Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Birkholtz - why are more folks not considering him as a surgeon for CLL?  (Read 2916 times)

jbc

Legitimate question - thought I'd ask, especially seeing multiple recent threads with price-conscious people asking for top surgeons that perform CLL. I've read the thread where he gave so much of his time and knowledge to this forum as well as toafrica's diary. I also consulted with Dr. Birkholtz since I wanted a second opinion on the Precise nail (the consultation took place over the phone) and found him to be incredibly knowledgeable.

His clinic is world-class and he is a sought-after orthopedic surgeon for limb deformities. As someone else stated, he is literally stupid busy with patients - I know, because I had to wait weeks to get on his schedule for a consult (for which he did not charge me). He certainly has plenty of experience and from what I could tell, an impeccable record. So I wonder why more people are not using him? I certainly considered it, but given my work schedule, I needed to stay in a US-based time zone. Had I considered an overseas option, I would have picked him over every other surgeon, Guichet included.

My thoughts, FWIW, would love to hear from others.

-jbc

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Likely because a lot of new people were here after he no longer actively posted here. Another reason is that to some people South Africa seems like a scary place.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

jbc

I haven't really seen any other Dr. post here other than Dr. Birkholtz and Dr. Monegal (who was mostly fending off LLUser1 and/or his troll army).

Every part of the world is scary. South Africa's a beautiful country. Parts of it are scary, but people go vacation and safari there and Pretoria is very civilized.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pretoria+south+africa&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjGodOHoa_RAhUO42MKHSRHD5gQ_AUICSgC&biw=1920&bih=956

Would love to see another Dr. Birkholtz diary. toafrica seems to have sailed through his experience, and when I talked to Dr. Birkholtz, he stated that he had done multiple CLL surgeries with the Precise. I suspect, just like the majority of other patients, most want complete blanket anonymity and won't post a diary.

alps

new diaries (from all doctors) have themselves become fewer these days.

Nightwish

If I ever do this (my height neurosis has lessened a lot recently) then Dr Birkholtz would be my first choice and it wouldn't be close.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

axelf

I have visited Dr Birkholtz for a consultation.

I would like to go with him in 2017. BUT the currency of my country, the €, is soooooo weak at the moment that his package translates to 49.500€ at the moment......a year ago it was 39.000€ if I remember correctly. All due to the weakness of the Euro.

So, as I am not willing to pay that much, I will simply wait and keep stretching all the way

goldenegg

I agree that Dr. Birkholtz does seem like a pretty good option and also surprised he doesn't get mentioned more often. If more diaries with him were around a few years ago back when I was getting serious about scheduling my LL, I'd have definitely considered him and researched further. 

mediocre

How many of his cases posted here before? I only know of 2 and both are happy.

Montreal172

A lot has changed, accommodation and transport are no longer included.
Imagine having to set that up in a foreign country, what a nightmare.

IwannaBeTaller

A lot has changed, accommodation and transport are no longer included.
Imagine having to set that up in a foreign country, what a nightmare.

Birkholtz doesn't do cosmetic LL any longer.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up