Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Did a mockup. 8CM Femur and 6CM tibia. Is this realistic? Seems too good.  (Read 12247 times)

BiggestProblem

Original is 164/165cm. Other one should be 178.5 (I only stretched the actual part that would be affected, arms left original state)
It's 8cm Femur and 6cm tibia. I feel very anxious about my height and I have been for a very long while and being this height would solve every problem in my life (except for the fatness hehe but that's something I don't mind)
What do you guys think? Could I accomplish this? How should I do it? "Cheapest way" while still being safe? Ty in advance.
http://imgur.com/a/cBzWK
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Alu

Ah nice mock ups you've made (speaking specifically about the quality they've been made). Wondering if you could help me in the near future.

Anyways, yeah that seems doable segment wise. 8 CM is my personal max for femurs; and 6 for tibia. I won't ever go anything over 5 on either though, but that's just me.

Anyways, besides the massive (and I do mean massive) hit your proportions would take, it's a goal that can in theory be accomplished. I firmly believe 10 CM+ is too much though, and in your case, just doing 10 CM would put you at average, so consider that.

As for the cost, there is no easy way to do it. In your case do femurs first and see how that goes, then decide whether you would go for tibia. And when it comes to femurs I would only ever recommend internal, which is an expensive method already... at that I would only recommend Paley and Guichet.

Penguinn

Your legs look too long with that much lengthening. Also your tibia looks really long even in the original picture, if the picture isn't misclicked somehow and your tibia is really long, I'd definitely say do femurs for 8cm. Internal femurs are very expensive.

In theory, 8+6 could work because that's the safety cap for both segments.

BiggestProblem

Your legs look too long with that much lengthening. Also your tibia looks really long even in the original picture, if the picture isn't misclicked somehow and your tibia is really long, I'd definitely say do femurs for 8cm. Internal femurs are very expensive.

In theory, 8+6 could work because that's the safety cap for both segments.
I'm thinking about contacting Parihar because I can afford him I think. Do you know his price for 7cm or so femur?

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

BiggestProblem

Ah nice mock ups you've made (speaking specifically about the quality they've been made). Wondering if you could help me in the near future.

Anyways, yeah that seems doable segment wise. 8 CM is my personal max for femurs; and 6 for tibia. I won't ever go anything over 5 on either though, but that's just me.

Anyways, besides the massive (and I do mean massive) hit your proportions would take, it's a goal that can in theory be accomplished. I firmly believe 10 CM+ is too much though, and in your case, just doing 10 CM would put you at average, so consider that.

As for the cost, there is no easy way to do it. In your case do femurs first and see how that goes, then decide whether you would go for tibia. And when it comes to femurs I would only ever recommend internal, which is an expensive method already... at that I would only recommend Paley and Guichet.

Yeah it looks kind of overkill. I am 14-15cm shorter than avg in my country (Sweden) though. So that's really unfortunate for me...
Why not external femurs? Is it risky?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Yeah it looks kind of overkill. I am 14-15cm shorter than avg in my country (Sweden) though. So that's really unfortunate for me...

I know what you mean, im in similar situation. Living in a tall european country and even after 10cm i can be downside average.

Why not external femurs? Is it risky?

Because it's painful af.

Penguinn

I'm thinking about contacting Parihar because I can afford him I think. Do you know his price for 7cm or so femur?

For femurs, you'd have to use an internal nail like Precice 2. With taxes and everything it's cost approx $45K+, but I think that includes the deposit we get back on returning the Precice lengthening equipment. If you're not from Mumbai, you'll have to pay for travel and stay too.

Maybe take more pictures in case that one makes your tibias look a bit long by accident. Tibias wouldn't be nearly as expensive.

BiggestProblem

For femurs, you'd have to use an internal nail like Precice 2. With taxes and everything it's cost approx $45K+, but I think that includes the deposit we get back on returning the Precice lengthening equipment. If you're not from Mumbai, you'll have to pay for travel and stay too.

Maybe take more pictures in case that one makes your tibias look a bit long by accident. Tibias wouldn't be nearly as expensive.
I tried measuring it was quite hard but I think both tibia and femur are 30cm.
Also, I think my armspan is 170cm.

onemorefoot

That is impossible, femurs are the longest bones in the body.
Budget will determine my future.

BiggestProblem

Yeah it's not accurate at all it's hard to measure bone length on my own.

onemorefoot

Re: Did a mockup. 8CM Femur and 6CM tibia. Is this realistic? Seems too good.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 06:34:54 PM »

X-rays is your option, if you are now 165, my advice would be to do both segments, 6 in each one, dont past that, because +15 even +10 is quite a lot.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »

X-rays is your option, if you are now 165, my advice would be to do both segments, 6 in each one, dont past that, because +15 even +10 is quite a lot.
I am thinking about Parihar's tibia 6cm.

onemorefoot

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 09:05:22 PM »

Yeah, I have been following the diary of Penguinn and femurs are too expensive, you have to consider possible complications, 6 with LON is a lot more affordable. Maybe I will do femurs, because my budget doesnt allow me such cost in the near future. Parihar is a very good option for tibias.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 09:06:49 PM »

@Alu ironic about the quality?
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Alu

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 03:26:20 AM »

As in how good the presentation is, the actual product to me isn't the best though...

BiggestProblem

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 03:34:55 AM »

External tibia seems like the best option. Maybe femurs when Im older with unlimited budget :)

Sweden

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 06:59:29 PM »

OMG!! No, you don't look good in the mockup. Don't pass 5cm on tibias. If you decide to do both then don't pass 10-11cm. You will look like a freak!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

gokharol

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 07:10:11 PM »

OMG!! No, you don't look good in the mockup. Don't pass 5cm on tibias. If you decide to do both then don't pass 10-11cm. You will look like a freak!
Better tall in first place!
 I say 5cm external tibia and 6 cm internal femur.

PS.: How in the world did he do this mock-up?!

BiggestProblem

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 07:12:39 PM »

Yeah the mockup was just the extreme. Nothing realistic at all and way too weird.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »

Better tall in first place!
 I say 5cm external tibia and 6 cm internal femur.

PS.: How in the world did he do this mock-up?!
I think I will contact Parihar and try to do 5-6cm on tibia. Then femur maybe when I get older. Just 6cm taller would make life a lot better.

onemorefoot

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »

The problem with external fixators about I am concerned is pin site care, was it easy or really hard?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 07:55:28 PM »

Hard? No. Annoying? Probably.

onemorefoot

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 08:08:25 PM »

If I do tibias I will pay a doctor for doing it, is that possible?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 08:13:45 PM »

If you mean cleaning it then no, patients usually clean pin sites by themselves.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 08:32:53 PM »

Nurses can clean them too
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 08:36:12 PM »

I think the mock up quality is very bad  :-\

onemorefoot

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »

Nurses are awesome!!!!

BiggestProblem

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 08:52:27 PM »

Bad lightning and bad camera.

The Kaiser

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 04:11:46 AM »

Trust me 178 is more than enough, don't listen to this garbage average height. Sweden's average is not 181 at all, they're tall ok but 181 is not the average. people always lie when it comes to height

BiggestProblem

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 02:06:11 PM »

Trust me 178 is more than enough, don't listen to this garbage average height. Sweden's average is not 181 at all, they're tall ok but 181 is not the average. people always lie when it comes to height
Age 25-34 is 181.3 and that's from measurement not from people just reporting it themselves. Trust me. My school class is like 25 people and atleast 5-6 of the guys are over 190. Only 2 below 170 (me and one other).

The Kaiser

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 03:18:25 PM »

Age 25-34 is 181.3 and that's from measurement not from people just reporting it themselves. Trust me. My school class is like 25 people and atleast 5-6 of the guys are over 190. Only 2 below 170 (me and one other).

but the majority maybe around 178? the only thing the average is 181 is because the really tall one 195 cm push the percentage up. but the most are 177-179 range
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up