Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The case of growth hormones  (Read 11841 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: The case of growth hormones
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 12:12:47 AM »

I had blood-work done and I do have a growth hormone deficiency. It has nothing to do with whether I was 5'8 or not.

How do you know you have a GH defficiency? Have you done multipile measuring during the day? Or did you do the GH stimulus blood test?
I learned some stuff during this time

MrHandsome

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2017, 12:20:17 AM »

How do you know you have a GH defficiency? Have you done multipile measuring during the day? Or did you do the GH stimulus blood test?

I had an igf1 test which was below reference range. I heard that is the more accurate test but I never had the GH stimulus test/assay

TIBIKE200

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 12:25:54 AM »

IGF1 test is an accessory test which is usually coupled with GH test. The most accurate one is GH stimulus test.

You should ask your GP for a GH stimulus test. Read about it on the internet so you can describe the symptoms of GH defficiency in adulthood to your GP

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 12:18:47 PM »

5'7 to 5'10 is a huge difference

It isn't.

Next question please.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

MrHandsome

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 12:24:31 PM »

It isn't.

Next question please.

lol you are you serious??? it is a huge difference in the eyes of women

MrHandsome

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 12:25:20 PM »

IGF1 test is an accessory test which is usually coupled with GH test. The most accurate one is GH stimulus test.

You should ask your GP for a GH stimulus test. Read about it on the internet so you can describe the symptoms of GH defficiency in adulthood to your GP

I will speak to my doctor about further testing thanks for the help.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »

You guys need to keep it in mind that HGH therapy very often doesn't work at all.

YungGud

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »

HGH can help you when you are 13-14 but older?no guarantees
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »

lol you are you serious??? it is a huge difference in the eyes of women

For some women it's relevant, but do you only care about women?  3 inches is a noticeable but in no way huge difference.

MrHandsome

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »

For some women it's relevant, but do you only care about women?  3 inches is a noticeable but in no way huge difference.

3 inches is a huge difference period....

Body Builder

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »

It isn't.

Next question please.
3 inches for a 5.2 man will make him more normal but still 5.5 he would considered short .
But becoming 5.10 from 5.7 is makes not just a big difference, it makes a lifechanging one.
From 5.6 to 5.8 initial heights, these 3 inches makes a huge difference, more than any other initial height.

MrHandsome

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »

3 inches for a 5.2 man will make him more normal but still 5.5 he would considered short .
But becoming 5.10 from 5.7 is makes not just a big difference, it makes a lifechanging one.
From 5.6 to 5.8 initial heights, these 3 inches makes a huge difference, more than any other initial height.

Yes going from 5'7 to 5'10 is like going from short to going to a great height.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »

Praise the Bell Curve!
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »

3 inches is a huge difference period....

It simply isn't.

Bander72

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2017, 12:14:06 PM »

It simply isn't.

Dude how tall are you? Unless your super short 3 inches will make a world of difference. You have never tried lifts.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 05:19:01 PM »

Okay, let me clarify. 3 inches can be a huge improvement of your self-perception and personal happiness, there's no denying that. I however dispute that 3 inches are a huge difference when you see two random guys on the street.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »

Okay, let me clarify. 3 inches can be a huge improvement of your self-perception and personal happiness, there's no denying that. I however dispute that 3 inches are a huge difference when you see two random guys on the street.

As a LL veteran, I lengthened 6 cm and it is a very big difference and undeniably noticeable.

What BB said is correct. However, if you are next to your past self, you would notice a big difference. I know because my brother is as tall as I was and now I look much taller than him. Now if you are very short, population wise it will not make a huge impact, but compared to your past self 3 inches is a lot.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 09:39:25 PM »

As a LL veteran, I lengthened 6 cm and it is a very big difference and undeniably noticeable.

Noticeable? Yes. Very big/huge? Not in my opinion.

Of course, after having went through LL, which is a very serious procedure, you like to think that the change you made is big, and it undoubtedly is big, as your self-perception and well-being should skyrocket - it's a big dream after all, to become taller for many guys here. And LL can fulfill that dream, with a noticeable height boost. The physical and mental changes go hand in hand. But apart from the very unique experience of LL and height neurosis, I just don't think there's a "very big" difference between a guy who's X cms tall and a guy who's X+6 cms tall. I just don't. "Very big difference", "huge difference" that would be Peter Dinklage standing next to LeBron James or something. My two cents.

MrHandsome

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »

Of course, after having went through LL, which is a very serious procedure, you like to think that the change you made is big, and it undoubtedly is big, as your self-perception and well-being should skyrocket - it's a big dream after all, to become taller for many guys here. And LL can fulfill that dream, with a noticeable height boost. The physical and mental changes go hand in hand. But apart from the very unique experience of LL and height neurosis, I just don't think there's a "very big" difference between a guy who's X cms tall and a guy who's X+6 cms tall. I just don't. "Very big difference", "huge difference" that would be Peter Dinklage standing next to LeBron James or something. My two cents.

You are completely wrong in your assertion and 3 inches is not only a big difference but also a huge difference in the eyes of society. 5'7 and 5'10 cannot even be comparable just fking lol at your delusions.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »

I sorry but you are really mistaken....
  Take us both at 170-171cm and a 180-183 guy. The difference between us is 9-12cm. Do 5-6cm the difference becomes those "only" 6cm or even 3cm which you say are not noticable.

Think about it for a sec. The difference between someone who is even 6' and someone who is 5'7 is 5 inches. If you do 3 it becomes those unnoticable 2 inches you say someone can hardy see. Even do 2-2.5 inches, and the difference is basically 2.5 inches.

2 inches is a lot 3 inches is even more (obviously). Try 2 inches lifts and you will be amazed at how much of a change those 5cm make.

P.S It was thanks to lifts that I was able to calm down from my height neurosis as I was able to see that people aren't really all 185+ but most are in the 175-180 range. You will really be amazed at how much those small 5cm add up in POV

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 01:17:48 AM »

Well that depends on what you consider to be very big/huge. For me, it is when you can tell from afar that someone is undeniably taller no matter the stance, how open the legs are, etc. In other words, you take both people and you can say this one is notoriously taller. My self-perception and well-being are as good as before, it wasn't a big dream for me to become taller. I am not as height obsessed as many people here. I think if you do the surgery you would compare yourself to your past self and you would also agree with me that it is a big difference.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »

You are completely wrong in your assertion and 3 inches is not only a big difference but also a huge difference in the eyes of society. 5'7 and 5'10 cannot even be comparable just fking lol at your delusions.

I completely disagree and resent the notion that 3 inches are a "huge" difference. You are very wrong that society sees a massive, enormous difference between a 5'7'' and a 5'10'' man, one of them is somewhat short to short - depending on who you ask - while the other one is average to a bit below average, again depending on who you ask. You are very wrong here IMO.

Well that depends on what you consider to be very big/huge. For me, it is when you can tell from afar that someone is undeniably taller no matter the stance, how open the legs are, etc. In other words, you take both people and you can say this one is notoriously taller. My self-perception and well-being are as good as before, it wasn't a big dream for me to become taller. I am not as height obsessed as many people here. I think if you do the surgery you would compare yourself to your past self and you would also agree with me that it is a big difference.

You are 170 cm after your surgery, which means you are still at least shortish. Depending on where you live, a lot of men (perhaps even the majority) will be at least 5 cm's taller than you, since a lot of men are at least 175-180. So according to you own view, even after your painful surgery which will leave you with lifelong athletic disadvantages, you will still be a person towered by only average dudes. Not only a short person, but one who is shorter than a lot of men by a "very big difference". And that is not even accounting for tall people, but average ones who are just 175 cm will still tower you by your own definiton. Is that a definitoin that you like? You have do decide for yourself, but I personally believe that I like to live in a world where I'm about the same height as average dudes.

Knik

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »

So what is the final answer ? efficiant or not ?
Probably not but the opinion of people who made medical studies like tbike is interesting because I see many people outside trying to give their son a therapy.
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »

So what is the final answer ? efficiant or not ?
Probably not but the opinion of people who made medical studies like tbike is interesting because I see many people outside trying to give their son a therapy.

It certainly works, but it's no magical recipe that will turn a fated 165cm youngster into a 183cm (6 feet) one. That is, unless they have a tumor or hyperplasia in their pituitary gland. Then they may well grow to be over 200cm/7 feet, and also have other health problems.

Knik

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2017, 09:30:41 AM »

Damn no ! I've shared a very serious study showing that growth hormone is giving only 3-4 cm in average. So that will not turn 5'5 boys into 6ft in most of the case. And not even sure it will give even one centimeters. GH are mostly used on very short stature, may have an unexplained reason for that stature.
Looking for Pili

extremis

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2017, 11:53:05 PM »

I completely disagree and resent the notion that 3 inches are a "huge" difference. You are very wrong that society sees a massive, enormous difference between a 5'7'' and a 5'10'' man, one of them is somewhat short to short - depending on who you ask - while the other one is average to a bit below average, again depending on who you ask. You are very wrong here IMO.

You are 170 cm after your surgery, which means you are still at least shortish. Depending on where you live, a lot of men (perhaps even the majority) will be at least 5 cm's taller than you, since a lot of men are at least 175-180. So according to you own view, even after your painful surgery which will leave you with lifelong athletic disadvantages, you will still be a person towered by only average dudes. Not only a short person, but one who is shorter than a lot of men by a "very big difference". And that is not even accounting for tall people, but average ones who are just 175 cm will still tower you by your own definiton. Is that a definitoin that you like? You have do decide for yourself, but I personally believe that I like to live in a world where I'm about the same height as average dudes.

You must be joking.

The entire bolded paragraph is a non-sequitur based on linguistic semantics. Whether a person "likes" a "definition" or not is irrelevant. Whether the surgery was "painful" and "leaves you with lifelong athletic disadvantages" or not is irrelevant.

He was EXTREMELY short before the surgery, then increased his stature by 6 CM, and now he is LESS short. He was towered by 175-180 CM tall men before and is still towered by them after the surgery, yes.

All of this is irrelevant. 3 inches is a BIG difference. Do you think if you put on 3 inch lifts and walked up to people you know, they wouldn't notice you're MASSIVELY taller than before? You must be joking.

Based on the underlined sentence, It sound more like the one who has an issue with "definitions" is you. You choose to tell yourself that 3 inches isn't a big difference because you want to consider yourself as being in the "average range" of male height. That's a coping mechanism, and if that's the way you want to live your life, then it's fine, but don't pretend everyone else is delusional and you're in the right when it's the other way around.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2017, 12:10:38 PM »

^ The most horrible poster in this forum (next to MrHandsome, who is just an idiot) showing up again, digging up 6 month old posts.

Honestly with that post I just wanted to understand the guy's personal reality. To do this intense surgery and still feel towered by just average dudes seems like a pretty bad situation to me...I wanted to understand how he "coped" with it, so to speak. But perhaps this is not such a bad situation for everyone? Perhaps he feels fine with it? Perhaps I'm too negative? I haven't gotten a response from him.

What can I say, except that I just don't feel that 2-3 inches is a "massive, big difference" ? Perhaps that is a way of coping, but it's in no way worse or more "delusional" than saying it is a "massive, big difference". Something like this is more what I would call a massive difference, even though I would not use that word personally. And yeah, living in one of the taller countries on earth, I still see hundreds of dudes around my height while in a big city, so I kinda see the point of the "average range" thing, ya get it? What can I say except...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

..and add that you, as a poster here, haven't brought anything of positive value to this forum.

And that just sucks, dude.

MrHandsome

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »

^ The most horrible poster in this forum (next to MrHandsome, who is just an idiot) showing up again, digging up 6 month old posts.

Honestly with that post I just wanted to understand the guy's personal reality. To do this intense surgery and still feel towered by just average dudes seems like a pretty bad situation to me...I wanted to understand how he "coped" with it, so to speak. But perhaps this is not such a bad situation for everyone? Perhaps he feels fine with it? Perhaps I'm too negative? I haven't gotten a response from him.

What can I say, except that I just don't feel that 2-3 inches is a "massive, big difference" ? Perhaps that is a way of coping, but it's in no way worse or more "delusional" than saying it is a "massive, big difference". Something like this is more what I would call a massive difference, even though I would not use that word personally. And yeah, living in one of the taller countries on earth, I still see hundreds of dudes around my height while in a big city, so I kinda see the point of the "average range" thing, ya get it? What can I say except...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

..and add that you, as a poster here, haven't brought anything of positive value to this forum.

2-3 inches is a massive difference. That is the gain that people will achieve with leg lengthening surgery. You are the worst poster on this forum hands down.

extremis

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. You are easily among the worst posters in ANY forum I've ever been on, so you really don't have the right to say anything about other posters.

2. He probably "copes" with it the same way you "cope" by telling yourself you'll be in the "average" range of male height in your country after your surgery rather than facing the reality that you'll still be shorter than average by 5 cm. Of course, you didn't realize that, because you're a solipsist and can only see things from your delusional point of view.

3. You have ZERO right to accuse me of not "bringing anything of positive value to this forum", because you haven't either.

I'd be more than glad to discuss emerging technologies that are relevant to height increase, such as research like Dr. Eben Alsberg's which deals with epiphyseal plate regeneration and transplantation. As I write this, there's a thread at the top of the Height Increase Discussion board about a new application of nanotechnology to wound/organ healing that was posted yesterday evening.... and it still has zero responses.

So I'm confused as to what exactly you mean by "anything of positive value". Maybe you mean I'm not joining the idiotic, irrational "positivity" crew of posters like you that spam idiotic feel-good posts about how being short "isn't so bad" and all other sorts of bull****, all the while they're posting on a board where people plan to suffer an excruciatingly painful surgical procedure just to increase their height by 2 or 3 inches?

If that's the case, then yeah, I definitely haven't "brought anything of positive value". I'm not here to verbally circlejerk and play at licking each other's wounds and talk about how it isn't so bad. Last I checked, this board isn't about group therapy. It's about getting taller.

I'd be more than glad to engage in discussions about height increase research, experimental procedures, emerging technologies, and the like, but it seems like everyone else either isn't interested, or is more interested in dumb drama like the kind you're trying to stir up, "celebrity gossip"-tier/wannabe "inspirational" threads about short athletes, and sociological discussions about height, the latter of which seems the most pointless of all to me, since there's nothing to discuss - yeah, heightism exists. Yeah, it's really serious and affects every aspect of your life. Everyone knows this already. What else needs to be said?

News flash: the Male Pattern Baldness community HAS their solution now. A South Korean lab developed a procedure that can effectively cure balding.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/7fax04/a_south_korean_lab_actually_discovered_the_cure/

This in spite of the fact everyone viewed balding as being as "incurable" and "unfixable" as short stature, and "normal"/"positivity" people like you encouraging them to "accept themselves" and cope in other stupid ways constantly.

Know why? It's because their community actually engaged in meaningful discussions about possible ways to FIX their balding, talked about research, got together in groups to contact scientists researching the condition, and so on. They actually RAISED AWARENESS.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2017, 12:06:15 PM »

I've been engaged with quite a number of posters in this forum both in threads as well as per PM, and several of them have thanked me for my contributions, as well as for reaching out to people who posted about their depression. Can you say the same, extremis?

So engaging in the thought process that being in the average range while being 5 cm below the height average, is "solipsist" and "delusional"....then tell me, what would be the alternative? Just giving up, lying down and rot, like the incels like to say? Because in your hypothetical situation, the person has already done LL, so that choice is out of the window. Surely you must see the positive side of focusing on other things than your height in that situation, and concentrating on improving your life in other ways, no? Or what would be the alternative outlook you are proposing? Hmm?

As I've already told you, I'm very interested in height increase research, but I haven't seen anything of value come from you in that regard either. Perhaps you could start with that, instead of the toxic garbage that you have given us so far. I'll be waiting.

jexus

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »

I used HGH for 1,5 year under doctor control and when I started my growth plates were almost closed.

The first three months, every day I swam for 3 hours, eat incredibly healthy, took protein supplies, hung my legs, did pull-ups and incredible stretching every day. I smoked 3-4 cigarettes a day. There was a difference I guess but not much maximum 1-2 cms maybe no difference at all. But I had huge muscles like I used steroids.

If you're going to use HGH I would suggest you do it earlier.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up