Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Auron  (Read 26812 times)

Auron

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Auron
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2017, 11:26:54 AM »

It's pretty easy to walk unaided in my room, no pain at all. It's a great feeling but I'll avoid to do it until the doc gives me the green light. To every future Monegal patient: you'll feel like you can walk unaided right after the lengthening phase but always listen to your doc, walk with 1 crutch when he says so and only ditch both crutches when asked. Until the bone has a consolidated bridge, your nail and screws are still bearing most of your weigh.

Auron, I think the x-rays should be 10 per cent more than real height, your gap shows 4.8, however I think in real life it should be 4.2-4.3, I hope you can confirm you peak height in the afternoon. Have a great recovery.
Yes, you're right, or at least not too far off. I'm waiting for the other patients to finish their lengthening phase in order to calculate their height gained and compare it all together. Thank you.

Ozymandias

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2017, 12:14:40 PM »

Last saturday I whatsapped Dr. Monegal saying I was stopping to lengthen in that same day at 4.8cm. He was surprised as most of the patients I hang out with. The reason why I stopped so early is because I feel confortable with both my height and proportions right now. If you followed my diary I said that my proportions looked at their best at 3cm of lengthening so, from that day on it was all about gaining height without damaging my proportions too much.

Congrats Auron, I think you made a good decision. 1.76 is a nice height, and a 4.8 cm lengthening should imply a quick recovery, with less long-term effects. And short-term thinking, the temporary 4.8 cm leg discrepancy must be quite easy to correct with a thick insole.

It's pretty easy to walk unaided in my room, no pain at all. It's a great feeling but I'll avoid to do it until the doc gives me the green light. To every future Monegal patient: you'll feel like you can walk unaided right after the lengthening phase but always listen to your doc, walk with 1 crutch when he says so and only ditch both crutches when asked. Until the bone has a consolidated bridge, your nail and screws are still bearing most of your weigh.

Sounds like a good advice.

zantac20

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2017, 08:08:33 AM »

He looks really good indeed! I don't know why some of you think the taller the better. When I was 164 I thought 178 guys were too tall for me. Now I tend to dislike any guy over 183. I don't like tall guys.
Truth is most women like tall men. Of course not every women, but its just a matter of instincst. Taller = stronger, even if in real life is not always like that.

Auron

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2017, 11:50:20 PM »

Thanks guys. I'm glad I stopped where I did.

So the big news is that I am having my next surgery on the 7th of March! That's right, like 3 weeks after stopping lengthening my 1st leg. I'm taking x-rays on the same day and will post them here as well. If you haven't figured it out by now it means that I can walk unaided and so I received the green light to do the next surgery.

This weekend there is a patient of another doctor coming to MIC to meet us, Monegal patients. He needs his limbs to be corrected and is visiting Dr. Monegal.

P.S. Barcelona's coast is really beautiful, check it out!

Auron

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »

1 day post op

At first I was wishing for this operation to be like the first one but it ended up being even better. It lasted for only 1h15mins, with the antena and cable being removed as well. When the team finished operating me Dr. Monegal called my mom and when she heard Dr. Monegals voice she thought something had happened to me since he was giving her news so early but then she soon realised what was the call about.

At night I could already bend the knee pretty easly, move it sideways and up and down. Pain? Zero, at least in my leg but I had a stomach ache that lasted for the entire night. I think it was because I was 26 hours without eating and then ate a full meal at 00h. But yes, my leg is broken and I'd be in pain if I hadn't the epidural on me.

The doctor came by at 10am, we had a brief chat and he said I'd have x-rays today. He then left to do yet another CLL operation and will come again to see me when hes done.

Auron

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 07:06:59 PM »

Day 2 post op

I've just taken x-rays. Once again I'm very pleased with them!

zantac20

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »

Thanks for the updates and the good news Auron

helloworld

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »

Thanks for the update!
Keep strong.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

Auron

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2017, 09:15:22 AM »

Thanks guys!

The catheter was removed yesterday, I'm ready to take the first shower by myself and start walking with crutches. It's like a déjà vu.

Auron

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »

I left the clinic on the 14th of march and I'm back to mic now. Since I already know the whole process it seems that time flies by. Considering I'm only taking one tramadol per night, pain seems to be in very good levels and I'vent had troubles in sleeping. Infact, I believe the pain is even less than before. I've been asked before in my diary to show a pic of my scars and I might do so soon, you'll realize that Dr. Monegals technique leaves his patients with very good scars, you can verify that by visiting Bohemia's diary if you haven't done so. There was one thing however, that was concerning me yesterday, not sure why I only noticed it yesterday. My tibia dances a bit sideways as if the muscle that controls it was numb and, when I asked Dr. Monegal why is that, he said hit must be muscle weakness. I was worried because I never had this feeling on the left leg but the explanation makes sense. I'm hoping I will be able to control it's movements again as the swelling goes down and I start using my leg muscles again.

As for the leg that was initially operated, it's doing great and I'm confident it will recover to nearly 100%. It's all about working on it's flexibility now.

Auron

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2017, 11:27:39 AM »

Yesterday I went to the hospital to have my stiches removed and by looking at my legs, it didn't look like I had a huge surgery. Someone has asked me in my diary to post a pic of my scarring and I will do that in 2 weeks or so. I've yet to feel any pain but I know it will appear once I hit 2 or 3cm's of lengthening.

Funny episode: Yesterday I got out of the taxi when I arrived at the hospital (it was already dark) and was about to get past the entrance when I noticed I didn't have the wallet in my pocket. I looked back and the taxi was leaving, I found myself chasing and literally running on crutches while shouting "hey!stop!". I eventually caught up thanks to the traffic jam and retrived my wallet. That was the first since I had my operation that I really missed the ability to run xd

helloworld

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »

Funny episode: Yesterday I got out of the taxi when I arrived at the hospital (it was already dark) and was about to get past the entrance when I noticed I didn't have the wallet in my pocket. I looked back and the taxi was leaving, I found myself chasing and literally running on crutches while shouting "hey!stop!". I eventually caught up thanks to the traffic jam and retrived my wallet. That was the first since I had my operation that I really missed the ability to run xd
OMG, what a shock! Glad you made it and got the wallet back!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Auron

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »

OMG, what a shock! Glad you made it and got the wallet back!
Yeah, MM was with me and she had a face of someone who was like "the fk is that guy doing chasing the taxi?" xD I was really lucky that the taxi got stuck in the traffic.

Auron

« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2017, 10:54:30 PM »

I'm around the 2cm mark by now and will have x rays this week. That feeling that I had in right leg is almost gone, now its just pain from lengthening. This time I don't think about slowing down, I wanna finish as soon as possible. I'm really ansious and excited to finish the lengthening phase because my left leg feels so good that I'm expecting my right leg to follow the same path, which means I'll be walking and doing most of the normal things in 2 months or so.

My next update will include x rays of both legs and a picture of my scars ;)

Auron

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2017, 03:54:42 PM »

Today I went to have x-rays with Helloworld and 2 more patients. I am at 28 days post 2nd op and ~4 months and a half post 1st op. This is how they look like:

Auron

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »

And as promised, this is a pic of my scars, 28 days after operation. I tried to zoom in as much as possible so you can clearly see how they truly look like so you don't get deceived. 1st pic shows the incision scar (3cm long) and the screws scar. the 2nd pic shows the scar that is created to insert the nail, its barely noticeable and it's only 28 days in.

If you want my true opinion, I've seen patients with better scars but it really depends on your skin. There're some things that neither you nor the doctor can control. That being said, my scars still look good and will look even better as the time goes on.

Auron

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2017, 04:25:39 PM »

Hey guys, it's been a while.

I almost forgot this forum existed. I am 1 week post lengthening phase and I am now walking unaided with a small limp which is fading away day by day. I've now departed from Mics, back to my own country. I will miss some people I left behind and made sure I thanked Dr. Monegal properly for the amazing job he has done with my legs.

To Helloworld: Once we meet again let's record each other running side by side and post the video here. Let's see whos the fastest Dr. Monegal's patient  8)

helloworld

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »

To Helloworld: Once we meet again let's record each other running side by side and post the video here. Let's see whos the fastest Dr. Monegal's patient  8)
Good idea! Let's do that.
I heared Yagan will be visiting Barcelona. Let's see if he is also up for a competition. :-)
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Datum

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2017, 11:46:32 PM »

This competition is ridiculous. You will break your legs and you will come here crying like a girl. Don't play with your health
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2017, 12:20:07 AM »

If they are already fused, their bone should be as strong as before! I think we all here need examples of people who have good athleticism after lengthening. If I could I would join them in the race but I'm not a Monegal patient  :)
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

onemorefoot

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2017, 09:26:02 PM »

When you had only one leg lengthened, you put all your weight in the good leg? Some Guy here got one screw loose becuase of walking without the insole
Budget will determine my future.

Auron

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2017, 07:38:18 PM »

Hello everyone!

Just letting you know I'm doing great. I can run now and its a great feeling. Can't wait to remove my rods and get back to sports! Of course It's still early days but time flies by.

If you have any questions concerning my journy feel free to ask. I will answer them time asap.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2017, 11:14:00 PM »

Congrats. You did a conservative amount which was smart as your starting height does not require large lengthening. You are now at completely normal height.

your diary should set an example.
I learned some stuff during this time

FDR101

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »

Hey Auron,

I'm sure you are busy with your life post LL and probably don't visit the forum very much.

I would like to ask you though if you could give a small update on how you are doing physically but also mentally.

Can you share some experiences you've had regarding the new height?

I am the same height as you pre-op (172~173cm) and if I decide to do LL it would probably be 5 cm femurs like you did.

Are you happy with your new height? Has the height neurosis gone?

Hope you are doing well.

Auron

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2017, 01:22:16 PM »

Hey Auron,

I'm sure you are busy with your life post LL and probably don't visit the forum very much.

I would like to ask you though if you could give a small update on how you are doing physically but also mentally.

Can you share some experiences you've had regarding the new height?

I am the same height as you pre-op (172~173cm) and if I decide to do LL it would probably be 5 cm femurs like you did.

Are you happy with your new height? Has the height neurosis gone?

Hope you are doing well.
Hello FDR,

I'm doing great both mentally and physically. I have been able to play basketball and tennis but not at the same level as before. Infact, as long as the rods are still inside I don't think its possible to feel completly natural. Another thing is that I'vent had anyone mentioning my height, everyone said I looked skinner instead. I never had much of a height neurosis tbh, I decided to do this surgery because I thought it would be cool to feel taller. Doing something many people think it's possible is tempting.
Being 5cm taller is a huge difference though, I was measured by Dr. Monegal last month at 1.77,3 so I guess if you did this surgery you would end up somewhere near my actual height. I say it's worth it but it's a long journy and it might not go as smooth as you'd like. In my case, I'm glad I did the surgery.

FDR101

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2017, 03:26:28 PM »

Hello FDR,

I'm doing great both mentally and physically. I have been able to play basketball and tennis but not at the same level as before. Infact, as long as the rods are still inside I don't think its possible to feel completly natural. Another thing is that I'vent had anyone mentioning my height, everyone said I looked skinner instead. I never had much of a height neurosis tbh, I decided to do this surgery because I thought it would be cool to feel taller. Doing something many people think it's possible is tempting.
Being 5cm taller is a huge difference though, I was measured by Dr. Monegal last month at 1.77,3 so I guess if you did this surgery you would end up somewhere near my actual height. I say it's worth it but it's a long journy and it might not go as smooth as you'd like. In my case, I'm glad I did the surgery.

Thanks for your update Auron, good to hear you are doing great.

Could you try to describe the unnatural feeling? Is it a pain, a lack of balance, a tiredness? Also do you know whether it changes once the rods are removed? I've noticed that Dr. Monegal inserts the device from the knee area and not the hip-area, as I see Paley doing with Precise. How is your knee doing?

Lastly, this is probably too much to ask for, but could you upload an image of your legs standing up? I completely understand if you don't wish to do so, I'm simply curious about how the proportions will look like for a guy like me ~172cm to get femurs lengthened ~5cm.

Hope you continue doing great and wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Auron

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2017, 06:47:21 PM »

Thanks for your update Auron, good to hear you are doing great.

Could you try to describe the unnatural feeling? Is it a pain, a lack of balance, a tiredness? Also do you know whether it changes once the rods are removed? I've noticed that Dr. Monegal inserts the device from the knee area and not the hip-area, as I see Paley doing with Precise. How is your knee doing?

Lastly, this is probably too much to ask for, but could you upload an image of your legs standing up? I completely understand if you don't wish to do so, I'm simply curious about how the proportions will look like for a guy like me ~172cm to get femurs lengthened ~5cm.

Hope you continue doing great and wish you the best of luck on your journey.
Hey FDR101,

It's not pain, its not lack of balance but tiredness sounds like a good word to describe it. I feel like I'm gaining my muscles back at a really slow pace. I've no idea what happens once the rods are removed but my guess is that it can only get better, right? My knee is doing very good, no pain, however, I do feel a bit a of pain if I stand on my knees for a while. I'd rather not post photos of myself but there're many mocks ups in the forum, check them out.

Thank you for your best wishes!

myloginacct

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2017, 12:00:03 AM »

Any predictions of when you'll have the rods removed?

Glad to hear you have been doing that well.

Auron

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »

I'd like to have my rods removed somewhere in the 2nd half of 2018. It all depends on my x rays and spare time, but if not by then, surely in the 1st half of 2019.

myloginacct

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »

Hey, Auron. I hope things have been going well for you.

Would you have done 1cm less if you could go back in time?

myloginacct

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2018, 12:16:36 PM »

I dont know if you are 172 in the morning or afternoon, but 177 is a good height, not tall but average.

Average in Europe. Tall-ish in the rest of the world. Don't forget the planet isn't just Europeans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up