Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Auron  (Read 1969 times)

Auron

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Auron
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »

50 days after surgery, X-rays day

I’ve been lengthning between 0,54 and 0,81mm a day. I’m not in a hurry and it feels really good to be lengthning at this pace. I can’t remember the last time I had pain. As you can see by looking at the x-rays below I am at 3,72cm and will be stopping at 5cm for 2 reasons, proportions and recovery. I am doing unilateral so I can compare my starting height and proportions with the newly adquired ones. Proportions wise I’d say they were at its best when I hit 3cms, meaning that, imo, I had slightly short femurs and will end up with slightly long femurs. The height difference at 3,7cm is major, I had no idea it would be so noticeable, so much that if I stopped now I’d be pretty happy with my new height. X rays are next, sorry for the bad quality.

X-Ray 1 month post op at 2,37cm

X-Rays today, 50 days post op at 3,72cm

All Monegal’s patients here at MIC seem to be doing very well, we were comparing our X rays earlier to see who had the best bone formation so far and helloworld beat us hands down  ;)

Thats it for today folks!

helloworld

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2017, 09:21:51 PM »

:-) I have to admit I (helloworld) did not play fairly, lengthening at a slower rate of 0,6 and thus causing more bone cloud density.
But you got a gain of 3,7 while I got 3,3!

Auron

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 12:39:15 PM »

Can't edit my previous post to add another picture of my last X rays so I'll just post it here.

Auron

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »

Something I forgot to mention, might be relevant to some people so I'll just drop it here.

Last month there was a medical team from Lisbon taking part in one of the Dr. Monegal's CLL surgery but only as spectators. It seems they were very interested in learning the technique used by Dr. Monegal. At the end they were very impressed by the the doctor and his team. I've also noticed that the Dr. Monegal's schedule has been filled with alot CLL surgeries so I'd say that more and more people are choosing him to do their CLL.

I understand now why Musicmaker keep telling me that Dr. Monegal is the best doctor in the world! We also always have a good time all together when he visits us.

Btw, tomorrow I'll reach 4cm!

helloworld

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »

I almost agree:
I think MusicMaker said he is "one of the best Limb Lengthening surgeons in the world".

But I agree with your point.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up