Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017  (Read 66668 times)

6FeetSoon

Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017
« on: January 16, 2017, 09:42:07 PM »

Hey everyone, just wanted to create a thread to document my impending LL journey.

About me: 25 y/o male, height: 175 (5'9), looking to add 8cm and reach 6'0.
Happy to answer any questions about the process.

Good luck to all who plan to embark on a similar journey.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »

How much did u paid for it?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 09:53:25 PM »

I thought Rozbruch had a height limit of 5'5 max for males no?
I learned some stuff during this time

6FeetSoon

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »

6FeetSoon

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:58:48 PM »

I thought Rozbruch had a height limit of 5'5 max for males no?

Back in 2013. I think he views height dysphoria as a relative rather than absolute thing now.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »

what does the cost of 75k$ include and doesnt include?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 10:49:15 PM »

btw, when is your surgery date?

Good luck and have a safe lengthening

6FeetSoon

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 10:54:52 PM »

what does the cost of 75k$ include and doesnt include?

all surgical aspects including ITB release, use of equipment, etc.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 10:55:53 PM »

btw, when is your surgery date?

Good luck and have a safe lengthening

Few weeks, and thanks very much.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 11:00:09 PM »

So no PT included? How much is overall estimated cost? I was communicated about 140k$ when i exchanged e mails with him.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 11:54:27 PM »

So no PT included? How much is overall estimated cost? I was communicated about 140k$ when i exchanged e mails with him.
PT doesn't necessarily have to be a separate cost. Most of his patients perform the exercises at home on their own to maintain range of motion, flexibility, etc.
Hospital costs (depending on your coverage) will be taken care of by insurance.

goldenegg

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 07:27:10 PM »

wow, that's a great price to do the surgery in the US and I had no idea insurance could cover the hospital costs. best of luck!

Alu

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 07:34:08 PM »

wow, that's a great price to do the surgery in the US and I had no idea insurance could cover the hospital costs. best of luck!

Actually, yeah how is that possible?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 08:01:11 PM »

Actually, yeah how is that possible?

Because the hospital stay in and of itself, is not an elective procedure. Its a standard medical expense that one is expected to incur for one reason or another over time. Same reason insurance covered the x-ray and technician costs at the initial consultation. Obviously the actual procedure falls outside of that category.

Mtall

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »

What is your flexibility like?
And are you doing Precice 2?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »

What is your flexibility like?
And are you doing Precice 2?

Extremely flexible.
Affirmative on PRECICE 2

Lubak

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »

I'm having a very hard time believing that the pricing you are quoting for Dr. Rozbruch is accurate. Something seems way off to me. Do you have anything that proves $75,000 covers all medical expenses except rehabilitation? You must have at least been provided an official cost estimate from Dr. Rozbruch in person or via email.

I have never heard of medical insurance in the United States covering any kind of costs incurred during a cosmetic procedure. Usually insurance companies in the United States do everything humanly possible to avoid paying costs even when they are necessary to saving a persons life.

Let me just say I want what you are saying to be correct. I really really want what you are saying to be correct. It just seems way too good to be true.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »

I'm having a very hard time believing that the pricing you are quoting for Dr. Rozbruch is accurate. Something seems way off to me. Do you have anything that proves $75,000 covers all medical expenses except rehabilitation? You must have at least been provided an official cost estimate from Dr. Rozbruch in person or via email.

I have never heard of medical insurance in the United States covering any kind of costs incurred during a cosmetic procedure. Usually insurance companies in the United States do everything humanly possible to avoid paying costs even when they are necessary to saving a persons life.

Let me just say I want what you are saying to be correct. I really really want what you are saying to be correct. It just seems way too good to be true.

Don't know how to upload images here, but yes i have a breakdown of the medical expenses summing to 75k. (There's an additional 10k for removal naturally)

And as i said, insurance has already started covering expenses. The X-rays cost $800 but my out of pocket portion was only $100.

Lubak

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »

Don't know how to upload images here, but yes i have a breakdown of the medical expenses summing to 75k. (There's an additional 10k for removal naturally)

And as i said, insurance has already started covering expenses. The X-rays cost $800 but my out of pocket portion was only $100.

Wow! I can't tell you how excited I am to hear this!

To upload images on this forum is easy. Simply use any of the tons of photo uploading websites out there like tinypic, or imgur. Once you upload the image to one of those websites, simply copy and paste the link then click the insert image icon located underneath the Bold icon.

You can message me and I will do it for you if you can't figure it out. Everyone needs to see this. Dr. Rozbruch is easily one of the top LL surgeons in the world, but has always been way too expensive, even more expensive than Paley. This changes everything!

6FeetSoon

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 10:10:06 PM »

The one thing i will say though, people considering this need to remember that Dr. Rozbruch has you evaluated by a psychologist completely independent of him. So even if he thinks you're a good candidate, if she says no, it's a no. And people do get turned away often so be mindful of this.

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 10:19:06 PM »

I have just watched video on this Doctors site. He says he aims for 3 inches(8cms) but from everything else I have seen on this site this is when complications get a lot worse, 5 to 6 is what people should be aiming for. Has this Doctor changed his opinion on the 3 inch aim in recent times?

Also, is he considered to be better than Paley as I had not heard much about him. It always seems to be about Paley when people talk about the best in the world and the guy to go with.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 10:27:43 PM »

I have just watched video on this Doctors site. He says he aims for 3 inches(8cms) but from everything else I have seen on this site this is when complications get a lot worse, 5 to 6 is what people should be aiming for. Has this Doctor changed his opinion on the 3 inch aim in recent times?

Also, is he considered to be better than Paley as I had not heard much about him. It always seems to be about Paley when people talk about the best in the world and the guy to go with.

Youtube the video "Dr S Robert Rozbruch-stature lengthening" on youtube on watch the story about Sam. 8cm is what they aimed for and achieved. And yes, on these forums people don't talk about him because their number one focus is affordability. Rozbruch is 75k+10k+in-patient fees which can be prohibitively expensive if it's out of pocket. You've got to remember he works at HSS in NYC. That place is no joke. NBA and NFL players go there as their first choice for rehabilitation from orthopedic injuries.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »

The one thing i will say though, people considering this need to remember that Dr. Rozbruch has you evaluated by a psychologist completely independent of him. So even if he thinks you're a good candidate, if she says no, it's a no. And people do get turned away often so be mindful of this.

Have you had your consultation with that psychologist yet?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »

Have you had your consultation with that psychologist yet?

Yes, otherwise my surgery date wouldnt be set for February.

Lubak

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 10:37:10 PM »

I posted instructions on how to upload images to the forum. Are you going to upload the image you said you have that shows a breakdown of the $75,000 in fees from Dr. Rozbruch?

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »

I did watch the video with Sam but wondered if it was an old video. I know that 8cms can be achieved but at what cost to future health and mobility. If this doctor had seen a lot of complications from going as far as 8 since making this video he may have changed his mind about what he advises patients. I assume he hasn't if you are going for 8cms and he is happy for you to do that.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 10:48:43 PM »

I did watch the video with Sam but wondered if it was an old video. I know that 8cms can be achieved but at what cost to future health and mobility. If this doctor had seen a lot of complications from going as far as 8 since making this video he may have changed his mind about what he advises patients. I assume he hasn't if you are going for 8cms and he is happy for you to do that.

Sam did his surgery in sep 2015, and this was 10 months post op (july 2016), so not old at all. Also important to note that additional length is all relative. If someone had 20cm long femurs and you tried to add 8cm, that's a lot more stressful on the body than someone who has 40cm long femurs... nothing is absolute

6FeetSoon

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »

I posted instructions on how to upload images to the forum. Are you going to upload the image you said you have that shows a breakdown of the $75,000 in fees from Dr. Rozbruch?
Haha ill figure out imgur later and post. Or you can just email me and ill send them to you.

Lubak

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2017, 10:54:21 PM »

Haha ill figure out imgur later and post. Or you can just email me and ill send them to you.

What is your email address?

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2017, 10:56:23 PM »

Thanks for reply. I hope it all goes well and look forward to following your progress.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »

Yes, otherwise my surgery date wouldnt be set for February.

Without going into too much detail, how did you describe your reasons for wanting this surgery with the psychologist? Did you say you suffer because of how you look compared to other men, because your relatives are taller, because of bullying during childhood, for example? What reasons did you give her?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up