Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I lengthen with a short torso?  (Read 11365 times)

Kraken

• Visitor
Should I lengthen with a short torso?
« on: September 08, 2016, 01:11:58 AM »

I am 5'7" - 5'8" and I have always been insecure about my height -- it's made me quite unconfident and depressed many times as well.

I'd like to be at least 5'10.5" -- but my dream height would be anywhere from 6'0" - 6'2".

Could I get away with LL with these proportions? And if so, how much should I get lengthened on my femur's and/or tibia's? Should I get humerus lengthening as well?

All advice is appreciated.

onemorefoot

Re: Should I lengthen with a short torso?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:09:06 AM »

What is your age and sitting height? Because if your legs are still long, it means your torso has to grow some inches more.
Budget will determine my future.

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »

Sitting Height: 33 inches (that is if sitting height is measured from bum to top of head while sitting)

Nevertheless I'm almost certain I'm done growing. (Shouldn't be able to afford LL until age 21 anyways (I'm just preparing ahead.)) Some people are naturally born with shorter torso's (I.E. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Brandon Carter, etc.).

My father is 6'0" and my mother is 5'4" -- I seem to have unfortunately been left in the middle. I also don't know if my growth plates are closed. But I do know that I haven't grown at all for the past 7 months so that should sober up my hopes of growing any taller naturally.

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:31:54 AM »

The height you gave 5 7.5 is from the morning??? Beacuase if your torso is 83 cm you have to grow at least 4 or 5 cm more, if you check the sitting height of several people here with a similar height, average is 88 cm. At least you are genetically with a short torso

Alu

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 04:32:09 AM »

Best thing to do is to check your growth plates first; considering your family, there might be hope still. Certain people do have lucky continual growing until 21. Who knows really though...

Second, I doubt your SH is that short, if that was the case then I'm set for my LL when I become 5'7-5'8 (mine would be a couple CM larger). Check it again or check your true inseam.

In anycase, best I would recommend is just 5 cm. Would get you to average, and even if you do really have long legs as it is, 5 CM isn't too bad (femurs of course).

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 04:36:53 AM »

Yeah, take your measurements another time, because is a very low SH, and could indicate you are a late bloomer.

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 05:00:37 AM »

I'm 5'8" in the mornings and around 5'7" at night.
It honestly varies -- but I never really grow beyond 5'8". Maybe a few millimeter's but nothing drastic.

And yes my sitting height is only 33 inches (I didn't know it when you asked me that question so I measured it).

I'll measure it again. Keep in mind that this is at night so I should be around 5'7" now... My sitting height is...

34... This time I measured at 34.

So 34 inches at a 5'7" compressed spine.

P.S. I did not sit on my feet while measuring, I sat on my ass. So sorry if the picture was misleading.

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 05:02:53 AM »

Tibia lengthened 10cm:

This looks disproportionate. But it is likely the best that can be done.
But what about this picture makes me look disproportionate? Is it my torso in relation to my modified leg legs, or is it my arms in relation to my modified long legs, or both? Is there any way I could look proportionate? Would splitting the growth between my tibia and my femur make me look any more proportionate?

I want to get LL (and maybe humerus lengthening) but without it looking as if I got LL (aside from the getting taller part).

Alu

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 05:11:02 AM »

Biggest thing would be the arms honestly... so hey, maybe doing Humerus lengthening would be something..

WAIT!! EDIT: You're NOT doing 10 CM on ANY one segment. If you honestly thought doing 10 CM is a good idea, then you haven't done your HW... Considering your proportions I don't even think going over 5 cm is good... Like I said 5 CM would make you average (assuming you're in the US).

blahblah

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 05:18:54 AM »

To me you don't look like you are done growing. You have long limbs and short torso. The torso is the last to grow. As advised I would get xrays on growth plates first, just to get the "what ifs" of if you are still growing out of your head and to have concrete answers. That said forget about humorous lengthening and stick to 5cm on your femurs. I am over 178cm at night and I am really debating if any taller is going to make any difference. I would say 5'8 to 5'10.5" isn't really going to do much either. I think we all (over 5'7") have a distorted mind set of how life is going to change if we were 2-3" taller. There are plenty of tall people with  ty lives.

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 05:39:42 AM »

I'm considering humerus lengthening then. But do you know if it impairs my arm's ability long-term in any way? Can my hand still function just as properly?

And yeah I know that nothing over 5-6cm is ever recommended -- I just chose 10cm on tibia as it still can be done, it's one procedure (one hell of one) and therefore would cost me less money/time, and it would still look proportionate leg-wise. But you're right it is a bad idea.

I'm acquiring the money for LL right now. By age 21 I should have the money for a procedure and if I'm not taller by that time I'll probably undergo the lengthening. Besides if my torso is the last location to grow, and it does grow past age 21, that mean's I'll have the leg lengthening bringing me to a greater height along with the natural growth of my torso. Yet I'm almost certain that I've finished growing. My cousin is the same height as me (even though he is the same age). We're also the same height as our grandfather (another convincing reason we're probably not growing any taller).

Even if there are tall people with crappy lives I am just inherently dissatisfied with myself. I feel as if I have to overcompensate to even be remotely valuable to women. I don't feel adequate, I don't feel good enough, I feel inferior due to my height. And even while I know my problems are entirely psychological I don't think they will ever rid of themselves until I'm taller. It's the largest thing I've been insecure about ever since puberty began.

Alu

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 05:56:03 AM »

Just have to throw yourself out there and see what happens.

Walking around my (extremely) diverse college campus and seeing so many cute and beautiful girls (by my standards, which I will admit are stupidly high, but not supermodel/celeb high though) with guys a couple inches taller than me or even 5'7-5'9 is pretty great. It makes you realize there is far more to life than just what we obsess about here in the forums.

Just remember you're at least at good standing height wise generally. You're pretty much average height around the world as a whole and you're not objectionably short. There are millions of guys at your height who are doing just fine— remember that. It'll take time, but trust me, it becomes easier if you make an effort not to seclude yourself due to your own psychological woes.

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 06:02:30 AM »

I don't think your proportions look that bad. Unless someone has very short arms or a really short torso, I think proportions are overrated anyway at least in that height far outweighs proportions(unless you go crazy with them).

You cannot do 10cms tibia, you'll be crippled. The capped limit should be 6.5cms for tibias and 8cms for femurs. If you REALLY want to get to 6', you can do 3 inches in your femurs and 2 in your tibias.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 06:03:09 AM »

As the words of my Doctor and Surgeon Dr. Mangal Parihar would say: "6 cm is safe...7 centimeters is not safe." Parihar believes that as soon you hit the 6 cm mark it starts to get really painful for everybody and he believes the pain is the warning of the body telling you to stop. So obviously if you keep pushing up to 7 cm you may have problems.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »

Not trying to advertise but I've read stories by a few people on old forum who have allegedly gotten around 20cm in LL in total.

Apothesis I think his name was...

I recognize that the more you lengthen, the more likely you will experience damage and/or pain, but how are you all so certain that 5-6cm is the cutting-factor range for what people are capable of sustaining pain-wise, healing-wise, lengthening-wise? Are the incidences in which other's have successfully and healthily lengthened 10+cm outlandish circumstances or is the community here a bit more timid and cautious in their approach to lengthening?

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 06:46:12 AM »

Not trying to advertise but I've read stories by a few people on old forum  who have allegedly gotten around 20cm in LL in total.
The guy was a money hungry sociopath who scammed his forum members into going to bad doctors and getting serious complications, so I'd take his experience with a grain of salt. Even if he did do 20cms and get away unscathed, that is an exception.

I recognize that the more you lengthen, the more likely you will experience damage and/or pain, but how are you all so certain that 5-6cm is the cutting-factor range for what people are capable of sustaining pain-wise, healing-wise, lengthening-wise? Are the incidences in which other's have successfully and healthily lengthened 10+cm outlandish circumstances or is the community here a bit more timid and cautious in their approach to lengthening?
Based on experiences and reputable doctor's words(again based on experiences)
If you want to be REALLY safe, it's 5cm on tibias and 6 on femurs.
If you want to be safe but get your money's worth, it's 6 to 6.5 on tibias and 8 on femurs.

The benefits of that extra cm or so do not compare to the risks. It is your choice after all. Read up on diaries and more importantly when you pick a doctor, make sure he's good and then listen to him.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 06:55:27 AM »

Muscles have an elastic limit and are like a rubber band up to a point, and once you stretch beyond that point they lose their elasticity and become more like a rope. That's probably the reason Dr Parihar and Dr Lee say that people who go beyond 6 cm have some degree of permanent damage.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

33 inches of sitting height? Are you sure? Were you sitting perfectly straight?
To compare, i'm 5'5(166cm) and i have 91cm of sitting height.
You arms look a bit short, can you measure your arm length? From tip of your middle finger.

I don't think you will grow anymore, there is a chance but it happens really rarely and if someone managed to it's an inch at absolute best.

Not trying to advertise but I've read stories by a few people on old forum who have allegedly gotten around 20cm in LL in total.

Apo should be hanged by the balls for lies and people that got fked thanks to him.

There is no way you can lengthen 10cm on one segment and maintain and decent mechanical functions. There is a good chance you will finish up on a wheelchair.
I agree with 5cm for tibias and 6cm for femurs, it's better to have a bit smaller gain but maintain most of your athletic abilities and recovery quicker so you can enjoy your life as fast and as much as you can.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:14:29 PM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »

Hmm, apothesis seemed like a nice guy from what I read of him. Didn't know he did all that. I'll stop the conversation about him there. But now I'm considering 5-6cm of external lengthening on both my femur's and tibia's then (depends on how I feel after one procedure). I've heard of there being of around a $5k-$15k external lengthening procedure done somewhere in Russia; does anyone here know of that, or does that exist?

I'm not sure if you guys can see the pictures I uploaded but it does display that my torso is reasonably shorter than my legs. Unfortunately, I must admit it to be true -- I am 33-34 inches of sitting height at night when my spine is compressed and I'm 5'7".
And moreover, I haven't even gotten leg lengthening before... I just naturally look like that...

I also measured my arm length (my right arm measured from top of shoulder to tip of middle finger (I'm not very good at being accurate in my measurements as I'm measuring myself)) and it showed up to be approximately 31 inches.

So these are my statistics:
Height: 67in. - 68in.
Sitting Height: 33in. - 34in.
Right Arm Length: 31in.
Wingspan: 70in.

I guess I'm just built weird.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »

External femur lengthening is a total nightmare, absolutely not worth it for cosmetic procedure. If you want externals you should go for tibias.

Yes lengthening in russia exist but is it recommended? Totally not. There are problems with visa and a lot of people got screwed there so if you want cheap externals go to India.
There are few pretty good doctors like Parihar and we have even a diary with him(Kilokahn to be precise, he did external tibias).

But yeah your built is weird. You have just 1 inch longer arm than i do and 1 inch longer wingspan but on the pictures it doesn't look like it(i don't know why doe lol).

And moreover, I haven't even gotten leg lengthening before... I just naturally look like that...

People are built different it's perfectly normal. There was a guy here recently that was like 6'1(?) and had 93,5cm of sitting height(2,5cm more than i have and 19cm taller than me overall wtf).

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 03:23:44 PM »

Do you know the maximum I can lengthen (or if I can lengthen at all) with my currently given proportions? And could I lengthen more with humerus lengthening?

I mean I could just wear my pants below my ass and act as if that was my torso and then I could get humerus lengthening and I'd look normal but with a hump on what would suppose to be the bottom of my back.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 03:32:55 PM »

I don't know, it's your choice. You need to be satisfied from results.

The only thing i can tell you... if you have problems with your looks don't exchange height for the price of your overall aesthetics. You don't want to waste tons of money and still be depressed right?

And look, i'm the same age as you and i heavily struggle with depression and my own self esteem. I'm shorter than you and i'm living in one of the tallest countries in the world and i know how it feels when you are shorter than your every colleague/friend etc.

But think about LL as a last resort.

If you feel depressed visit a shrink and just talk, it won't hurt you if you try.

Good luck.

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »

I'm not a fan of psychiatrist's -- I honestly think that having someone listen to your problems may alleviate some stress, but it still does not solve the problem.

I just measured my inseam at 31 inches (Ground to crotch)

So my new statistics are:
Height: 67in. - 68in.
Sitting Height: 33in. - 34in.
Inseam: 31in.
Right Arm Length: 31in.
Wingspan: 70in.

I also found a post in this website which claims that an average leg has an inseam that represents 45% of the height.

You calculate your inseam's percentage by:

inseam (cm)
___________ x 100
height (cm)

Mine turn's out to be 45.58% at 5'8" (mornings) -- and if I lengthened 10cm my percentage would be 48.61% at 6'0" (mornings). By night my proportions would be even further from the norm of 45%.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=723.0

Do you guys have any method's in which you can make your torso look longer while clothed?

Alu

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 05:00:51 PM »

Huh... something doesn't seem to right about the correlation between Inseam and SH... eh...

Last thing, you're not lengthening more than 10 on any given segment, so unless you're planning on doing both (and therefore more time and money), stop saying 10 CM.

Just don't tuck in your shirt if you don't have too...

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »

Yeah I noticed that inconsistency. Was I supposed to be literally sitting down while I measured my sitting height (as I was sitting down when I did it)? I also have measured myself at different times of the day doing this. I also was doing it myself with measuring tape instead of a yard-stick, so that may have something to contribute to the discrepancy between my current height and my proportion's heights.

Sorry for the confusion -- I'm no longer attempting to say that I'm going to get 10cm in one procedure, only that  the ultimate goal is to lengthen 10cm.

Alu

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

Find a hard chair, that's leveled evenly. Measure from the top of your head to the chair... then again, you certainly do look like you have a short torso.. so I'm much more interested in whether you inseam was correctly measured..

TIBIKE200

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 05:20:41 PM »

Find a hard chair, that's leveled evenly. Measure from the top of your head to the chair... then again, you certainly do look like you have a short torso.. so I'm much more interested in whether you inseam was correctly measured..

His inseam could be right... Mine is 27-28 at 5'7 and I am one with a long torso. So if he is a 5'7 short torso he could have 31 inseam
I learned some stuff during this time

TIBIKE200

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2016, 05:24:37 PM »

btw OP, you have a  ty posture. In your sitting pic you have one hell of scoliosis because your head is tilted forward by a considerable amount(I am sure you dont have one but you should correct your posture). Your torso is surely longer and your arms a little bit highier... I can bet that if you will correct your posture you could gain between 1-2 inches. Go to a physiotherapist or even yoga class or whatever and correct it...
I learned some stuff during this time

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »

I don't believe I have scoliosis -- however I do have terrible posture (due primarily to the over-use of a computer). Though in the pictures I uploaded I am standing as erect as possible and doubt the placement of my shoulder's has anything to do with my height or arm length. And if it had anything to do with it the effect would likely be a nominal centimeter or less.

onemorefoot

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »

Ask for help to another person to take a measure of your SH, if you are doing it by yourself maybe you are not correct, becuase you put a mark where you considere is your upper level, but that is difficult without help.

Bander72

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 08:00:55 AM »

And if you go to the thread old forum vs new forum you'll see why you should not lengthen that much.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up