Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening your limbs is a lie!!!  (Read 11442 times)

doobiepoo

• Visitor
Lengthening your limbs is a lie!!!
« on: November 19, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »

So ive been reading these forums obsessively since i discovered it a week back. I thought "this is badass! you mean i can just throw money at my height problem now?!" Done deal. And i been obsessing over what limb to lengthen and how much and doing mockups and i realized, when trying to figure out at which point my proportions started looking weird (especially in shoes).....that we always look weird.

Why?

Cuz we all kinda look like we're wearing lifts. When a man wears lifts I'm sorry, its obvious. A man looks like he's standing on something, doesn't look any less pint-sized. Has anyone else come to the depressing realization that this surgery is basically 100 000 dollar lifts being surgically added to your legs? It does nothing for the fact that we are all unfortunately small men with small frames.

I came to this conclusion while trying to figure out why i looked great with a modest 5cm increase, but suddenly looked like i was walking on stilts when i put my nike shox on. 

TIBIKE200

Re: Lengthening your limbs is a lie!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »

Because you are overly concerned about proportions maybe?

Also, did you add the shoes to a mock up of lengthened tibias? Because if you intend on wearing "lift" shoes (even boots or air max), lengthening your tibias might not be the best option (but than again, why would you want to wear lifts after LL unless you are like 160-165 in the west).

People putting on lifts is obvious? Since when exactly? Do you think anyone gives a   about proportions outside of this forum? Did you think about those before lurking here and thinking about LL? Did you look at yourself in the mirror with lifts or whatever thinking "mmm my legs sure appear long with those on"? I bet you havent spent a single second of these kind of thoughts.

I learned some stuff during this time

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »

Proportions are a massive grey area. Moreover, once your leg lengthens and gains muscle mass, things tend to blend in. If there were hard and fast written rules that males of xxx height have yyy sitting height and zzz leg height, with no exceptions, then it'd be weird.

doesn't look any less pint-sized
Only if you compare a 5'4 person wearing lifts to a 6 footer.

rock112

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 02:06:50 PM »

This is really... not accurate at all. The height is distributed to either upper or lower legs.. it looks very different from it being fully distributed to your feet.

Also, 99.9% of people pay no attention to proportions and I have seen on here people being fooleed by tall lanky people who "did LL." And look "severely out of proportion" as well as in real life I've seen many people like that. There was a statistic going around somewhere that a 5'8 'an and a 5'2 man only have something like a 4%!difference in torso length or something insane like that. So it is very possible to be a leggy-person.

Some people even look better than before because they just had short legs.

Of course, then the issue becomes frame. You're still not going to be as "big" as someone naturally your height but at least you can workout to get more wide (can't to get more tall). And even without working out, I have seen some very very shocking photos of how good people can look. Iamready in particular did 10+cm and next to his 5'10 friend he looked incredible.

It sounds to me like you just realized you can't afford this and now you're trying to go for dat cope. Even though plenty of people here have already experienced significant and very real QOL improvements and ease of mind from having gone through this surgery. I think the only "lie" about it is the one you're telling yourself buddy.

KrP1

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 03:05:37 PM »

KrP1

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 03:05:58 PM »

it depends on each person. Everybody that knows me before my surgery told me that i look much better now.

Iamready

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 06:31:44 PM »

Doobiepoo, Did you lengthen your Tibias or femurs? 

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 06:33:32 PM »

Because you are overly concerned about proportions maybe?

Also, did you add the shoes to a mock up of lengthened tibias? Because if you intend on wearing "lift" shoes (even boots or air max), lengthening your tibias might not be the best option (but than again, why would you want to wear lifts after LL unless you are like 160-165 in the west).

People putting on lifts is obvious? Since when exactly? Do you think anyone gives a crap about proportions outside of this forum? Did you think about those before lurking here and thinking about LL? Did you look at yourself in the mirror with lifts or whatever thinking "mmm my legs sure appear long with those on"? I bet you havent spent a single second of these kind of thoughts.

iunno man when i look at pictures of short celebrities wearing lifts next to people who are naturally taller, the top of their heads line up but everything else looks wrong. they look okay alone but as son as they stand next to someone you can tell. look at pics of tom cruise wearing lifts next to katie holmes. or pics of simon cowell, even in his lifts he looks like a tiny man. i tried to include pics for reference but iunno how yet.

your other point about me scrutinizing too much is valid, cuz you're right i never paid attention to proportions (as much) as i do now. but its one of those things people notice but can't quite put their finger on, its not an invisible problem. women seem to pick up on it more easily, being obsessed with minutia as they tend to be. and lastly yeah, i did look at photos and videos of myself walking around in lifts and thats what made me realize i don't look tall, i look like I'm standing on something lol

Iamready

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 06:43:29 PM »

I respect your concerns. If you are sensitive to the little differences to your proportions while wearing lifts then limb lengthening is not for you.
iunno man when i look at pictures of short celebrities wearing lifts next to people who are naturally taller, the top of their heads line up but everything else looks wrong. they look okay alone but as son as they stand next to someone you can tell. look at pics of tom cruise wearing lifts next to katie holmes. or pics of simon cowell, even in his lifts he looks like a tiny man. i tried to include pics for reference but iunno how yet.

your other point about me scrutinizing too much is valid, cuz you're right i never paid attention to proportions (as much) as i do now. but its one of those things people notice but can't quite put their finger on, its not an invisible problem. women seem to pick up on it more easily, being obsessed with minutia as they tend to be. and lastly yeah, i did look at photos and videos of myself walking around in lifts and thats what made me realize i don't look tall, i look like I'm standing on something lol

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 06:45:29 PM »

This is really... not accurate at all. The height is distributed to either upper or lower legs.. it looks very different from it being fully distributed to your feet.

Also, 99.9% of people pay no attention to proportions and I have seen on here people being fooleed by tall lanky people who "did LL." And look "severely out of proportion" as well as in real life I've seen many people like that. There was a statistic going around somewhere that a 5'8 'an and a 5'2 man only have something like a 4%!difference in torso length or something insane like that. So it is very possible to be a leggy-person.

Some people even look better than before because they just had short legs.

Of course, then the issue becomes frame. You're still not going to be as "big" as someone naturally your height but at least you can workout to get more wide (can't to get more tall). And even without working out, I have seen some very very shocking photos of how good people can look. Iamready in particular did 10+cm and next to his 5'10 friend he looked incredible.

It sounds to me like you just realized you can't afford this and now you're trying to go for dat cope. Even though plenty of people here have already experienced significant and very real QOL improvements and ease of mind from having gone through this surgery. I think the only "lie" about it is the one you're telling yourself buddy.

your right a man with short legs for his body will look better after surgery - which means this surgery in the end only really fixes the problem it was originally designed to do - fix limb deformities. guys with normal proportions or worse, those who are long legged  already end up looking like they're wearing platform shoes. 

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »

Doobiepoo, Did you lengthen your Tibias or femurs?

i haven't done either i wanted to do 5cm in tibias, cuz it looks better in my opinion, but as son as i put shoes on that add +-4cm my long leggedness crosses the border from aesthetic to odd. someone above mentioned you got great results, I'm gonna try and see if i can find a photo....i want to believe its possible! i wanna be happy, not short =(

Iamready

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »

As someone who did both segments I recommend the femurs for you because doing just the Tibias will make you more sensitive to the "lift appearance."

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »

i haven't done either i wanted to do 5cm in tibias, cuz it looks better in my opinion, but as son as i put shoes on that add +-4cm my long leggedness crosses the border from aesthetic to odd. someone above mentioned you got great results, I'm gonna try and see if i can find a photo....i want to believe its possible! i wanna be happy, not short =(

Of course it did. You lengthened your tibias by 5cm. If you add a 4cm shoe to it (let's say that this shoe is a 2cm lift because most shoes add between 1-2cm) you end up adding 7cm which are equal to 9cm of lengthening on your femurs (in order to preserve natural femur to tibias ratio) and also a lengthening of 4-6cm of your torso which all together put you at 20-22cm of gain. If you start 165 and add 5cm to your tibs you end up with the tibs of somoene who is like 180-185 so of course you will look disproportionate.. Add to that the lifts and you look like someone with tibs of a guy who is supposed to be 190 almost.

It's because of the knee height.

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »

Of course it did. You lengthened your tibias by 5cm. If you add a 4cm shoe to it (let's say that this shoe is a 2cm lift because most shoes add between 1-2cm) you end up adding 7cm which are equal to 9cm of lengthening on your femurs (in order to preserve natural femur to tibias ratio) and also a lengthening of 4-6cm of your torso which all together put you at 20-22cm of gain. If you start 165 and add 5cm to your tibs you end up with the tibs of somoene who is like 180-185 so of course you will look disproportionate.. Add to that the lifts and you look like someone with tibs of a guy who is supposed to be 190 almost.

It's because of the knee height.

I've reread your post over and over but i lose you when u say "lengthening torso by 4-6cm".......i can see how 5cm tibs+ 4cm lifts can = 9cm disproportionality, the rest i didn't fully comprehend.

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 07:53:44 PM »

also iamready you took down the pics of you standing to 5'10 guy in your diary. would've been helpful as people seem to remember it as a successful  outcome of LL.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 07:58:44 PM »

I've reread your post over and over but i lose you when u say "lengthening torso by 4-6cm".......i can see how 5cm tibs+ 4cm lifts can = 9cm disproportionality, the rest i didn't fully comprehend.

I meant to say that a proportioned guy with tibs 9cm longer than yours will also have much longer femurs and longer torso (torso not so much as most height of most tall people is in the legs and not the torso).

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 08:01:11 PM »

Fk me not ANOTHER fkn thread on proportions! Anyone here obsessing over proportions your height isn't your problem it's your heads! Go to the doctor and speak to a therapist and save your money.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »

Sick people talking about proportions on a forum dedicated to cosmetic surgery, what are these people thinking?

onemorefoot

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  ;D ::). It is just incredible, I know what you mean but is completely out of reality what you think, we ourselves are the worst enemies. Nobody in the street will think " oh the knee height of that guy should be two standar below, his torso is in the 50 percentile" (is just in your head) is called paranoia. Most of the people dont even know that this surgery exists, they just see if you are short, tall, medium, handsome, etc. They dont care why.
Budget will determine my future.

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 08:22:11 PM »

Fk me not ANOTHER fkn thread on proportions! Anyone here obsessing over proportions your height isn't your problem it's your heads! Go to the doctor and speak to a therapist and save your money.

chill brother i know theres lots of talk on the subject(i mustve read hundreds and hundreds of posts, i get it)....its cuz it matters. for example, i wouldn't wanna be 6'2 if i had the body of Shrek. 

what i thought was interesting was when i realized some guys look like they're blatantly wearing platform shoes (long legs with funny shoes and long boot cut jeans with stubby everything-else) and i thought........damn, isn't lengthening your tibia just surgically implanting platforms? thats kinda depressing after i got al excited that i could go from 5'6 to a respectable 5'9. might work except when i wear my shoes and go from new 5'9 to 5'11 now i start looking funny.

maybe wearing flat shoes is the only way to go after surgery

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 08:37:58 PM »

The amount needed to look abnormally disproportionate is in excess of what most people can lengthen. Ive seen tall people with short legs, short people with long legs, short guys with long arms tall guys with short arms, short guys as wide as door frames tall guys with the muscle development of 10 year old girls. No one notices this cr@p unless you are looking for it. No people in the street look at people and go 'oh his tibias are 52% of his overall leg length he's out of proportion! I wonder what his sitting height is?' No one except the body neurotics on here 99.9% who have not and never will have this surgery. Do any of you notice Phelps abnormally long arms which make swimming far easier? I doubt it! But his arms are longer and he is technically out of proportion but guess what no one notices and no one cares.

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 09:22:47 PM »

very good points! Does anyone here reading this wear lifts? like lifts that make you as tall as you hope to be post surgery?

is there a noticeable difference in the way you are treated/perceived, and the way you feel/ your confidence level?

and to any LL vets - have you switched your shoes or changed the way you dress to accommodate your new proportions?

doomsday

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »

So ive been reading these forums obsessively since i discovered it a week back. I thought "this is badass! you mean i can just throw money at my height problem now?!" Done deal. And i been obsessing over what limb to lengthen and how much and doing mockups and i realized, when trying to figure out at which point my proportions started looking weird (especially in shoes).....that we always look weird.

Why?

Cuz we all kinda look like we're wearing lifts. When a man wears lifts I'm sorry, its obvious. A man looks like he's standing on something, doesn't look any less pint-sized. Has anyone else come to the depressing realization that this surgery is basically 100 000 dollar lifts being surgically added to your legs? It does nothing for the fact that we are all unfortunately small men with small frames.

I came to this conclusion while trying to figure out why i looked great with a modest 5cm increase, but suddenly looked like i was walking on stilts when i put my nike shox on.
You are an imbecile. Its been said many many times that you cannot compare 5 cm on lifts to 5 cm of LL. Go and educate yourself before bitching again...

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 11:57:03 PM »

You are an imbecile. Its been said many many times that you cannot compare 5 cm on lifts to 5 cm of LL. Go and educate yourself before bitching again...

geez such catty men, no wonder no one likes us short guys lol

Bander72

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 02:12:43 AM »

It is in your head man. I wear close to 5 cm lifts and never noticed or thought about proportions. In fact I think ny legs look better and I plant to use lifts after surgery too. No one has ever said to me your ltibias look too long.

Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

EndGame

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 03:30:58 AM »

you mean i can just throw money at my height problem now?!" Done deal.

I suspect your nothing more than a troll who enjoys riling folks up, but in the off chance you're on the level, there's a lot more to this than just throwing money at it and you should do more research before seriously considering the surgery. Pain... No sleeping for days even weeks... Lots of hard work... Money is not the hardest part of the equation.

doobiepoo

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 04:05:29 AM »

I suspect your nothing more than a troll who enjoys riling folks up, but in the off chance you're on the level, there's a lot more to this than just throwing money at it and you should do more research before seriously considering the surgery. Pain... No sleeping for days even weeks... Lots of hard work... Money is not the hardest part of the equation.

why would u suspect I'm a troll, and then go on to assume i don't know anything about the procedure? I've spent countless hours researching price doctors pain different methods meds recovery time complications accommodations etc.......hell I'm even more or less caught up on the drama with apo/sysop cuz you very catty men do nothing but gossip and talk about each other like a bunch of high school girls.

even if i didn't and was just overly enthusiastic, how do you know i haven't been in a horrible disfiguring car accident in the past or something with many broken bones making any pain from LL seem like a piece of cake? the point of my post was to ask if anyone ever looked at the surgery from the same angle i did, and hopefully had some insight as to WHY LL isn't just 100 000 dollar permanent lifts. best thing i can think of is now i can take of my shoes in someones home without rushing to sit down cuz I'm embarrassed of my height. unfortunately only few responded with constructive replies, I've ben called a few names already and my character questioned lol. sick bunch, some of you here.

Penguinn

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 04:06:29 AM »

If you start 165 and add 5cm to your tibs you end up with the tibs of somoene who is like 180-185 so of course you will look disproportionate..
The other day, we were discussing tibia length. Kilo's(5'5) pre op tibias were 31.5cms. Mine(5'2) are 33.6cms. Morissette's(5'6) were a shocking 27.87cms. Yet Morissette said he never lived life thinking he had short tibias. I've never thought mine were long or that my legs were long in general, ever.
All these are measured via X-Rays so they aren't wrong.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=634.msg60615#msg60615

LLCaptain

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 10:53:11 AM »

Why?

Cuz we all kinda look like we're wearing lifts.

You are telling me, that after 1 week of research, you came to the conclusion that you shouldn't do LL because it'll make you appear taller? Because that's what lifts do: it raises you off the ground.

Sorry man, you sound like you lack the money and mental aptitude for a hard surgery like LL. Gonna have to grow some balls instead of justifying it with a crappy reason like "look like we're wearing lifts".

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 12:12:19 PM »

There are very few surgerys out there pain wise that will surpass the pain of leg lengthening surgery dont kid yourself! You are stretching soft tissue and nerves and the pain varies per person.

EVERYONE I have spoken to has said this is the hardest thing they have ever done a few of them HAVE been in car accidents before. One guy who was there before me was an army veteran who had seen combat on at least 3 occasions he ranked this procedure as WORSE than his life being in imminent danger. Don't kid yourself about the seriousness of this procedure. As someone else said you are letting yourself in for a lot of pain, mental suffering and sleepless nights.

Personally I think you should forget about it, folk obsessing over proportions are not good candidates for this as likely once it's over you will find something else to obsess over and it will just spiral.

Chris

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »

Lengthening the limbs is only a lie to your inherited genes actually :P

You can get your wonderful "permanent lifts" for as low as 12,500 EUR including all expenses. You just need to know where and how.
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up