Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: BodyBuilder. Reality vs. Expectation  (Read 8257 times)

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
Re: BodyBuilder. Reality vs. Expectation
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »

The highlight of hilarity of this forum is the amount of people who permanently damage their bodies with one lengthening and then decide they'll do a second one because they'd rather be almost crippled and tall than average height and able to move like they're younger than 75. You gotta be one unethical person to operate on these kinds of people.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

yyes

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 12:02:30 AM »

@Tibike: no my friend, the ideal men for women is not taller than them but tall.
A 5.3 girl will want a lets say 6ft tall man as much as a 5.7 girl.
Of course shorter girl could deal with taller than them men but not generally tall but still their preference would be a tall man.
What women want don't have to do with what they are. It is completely the same between a fat man compared to an athletic man. They both want a sxxy slim woman.

@ yunggud: I agree but I don't think that 5.9 compared to 5.85 plays a big role to how people see you.

@ozymandias: I've done LL and talk about my experiences before and after it and also I say my opinion about ehat is the real border where height stops to matter. I don't know anything about you, your height, if you had LL etc so your opinion doesn't really matter at all for me. So keep calm and face your own problems.  ;)

@captain america: By showing disrespect to a veteran LLer who has a diary with pics on the old forum you just show how moron you are. I don't care if you believe me or not, I'm sure that most of the people here can understand what I did and what I'm talking about because they have faced it again and again and that's why they consider LL.
And my profile pic is from Scott Steiner, a phenomenon in wrestling and a real macho man, at least in appearance (because his character is funny and cartoonish). But it doesn't matter, keep believing what you want about me, Steiner or anyone else. If you ever do LL then we can discuss for real. But for now, you are just an unexperienced brat who tries to gain value by insulting people that you don't even know, like me. That's the best you can do. Really pathetic.

@ onemorefoot: I'm not sure. The only thing I take for granted is that I'll do internal femurs but for sure I can't afford anything more than 50.000 euros. So in about a year from now I think that I'll have my final decision.

Bodybuilder I have a question for you as its something that I often ask myself. Say we do go up to 5'11 and a girl likes us enough to want to start a family with us. We have kids and the kids end up short. Is it unethical that you never told her about your limb lenthening?

The highlight of hilarity of this forum is the amount of people who permanently damage their bodies with one lengthening and then decide they'll do a second one because they'd rather be almost crippled and tall than average height and able to move like they're younger than 75. You gotta be one unethical person to operate on these kinds of people.

At one point does one get crippled? I would assume that doctors wouldnt do the surgery if they know that it will cripple someone. I get confused about this point because most reputable doctors say that if you gain 5-6 cm there is relatively little risk but then I hear people here on this forum say that its an extremely dangerous surgery. So which one is it?

Body Builder

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 12:09:34 AM »

Who are you to insult LL'ers, epecially in a forum about LL?
Also, how do you know if we are crippled or not? I'm almost sure that a "crippled" LL'er like me could lift you in the air and push you back on the ground with not much effort.
So show some respect to people who underwent this hard surgery to improve their lives and get away from a silly social prejudice about short height that unfortunately plays a major role in our lives, or gtfo from here and go to a forum with moron people like you who judge something that never faced because they were just lucky to have a good height.

LL is for the brave ones. Morons like you are the last ones who can criticize us.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 12:23:38 AM »

Let the drama ensue.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 12:23:57 AM »

Who are you to insult LL'ers, epecially in a forum about LL?
Also, how do you know if we are crippled or not? I'm almost sure that a "crippled" LL'er like me could lift you in the air and push you back on the ground with not much effort.
So show some respect to people who underwent this hard surgery to improve their lives and get away from a silly social prejudice about short height that unfortunately plays a major role in our lives, or gtfo from here and go to a forum with moron people like you who judge something that never faced because they were just lucky to have a good height.

LL is for the brave ones. Morons like you are the last ones who can criticize us.

5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 12:27:39 AM »

This topic gets better and better lmao

Body Builder

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 12:28:30 AM »

Yves, no it is not unethical because being originally short (especially me because you are about average) doesn't mean that we are going to have short children or the opposite.
After all my dad is almost 5.10 and I was 5.65 (my mum is just 5.2) so by being tall doesn't mean that your children will be tall too. Most of the times the woman's genes play even a bigger role about the height of the children so if our woman is not short, there is a great possibility that our children won't be short too.
But after all there is always LL so everything can change, especially after about 20-25 years that our children would have ended puberty and reached their final height.
So it's up to you if you'll say it or not. I won't and I am completely good about that.

Also, don't be afraid too much about amount of lengthening.
If the doctor is really capable and you are not very unfortunate to have major complications like infections, then most of the people could reach 6-7 cm on femurs and 5-6 on tibias without many risks.
I lengthened 7.5 cm on tibias, which is a lot, and if my moron doctor didn't mess with my achilles tendons, I could have easily been to my 90% pre LL condition which is fine.
Even now I can do everything and almost noone will ever notice that my gait is not ideal due to my loose ach. Tendons (which I'll fix in 2 months with a new surgery).
So don't worry about that, go to a good doctor, keep stretching and I'm sure that you'll get very close to 5.11 with femur LL without many risks.
LL is tricky but not as much as most people who haven't done it believe. After my first LL I'm very sure about my decision to do a second LL and I'm really don't afraid about that. With a little good luck, much effort from the patient and a professional doctor, the outcome will most of the times be very good.

Bander72

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 12:54:32 AM »

You jobbers better respect bodybuilder or he will put you in the recliner and do a 69"er.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Chris

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 01:01:12 AM »

Educate yourself before you try to find entertainment in a field you don't understand.
I'm not a mod, but trolling is against the board rules and you're clearly trolling. Heck, you are even that bold and put it in your signature.
Now make your screenshots for reddit and leave.

I've never seen a topic derailing twice ;D
My condolence, Captain  ;)

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Big Daddy

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 01:21:41 AM »

Educate yourself before you try to find entertainment in a field you don't understand.
I'm not a mod, but trolling is against the board rules and you're clearly trolling. Heck, you are even that bold and put it in your signature.
Now make your screenshots for reddit and leave.

I've never seen a topic derailing twice ;D
My condolence, Captain  ;)

I know plenty from the time I've spent here. For very short guys I totally understand why they do it. But guys pushing to get into tall territory even after they've been jacked up by one leg lengthening clearly have problems similar to an anorexic or something. If you have to get an ATL and walk like a gimp and insist that you're gonna get another one because "lol least i'll be tall" then it's a case of delusion. A poster here called Sweden has the same thing, admitting he can barely run and isn't what he used to be, constant pains and stiffness and what not, yet still wants a second lengthening so he can get close to 6 feet. This is the kind of mentality that should disqualify these people from further surgery. These doctors are taking already injured people and injuring them even more with a second lengthening, should they accept them as a patient. They need a bunch of prozac, not another round of cosmetic surgery.

doomsday

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 01:24:12 AM »

You guys need to understand that we all are biased, we all are here because we dont  like our height and subconsciously we tend to blame it for everything.
Personally I totally disagree with BodyBuilder. Yeahs he did LL, he has proper knowledge about LL, but I still think he's wrong. 

If you go to any forum with players, they will tell you to fk what girls think and work on your game. If you game is solid and youre above lets say 5'7 then there is nothing that should stop you. Also its not my personal opinion! You might as, why? Its because im biased like yourself , I blame height for a lot of thing because I feel it. And we all know that emotions are  often not real.

If you are 175 cm and there is dude who's 180 cm, Im sure your facial features and games will decide whether he is taking girl back home or you. Also if there is dude who is 180 but does have much less free money for fun and there is you 175cm with extra $50k to spend on holiday etc because you decided to not to do LL(lets say femurs). Who do you think will fk more girls in next 2 or 3 years and maybe find future wife?  Just think how much more opportunities you will have because of that 50k in you account!

We're putting to much emphasis on height and we forget that after certain point more features come into play.

Body Builder

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 02:08:10 AM »

@ big troll daddy: I am normal and I walk normal too from what people see. So stop telling bs if you don't know anything about my current condition. Yes, my tendons are not as they should because I had a bad surgery but is is something almost completely irreversible and that's why I'm gonna (try to) fix it. And noone ever gave me strange looks or told me anything about my gait or something so it is a thing that only I can feel and has nothing to do with my appearance and how others see me.
But if I can improve my abilities and be almost back to completely normal compared to my preLL condition with another one surgery, there is no reason to not do it. And that's what I'm going to do.
That has nothing to do with my will to reach 5.11 and never face any negative comment about my height again.
These are two completely different things.

@ doomsday: if two men are about the same in appearance and one is 5.9 and the other one is 5.11, who do you think that the vast majority of women would choose?
Also, I'd really prefer to attract women with my appearance and then with my character than with money (50k you mentioned). I prefer women who like me, even after an added height than women who care about money and all these.

If you think that with a height like 5.7-8 nothing holds you back, especially on dating, then I'm really happy about you and I hope you'll never prove yourself wrong.
But my personal experience and from what I everyday see with men at about my height is different.
Yes, my current height is not bad for dating but it is also not a benefit. And there is no reason to not change something to improve your life if you have the ability to do it.
So, I can't accept that height makes my life harder or at least not as easy as it could have been if I was above average height.
That's why I'm planning for a second LL. Of course I am not doomed at my current height, I have many chances in everything including dating but by reaching 5.11 then height will never be again an issue in anything in my life.
So, since I'll have the ability to reach that height and have the social benefits from being relatively tall and also feel completely ok with my self, there is no reason to stop without doing it.
And I'm sure that this is the main reason that many peers here who are already 5.8-5.10 (that's the max limit for worth  doing LL imo)  think about this surgery.
We don't need it at all cost and to be socially accepted like really short men who face a huge and completely unfair discrimination, but it could still improve our lives a lot.

crimsontide

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 02:53:46 AM »

I like Bodybuilder. He seems like a decent guy. I don't agree with him though on many things. I don't want to argue, and I don't think I'm being hurtful by what I'm about to say since I  too had ATL

I'm getting special  braces   that you can only get in the States. They are leg braces  but special ones with much greater stability, and more importantly, they store energy and propel you forward. This will make my "push off' as it once was if not stronger than befote

I'm doing this because the  truth is that anyone that gets ATL  in both legs will have permanent weakness.  Achilles shortening might help a bit, but  you will still be left with a permanent deficit.  The deficit is not minor.

This is a hard  fact to swallow, but it's the reality.  Every single study I've read on achilles shortening  concludes that even though  strength can be increased, it is relative to your lengthened state.  The studies are almost always done on patients with 1 normal leg, and they test both legs of the participants after a year or more. Every single study I've read measures the   plantar strength and calf size of the surgical leg( my made up term) to be 50-55%  of the normal leg. 

What I've written applies more generally thought not as extremely  to the entire process of lengthening. Stretching soft tissue has deleterious  effects that  may never  fully recede, or take years to maximally recover

doomsday

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2017, 02:55:41 AM »

@ doomsday: if two men are about the same in appearance and one is 5.9 and the other one is 5.11, who do you think that the vast majority of women would choose?
Also, I'd really prefer to attract women with my appearance and then with my character than with money (50k you mentioned). I prefer women who like me, even after an added height than women who care about money and all these.

About those 2 guys. I think women would choose the one  that looks and sounds better. So facial features, sharp look(clothes), game, being interesting(maybe you traveled a lot, interesting job?) etc.
Height is only a factor. One factor. There are other equally important. If you are 2 inches shorter but still considered normal height you can easily compensate with different factors that are FARR easier to achieve than doing LL and outshine the guy who is 2 inches taller. Also women don't choose you based on one factors such as money. But money give you ability to do   load of thing that women find attractive and interesting to them.

The problem with this forum is that everyone bombard each other with negative staff  about height and then make it worse by telling stories how they were treated badly etc.
I was 166 cm plenty of women considered me more attractive then my friends who are taller them me. Maybe I'm short but i can easily compensate with confidence, life experience ,the way I dress etc. Sure it would make huge difference if I was taller(lol and im  already 170 :D(in frames) ) but it not the only factor. As I said after reaching normal height, in my opinion 5'8-5'9, do other things to improve your life and dont think LL is the holy grail.
Guys here blame height for absolutely everything and they fail to see other factors that could potentially make them happier...

onemorefoot

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:38 AM »

I am not very interested in dating as I am very young, however I can say that I have seen beauty girls with ugly guys( they have money). If you dont have money, oh my bad you know which is your only choice.
Budget will determine my future.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 08:11:48 AM »

At 5'9", I've never been rejected for my height. I've come across only one dating profile that said 6'+ only, and that's because the girl was 5'11" (which is really rare). But even 5'10" girls want to date me. All other girls who I've seen who want to only date tall guys are usually pretty crappy girls to be dating anyway. They're usually the girls who only care about looks and status. Maybe it's just me, but I rather date a girl who cares more about your personality than your looks.

So don't do this surgery to get girls if you're above 5'7" in my opinion. It's the opposite of "alpha male". It's quite a beta male move - i.e. bending over backwards to please other people. And there's a lot of mental issues if you just want to be taller to look down on others as if you're superior to them. Only low self-esteem people do that kind of thing. Try to be more attractive in other areas of your life besides your looks. Because a lot of girls who I've dated said that looks isn't really that big of a deal to them. And I know, because I only have like a 7 face and a 5 body.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Antonio

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »

Bodybuilder, have you tried boots with lifts to add 4-5 cm to your normal height with shoes? If you have, do you notice a big difference in response from the women you date / try to date? Not trying to pick on you, I'm truly interested in the marginal effect

Body Builder

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »

@ crimsontide: thank you for your kind words first of all.
About AT shortening, the biggest research which included 11 patients who had this surgery after tendon elongation from bad surgeries after AT rupture and were under the observation of dr Mafulli, maybe the best doctor in the world about achilles tendon surgeries (he only does orthopaedic surgeries to ach tendons, nothing else!) and is also on the internet, have much greater results than 50-55%.
The average push off power was restored to 82% and calf diameter was about 3 cm less compared to healthy foot (less than 10% difference).
And all the patients except from 1 said that they couldn't feel any difference between their legs, healthy and operated one.
So my friend, at least on papers, AT shortening seems to work a lot and after all, my calf size is already less than 10% smaller than before ATL (I'm an amateur BBer so I always measured my muscles and I know exactly the difference) so 50-55% of gastrocnemius reduction is far from reality, at least for relatively young and healthy patients.

I'm sorry for the off topic post but I"ve read a lot about what I"m going to do and have an excellent doctor with great experience on ach. tendons, so I know why I am so optimist about this surgery. After all, even now with overlengthened tendons (especially the left one) most of the times I am generally speaking good and walk normal, so if I wasn't sure about the good incomes of tendon shortening (at least on theory and what research shows) then I wouldn't have considered doing it.
I hope that everything will be ok with me and  maybe you consider doing it too in the future.

@ Dointgitforme: first of all congratulations for your diary and your smooth LL experience.
You have many right points on what you say but you know something? I'm very happy with anything else in my life and I don't want to-can't improve anything else in my appearance because I'm lucky to have a good face and my body, after 11 years of continuous working out (with only 2 years break after LL) is at its best.
And I wasn't been rejected for my height too, at least openly, but I"ve many times heard that I'm not tall enough or that I'd have been much better if I was 5.11 and these kind of comments.
And after all, I know that if I were 5.11 I'd have been more aesthetic looking than now and if we want to discuss and about proportions (which doesn't matter a lot for me) it is better for someone to have equally lenfgthened femurs-tibias compared to someone with just 7.5 cm lengthened tibias.

So, there is really no reason for not doing another LL and reach my dream height.
Money doesn't matter for me if I'm completely happy with myself and have social benefits from height (which you don't have when you are shorter than about 5.11) and risks are not many with femur LL with a capable doctor.
For all these reasons, a second LL is really something that will improve my life a lot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:09:09 PM by Body Builder »

Bander72

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2017, 12:14:49 PM »

Bodybuilder so you were 5"7 before.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Body Builder

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »

Bodybuilder, have you tried boots with lifts to add 4-5 cm to your normal height with shoes? If you have, do you notice a big difference in response from the women you date / try to date? Not trying to pick on you, I'm truly interested in the marginal effect
Yes my friend, when go in the clubs I wear my 2 inches elevator Bugarri shoes, not only for the added height but because they are very elegant too. These put me at a solid 5.10,5 or just a slight more which is the border imo to be taller than most of the girls (of course there are still a lot of girls taller than that with heels but not the majority)  in the clubs who wear huge heels (10+ cm) and be about average compared to the most men there who also wear shoes of 2-3 cms.
So, my elevator shoes only give about 1 extra inch more compared to the most normal men's shoes which is something but not anything big.
And yes, I see a difference especially when I talk to girls who are just a little shorter than me (with heels) and if I wore flat shoes they would have been taller and most of the times would have rejected me only for that. A guy shorter than a woman, even if she wears huge heels, is at least 80% a dealbreaker for her, especially in places like clubs, bars and all these.

Finally, my 6ft and 6.1ft best friends still have a much easier time picking girls on clubs and they are completely average looking in every other aspect. Not bad of course but not anything special either. And both of them have much less money than me (because some of you mentioned money and success) and neither of them have a relatively new BMW like me.
But height make their lives much easier on dating, not in relationships generally where many other things matter a lot too, but on the first impression.
Above averave height, good clothes and an at least average face and body are more than enough to have plenty chances on dating.

@Bander: I was 1.68 and now I am 1.75,5.
I'm talking about morning height. At night before going to sleep I'm most of the times 1.74 or just 2-3mm  less.

KrP1

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 12:52:24 PM »

Hey bodybuilder nice to see you here. I remember your experience from the other fórum.

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »

Well this thread has certainly been hijacked from its original purpose and turned into a thread full of arguments and personal attacks. Could those who want to discuss their own issues start a different thread and deal with them there?

The questions asked in the original post by CaptainAmerica could be very interesting to read and discuss the experiences and opinions of those who have undergone the procedure while being helpful to people who are considering/have completed limb lengthening.

Antonio

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »

Yes my friend, when go in the clubs I wear my 2 inches elevator Bugarri shoes, not only for the added height but because they are very elegant too. These put me at a solid 5.10,5 or just a slight more which is the border imo to be taller than most of the girls (of course there are still a lot of girls taller than that with heels but not the majority)  in the clubs who wear huge heels (10+ cm) and be about average compared to the most men there who also wear shoes of 2-3 cms.
So, my elevator shoes only give about 1 extra inch more compared to the most normal men's shoes which is something but not anything big.
And yes, I see a difference especially when I talk to girls who are just a little shorter than me (with heels) and if I wore flat shoes they would have been taller and most of the times would have rejected me only for that. A guy shorter than a woman, even if she wears huge heels, is at least 80% a dealbreaker for her, especially in places like clubs, bars and all these.

Finally, my 6ft and 6.1ft best friends still have a much easier time picking girls on clubs and they are completely average looking in every other aspect. Not bad of course but not anything special either. And both of them have much less money than me (because some of you mentioned money and success) and neither of them have a relatively new BMW like me.
But height make their lives much easier on dating, not in relationships generally where many other things matter a lot too, but on the first impression.
Above averave height, good clothes and an at least average face and body are more than enough to have plenty chances on dating.

Thanks for sharing your honest experience, BB; it is refreshing to hear.

Further questions:
1. Do you ever pick up women in places where they don't wear heels, like the gym / tennis club / ski piste / running in the park? Assuming then that you are a good 4-5 inches taller than them (assuming equal footwear), are their responses better than when you are in the places where they wear heels? Also as in the gym they are more appreciative of your body they could overlook the height difference.

2. Do you do better when you are in a group of men of similar height (as in you look like the average guy)? or better when the average is less (ie you look taller than average)? I ask because I went to a salsa club for the first time last week with a date and I was surprised that I was one of the tallest guys there. I can't dance to save my life but I certainly felt that the women were more interested.

3. What is the ideal height for a woman for you? Has your perception of the ideal height of a woman changed after your LL?

Once again, just trying to confirm or refute some hypotheses. Respect to you my friend

Antonio

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2017, 02:13:48 PM »

Well this thread has certainly been hijacked from its original purpose and turned into a thread full of arguments and personal attacks. Could those who want to discuss their own issues start a different thread and deal with them there?

The questions asked in the original post by CaptainAmerica could be very interesting to read and discuss the experiences and opinions of those who have undergone the procedure while being helpful to people who are considering/have completed limb lengthening.

I agree. Perhaps the mods could move the replies onto another thread?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

What is all this focus on clubs and bars? Persoanlly I don't know anyone who ever got laid in a bar or a club (not talking about kissing which happens to some people me included). All got girls (short and long term) from everywhere else besides clubs and bars. I think it is a little bit overestimated as to how much those two places are major when it comes to hookups.
  I can understand the fixation if you are north american as when I went there the club/bar scene is indeed extremely sexual (to what is worth, as someone who lived mainly in europe, the way women behave there  could be considered here almost as sexual harassment).

I do think that the way people here are belittling body builder (which is an honest guy which also have a diary in the old forum) becasue of his thoughts is exaggerated.. You can disagree with him, but you don't need to insult
I learned some stuff during this time

Body Builder

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2017, 02:47:49 PM »

Thanks for sharing your honest experience, BB; it is refreshing to hear.

Further questions:
1. Do you ever pick up women in places where they don't wear heels, like the gym / tennis club / ski piste / running in the park? Assuming then that you are a good 4-5 inches taller than them (assuming equal footwear), are their responses better than when you are in the places where they wear heels? Also as in the gym they are more appreciative of your body they could overlook the height difference.

2. Do you do better when you are in a group of men of similar height (as in you look like the average guy)? or better when the average is less (ie you look taller than average)? I ask because I went to a salsa club for the first time last week with a date and I was surprised that I was one of the tallest guys there. I can't dance to save my life but I certainly felt that the women were more interested.

3. What is the ideal height for a woman for you? Has your perception of the ideal height of a woman changed after your LL?

Once again, just trying to confirm or refute some hypotheses. Respect to you my friend
@ krp1: nice to met you my friend.

@682: You are right. Many of the posts here should be moved to an other thread or something.

@ antonio: 1)on the gym it is much harder to pick up girls and also, I'm there for working out, not for picking girls. Also, the girls that are really worth are there to just work out and don't have the willing for social time with men most of the time.
So when I hit the gym I'm dedicated to do what I should with my body and I'm not in the mood for more things. And trust me, most of the real good looking girls think the same. They go to gym to improve themselves, not meeting men.
Also, I don't have many hobbies (ski, jogging etc) so I don't know if it would have been easier for me to flirt there.
The places I most of the times find women is clubs, bars and generally speaking places that people go out to meet other people. Of course there are many superficial women there but there are nice women too. And after all, superficial or not, they still want to meet men. And if you don't have any major drawback in your appearance (which is the most important on these places for both men and women) then you won't face any problem even with a little shallow women.
After all, its nice to have the choice to see if you want to do something with a (even shallow) girl or not rather than be rejected for something like height.
I don't look for these kinds of girls of course but I still don't want to think that I'm not good enough for many women due to my lack of more than average height, while on every other aspect I'm far from average.

2). Yes, while I'm with men at about my height or a little above (1 inch lets say) almost every time I'm the one who would find a new girl in a club. When I am with my tall friends I mentioned before, most of the times they find girls easier than me and women talk to them more than me.
And yes, the less the average men height in a club is, the easier it is for me to pick girls.
All these are  a common experience for men who go out a lot and have an adventurous life style.
People who only find women via internet or have longtime relationships and don't go out to meet new girls can't understand what I'm talking about and how important is height for these situations.

3) I don't have an ideal height for women. The most compatible for my height would be a 5.4-5.6 girls but everything from 5.2 to 5.9 is good enough for me.
I tend to prefer girls 5.3-5.6 range but I really don't care.
On the other hand, a nice face, a slim body and a cute character are much more significant for me in a girl than height.

crimsontide

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »

no problem..

Please link to these studies which show  that after   achilles shortening,  avg  plantar strength of  the participant's   surgical leg was measured to be  over 80% of the non operated leg.

@ crimsontide: thank you for your kind words first of all.
About AT shortening, the biggest research which included 11 patients who had this surgery after tendon elongation from bad surgeries after AT rupture and were under the observation of dr Mafulli, maybe the best doctor in the world about achilles tendon surgeries (he only does orthopaedic surgeries to ach tendons, nothing else!) and is also on the internet, have much greater results than 50-55%.
The average push off power was restored to 82% and calf diameter was about 3 cm less compared to healthy foot (less than 10% difference).
And all the patients except from 1 said that they couldn't feel any difference between their legs, healthy and operated one.
So my friend, at least on papers, AT shortening seems to work a lot and after all, my calf size is already less than 10% smaller than before ATL (I'm an amateur BBer so I always measured my muscles and I know exactly the difference) so 50-55% of gastrocnemius reduction is far from reality, at least for relatively young and healthy patients.

I'm sorry for the off topic post but I"ve read a lot about what I"m going to do and have an excellent doctor with great experience on ach. tendons, so I know why I am so optimist about this surgery. After all, even now with overlengthened tendons (especially the left one) most of the times I am generally speaking good and walk normal, so if I wasn't sure about the good incomes of tendon shortening (at least on theory and what research shows) then I wouldn't have considered doing it.
I hope that everything will be ok with me and  maybe you consider doing it too in the future.

@ Dointgitforme: first of all congratulations for your diary and your smooth LL experience.
You have many right points on what you say but you know something? I'm very happy with anything else in my life and I don't want to-can't improve anything else in my appearance because I'm lucky to have a good face and my body, after 11 years of continuous working out (with only 2 years break after LL) is at its best.
And I wasn't been rejected for my height too, at least openly, but I"ve many times heard that I'm not tall enough or that I'd have been much better if I was 5.11 and these kind of comments.
And after all, I know that if I were 5.11 I'd have been more aesthetic looking than now and if we want to discuss and about proportions (which doesn't matter a lot for me) it is better for someone to have equally lenfgthened femurs-tibias compared to someone with just 7.5 cm lengthened tibias.

So, there is really no reason for not doing another LL and reach my dream height.
Money doesn't matter for me if I'm completely happy with myself and have social benefits from height (which you don't have when you are shorter than about 5.11) and risks are not many with femur LL with a capable doctor.
For all these reasons, a second LL is really something that will improve my life a lot.

vegeta24

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »

I'm 5'7 and a half and I want to do LL. I might be on the taller end of the short spectrum but honestly I don't care. I don't plan on going over 5 cm. At this point I don't care if it helps me attract more women, that's not what I care about anymore. Will LL make me happier? A little, but probably not by much. I do agree that people should not get a second surgery unless they are closer to the average spectrum. All in all it shouldn't matter what we think of someone else, everyone has their own opinion and if they want to take the risk like all of us than so be it. We're the only ones to blame if something goes wrong.

Body Builder

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2017, 11:08:28 PM »

Here is the link Crimsontide
"test paired sampled statistics showed that the operated limb had a lower peak torque than the nonoperated leg (240.9 N ± 51.9 N vs. 299.0 N ± 44.2 N; P = 0.05), but the patients did not perceive this decrease in strength as interfering with their daily or leisure activities. ".

299 N to 241 N means a reduction of plantar flexion power of about 20%, not 50% as you mentioned.
Also most of the patiens didn't saw any major difference between the operated and the non operated leg after tendon shortening, although before this surgery they couldn't even do a single heel raise (I can do more than 40 in each leg).
And finally, these patients where about 50 years old which doesn't help a lot for a great outcome compared to my 28 years.
So if they reached about 80% compared to their non operated leg, I'm almost sure than my outcome will be at least the same and maybe bettet.

All the above numbers and everything about achilles tendon shortening after tendon elongation due to bad surgery after achilles rupture (which is the same as tendon overlengthening after atl) are mentioned here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3460090/

crimsontide

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2017, 04:29:40 AM »

A few things. I've read this study before btw

1-  none of these patients had their tendons severed and their limbs and surrounding soft tissue lengthened. There is an enormous difference between  our situation vs a rupture  healing long

2- We have had both  tendons lengthened, not one.  This is not a linear relationship. Two  tendons   each of a deficit of 20% would not  cause an overall deficit of just 20%. The deficit will be quite a bit larger

3-The authors state  "Maximum calf circumference was significantly decreased in the operated leg by the time of latest follow-up "

4- they also state "The operated limb was significantly weaker than the nonoperated one."

Those results are from testing done on avg over 30 months after the surgery.  Their operated limbs were significantly weaker and smaller   even after   quite a significant amount of time.

I've seen this study before, among many others. I was expecting something  different.

I wish you the best,  and shortening can(though it is by no means assured) help, but according to this study,  best case scenario  we'd be looking around is  around a 30% deficit which is enormous. I can only speak for myself, but  this would be unacceptable

Anyway, I do wish you the best

Good luck Bodybuilder

Here is the link Crimsontide
"test paired sampled statistics showed that the operated limb had a lower peak torque than the nonoperated leg (240.9 N ± 51.9 N vs. 299.0 N ± 44.2 N; P = 0.05), but the patients did not perceive this decrease in strength as interfering with their daily or leisure activities. ".

299 N to 241 N means a reduction of plantar flexion power of about 20%, not 50% as you mentioned.
Also most of the patiens didn't saw any major difference between the operated and the non operated leg after tendon shortening, although before this surgery they couldn't even do a single heel raise (I can do more than 40 in each leg).
And finally, these patients where about 50 years old which doesn't help a lot for a great outcome compared to my 28 years.
So if they reached about 80% compared to their non operated leg, I'm almost sure than my outcome will be at least the same and maybe bettet.

All the above numbers and everything about achilles tendon shortening after tendon elongation due to bad surgery after achilles rupture (which is the same as tendon overlengthening after atl) are mentioned here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3460090/

Body Builder

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »

Crimsontide, even now I don't have a 30% deficit in power and as I said before, my calves are not even 10% smaller than before atl.
To be completely honest, it is the feeling of loose tendons that make me to plan shortening and not the reduction of push off power, because even now the plantar flexion power I have is more than reasonable so I don't have any problem with that.

Also, i think that the gait disturbance is much worse when you have only one operated leg. I'm not sure but I think it is more balanced to have 2 feet at 80-85% than one foot 100% and the other one 70% or something.

Finally, yes, there are some differences in tendon elongation after achilles rupture and tendon lengthening due to equinus after LL. But not about the tendon per se. After all, achilles rupture is a more severe injury and destroys a good part of the tendon compared to atl which lets the initial tendon almost intact but it is cut and lengthened which alters dramatically the length and tension of gastrocnemius-soleus muscles.

Our problem and everyones who did atl is not the quality of the new tendon, because even scar tissue in young people like me (I don't know your age) is very strong due to the lot colagen synthesis we have.
But tendon length is much more important than tendon quality and I'm almost sure that this is what causes our and everyone who did atl the gait problems we have. And that's why the most you lemgthened your tendon the worse the outcome, become even in my case, right foot is almost normal but left is much worse and of course I did atl in both of them but on the right the lengthening of achilles was minor while on the right it was way more.
So, length of the tendon is the most significant and that's why I truly believe that tendon shortening will help us a lot.

I don't know if the push off strength will be 70 or 90% but if I'd  feel my walking is completely normal again, like almost all of the patients in study mentioned, I'm completely ok with that.
But we'll see, and thanks for the kind words.
Keep strong!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up