm.
Budget will determine my future.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 11:02:24 PM »

What is ADN anyway?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2016, 03:40:32 AM »

There will always be something that people will use to bolster their status and diminish others, humans are, by nature, predisposed to hierarchical thinking.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

Knik

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »

South Korean government are clearly lying about 5'8 average.
Looking for Pili

Otzz

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 01:02:07 AM »

Interesting new study of trends in height across countries for the last century. Young Dutch men are now the tallest at nearly 6 feet on average. South Koreans and Iranians show largest increase.

https://elifesciences.org/content/5/e13410

Average Dutchman is 181.1cm (5'11.25") according to these stats:

http://statline.cbs.nl/Statweb/publication/?DM=SLNL&PA=81565NED&D1=0-5&D2=a&D3=0-1,5&D4=0&D5=0,10,20,30,33-35&HDR=T&STB=G1,G2,G3,G4&VW=T

myloginacct

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 02:22:28 PM »

This is a good study but it has some sensational claims.

E.g.:
Being taller is associated with enhanced longevity

It really is not. The highest life expectancy in Europe is in Sardinia, Italy, where, coincidentally, are also the shortest people in Europe. They share the highest rate of centenarians in the world with the Okinawans, from Japan. You'd think the highest expectancy in Europe would be located in places like Sweden, Norway or Iceland due to their very high living standards; it's not.

A lot of the current research seems to indicate that height is a big component in longevity, but in the opposite direction that this study shows. It's also a potential explanation as to why women tend to live longer than men.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-05-sardinian-men-height-factor-longevity.html

I'd also be very skeptical of the height and IQ claims. Einstein was 5'7", and most of the Japanese Nobel Laureates were around that height. That claim probably only applies, on average, to Western society. Correlation is also not causation, etc. It could simply be that the better nutrition taller Westerners get also affects their IQ levels. Basically, you shouldn't take that claim as gospel.

Overall, I just wanted to make this post because people on this forum already have enough psychological issues as it is. You don't need extra ones based on poor or outdated science.   

google42

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 04:28:40 PM »

E.g.:
It really is not. The highest life expectancy in Europe is in Sardinia, Italy, where, coincidentally, are also the shortest people in Europe. They share the highest rate of centenarians in the world with the Okinawans, from Japan. You'd think the highest expectancy in Europe would be located in places like Sweden, Norway or Iceland due to their very high living standards; it's not.

A lot of the current research seems to indicate that height is a big component in longevity, but in the opposite direction that this study shows. It's also a potential explanation as to why women tend to live longer than men.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-05-sardinian-men-height-factor-longevity.html

I'd also be very skeptical of the height and IQ claims. Einstein was 5'7", and most of the Japanese Nobel Laureates were around that height. That claim probably only applies, on average, to Western society. Correlation is also not causation, etc. It could simply be that the better nutrition taller Westerners get also affects their IQ levels. Basically, you shouldn't take that claim as gospel.

Overall, I just wanted to make this post because people on this forum already have enough psychological issues as it is. You don't need extra ones based on poor or outdated science.
People will correlate things with anything but that doesn't make it true. It's just like how people correlate race with certain things like IQ and make other absurd claims when in reality there are many factors that need to be considered.

6'2_dream

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2018, 03:42:50 PM »

these studies take into account the natural genetic height,
most of these data are from military enlistments that happen around the age of 18 these
data are accurate because all young people are registered, surveys that present other age
after 18 years are made with small groups of people are not done with the whole population
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

wants2growtaller

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 02:43:37 PM »

im a short black Canadian. And no not all black people are exceptionally tall . I have seen average and tall and a few short black people.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

6'2_dream

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2019, 02:05:38 PM »

this growth is related to the HDI (human development index) and this is directly related to food as well, it is only to compare with very poor countries generally has a very low average, or compare north korea and korea, south korea in 50 years has grown a lot with a 10cm difference from North Korea, it is related to the nutrition of the population, therefore, they exert countries where they have grown very much because the country has improved its HDI consequently favoring the nutrition of its population, Brazil itself is an example In the general average we have 174-175cm of average, but southern states of Brazil where the HDI is higher indicate a higher average height,
with a mean of 177-178 in 2005 for 18-year-old boys, these values ​​are expected to be higher following the graphical growth logic, it is probable that it is close to 1.80, I live in Santa Catarina state and I can confirm that a large part of young people are approximately 178cm tall, taking into account measurements of
 military enlistment that is made annually

link of study of the city of Blumenau of Santa Catarina state southern region of Brazil

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0104-42302010000300014
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:29:20 PM by 6'2_dream »
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

d123123asd

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 08:36:12 PM »

Well bad news then, I mean, if the genetic manipulation become a reality, everyone will have an advantage, being able to choose your kid's eye color, hair, skin, height, physique, athletic? there you go, you can have it. Smart? there you go, you can have it too. Yeah, future will be scary

Sorcerer

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »

Height related surgeries and other medical procedures in South Korea are on daily basis.
The criminal country contaminating China and Jap with their toxic and distorted ideologies that height and

appearance can evaluate a man and woman's value surpassing inner beauties.

Body Builder

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 02:13:33 PM »

E.g.:

Very well said.
Taller people live on average less than shorter ones.
Also, I really doubt about any correlation of iq with height.
Most very tall people I know are really dumb, the same I could say with some abnormally short men (less than 1.60).
For sure being taller doesn't mean that you are smarter. Most smart people I know are with average heights.

Sorcerer

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 10:45:09 PM »

Very well said.
Taller people live on average less than shorter ones.
Also, I really doubt about any correlation of iq with height.
Most very tall people I know are really dumb, the same I could say with some abnormally short men (less than 1.60).
For sure being taller doesn't mean that you are smarter. Most smart people I know are with average heights.
The study itself stated few studies exist that can prove correlations between Intelligence quotient and height, but tall dumbasses have not shut their mouths yet  instead of running mouth that shorter guys are more retarded and stupid. What's more,  another study proving correlations between IQ and height picked out samples from developing Asian countries. Also,two studies admitted there were only delicate differences between tall and short guys' IQs.
So I would say tall guys who are perceiving these studies as excuses of condescending upon short guys are severe retards.
What's worse,IQ,whose operational concept is just making joke:score in IQ questionaire,is fooling a huge abundance of amateurs into talents and reinforcing the fortress hindering natal average and under average pll from promoting to ppl over average.
Let's just laugh off modern but feudal 'information cocoons' and consider ppl who believe IQ,let alone correlations between height and IQ,as droppers out of primary school studies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up