Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 186079 times)

Penguinn

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #372 on: November 15, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »

Duck ass is usually caused by the ileo-psoas.. Do some thomas stretches with your physio
I don't think it's that muscle. It's the top quad muscle that comes from the hip and the hamstring that needs to be more flexible. It bends my knee causing my butt to go a little back as a result. I'll ask about this one.

Thanks, and I'd read some negative things about Dr. Shah on this forum, and later even more stuff through PMs. However I've promised the person who told me that I'd keep it to myself. Also after the first time I spoke to Parihar and through reading Kilo's diary I didn't think I needed to look further.
I'd also like to correct this- the person who'd told me some negative incidents about Dr. Shah turned out to be a fake, so I take it back and sorry. The main reason I chose Dr. Parihar is because after meeting with him I didn't need to look further, not because there's anything wrong with Dr. Shah. To those considering, do your own research.

wasabix

• Visitor
« Reply #373 on: November 19, 2016, 12:15:20 PM »

Doing Precice 2 nails in my femurs with Dr. Mangal Parihar. My surgery's on 20th September, about 12 days to go. I will be the Dr's first Precice 2 patient(slightly unnerving); however he says it won't matter. The total cost for those wondering is around $42,000 or 28 Lakhs(nails + surgery, not counting hotel stay or travel).

When you say 24 lakhs is that Indian rupees??
Also why did you choose Precice over the LON and Ilizarov apparatus?
Good luck for your lengthening and I hope all goes well (:

Penguinn

« Reply #374 on: November 19, 2016, 12:25:03 PM »

When you say 24 lakhs is that Indian rupees??
Also why did you choose Precice over the LON and Ilizarov apparatus?
Good luck for your lengthening and I hope all goes well (:

*28 and rupees. I ended up spending more. Make that approx 33, considering I'll get back the Precice deposit. That's $48K.

Precice is way more comfortable and I wanted to lengthen 3" which I wouldn't have done in my tibias.

wasabix

• Visitor
« Reply #375 on: November 19, 2016, 12:34:06 PM »

*28 and rupees. I ended up spending more. Make that approx 33, considering I'll get back the Precice deposit. That's $48K.

Precice is way more comfortable and I wanted to lengthen 3" which I wouldn't have done in my tibias.

And when you say 48k do you mean 48,000 in rupees or dollars? I'd just like to make sure so I know abouts how much I need to make.
And that's a lot of inches I'm very excited for you, man!!
In terms of movement (as I've heard you can't weight bear with precice) what can you do?? Are you allowed on crutches?

Penguinn

« Reply #376 on: November 19, 2016, 01:31:07 PM »

And when you say 48k do you mean 48,000 in rupees or dollars? I'd just like to make sure so I know abouts how much I need to make.
And that's a lot of inches I'm very excited for you, man!!
In terms of movement (as I've heard you can't weight bear with precice) what can you do?? Are you allowed on crutches?

Dollars.

I can bend my knee at around 140° assuming 180 is where your heel touches your thigh. I can move my legs about pretty fine on the bed, but they're not as free as pre-op and things like turning on a side take more time. Recently my heels have been feeling sore to the touch so some movements are slower.

Mtall

« Reply #377 on: November 19, 2016, 02:40:04 PM »

Hey Penguinn. Sorry to hear about the duck ass, how's that coming along now?
And as of today, how many cm lengthened?

KrP1

« Reply #378 on: November 19, 2016, 03:09:33 PM »

How is your hiperextensión?

Penguinn

« Reply #379 on: November 19, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey Penguinn. Sorry to hear about the duck ass, how's that coming along now?
And as of today, how many cm lengthened?
I never had duck ass. I was fooled because I held the walker ahead of me and that caused me to stand at a weird angle. The only problem is the right knee bends a little because the glutes muscles and hamstring is a bit tight. The left is completely fine somehow though.

How is your hiperextensión?
Perfect on the left, bad on the right. I have to stand while hyperextending my right leg as physio and that will improve it eventually.

sashawiak

« Reply #380 on: November 24, 2016, 08:45:04 AM »

You'll be done lengthening in two weeks  ;D how does it feel? Like time just flew by or are you dying to get back to regular life again?

Penguinn

« Reply #381 on: November 24, 2016, 10:56:54 AM »

You'll be done lengthening in two weeks  ;D how does it feel? Like time just flew by or are you dying to get back to regular life again?

The start of the journey was tough and a bit frustrating, then time flew and I have a small complication now but time's still flying. I surrounded myself with video games and after doing physio twice a day I'm exhausted and sleep well. I won't be walking for 2+ months after lengthening is done so regular life is still far away.

caioOo8900

• Visitor
  • Height: 166cm Wingspan: 168cm
« Reply #382 on: November 25, 2016, 03:19:56 AM »

How are you Penguinn? How many mm already got? Good luck

Penguinn

« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2016, 03:37:12 AM »

How are you Penguinn? How many mm already got? Good luck

60mm or 6cm today. My right knee is still a little bent and looks a bit awkward when I stand, but at least it hasn't gotten worse over lengthening the last 1cm.

sashawiak

« Reply #384 on: November 25, 2016, 04:37:52 AM »

The start of the journey was tough and a bit frustrating, then time flew and I have a small complication now but time's still flying. I surrounded myself with video games and after doing physio twice a day I'm exhausted and sleep well. I won't be walking for 2+ months after lengthening is done so regular life is still far away.

The journey is coming to an end soon though. Then you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy your new height. :)

wasabix

• Visitor
« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2016, 06:55:27 AM »

Damn 6cm is a lot over 2 months!! I'm really happy for you, dude :) I hope it continues to go well for you
Will you be stopping at this length or will you continue to go for the 7.5?
Also cos of your first complication what exercises could you have done before to have prevented it? Or it just really depends on the person and how their body reacts to the lengthening.
Are you allowed to do weights and workout the upper body at all whilst lengthening? Like doing bicep curls, or pull ups at all?

Penguinn

« Reply #386 on: November 25, 2016, 07:04:07 AM »

Damn 6cm is a lot over 2 months!! I'm really happy for you, dude :) I hope it continues to go well for you
Will you be stopping at this length or will you continue to go for the 7.5?
Also cos of your first complication what exercises could you have done before to have prevented it? Or it just really depends on the person and how their body reacts to the lengthening.
Are you allowed to do weights and workout the upper body at all whilst lengthening? Like doing bicep curls, or pull ups at all?

Thanks. I'll go for 7+ for sure.
I could've stood straight without bending either knee for a while every day on the walker; basically the same exercise I do now but it would've been much easier without the complication in the first place.

I could definitely work on my biceps but only while on the bed. There's no way you could do pull ups in this state. My forearms have gained some muscle anyway from using them more than normal as support for moving around.

Dreamtaller

• Visitor
« Reply #387 on: November 25, 2016, 07:43:46 AM »

Hey...i am happy your doing good...hows the 6cm height increase?...can you notice any difference?
I would suggest you to stop at 7cm ...cheers

Penguinn

« Reply #388 on: November 25, 2016, 04:59:08 PM »

Hey...i am happy your doing good...hows the 6cm height increase?...can you notice any difference?
I would suggest you to stop at 7cm ...cheers

Yeah, there's most definitely a difference.

Dreamtaller

• Visitor
« Reply #389 on: November 25, 2016, 05:05:36 PM »

is it a noticeable difference from others or just a normal difference?

Penguinn

« Reply #390 on: November 25, 2016, 05:16:51 PM »

is it a noticeable difference from others or just a normal difference?
Not sure what you mean. It's noticeable to others and to me.

Mtall

« Reply #391 on: November 26, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »

The start of the journey was tough and a bit frustrating, then time flew and I have a small complication now but time's still flying.

What is your small complication now?

Mtall

« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2016, 02:47:27 PM »

Thanks. I'll go for 7+ for sure.
I could've stood straight without bending either knee for a while every day on the walker; basically the same exercise I do now but it would've been much easier without the complication in the first place.

So is standing painful now?

Penguinn

« Reply #393 on: November 26, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »

What is your small complication now?
The knee bending issue.

So is standing painful now?
Nope, but if I stand normally my right knee is bent an inch or so ahead of the left. If I have to stand like a normal person, I have to pull back my right knee, meaning stretch the hamstring and that's strenuous.

The Kaiser

« Reply #394 on: November 26, 2016, 08:51:56 PM »

The knee bending issue.
Nope, but if I stand normally my right knee is bent an inch or so ahead of the left. If I have to stand like a normal person, I have to pull back my right knee, meaning stretch the hamstring and that's strenuous.

and what your doctor said about your bent right knee? will this make your process longer? how you could fix it, stretching?

Penguinn

« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2016, 03:07:57 AM »

and what your doctor said about your bent right knee? will this make your process longer? how you could fix it, stretching?

He didn't tell me to stop lengthening, and added these exercises to my routine:
-Glutes contractions while laying on my back
-Laying on my stomach and raising my leg without bending my knee.
-Standing on the walker for 10 minutes while keeping my legs straight.
-Laying down for a couple of hours on my stomach and letting my ankles dangle off the bed.

I completely forgot about the last exercise. :-X I've been doing the others and while my knee is still bent in the relaxed position, extending it is a bit easier now. Also it hasn't gotten worse over the last 1+cm of lengthening, if that counts as progress.

increase

« Reply #396 on: November 28, 2016, 03:33:36 AM »

Penguin I'm following your walk. I hope you can achieve your goals  :). I wanted to ask you a question. Do you intend to do tibia later?

Penguinn

« Reply #397 on: November 28, 2016, 03:51:11 AM »

Penguin I'm following your walk. I hope you can achieve your goals  :). I wanted to ask you a question. Do you intend to do tibia later?

No. If my arms and torso were big enough I would strongly consider it and if I did it'd be in 4 years or so. After 5'5 I'd start to look weird, and more importantly I'm satisfied and can't be arsed with another LL.

Asdfgh

• Visitor
« Reply #398 on: November 28, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »

Thank you so much.. I have been following your posts. All the best penguin.

The Kaiser

« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2016, 02:45:14 AM »

so is the bent temporary or could be permanent?

Iamready

« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2016, 06:58:18 AM »

It's temporary.  I had the same issue on my right leg.  Took a while to fix though. 

Basically my right femur was a few mm shorter than my left at the end of my lengthening, so I took the lengthening machine to California with me- with the doctor's permission- and continued lengthening my right leg.  Since I was at home, I didn't have immediate access to physical therapy and those few days of lengthening took an additional month of physio to sort out my tight muscle.

Penguinn

« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »

Update: 29th November 2016 - 70 days post op- 2.5" gained

Got X-Rays and a check up done at the hospital yesterday. Although I should have gained 6.266cms as of then, the Precice 2 machine(not the X-Rays, the machine itself) showed 6.1cm lengthened. I'll lengthen exactly 1.3cm more before my next visit. Then through a full body X-Ray they can tell exactly how much is lengthened, based on my previous full body X-Ray. At that point I should be around 7.4 or 7.5cms, either is fine. After that I'll have to lengthen 2mm extra in my right leg, because I naturally have a left femur 2mm longer than the right.

As for my knee bending complication, Dr. Parihar saw me stand on the walker and then told me to pull my knee back and keep my leg straight. Since I can do that on my own, he's not too concerned about it. I'll keep my physio routine on and lengthen to my goal. When I told him I was concerned he'd tell me to stop lengthening, he said that would happen if I couldn't do my exercises and found the pain unbearable. That's when you know the muscles' limit has been reached.

X-Rays
Left leg: http://imgur.com/a/QJRYN
Right leg: http://imgur.com/a/HRgn5
Dat gap ;D

Regarding proportions, I will be fine. My femur is definitely long but even I don't find it weird, I doubt anyone will care about my femur to tibia ratio. My wingspan is 5'4, assuming most 5'5 people have a 5'6-5'7 wingspan and I'm 2-3" lacking, each arm will be 1-1.5" shorter than a regular 5'5 person which is fine too.

To those asking whether the 2.5" difference is noticeable- hell yes it is. For some reason my brain hasn't adjusted to the gain completely. Every time I'm on the walker I look at other people to make sure I've gotten taller. Everything seems to have shrunk, lol. I agree with what previous LLers have said though; there's no euphoria or excitement. The lack of resentment will be your reward(and a fine one that is!)

Also to those asking, a second LL is out of the question for me, for the sake of time, effort, proportions and the fact that I'm content. I would've never cared about height anyway if I wasn't so much shorter than everyone else.

A couple weeks after my lengthening is over, I should be moved onto crutches, the exact time depending on how my consolidation goes. Really looking forward to it. I've been on a 8am-4pm-12am clock for lengthening for months, coupled with 3 hours of physio total in a day. I won't lie and say my experience was very painful or miserable but it certainly doesn't compare to normal life where you can get up and do whatever you want.

Penguinn

« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »

so is the bent temporary or could be permanent?
Temporary.

It's temporary.  I had the same issue on my right leg.  Took a while to fix though. 

Basically my right femur was a few mm shorter than my left at the end of my lengthening, so I took the lengthening machine to California with me- with the doctor's permission- and continued lengthening my right leg.  Since I was at home, I didn't have immediate access to physical therapy and those few days of lengthening took an additional month of physio to sort out my tight muscle.
My experience was similar. Between around 30th October and 14th November, my physio was away on vacation so I had to make do with my personal trainer coming twice a day. While it was better than doing it on my own, I guess the leg wasn't exercised how it should have been causing the tightness and the bend.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up