Don't know, leaning to yes
- 5 (22.7%)
Don't know, leaning to no
- 1 (4.5%)
No
- 4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think about hair replacement?  (Read 4458 times)

BiggestProblem

What do you think about hair replacement?
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »

I suffer from short stature along with a receding hairline. Do many of you do the same?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Bander72

Re: What do you think about hair replacement?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »

I just recently did my second one. If you still have some hair left then do it because the hair will keep falling out. And ask your doctor for finasteride its a generic brand of propecia that cost  21$ for 3 months supply.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

BiggestProblem

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:37 AM »

I have tons on the back and on the sides, I basically have the McDonalds M on my forehead

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Bander72

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 12:12:02 PM »

Then get on it soon the longer you wait the less impactful the surgery will be and you will probably need 2 surgerys so you could get 5000-6000 grafts implanted.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 02:08:02 PM by bander72 »

BiggestProblem

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »

Then get on it soon the longer you wait the less impactful the surgery will be and you will probably need 2 surgerys so you could get 5000-6000 grafts implanted.
Got any tips on where and how etc?

Bander72

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »

It all depends on where you live. The difference between this and CLL is that there is far more options to pick. Dont go to bosley they did a crap job and were expensive for the amount they put on me. Just google hair transplant and doctors near you will pop up. Research their reviews and schedule a appointment with them.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »

Can it bring back to where there is 0 left or just to where it's very thin?

Koi

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 08:14:27 PM »

No idea about this subject, but I'd say you should do it asap. May I ask you what's your age?

MoveUp

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 01:02:24 PM »

There are several ways besides propecia and transplant to stop hair loss and regrow hair. These items/techniques have shown mild to strong ability to help with hair loss:

-Finasteride (the big three) FDA approved
-MinoxidIL (the big three) FDA approved
-Ketoconazole shampoo  (the big three)
-Laser comb FDA approved
-Dermaroller
-Pumpkin seed oil
-Beta sitosterol and saw palmetto
-Stinging nettle
-RU50441
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

Sweden

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 01:54:40 PM »

Go with Asmed Clinic in turkey. I did it last summer and he is truly the greatest. It was my 2nd transplant.

Just right after I arrived they blew up the airport. So it's a risk you take.
Islamic terrorism at its best.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

The Kaiser

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 03:02:58 PM »

Go with Asmed Clinic in turkey. I did it last summer and he is truly the greatest. It was my 2nd transplant.

Just right after I arrived they blew up the airport. So it's a risk you take.
Islamic terrorism at its best.

Listen do not attack any religion, enough you lied that Qatar is unsafe lol.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 07:47:11 PM »

It seems to me that he is a lower-income Swede who does not like the refugees in his country add to this his feelings of being short and his awful recovery, he definitely does sound like that very frustrated type who would not like Islam. Not that I'm trying to justify it, but at least give people an idea of where his sentiments stem from, to easen the blow perhaps.

As for the OP, go for it. If you can afford a good hair transplant I don't see anything wrong with getting it done if it makes you feel better about yourself. I can't imagine how losing your hair must feel, and it's fantastic that science has reached a point where that can be somewhat reversed.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 07:54:01 PM »

It seems to me that he is a lower-income Swede who does not like the refugees in his country add to this his feelings of being short and his awful recovery, he definitely does sound like that very frustrated type who would not like Islam. Not that I'm trying to justify it, but at least give people an idea of where his sentiments stem from, to easen the blow perhaps.

As for the OP, go for it. If you can afford a good hair transplant I don't see anything wrong with getting it done if it makes you feel better about yourself. I can't imagine how losing your hair must feel, and it's fantastic that science has reached a point where that can be somewhat reversed.

What's the problem with both of you? Sweden didn't say anything bad.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »

If you're willing to break your legs to become taller, why not have a hair transplant as well?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »

If you're willing to break your legs to become taller, why not have a hair transplant as well?

Hmmm, because i don't feel like doing it?

I can't speak for other but seeing my elders i won't really need it for good 40 years.

MoveUp

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 08:27:00 PM »

I feel this is my moral obligation to make this post and it will likely be my last on this forum.....

I posted on this thread about ways to treat hair loss (I'm sure many people worry about this as well as height)

I used natural methods to treat hairloss such as the ones I mentioned in this thread.

Saw Palmetto had given me permanent side effects that are a hell worse than anything conceivable. I would love to go back in time and hug my old self who was concerned about height.

Please never take this or Propecia or saw palmetto or at least look at the propeciahelp forum if you are considering doing so.

If this saves at least one life, I have done my duty.

All the best....
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

Johnson1111

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 10:01:44 PM »

I don't see balding as a problem especially if you look good bald (Which alot of guys do) Not me being one of them though lol. Although i'm not balding.

But I could definitely see that if I was pretty badly to consider it.

Android

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 11:02:18 PM »

MoveUp, sorry to hear that your experience has been negative. I've been taking finasteride without issue for many years. I still recommend a hair transplant since it's better than taking pills for the rest of your life, it's a relief to not have to obsess about hair.

Johnson, some take it well, some don't (that's why Reddit has two communities, one for embracing and another for hair loss cure/transplant info). Either way it's not pleasant if you like your hair, and I didn't want to be short and bald. Perhaps you'll luck out, but it became noticeable around 19 for me. Made me feel older than my real age, and shaving it down wasn't a great option since it's still stigmatized in my hometown.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 11:52:23 PM »

I lucked out on the genetic lotto of hair at least, lol.

It feels good to know there are so many emerging treatments and options for it. I really do like having hair.

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »

MoveUp, sorry to hear that your experience has been negative. I've been taking finasteride without issue for many years. I still recommend a hair transplant since it's better than taking pills for the rest of your life, it's a relief to not have to obsess about hair.

Johnson, some take it well, some don't (that's why Reddit has two communities, one for embracing and another for hair loss cure/transplant info). Either way it's not pleasant if you like your hair, and I didn't want to be short and bald. Perhaps you'll luck out, but it became noticeable around 19 for me. Made me feel older than my real age, and shaving it down wasn't a great option since it's still stigmatized in my hometown.

Sorry, I almost literally know nothing about this subject.

Do you still have to take finasteride after the hair transplant?

EDIT: Do you also know anything about that supposed "cure" that was developed in South Korea?

I feel this is my moral obligation to make this post and it will likely be my last on this forum.....

I posted on this thread about ways to treat hair loss (I'm sure many people worry about this as well as height)

I used natural methods to treat hairloss such as the ones I mentioned in this thread.

Saw Palmetto had given me permanent side effects that are a hell worse than anything conceivable. I would love to go back in time and hug my old self who was concerned about height.

Please never take this or Propecia or saw palmetto or at least look at the propeciahelp forum if you are considering doing so.

If this saves at least one life, I have done my duty.

All the best....

If you haven't fully moved on from here: what went wrong, what were the causes, and what are the permanent side-effects you have mentioned?

Android

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 08:19:46 PM »

Do you still have to take finasteride after the hair transplant?

My transplanted hairs along my new hairline (aka recipient area) are permanent and are resistant to falling out, just like the hairs from the sides and back of head (aka donor area).

However, I still have hair loss behind the hairline and also the crown. I'm a Norwood IV though not "complete," as in I don't look like the illustration. I'm heading towards it though!

The finasteride is to slow down my natural existing hairs from falling out. The plan is for another transplant in the thinning areas so that I can stop taking the pills. Some patients with progressing hair loss take it for life since it's cheaper to maintain compared to another session or because they've run out of donor hairs.

EDIT: Do you also know anything about that supposed "cure" that was developed in South Korea?

Maybe you mean this, not much is known aside from the fact that it's PRP with some tweaks. Looks good, they claim it's permanent, but there's not enough info to pull the trigger. You also need to be local for 2-4 months, since you need three injections 3-6 weeks apart.

There's always a cure right around the corner, the joke is that it's always 3-5 years away. The US hair loss industry earned $3.6 billion in 2016, so the race for a cure is very competitive, but it also opens the gates for a ton of charlatans preying on desperate people (much like pills that promise height increase for adults).
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »

My transplanted hairs along my new hairline (aka recipient area) are permanent and are resistant to falling out, just like the hairs from the sides and back of head (aka donor area).

However, I still have hair loss behind the hairline and also the crown. I'm a Norwood IV though not "complete," as in I don't look like the illustration. I'm heading towards it though!

The finasteride is to slow down my natural existing hairs from falling out. The plan is for another transplant in the thinning areas so that I can stop taking the pills. Some patients with progressing hair loss take it for life since it's cheaper to maintain compared to another session or because they've run out of donor hairs.

Maybe you mean this, not much is known aside from the fact that it's PRP with some tweaks. Looks good, they claim it's permanent, but there's not enough info to pull the trigger. You also need to be local for 2-4 months, since you need three injections 3-6 weeks apart.

There's always a cure right around the corner, the joke is that it's always 3-5 years away. The US hair loss industry earned $3.6 billion in 2016, so the race for a cure is very competitive, but it also opens the gates for a ton of charlatans preying on desperate people (much like pills that promise height increase for adults).

Thanks for all the info.

The side effects of finasteride seem terrible, though, so I can see how you want to stop taking it. Is there no other good option to prevent hair loss besides an antiandrogen like finasteride?

Android

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2018, 01:08:40 AM »

The side effects of finasteride seem terrible, though, so I can see how you want to stop taking it. Is there no other good option to prevent hair loss besides an antiandrogen like finasteride?

Finasteride is the best option for now, along with dutasteride (similar drug), if a person is just noticing thinning. There's PRP, but I'm not sure how well it works even though I did it. Minoxidil, generic Rogaine, is a messy ritual and I really didn't like it (twice daily, oily, smelly).

The problem with prevention and maintenance medicine is that it's hard to tell if it's working until you stop doing it! Any improvement will be wiped out once you stop as well.

I don't like the uncertainty, chore of maintenance, and the potential for side effects either, so that's why I advocate hair transplants until a real cure is readily available. Trying everything above adds up over time, especially if you use pricier shampoo that promotes hair growth too.

Anyone considering shaving should try it, since it might turn out to be a pleasant surprise. You could even combine that with micropigmentation if you want to make it look like shaving down was a choice, not because you're balding. There's really a solution to everything, isn't there?
Pages: [1]   Go Up